As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NFL Draft

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    my one hope for the broncos this season is that they kick the shit out of the raiders

chargers too, if they can do it

mrpaku on
  • Options
    chronoboundgearchronoboundgear Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bengals draft was terrible. Nothing really positive coming out of it. I was thinking we'd go 11-5, but after this draft I'll put us at 9-7. Trash Trash Trash Garbage Trash.

chronoboundgear on
    Xbox 360 Tag: Earthbound King

Every fights a food fight when you're a cannibal.
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my one hope for the broncos this season is that they kick the shit out of the raiders

chargers too, if they can do it

depends on if the new Chargers Defensive Coordinator keeps the 3-4 or installs a 4-3

if they fuck with the defense it will take time to adapt and they'll be weak for half the season

the wook on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    seriously Lions, stability is only good if your front office is competnent and able to put together a good team

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    i just had an argument with my roommate over the trade of moss to the pats

his final argument was 'well he fucking kicks ass in madden, why the hell would oakland trade him!?'

tugga on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oakland traded him because he didn't want to try if Oakland didn't have a chance.

I think Moss still has plenty of that superstar left in him and I think he'll be a lot more motivated to play harder when he's on a winning team like the Pats, not to mention Brady delivering the ball to him.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I can't really blame Moss for wanting to get out of Oakland. I would want out too if I was stuck there.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Cups42 wrote: »
    I can't really blame Moss for wanting to get out of Oakland. I would want out too if I was stuck there.

See that's kind of horseshit. Moss blames everybody but himself for his problems and that shit just wont cut it with Belichick. I wouldn't be surprised if that asshole gets himself cut.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Moss was good for oakland for 4 games

then he got hurt

tugga on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Butters wrote: »

See that's kind of horseshit. Moss blames everybody but himself for his problems and that shit just wont cut it with Belichick. I wouldn't be surprised if that asshole gets himself cut.

I'm not saying I agree with Moss, just that I understand why he wants out of Oakland.

• Options
    edited April 2007
    I used to say the same thing but 3 TD and 500 yards with is level of talent is just unacceptable and that sort of protest wont cut it with a team that doesn't desperately need him. You know as big of a pain in the ass TO is he still led the league in TD received this past year.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Yes but you also have to understand that he was hurt and was on a pathetic offensive team with no QB. Once again, not saying what he did was acceptiable, just saying that Moss is a good acquisition for the Patriots.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I like that before the Pats signed Moss, Belichick met with him and basically said, `Hey, fuck up once and you're out, got it asshole?'

Brady to Moss is a frightening thought. Brady has looked brilliant with so-so receivers. Now, if Moss actually plays the way he can... *shudder*

I hope Dwayne Bowe turns out to be a good receiver. KC has had such shit luck with drafting them.

I also hope Brodie Croyle doesn't suck. 'cause that would give us a young QB/receiver combination that could be around for a long time.

mcp on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Who the fuck is Kevin Kolb?!? Sonsabitches!!

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I just realized that whoever any team drafts, it's fans will find SOMETHING to bitch about. Even if they made seemingly smart moves.

• Options
    edited April 2007
    I just realized that whoever any team drafts, it's fans will find SOMETHING to bitch about. Even if they made seemingly smart moves.

god it's just like the internet or something

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited April 2007

god it's just like the internet or something

I must take this "internet" down. do you have his address?

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    1 Infinite Loop
    Cupertino, California

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2007

How is drafting a guy who's been in a shotgun-only offense, high in the second round, after trading your 1st round pick to the fucking cowbitches, a "seemingly smart move"? :x

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    TheCanMan wrote: »

How is drafting a guy who's been in a shotgun-only offense, high in the second round, after trading your 1st round pick to the fucking cowbitches, a "seemingly smart move"? :x

Uh, when did I mention ANYTHING about the eagles there?

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Troy Smith - All Pro in 2010. Oh god, let this be true for the Ravens.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Uh, when did I mention ANYTHING about the eagles there?

Well, when you start talking about people bitching about their team's draft in the post immediately following my post bitching about the Eagles taking Kevin Kolb, I don't think it's an unreasonable assumption that the two are related.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    can any of you tell me if i should give a shit about the broncos picks

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    No, canman. It's after reading and talking to people who qare like BOO LIONS TOOK ANOTHER WR when he is clearly the best player in the draft.

