As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Legion] on FX: Season 2 is finished - beware open spoilers

• Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Oh snap, I haven't watched the latest episode yet.

I'll have to squeeze it in at some point today.
    Phrasing
    Sorry
    Not sorry

Kneel on
    Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    Confirmed!
    2hr0tvd.png

Yeah.. that's pretty much..
    .. a wheelchair wheel with a very distinctive X. Also, in the chalkboard cartoon (comic?) the dad is bald. The mom has hair, so it's not a stick figure thing.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I think that's actually the same
    wheelchair from the X-Men movies.

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Regarding next season
    I have a feeling the battle against the Shadow King is going to continue. Not only because it makes sense story-wise (who could they possibly use as the main villain after him), but also because Aubrey Plaza is pretty much stealing this show and people love her.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    I think David could be forced to
    make an alliance with the Shadow King since the Shadow King knows a lot more about mutant powers and David needs to use his knowledge to defeat Division 3 and save the Summerland mutants.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    I think that's actually the same
    wheelchair from the X-Men movies.

It is the exact same

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    i love that his rational mind has an english accent
    I loved his rational mind mocking his attempt at an English accent
    Especially considering the actor is English. An English actor affecting an English accent spoken by an American.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I hope that
    Aubrey Plaza never leaves

Even if the shadow king is defeated or ejected from his mind she should remain as a residue of him and maybe a seed for him to germinate again for later seasons

Also she should play more villains

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    I hope that
    Aubrey Plaza never leaves

Even if the shadow king is defeated or ejected from his mind she should remain as a residue of him and maybe a seed for him to germinate again for later seasons

Also she should play more villains

I feel like this role is her basically saying to Hollywood "I can do any role you would have given to Helena Bonham Carter 10-15 years ago- in my sleep"

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    After binge watching this over the last two days I'm kind of weirded out by how good and visually interesting it is. Not at all what I expected when I heard it was an x-men show, only tried it on a recommendation in [chat].

But it's great! Like a superhero story that decided it would rather be the music video for a 70s prog rock concept album about mental illness

• Options
    Watching this show really makes me want to see a Dr. Strange movie by Noah Hawley.

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Aubrey Plaza is kinda blowing me away here - since Parks & Rec she's basically been stuck between a) April Ludgate-esque snarky deadpan, and b) slutty, drunk/high party girl in a series of not-great R-Rated comedies. This role seems to be breaking her out of that usual role. Interesting to see where her character goes (trying to skirt around Ep. 1 spoilers here...).

AS far as I remember, her role in Safety Not Guaranteed doesn't quite fall into either of those categories, and also it's a pretty neat little indie film.

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    This show is amazing, and Aubrey Plaza is award-winningly theeee best.

(sometimes I wish there were a punctuation mark that denoted strong conviction - The period is low energy but the exclamation mark is too winky-facey)

• Options
    This wrote: »
    This show is amazing, and Aubrey Plaza is award-winningly theeee best.

(sometimes I wish there were a punctuation mark that denoted strong conviction - The period is low energy but the exclamation mark is too winky-facey)

Put either 'the', 'best' or both in italics?

• Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Ok they so mentioned email this episode so I ask again WHAT YEAR IS IT IN THIS SHOW?

Lorek on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Ok they so mentioned email this episode so I ask again WHAT YEAR IS IT IN THIS SHOW?

Nineteen Seventy Fuckit

• Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular

All of them, it really doesn't matter.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

its the 19-a e s t h e t i c s

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular

Same year as Archer.

• Options
    It's pretty clearly just the present with a higher than average concentration of vintage fashion. And Summerland specifically was just built in the actual 60s/70s. Clockworks has kind of a weird aesthetic but most of the individual parts could plausibly exist in a current setting, it's just the whole that ends up looking like a British sci-fi show from the 60s.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    We know they have modern technology since in the first episode, there are flat screen TV's in Clockwork and the D3 interrogator had a tablet. But the show is designed to be ambiguous since they also have 60's fashion and outdated technology like tape players, pay phones, really old CRT monitors, etc.

I think if there is an in universe explanation, it would be that
    memories and perceptions have been manipulated by the Shadow King. The Shadow King was defeated at least 30 years ago. That means he would have been old enough to live through the 60's. So we see things from all these different time periods because that's what the Shadow King remembered from when he was still Amahl Farouk.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I mean it's an alternate universe sooooo

• Options
    "what decade is this taking place in" is probably not the right question for this show

It's questionable whether time is a meaningful concept given the powers involved

• Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    Hasn't Marvel setting usually featured lot of futuristic tech, because so many of the heroes and villains are super-scientists?

It could be the 70:s with Reed* designed flatscreens and touchpads.

Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    jammu wrote: »
    Hasn't Marvel setting usually featured lot of futuristic tech, because so many of the heroes and villains are super-scientists?

It could be the 70:s with Reed* designed flatscreens and touchpads.

I mean, they had super robot Sentinels in the 70s as of Days of Future Past.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    At this point I would more say don't try to attach it to another show or movie. It is mutants so it can't be MCU. And it has shown Xavier's wheel chair. I would say maybe more modern period of the DoFP/First Class timeline.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    What did Melanie
    Tell force blast dude to wake him up like that? He was pretty much on death's door...

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    Probably that he was dying so to make himself useful.

• Options
    I love how they depicted that guy's abilities.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    So, that was most excellent. But the end. What was that?
    It reminded me of Nanny from the comics...

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    So, that was most excellent. But the end. What was that?
    It reminded me of Nanny from the comics...
    I've heard some people say that Asteroid M has something similar, but I don't know personally

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Maybe the thread title could be less spoilery for those who might not have caught up yet?

• Options
    Anyway, that was amazing. Perfect number of episodes. I love that people are being allowed to make a show like this.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    This wrote: »
    Maybe the thread title could be less spoilery for those who might not have caught up yet?

I thought it was vague/not all that revealing if you hadn't actually seen the episode and understood what it meant, but edited.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    As the credits rolled, I jokingly said to my husband, "I'm incredible disappointed with this episode. I understood what was going on the whole time, and it all made perfect sense!"

And then credit scene happened.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I definitely like the brainspace memory stuff better than the superpower fighty stuff.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Watching episode 7 now and I have an early question
    Okay so I think he's actually schizophrenic but some/all of his other personalities are actually other entities, not just a mental thing. So when he switched bodies with Sydney (spelling?) did he switch his entire self with all personalities or just David's core personality?

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Man, Oliver is the coolest kat in town.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    RT800 wrote: »
    Man, Oliver is the coolest kat in town.

Here's hoping he has a brother played by Matt Berry.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Watching episode 7 now and I have an early question
    Okay so I think he's actually schizophrenic but some/all of his other personalities are actually other entities, not just a mental thing. So when he switched bodies with Sydney (spelling?) did he switch his entire self with all personalities or just David's core personality?

Nope,
    David was never schizophrenic. His altered memories and perceptions were all a result of the Shadow King.

When David switched minds with Syd, his mind went into Syd's body but the Shadow King remained in his body. That's why Syd was able to see the Shadow King when everyone else couldn't.