Options

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Sort of. My internet has been VERY problematic recently, which is a new thing for me. My provider is usually rock-solid. Since I have a flavor their business class service (500MB down, 30 up) I have a technician coming out to the house TODAY to see if it's a problem with my line or my modem. I've tested all my internal stuff (and as part of the maintenance shifted all server traffic to a different network interface) and all problems don't seem to be on "my end." Worst case, I'll have a bit more downtime this afternoon (between 11 and 2 PM EST) as they're out working on it and hopefully an equipment swap will take care of it. I should just bite the bullet and get my own modem, too, but the class of one I'd need is kind of pricey (and honestly, leasing has it's benefits, like now, when it probably needs replaced and I don't have to pay for it).

So stay tuned, and sorry for these crappy past few nights/days.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Ok, modem swap and some other maintenance, and a new patch, and we're back online. Let me know if you have any problems connecting.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    New patch just arrived:

Patch Notes

We’ve added more control for clans in the form of hierarchy options:
    As a first step, we added a new “recruit” clan level, which is the default level after joining a clan.
    Vaults will after the patch only be accessible by clan “members”, “officers” and “guild leaders”.
    Recruits have to be promoted manually to a higher level in order to access vaults.

Terrain Fixes
    Patched up holes in the towers within the volcano that previously allowed players to get inside.
    Added building blocking near the Shrine of Oracle.
    Patched a hollow area inside the Bridge of the Betrayer so you can no longer build inside it.
    Fixed the terrain in The Pit so it’s no longer possible to get under it.
    Patched up a place in the Boundary Spillway that was possible to get inside.
    Fixed a pocket inside a mountain at “The Crevice” that could previously be built into.

Additional Notes
    Fixed an issue where traps would remain in the air after dismantling the structure they were placed on.
    Added sound effects for dismantling placeables and crafting stations.
    Fixed an issue with foundations where it was possible to create a double layer of protection.
    All Star Metal weapons should now equal Khitai weapons in durability, armor penetration and damage.
    You will no longer get a loading screen if the wrong Direct Connect IP address is entered.
    It was previously not possible to click the “OK” button after typing the wrong IP address and then timing out.
    You can no longer place foundations on Lore Tablets.
    Crocodiles will now attack when inside water.
    Insulated Wood recipe now consists of 2 Resin, 1 Oil instead of just 1 Resin to bring the cost of Tier3 Black Ice buildings more on par with Tier3 stone buildings.
    Obsidian weapon crafting has been revamped. Obsidian now requires Composite Obsidian to be crafted. This resource can only be crafted in the Volcanic Forge, and the recipe can be (re)learned from the end of the Volcano dungeon. Obsidian weapons can be crafted in any blacksmith bench as long as you have Composite Obsidian.
    Functional Warpaints now properly decay over time.
    NPCs should no longer rubberband, teleport, then hit you from far away.

• Options
    Funcom also announced that the patch release schedule will slow down as many of their people go on vacation for the rest of July-- you guys get how many weeks of vacation per year ?-- with a big patch appearing in August. I predict this will arrive on the same day that BATTLE FOR AZEROTH launches.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Ugh, don't like that Insulated Wood change at all.

• Options
  • Options
    Server has been updated and should be ready for you as well. New modem is doing wonders.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2018
    Fairchild wrote: »
    you guys get how many weeks of vacation per year ?

I don't know how big their team is, but in a high vacation traffic period in my company, it's not uncommon for like 1/3-1/2 of a department to be out for a week or two, and then another cluster goes. You end up with enough people on hand to continue working on bits and tackle all but the most major of catastrofucks, but not enough on board (in quantity or in terms of making final calls) to necessarily progress at the same rate as non-vacation time.

Personally I'm up to 6 weeks, 7 if I really stretch it. >.>

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
  • Options
    This is obviously the most important bug fix: "Nudity level now updates instantly after changing it in the server settings."

• Options
    Server has been patched.

• Options
    BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    Fixed collision to prevent building base at Deserter’s Gutter tubes

This worries me as on the official server I have a base inside deserters gutter but not in the terrain or something exploity like that, I don't get what it means by "tubes". It's hollow inside so our first main base is there. Any chance someone could investigate for me? im on ps4 so it would give me time to strip the base during certification if it's going to wipe it all out.

