As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Thread

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's quite silly that this week's European Playstation Blog hasn't posted its releases (because sometimes games appear on Wednesday/Thursday/Friday, and they are not visible on the store before that).

I looked at the US Playstation blog, and was very excited to see Crossout there (think World of Tanks, but you can build your own Mad Max-like vehicles), but it was scribbled out when I looked today :bigfrown:
    And nowhere on any sites I can find a release date for that (because who doesn't want to build contraptions and fight with them?)

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Mildly related to Night Trap:

This is not a game, it's a movie thing, but it does the whole "cameras all over the place, you might not catch everything on one watch" thing.

http://www.the15experience.com/hack/

The bottom button, Hacker View, gives you an edited movie like experience, but there's other stuff going on at the same time.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I see it but I don't believe it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsRTQUjYfXI

I never got to play it as a kid as all ways wanted to. I hope that the have the original version and a remastered one as I need to see what got peoples underwear in a twist back in the 90's.

No one was thinking of the CHILDREN

I should rather like to send a copy of one of the Senran Kagura games back in time 25 years so we could watch everyone in congress do a passable imitation of the ending of Kingsman.

The 80s and early 90s were not a good time to like anything that the mainstream considered "dangerous".

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I apparently missed out on a lot of . . . odd games being a console kid in the 90s.

My wife wants to play Edith Finch now, so congrats on that. :wink:

And my mother (who is 60 years old) came over yesterday to, among other things, play the Ratchet & Clank reboot. Back when the original came out (holy crap, 15 years ago?) she played through that damn game so many times. More than my brother and me combined, I know that. And I know she played the other two on the PS2, but after that, there wasn't a PS3, so no more R&C games for her. So she's playing along yesterday, and out of the blue, she says, "I forgot how much fun these damn things are". I love my mother. She's so much fun.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Night Trap is the most bizarre remaster announcement ever but hey, I'll probably pick it up, on sale. Between this, Bunker and Late Shift and some of the efforts on PC, like Contradiction and Her Story, the revival of FMV adventure games has been pretty crazy.

But anyway, here's this weeks NA update:
    PS4
    Arcade Archives NeoGeo Galaxy Fight: Universal Warriors (4/27)
    DeathState – $9.99 (360MB)
    The Deer God
    Dragon Quest Heroes II – $59.99 (23GB)
    Eventide: Slavic Fable – $9.99 (780MB)
    Little Nightmares (4/28)
    Outlast 2 – $29.99 (18.7GB)
    River City Melee: Battle Royale Special (4/28)
    Shovel Knight: Spector of Torment – $9.99 (264MB)
    Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 – $59.99 (39GB)
    Syberia 3 – $49.99 (14GB)
    The Walking Dead: A New Frontier – Episode 4 – $4.99 (2GB)
    Valhalla Hills: Definitive Edition – $39.99 (881MB)
    What Remains of Edith Finch – $19.99 (2.8GB)
    Zombeer (4/26)

PS VR
    Statik – $19.99 (1.2GB)
    Symphony of the Machine – $19.99 (1.7GB)

PS Vita
    The Deer God
    The Legend of the Dark Witch – $9.99 (90MB)
    Period: Cube – Shackles of Amadeus (4/28)
    http://www.psnstores.com/2017/04/playstation-store-update-april-25th-2017-outlast-2/

And in great news, PAL PSN Kickstarter codes for Cosmic Star Heroine finally went out this morning and I got mine. I'm really looking forward to playing it once Persona 5 and Full Throttle are done, so hopefully this weekend.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I apparently missed out on a lot of . . . odd games being a console kid in the 90s.

If you're referring to Night Trap here, it was actually a console game! Granted, it was made for an addon to a console, so it didn't necessarily have a good install base. I remember a few days after I got my Sega CD, I did a lot of begging with my parents to take me to the mall so I could buy Night Trap with my Christmas money.

The Sega CD definitely had some bad stuff on it, but I was pretty happy with it overall.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    If you asked me in a multiple choice question what I thought the LEAST likely remaster would be in 2017-18, and you had Night Trap as an answer on that list, and the list had 100-500 other games on it, I don't know that I would ever pick anything other than Night Trap. I guess maybe Sega feels like it can viral-marketing effectively with this? I.e., YOU'VE HEARD ABOUT IT, BUT YOU'LL WANT TO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF!...?