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think ESPN said something about the Lions needing like 2 more WRs and they can field a whole offensive side with receivers they took from the last couple drafts.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    No, canman. It's after reading and talking to people who qare like BOO LIONS TOOK ANOTHER WR when he is clearly the best player in the draft.

Well then, that's different. But I don't see why you'd be surprised that I thought it was directed at me when your post immediately followed my post on basically the same subject.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh man, ESPN. well at least when I watch Sportscenter, I won't have to hear these segments where they are like WE ARE GONNA PUT THE GIANTS ON THE CLOCK AND ANYLYZE THE EVERLOVING SHIT OUTTA THEM! God, those segments pissed me off.

• Options
    edited April 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    Troy Smith - All Pro in 2010. Oh god, let this be true for the Ravens.

Steve McNair can teach him many things but not how to grow 4 inches.

Butters on
  • Options
    prophetic oblivionprophetic oblivion Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    can any of you tell me if i should give a shit about the broncos picks

No probably not. It wasn't a very 'important' draft for us since we spent a lot more time in Free Agency/Trading players to get who we needed/wanted.

prophetic oblivion on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    You know what KILLED me on the inside?

They did some shitty interview with Mike Shanananahan in like, the middle of day 2. He's all, I shit you not....

"Yeah the raiders approached us about Randy Moss, but eh...fuck him"

WHAT THE FUCK.

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK.

OH HEY LOOK THE ONE WIDEOUT IN THE ENTIRE NFL THAT PRETTY MUCH NO ONE CAN COVER BUT EH LET HIM GO TO THE PATS THEY NEED THE HELP LOLZ.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    now that just pisses me off, dang bronocs

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    They did that with TO a couple years back, as well.

I really wonder what Shanahan is doing. He's a great coach and all, but he makes some of the stupidest personnel choices.

prophetic oblivion on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    yea thats sounds pretty dumb

but once randy gets hurt i.e. pulls a hammy like he did for the raiders before they got REAL bad, he wont be worth 2 shits for the next 2 seasons

tugga on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    The Bears picked up Garret Wolf from NIU (my school), hurrah!

MegaMan001 on
    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Malcontent WRs with attitude problems ARE NOT WORTH IT. Name me one team that brought in a WR like Moss or Owens and that move was the one that pushed the team over the top.

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    yes exactly i pretty good WR that keeps his mouth shut is way better than a fantastic WR that whines like a bitch with a skinned knee

tugga on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I'm actually glad they didn't take TO or Moss, personally. But cutting a team leader like Wilson (even though he is injured at the moment), not bringing back one of your leading rushers for the past 3 years, and cutting three players total who were pretty integral to your defense last year doesn't add up to 'good decisions'.

Moss/Owens are too old to be amazing like they once were, and I doubt either would really fit in the Broncos play style, so that doesn't really bother me. Also I'd take Javon Walker of TO any day. He's so dreamy.

prophetic oblivion on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    T.O. is not worth it, in any situation.

Randy Moss is a different story.

He wanted out of Minnesota because the front office decided to say "Eh, FUCK this team", and attepted to drive it into the ground. The rift in the Dante/Randy relationship was just a product of that.

He was fine with the Raiders, until, 1, he got injured, and 2, the Raiders pretty much made it clear that they thought that adding JUST Randy Moss would somehow save the franchise.

Even though they had no running game.

Or Passing game.

Or a QUARTERBACK.

Get him back with a team like the Pats or Broncs, and he's gonna play his ass of, because, well, they are Contending.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Malcontent WRs with attitude problems ARE NOT WORTH IT. Name me one team that brought in a WR like Moss or Owens and that move was the one that pushed the team over the top.

Well TO would have been superbowl MVP had McNabb not blown it like he did but having said that, I don't blame Shanahan one bit for not wanting to deal with Moss. Besides, I find it unlikely that either Moss or Walker would be to happy playing second fiddle to the other. You can't have to big egos like that on either side of your formation.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Butters wrote: »

Well TO would have been superbowl MVP had McNabb not blown it like he did but having said that, I don't blame Shanahan one bit for not wanting to deal with Moss. Besides, I find it unlikely that either Moss or Walker would be to happy playing second fiddle to the other. You can't have to big egos like that on either side of your formation.

How does someone win the SB MVP without scoring a single goddamned point? Maybe if his fucking overrated egomaniacal ass would have crossed the goalline once they would have won.

TheCanMan on