• Options
    ... and another patch to the patch of the hotfix of the patch arrived today:

PC Hotfix Build 103744/18646 (07.07.2018)
    JULY 7 - COMMUNITY DIRECTOR (NATASCHA)
    Hello PC Exiles,

Thank you for your patience and feedback.

We know you’ve been waiting and waiting is no fun so let’s go right down to business:
    Here are the bugfixes for today’s Hotfix

Decay
    We have received feedback from EU and US players that it will be tricky to maintain your bases on official servers during the common vacation period in July and early August due to the decay time being 6 days. We are therefore **temporarily** increasing this to 18 days for EU and US Officials starting this coming week. So assuming your building is large enough it will take up to 18 days to decay [the repair hammer is your best friend and allows you to check this easily!]. We will keep an eye on things and record any significant impact on server performance. Depending on this, we may have to reduce the limit again but we will in that case make sure to announce it first. Otherwise this change will stay in effect until Monday 13th August.

Private server admins who run with the decay system activate can also easily do this by changing the following value in serversettings.ini:

from "MaxDecayTimeToAutoDemolish=604800.000000" (this is 6 days counted in seconds)
    to "MaxDecayTimeToAutoDemolish=1814400.000000" (this is 18 days counted in seconds)

We also have a poll going on for additional server areas to get a feeling for demand.
    Please take a look here[forums.funcom.com].

AI/THRALLS
    The Pirate Captain will once again make an appearance in his quarters.
    Fixed the down pour of T4 named thralls at the Black Galleon and other places. Back to business as normal!
    Thralls can now be properly placed inside Avatar Domes
    Thrall ownership was not always saved correctly when joining or leaving a guild which could cause thralls to attack the player
    Fixed a case where thralls would fall through foundations.
    GENERAL BUGFIXES
    Players who logged out on top of building pieces should no longer log in inside them
    Item Decay Timer is back to normal. No need to buy those fridges after all. This should also fix the issue with Yellow Lotus potions vanishing into thin air.
    Some conflicting access rules with containers and quick loot have been resolved.
    Map Markers will once again persist through logouts.
    Your hard earned journey steps are once more tracked and displayed properly
    Small wells can be placed again.
    Blood stains will be properly removed over time.
    Ymir set can now be repaired
    Right and Left-sloping walls can now be placed under ceilings
    Fixed a Bug with Avatars not doing proper damage to structures. We are still looking into an additional balance pass especially involving Set.
    level up Audio should now be better synced with on screen notification
    Fixed a bug which could allow you to extend the number of storage slots in containers
    Fix for modders not being able to use the UI Modules table or the ActivateGuiModule command anymore
    Fixed a small bug where objects appeared to be floating on trees with snow.
    Fixed a problem preventing modders from cooking mods that had a mod RconCommand in it.
    QoL FIXES
    Moved “Encumbered” notification to a more convenient location on the screen.
    KNOWN ISSUE
    Placeables that emit heat emit heat even when turned off. This should not pose a huge problem unless you have built anti-cold buildings in the desert with a lot of torches and furnaces, but it is an issue nonetheless.

A good way around this is to not use more torches than is required, or use torches that actively combat heat (Witchfire) or torches that don’t emit heat at all (Radium), build using the correct heat/cold resistant materials, not create huge farms of furnaces to smelt (note that the bricks cook much faster after the patch) and wear appropriate clothing for the biome you are in.

• Options
    Server is updated again, have at it.

• Options
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Server seems to not be showing up on my lists. Did it go down again or is this something else?

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    Server seems to not be showing up on my lists. Did it go down again or is this something else?

The Steam server browser shows it not responding for me.

• Options
    MrVyngaard wrote: »

The Steam server browser shows it not responding for me.

Hm, odd. Okay, let me dig into it. Sorry all.