I mean, if someone digs Night Trap, more power to 'em. I just didn't think it'd ever make a comeback, what with its headline-grabbing controversies and its FMV and its Five Nights at Freddy's gameplay and its-- oh my god never mind it all makes perfect sense. Sega's going to meme-and-Lets-Play its way to success.

Hey Sega, I would like the following, while you're on this train:
    1. Burning Rangers (Saturn) remake/remaster;
    2. Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn) remaster;
    3. Shadow Squadron (32X) remaster;
    4. Ristar (Genesis) HD remaster;
    5. New Phantasy Star;
    6. New Shining Force.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Yeah, with all the FMV games that have come out in recent years, this is probably the perfect time for a Night Trap rerelease.

I'd really like to play through the Shining Force III trilogy. I think I played through the first one, and I started playing the second one...but the second and third were never localized, so I was playing with a translation FAQ and honestly, that was no way for me to enjoy the game. Never made it very far.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    They definitely don't have the source code for Panzer Dragoon Saga. I wonder about the others though.

I'm guessing our chances of seeing Burning Rangers ever again is somewhere around zero.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »

If you're referring to Night Trap here, it was actually a console game! Granted, it was made for an addon to a console, so it didn't necessarily have a good install base. I remember a few days after I got my Sega CD, I did a lot of begging with my parents to take me to the mall so I could buy Night Trap with my Christmas money.

The Sega CD definitely had some bad stuff on it, but I was pretty happy with it overall.

Oh, it was SEGA.

I was a Nintendo kid. :wink:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options

Oh, it was SEGA.

I was too, for the most part, but my little brother got a job before me, and one of the first things he bought was a Sega Genesis. So I got to have the best (and worst) of both worlds!

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    'Edith Finch' is really good you guys. I was a cat, an owl, and then I was a shark, and finally a creepy Eldritch man-eating toilet tentacle. :D:+1:

If only I could be a toilet tentacle in VR! This game is sorely lacking PS VR support, it would be great for it IMO.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Apparently you can also download the Night Trap theme for free

So, that's a thing

@Cello

• Options
    edited April 2017
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    If you asked me in a multiple choice question what I thought the LEAST likely remaster would be in 2017-18, and you had Night Trap as an answer on that list, and the list had 100-500 other games on it, I don't know that I would ever pick anything other than Night Trap. I guess maybe Sega feels like it can viral-marketing effectively with this? I.e., YOU'VE HEARD ABOUT IT, BUT YOU'LL WANT TO SEE IT FOR YOURSELF!...?

I mean, if someone digs Night Trap, more power to 'em. I just didn't think it'd ever make a comeback, what with its headline-grabbing controversies and its FMV and its Five Nights at Freddy's gameplay and its-- oh my god never mind it all makes perfect sense. Sega's going to meme-and-Lets-Play its way to success.

Hey Sega, I would like the following, while you're on this train:
    1. Burning Rangers (Saturn) remake/remaster;
    2. Panzer Dragoon Saga (Saturn) remaster;
    3. Shadow Squadron (32X) remaster;
    4. Ristar (Genesis) HD remaster;
    5. New Phantasy Star;
    6. New Shining Force.

Not sure where you got Sega from, they don't appear to have anything to do with it. "Screaming Villains" (whoever they are) are publishing it, while Limited Run Games are distributing the physical PS4 version.

Oh, it was SEGA.

It came out on the 3DO too, not that that's much more help.

Edit: But yeah, Shining Force 3 is one of my most wanted remasters too, SteevL. That and Heart of Darkness.

Unco-ordinated on
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Apparently somehow im pretty good at puyo puyo. I played endless mode for an hour before getting bored and tanking intentionally.

Puyo puyo Tetris is pretty great you guys.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I unapologetically love Night Trap. Still have the red box release. It has a crazy amount of depth too.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I did a pretty big write-up on how much hidden stuff the game has.

Simultaneous events that are almost perfectly synced up.

