As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PSN] Thread

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    here's the thing though. they could have done it with a better trailer.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Conspicuously absent:

Days Gone

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I can't wait to get home and watch all of these trailers.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Conspicuously absent:

Days Gone

Subtitle: The Game Everyone Forgets Exists Until Another Trailer Inexplicably Shows Up

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    (Catching up on trailers)

...well, Detroit: Obvious Subtitle sure is a David Cage game.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Who keeps giving david cage money.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I will always give David Cage money. I quite enjoy all the weird silly shit he makes.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'll also give him money, with the cavet that it's never more than $20.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    Who keeps giving david cage money.

I appreciate him giving the Best Friends more guaranteed gold material. He's putting Matt's kids through college.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    So now that I've had a moment to catch up a little with the weekend... I was honestly hoping Sucker Punch would reboot the Sly franchise after the success of the Ratchet & Clank reboot. But I will wholeheartedly take what looks like a stealth action ninja game with a plot better than anything Tenchu could come up with, please and thank you!!

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Spelunky 2?

Yes, you have my attention, and also my money.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Guacamelee 2, Tennis World Tour, Detroit, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man...those were my main highlights

And more Destiny stuff but that's been leaked (including the name) for months now

You like David Cage's Lifetime Movie trailer?

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    Definitely going to play Ghost of Tsushima, though I'm afraid my inner Japanese history major self is going to be cringing the whole time.

cckerberos.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I just watched the Last of Us 2 teaser and yeah, kind of a bad trailer. Because it doesn't excite me about anything new to the game except cult weirdos who will be morally much more satisfying to murder. I mean, is there going to be injuries to repair, MGS3 style? If not, breaking the arm was just gross. I would have had the guy shoot the attacker before the first blow. And then if the broken arm is relevant to the plot, do it that way in the game. You'd shock people with content they'd seen already, as a bonus!

• Options
    The woman they tried to hang in the trailer is played by Laura Bailey! ND redacted her character's name in the tweet, and there's already speculation that she's Ellie's mom. I highly doubt that's the case, though. Still, kinda odd to redact the character's name like that.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    cckerberos wrote: »
    Definitely going to play Ghost of Tsushima, though I'm afraid my inner Japanese history major self is going to be cringing the whole time.

Easy solution, just listen to your minor non-Japanese self then.

I just watched the trailer and hope that it is good. Been a long time since there was a good Samurai game that is in the correct period.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    As someone who has been screaming for more Tenchu for a long time, I’ll happily give this a shot. Especially since it appears to be straight samurai/ninja action, and I’m not seeing any demons or magic or anything like that.

• Options
    cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Betsuni wrote: »

I just watched the trailer and hope that it is good. Been a long time since there was a good Samurai game that is in the correct period.

But Nioh came out just this year?

ETA: and the "correct period" is kind of the issue. The samurai of the 13th century were pretty different from what we think of as samurai.

cckerberos on
    cckerberos.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017

ETA: and the "correct period" is kind of the issue. The samurai of the 13th century were pretty different from what we think of as samurai.

Wait, crap... This is set in the 13th century? Missed that in the trailer. Nevermind then, I'll just enjoy the swords I guess. Hopefully it will have some sort of ghost level being that this is about a spirit.

Edit: So just watched the trailer again. Set in 1274? The year of the Mongol invasion. Wonder if this is going to be involved in that somehow.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Wait, crap... This is set in the 13th century? Missed that in the trailer. Nevermind then, I'll just enjoy the swords I guess. Hopefully it will have some sort of ghost level being that this is about a spirit.

Edit: So just watched the trailer again. Set in 1274? The year of the Mongol invasion. Wonder if this is going to be involved in that somehow.

Yes it is specifically that. The Mongols invade Tsushima, your character - a samurai - survives, and has to develop the way of the Ghost in order to strike back.

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »

Yes it is specifically that. The Mongols invade Tsushima, your character - a samurai - survives, and has to develop the way of the Ghost in order to strike back.

Ohhh ok! Thanks!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Is the season pass for Deus Ex Mankind Divided considered necessary? It and the base game are on deep sale right now and I've been kind of itching for a cyberpunkish game. Was MD generally well received? I liked Human Revolution well enough.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    did they ever even have DLC for the game?

There was like a bank heist thing on/right near release but I thought they cancelled any additional content because they hate me

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    did they ever even have DLC for the game?

There was like a bank heist thing on/right near release but I thought they cancelled any additional content because they hate me

There were two 'story' DLCs: "System Rift" and "A Criminal Past." Apparently "A Criminal Past" is actually pretty good (based on the Steam user reviews).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Rumor is the new games for PS+ will be Bound and Worms.

• Options
    Hey, I'd be happy for once!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Has anyone put in much time with Hue this month? It started off neat but for me it became a bit tedious around color 4 and my GF started having issues when switching mid-jumps became a thing.

I really liked the idea though and there was some great gameplay in the early parts

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I quite enjoyed playing through Mankind Divided, but it's not a particularly good or complete story.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    MD was great but the story was almost too realistic at this point (in the US at least).

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Has anyone put in much time with Hue this month? It started off neat but for me it became a bit tedious around color 4 and my GF started having issues when switching mid-jumps became a thing.

I really liked the idea though and there was some great gameplay in the early parts

I gave it a go, and it seems interesting but the terribly written obnoxious voiceover really turned me off.

• Options
    Hope nobody was really looking forward to the new Need for Speed

More EA open world/microtransaction tedium

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Viscerals Star Wars game not getting screwed over for being a narrative driven single player game my ass.

Viskod on
  • Options
    Viskod wrote: »
    Visercals Star Wars game not getting screwed over for being a narrative driven single player game my ass.

New T-shirt catch phrase

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    PS Plus announced:

Worms and Bound confirmed
    Until Dawn: Rush of Blood for PSVR.

A lot of people saying it's a weak line up. However if you've a PSVR then both Bound AND Rush of Blood are spectacular. Rush of Blood was actually the game I voted my favourite of 2016.

And c'mon, who doesn't love Worms?

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm pleased for once. Haven't played Worms in a while, this is the new one with helicopters and shit right? Also almost picked up Bound many times because it looked like a neat little game. Now I get it for free.

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    This'll be my first Worms game since Armageddon. I loved that game.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    PS Plus announced:

Worms and Bound confirmed
    Until Dawn: Rush of Blood for PSVR.

A lot of people saying it's a weak line up. However if you've a PSVR then both Bound AND Rush of Blood are spectacular. Rush of Blood was actually the game I voted my favourite of 2016.

And c'mon, who doesn't love Worms?

this was a good month to cancel. i mean this isn't weak it's awful. you have to have a VR set to get anything out of it.

worms is pretty terrible too if you don't have a local group to play it

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Bound is visually gorgeous but was too boring to finish

Never liked Worms

Plus automatically renewed for a three month for me the other day, and that's good because it'll get me through the Destiny DLC in December, think I might finally drop it at the end of January though. It's been a whole lot of nothing for so long

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Bound is visually gorgeous but was too boring to finish

Never liked Worms

Plus automatically renewed for a three month for me the other day, and that's good because it'll get me through the Destiny DLC in December, think I might finally drop it at the end of January though. It's been a whole lot of nothing for so long

Yeah I dropped my yearly re-up which was set to go off in a few days. Just been a whole lot of nothing for me this year.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    If PS+ wasn't required for online MP, I would have cancelled it years ago.