• Options
    This may be the culprit:

"Small Hotfix (09/07/2018)
    JULY 9 - COMMUNITY MANAGER (NICOLE V)
    Hey all, just released a small hotfix! This focuses on an issue where the Degenerate's Illusion would cause a common server crash. Thanks for your patience and your continue reports! We're noting each one down.
    Please give the servers some time to update and come back online."

• Options
    Damnit. These people and their fucking hotfixes.

Patching AGAIN. Should be back soon.

• Options
    I know, I kinda wish that they would go on vacation for three weeks so we can go that long without a daily hotfix.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    yeah, I started streaming conan because I figured it should be fairly stable at this point, and I feel bad I have to constantly pester my host to update the server so others can play on it while I'm not streaming. Just like, package that shit together and push out a build on monday or something once a week.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    Damnit. These people and their fucking hotfixes.

Patching AGAIN. Should be back soon.

Haha, yeah. Every time I try to connect to the PA server, I can't find it, and then realize that a hotfix got pushed out just 30min previously.

My timing is horrid.

• Options
    Tuesday's hot fix:

Hotfix (10/07/2018)
    JULY 10 - COMMUNITY MANAGER (NICOLE V)
    Good day everyone! A new hotfix has been released and coming to a PC near you. Thank you so much for the continued feedback and details in your reports and suggestions! This version is 103818/18696 so make sure to update your game!

Max Decay Time on Official Servers
    As we mentioned in the previous Hotfix thread on the 7th, we have increased the max decay time from 6 days to 18 days for all official servers on all platforms. This will be in effect from now until Monday, August 13th. As mentioned previously, we’ll be monitoring this change and the impact it has on the servers.

Patch Notes
    Khitan bow can now be repaired
    Fixed a case where the weather would not change or show when hosting the game/server.
    Clan recruits can now properly access other clan’s vaults if they are unlocked.
    Your character’s avatar in your inventory should appear correctly again.
    You can take dropped loot by other players on PvE servers again.
    Damage dealt from explosive jars should now be more consistent.

• Options
    harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    How do I find this mythical PA PVE server?

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    Rhan9Rhan9 Registered User regular
    harvest wrote: »
    How do I find this mythical PA PVE server?

Checkiiittt:

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/39612378/#Comment_39612378

• Options
    Server coming back online now.

• Options
  • Options
    One thing I find fascinating is where people will decide to put bases. Once we (on my 6 person private PS4 server) found out that map rooms allowed for fast travel, it began to raise questions about where we really should be putting things. I've sort of began making it my personal project to begin building infrastructure in the form of standard'ish bases near each of the Obelisks that are located in places allowing that to be done. There are a few bases kind of in the middle of nowhere that have map rooms, meaning one can get out into the world easily, but getting back to them is more challenging/time consuming. My first one was placed (perhaps without enough thought) near the Obelisk in the middle east side of the map, near the northern end of the jungle. I'm thinking of tossing down another in Stonebrick on the west side near the Abyssal Remnant, and have Black Ice Reinforced bits for a 2 story structure in the vast frozen north west. I'll have to snap a few pics, but really they're nothing elaborate compared to what many of y'all have been showing off.

A side project I'm pondering working on would involve building up into a hollow/vertical cave I found on one of the islands in the south east. It's narrow, but fairly deep, so getting foundations in place, an elevator, and then kitting it out in some sort of 'Conan meets Ikea minimalist living, how much CAN we put in a 300 square foot apartment?' style arrangement.

I think we have harvesting up to 1.5x, but even then, getting the hundreds of demon blood necessary to build a couple of map rooms (and the gold) is probably my biggest stumbling point. I'm aware of the gold deposits by the Volcano, and the pirate ships, and the undead cats/hyenas/farming that one boss for blood, it just becomes a whole lot to do as one person logging in to work on a project even piecemeal. And that's just for a 5x5-7x7'ish 2 story building, not to mention kitting it out with crafting stations and thralls. At least putting these things near Obelisks means I can consolidate as much as possible at one base with a map room, then teleport over while massively overburdened and build/drop off stuff until that's no longer a problem. It'd be nice to start the next base(s) with a map room or two done, but I kind of just want to get out there and start laying foundation all the same. Making the hike once or twice back to civilization wouldn't kill me, and as you folks noted, building T3 structures is pretty considerable exp (I'm at 54, trailing well behind those who have already hit 60, but at least it's in sight).

