Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions
. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum
. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Pseudo-Random Reboots - Help!
So, starting about 2 to 3 weeks ago I started getting reboot events while playing FF14. Specifically, it seemed to occur during cutscene playback. I've now seen the reboot occur while playing the Ghost Recon beta and while playing ESO. Here's what I've tried so far:
My system Specs
- Installed a Corsair H100i v2 to correct potential CPU overheat issues
- Thoroughly cleaned my case and fans
- Updated all of my drivers (GPU, Audio, etc.)
- Completely re-installed FF14 from scratch
- Checked event viewer
- Confirmed my OS Drive has plenty of free space
- Switch to DX9 from DX11 in FF14. Note: This actually seemed to lower the frequency of the crashes.
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
G.Skill DDR3 8GB x 2
Corsair CX850 Power Supply
The Video Card and Power supply are only about 4 to 6 months old. The rest is about 2 years old. My current thinking is pointing me at the video card, mostly due to the fact that switching to DX9 seemed to lower the crash rate. The only problem with that thought is that I can play Smite and SC2 for DAYS without any issues. So, any suggestions? How do I isolate this problem?
Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984