Would've posted it here, but it's pretty much all gifs.

An example of two events in opposite rooms linking into each other:
    https://i0.wp.com/iwakuraproductions.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/nt6.gif

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    @Darth_Mogs I'm not sure if you're around the forums at the moment but the RTK13 PUK got a stealth localisation and release this week as the "Fame and Strategy Expansion" and in a classic Koei Tecmo move, it's only available as a full priced game. Seems like it's digital only too.

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    Man people are Savage at puyo puyo online.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    @Darth_Mogs I'm not sure if you're around the forums at the moment but the RTK13 PUK got a stealth localisation and release this week as the "Fame and Strategy Expansion" and in a classic Koei Tecmo move, it's only available as a full priced game. Seems like it's digital only too.

No, it's available as an upgrade. I saw it in the pan store about 15 minutes ago. It was $35 as an expansion, $70 for base game + expansion.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    AspectVoid wrote: »

No, it's available as an upgrade. I saw it in the pan store about 15 minutes ago. It was $35 as an expansion, $70 for base game + expansion.

Huh, I just took another look at it and you're right but it appears the PAL store requires you to own the base game to buy it. I'm not sure how that works if you own the physical version, like me.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Sure wish my sharing wasn't still broken even after the newest firmware update

I just love not being able to share photos and videos

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Ugh, PSN is abysmal. I've been downloading updates for Gran Turismo 6 for the past 12 hours and it's only 22% done. Hopefully it'll be done in a couple days.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Speaking of night trap, what controller are they going to show at the start? The original footage had a megadrive controller didn't it? Or am I thinking of Ground Zero Texas?

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Speaking of night trap, what controller are they going to show at the start? The original footage had a megadrive controller didn't it? Or am I thinking of Ground Zero Texas?

The original footage used a generic one. The Sega CD release recorded new footage with a Sega controller.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I know I'll forget Night Trap when it comes out at the physical limited site, so I'm so hoping that one of you fine people here will post it when it goes live (or at least the page I will need to bookmark). Because I so want this in a physical copy over digital.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »

The original footage used a generic one. The Sega CD release recorded new footage with a Sega controller.

I did wonder what none sega-cd versions of the game showed. Thanks!

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Twitter rumblings indicate Night Trap pre-orders are crazy-good. Huh.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Twitter rumblings indicate Night Trap pre-orders are crazy-good. Huh.

that's unfortunate

• Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Pretty much everything you want out of Night Trap you got in that trailer.

FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    PlayStation Plus Lineup For May 2017

PS4

Abzu (North America only)
    Alienation (Europe only)
    Laser Disco Defenders
    Tales From the Borderlands
    Type:Rider

PS3

Blood Knights
    Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants

Vita

Laser Disco Defenders
    Type:Rider

Got both of the PS4 games, so that's crappy, but they are great games for those who haven't played them yet at least!

chuck steak on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I've wanted to check out Abzu but not pay any money to do so, so this works out.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Ooh, Tales from the Borderlands

My policy of never paying money for a Telltale game is paying off

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Cheesum crepes Sony... gimmie a month with some games I can actually do something with!

Though, if you haven't played Tales from the Borderlands, then this is a pretty good month for you. Excellent and very funny game! Abzu's kinda meh IMO.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Tales from the Borderlands is very good.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Now I just need to beat borderlands 2 finally.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I've seen plenty of praise for Tales from the Borderlands

but how much of that relies on knowledge of, and fan service to, the main series? I only played like 5 hours of the first game.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    I've seen plenty of praise for Tales from the Borderlands

but how much of that relies on knowledge of, and fan service to, the main series? I only played like 5 hours of the first game.

It helps to know about the main villain from BL2 (Handsome Jack) but you can go in with no knowledge of the other games. It's very enjoyable on it's own. Certain characters may show up from the games, and the awesomeness of their appearance may be lost on you, but that's about it.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Ugh, PSN is abysmal. I've been downloading updates for Gran Turismo 6 for the past 12 hours and it's only 22% done. Hopefully it'll be done in a couple days.

I've found that super slow PSN download speeds can often be fixed with a restart.