Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Conan Exiles: Penny Arcade Server Now Online

1394041424345»

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I jumped back into this pretty hard over Christmas vacation. I'm just playing on an official PVP server. It's one I had played on previously so I already had a character around level 25 on there. Better than starting over completely, but I still had to start my base over.

Anyway, I noticed a couple pretty significant changes since the last time I had played.

1) Using the carpenter's bench to make shaped wood now produces bark as a byproduct. It seems that you get 1 bark per 10 wood spent. @Tube You will appreciate this change since I know you hate bark.
    2) They nerfed the hell out of the ease-of-obtaining Set arrows. They were moved from the carpenters bench to the Set alter (which makes sense.) What sucks is that they now also cost a token of zeal for each stack of 10 arrows you make. This makes the cost of these arrows insanely pricey compared to before.

I mean, in all fairness that nerf was justified. Set arrows were too good for how easy they were to obtain. But now they're so expensive they're almost not worth making. You gotta farm a whole lot of human hearts to make antidotes to get zeal tokens to get arrows. And since all the religion items are mutually exclusive with each other, that means you aren't farming Soul Essence for Ambrosia, or anything else.

Sir Carcass
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie Future world ruler Registered User regular
    I also jumped back into this over the weekend... looks like they made throwing axes less shitty. I guess they stack now, and are recoverable. Could be fun to make an axe-thrower...

• BitTWistBitTWist Kitsap CountyRegistered User regular
    yea, the recent update changed a lot about archery, and added some quality of life fixes. The next update (in test now) will have even more big changes. Purge mechanics and such. Looking forward to it.

3DS:2552-1222-3225 / PSN:BitTwist
    edited January 2
    Yeah, I've still never seen a purge.

Fun anecdote. As I said above, I'm playing on an Official server. Standard rules. And even on official server, the Purge is buggy as hell. I filled my purge meter about 1/3 of the first bar while I was building my base. And I never logged out and it reset while I was playing. Lost all my purge progress without even logging. It just vanished. Logged back on the next day, built a bunch more stuff and my purge meter stayed at 0 the entire time.

Lucascraft on
    I also jumped back into this over the weekend... looks like they made throwing axes less shitty. I guess they stack now, and are recoverable. Could be fun to make an axe-thrower...

I've never once even used a throwing axe or javelin.

But I did notice that bow mechanics are improved. Right Click zooms you in a bit and lets you hold your shot for a while. It gets wobbly and unsteady the more you hold it, but I'm assuming as you improve your Accuracy trait that wobbliness will decrease. While holding your draw with Right Click, you fire with Left Click. This new system works way better than the old way they did it. The added zoom makes a big difference.

• KarozKaroz Uguu~ Registered User regular
    The javelin was nice for its comparable damage to iron weapons without using iron, but far too easy to chuck away and lose. Its moveset was also nice if friendly fire was on since it was mostly thrusting animations. Otherwise yeah, no real reason to use the javelin.

Nice to hear the game continues to improve.

Anyone here have any experience with building a gazebo-like structure in Conan?

I'm trying to prototype out a gazebo using the Khitan tile set, to make like this cool Chinese looking outdoor garden gazebo. I plan to put my well in the middle of it. I will decorate it with benches and fun lights and stuff. The part I'm struggling with is the roof. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for building a round gazebo to place a well in.

Any of y'all try the Midnight Grove dungeon or learn the Jhebbal Sag religion?

I have done some online searches and can't really seem to find any good info on it. What level is the dungeon?

• The DeliveratorThe Deliverator Slingin Pies The California BurbclavesRegistered User regular
    edited January 11
    This might help with the floor, https://i.imgur.com/FLwEonM.jpg from there a roof should be easy enough.

The Deliverator on
    camo_sig2.png