As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Adventure Pop

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited February 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - PATV - First 15 – Adventure Pop

Gabe and Tycho play a game for 15 minutes and then judge it accordingly. This week they play Adventure Pop.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Man, this game REALLY benefited from the games they played before it (they quit out of The Dwarves halfway through, then played Tower of Guns). To me it just seems okay. It's certainly polished, but I feel like I've played it before so many times.

The idea has potential, though. I'm imagining using this mechanic for something like multiple "enemies" (bubble groups) on the screen at once, with strategic weak points and different bubbles that the player can actually choose the order of (like swapping weapons/characters).

dennis on
  • Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I refuse to accept that Jerry doesn't know how to say Chimera. I assume he pronounced it wrong on purpose.

GDT1985 on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    GDT1985 wrote: »
    I refuse to accept that Jerry doesn't know how to say Chimera. I assume he pronounced it wrong on purpose.

Considering their love of pronouncing things wrong on purpose, this is a very safe bet.

See also: leev-eye-tation.

dennis on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Chimera is a tough one because that's genuinely how people who've never heard it aloud pronounce Chimera

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Tube wrote: »
    Chimera is a tough one because that's genuinely how people who've never heard it aloud pronounce Chimera

I also vaguely remember that modern greeks pronounce it a bit different than either the "correct" or "frequently mistaken" English pronunciations. Something to do with the K sound being less hard and blended with a bit more with a breathy H sound.

dennis on
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

And it's not a word that comes up in casual conversation all that often. I said it incorrectly till I was out of college.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    YoungFrey wrote: »

And it's not a word that comes up in casual conversation all that often. I said it incorrectly till I was out of college.

I said "wyvern" incorrectly until last year. And I'm Jerry's age.

dennis on
  • Options
    jerodastjerodast Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I'm pretty sure I still say wyvern incorrectly. Chimera at least comes from Greek mythology (more popular than Welsh, generally), and sees modern use in genetics.

Also, Mike ignoring the potential of his booster to make some insane shots made me sad.

jerodast on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Yeah, it's pronounced 'kai-mera' right? Nyuk nyuk.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I imagine Jerry has the issue that a lot of readers have: fantasy books rarely come with pronunciation guides.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »

Y-yes?

Is that not right, either? Because then I say it wrong too...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    GDT1985GDT1985 Registered User regular
    That is the most common pronunciation, yes.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

That's how they said it on the X-Files.

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Y-yes?

Is that not right, either? Because then I say it wrong too...
    YoungFrey wrote: »

That's how they said it on the X-Files.

Oh. I always thought that was the wrong pronunciation. I mean, I use it too because I find it easier, but I always thought the proper one was 'shee-meur-ah', like in this clip (around 0:22).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1WqKXSyXGk

H9f4bVe.png