This is, again, on a private server for a cluster of friends, so there are zero worries about needing to build raid resistant things. Having basic defenses in place to help deal with purges helps, of course, but it's fairly relieving to know that I won't log in and find that XxXSePhIrOtHvEgEtA420XxX has fucked up my shit because they were bored.

• Options
    I don't find that Northern Jungle obelisk to be all that helpful. It's not near anything useful and surrounded by Spiders and Reapers so that you're in combat immediately. I do like the one in the middle of the jungle near the Witch Queen's city, however.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I don't find that Northern Jungle obelisk to be all that helpful. It's not near anything useful and surrounded by Spiders and Reapers so that you're in combat immediately. I do like the one in the middle of the jungle near the Witch Queen's city, however.

Yes, I noticed this after I was already pretty committed to the idea. Apparently there's some underground passage it might be nice to be around, and I see it as possibly future proofing against later content, if I'm lucky. Basically, having a map room and basic base near as many obelisks as possible is a pet project, even if some of those are more useful than others (such as a waiting room in the vast frozen north, the current project).

That said, aside from easy access to glowing goop, it's weird how few resources are available in that area. No coal or iron deposits whatsoever. Sure, trees, and goop, basic rocks, some spiders and cats/crocs, but it almost feels like that section of the world is a bit of a placeholder, in contrast to the density of available materials in some other sections. Sorting out the fuel problem was kind of fun; a dozen fish traps and a press later, I'm mass producing oil like I'm a part of OPEC.

Forar on
  • Options
    Agreed. There are three or four enormous iron cells in the Jungle, but if you don't build near one of them you are relying on wood and stone, which are admittedly plentiful. Two of those cells are near the pirate ship, where you can't build, so why put them there ?

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I haven't played in probably a month, but part of that is because of my overall disappointment with the Jungle. Pre release, I was really looking forward to going there and exploring and finding a really sweet jungle base spot and then building a really great base there.

But resource scarcity, and the lack of a new T2/T3 tier for the jungle almost instantly killed my enthusiasm for that location. To me it feels like it's a giant waste of space with a dungeon on the far side.

They could easily fix it by liberally sprinkling the zone with more iron and coal deposits, and giving us another building tier to go along with Stonebrick and Black Ice.

• Options
    I'm building a Khitan palace in the Jungle near Messenger's Respite, but because of the paucity of resources there I've decided that my best course is to create the building items in my Highland base and then haul them over to the Jungle, so progress is slow.

Also requires ten tons of Hardened Brick, which takes a while to create, altho much faster now that I've added a named Smelter as an Executive Intern.

• Options
    Hey @DietarySupplement thanks for running the server, I'm having a good time. If anyone wants to come see my dumb base come look near the river west of the savannah.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    For whatever reason, the server refuses to show for me both in-game and the steam server list... I've ticked the 'show servers with mods' button, tried all the different combinations of pve/america/all... nothing seems to work.

Anyone else having trouble finding the server?

1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    Heroth wrote: »
    For whatever reason, the server refuses to show for me both in-game and the steam server list... I've ticked the 'show servers with mods' button, tried all the different combinations of pve/america/all... nothing seems to work.

It's responding for me at the moment in the Steam server browser. It could have been a hiccup, or it could be something on your end.

• Options
    Hey @DietarySupplement there's a bit of trouble, things are too laggy to fight any of the dangerous monsters. I was killed by some boss snake thing in a sewer that I couldn't see most of the time.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Heroth wrote: »

It's responding for me at the moment in the Steam server browser. It could have been a hiccup, or it could be something on your end.

No, i mean... i can't see it. at all. it refuses to show for me. I haven't been on it before, i thought i'd jump on and give it a try but no matter what i do (doing wide searches, searching for 'all' types of servers, focusing down to PvE/america only, ect. both in-game and through the Steam server menu) I Can't see it... google isn't being much help thus far... I guess i'll just keep trying or if i'm on at the same time as one of you i might be able to 'follow' you in from steam friends.

1Gn4PNI.png