As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] FFBE Story Event. Spend tons of NRG, get modest amounts of materials.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @Rius I see you are now sharing a Noctis, how is his dodging?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Shit, that's unintentional; I swapped some dudes around to do some story. I'm gonna put that back on Olive for the event, for now.

It's not spectacular in any event; I just have Lucii to put on him, so 45%. Thinking about farming my sole Sazh to go along with my sole Shine.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Alright, got Kefka and all his medal conditions. Went with Y'shtola, Cecil, Ling, Cid, and Setzer/Setzerfriend. It was mostly controlled except for accidentally pushing him through thresholds 2 and 3 at the same time. Thankfully between Ling, Cecil with dualcast and Y'shtola, there were plenty of res spells and heals to go around while I stabilized.

Artereis on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Got Kefka. I actually didn't even need Setzer's elemental Double Dice, because I almost killed him with two non-element Orlandeau's using Divine Ruination. I missed that he dropped his DEF and watched his HP get shredded. Luckily, I was playing on Nox and Orlandeau chains are close to impossible with mouse clicks, because I'd have killed him before evoking Diabolos (had already gotten Carbuncle). He then proceeded to do his ultimate physical and magical attacks a bunch of turns in a row, but I kept the healing up (brought Y'shtola and Luka) and then just waited for him to drop his Lightning resist (had Setzer with a Coral Sword). Setzer hit him with a Double Dice while my friend Orlandu used his LB. I missed how much damage Setzer did, but I think it was 6 mil? It was pretty ridiculous. He got the Lightning vulnerability and Man Killer from Diabolos.

I ran Luka, CoD, Y'shtola, Setzer, Orlandeau (no element) and friend Orlandeau (no element). Being able to DR twice every turn made getting the orbs fairly simple.

I'll leave my Orlandeau with no elemental weapons as my leader for any of my peeps that might need him to generate orbs.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Okay, well, I definitely can't do Kefka

Like, at all

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Like, at all

What's your team?

• Options
    Magus` wrote: »

Like, at all

What's your team?

TGCid with ~580 ATK
    P. Cecil
    Refia

Not sure who to put in the other slots, since I don't have enough TMs farmed up to get decent DPS out of my Chizuru. I've got Minfillia around for party support and a Lenna if I need a second healer. I've also got an Exdeath I can use with above-average magic.

I just barely do any damage to him and get slowly murdered over about five turns even with two healers casting Curaja every turn and Minfillia providing defensive buffs.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Honestly, one Setzer friend with non-elemental weapons and Diabolos could at least kill Kefka with Double Dice. It punches right through his physical resist. Then you'd just need to bring a tanky enough team to handle his thresholds.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Did all the Kefka junk in one go. It actually took forever since I was using Noct as a carry in the farm event, and used his uber equips on Orlandu and I forgot to re-equip Noct(who had Excal equipped, singlewield) for the most part, hah. At least I put STQ on TGC so he did a little damage each turn.

But even with that it wasn't all that bad of a fight. Use Cecil for Provoke, occasional focus when he doesn't have LB, kept cover up from noct. Really though the Marie friend I brought carried most of the fight(the resist blind was pretty much useless for me though). I also brought a Rydia with me for the esper thing --completely useless, used her LB once(even with hypers on her) and then I left her dead. So it was basically a 5 man. Mostly just doing DR's with Link or warp break depending on buffs up, while occasionally tossing a flask.

It went somewhere in the realm of 40-50 turns and turned out to be a lot of fun! Super battle of attrition, luckily i actually fixed up my items somewhere before hand since I ended up burning through most of the Elixirs, PD, Mega/Turbo Ethers, chocolate etc. At once point my Refia was dead and I had to bring it all back with Cecil/Marie almost dead; they were dead next turn anyway, so I PD'd Refia and Elixir'd and hoped Cecil/Marie would eat the ST damage next turn(which they did).

Probably the most fun I've had in the game in a while, being down 1.5 party members the entire fight. Thank Ultros for Marie!

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Like, at all

What's your team?

TGCid with ~580 ATK
    P. Cecil
    Refia

Not sure who to put in the other slots, since I don't have enough TMs farmed up to get decent DPS out of my Chizuru. I've got Minfillia around for party support and a Lenna if I need a second healer. I've also got an Exdeath I can use with above-average magic.

I just barely do any damage to him and get slowly murdered over about five turns even with two healers casting Curaja every turn and Minfillia providing defensive buffs.

if you were around to get the void vessel recipe, you can craft 5 of them and kill him in 1 chain, if you can survive long enough

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

Like, at all

What's your team?

TGCid with ~580 ATK
    P. Cecil
    Refia

It's not a DPS fight really. Even at 960+ Atk, Orlandeau barely tickles him on normal turns. The gimmick is that he gives himself a rotating weakness to elements when that element does a ridiculous approximately x59 times damage because the self-elemental break is an absurd -6000%. He also drops his def to basically nothing after the first cycle for a turn (but elemental resistances stay up), then his Spr on the second before presumably repeating.

Void Vessels are the preferable item because they're the highest fixed damage thing available so they punch right through his high defense and then also get the elemental bonus (when he's weak against dark), but you could do it with any of the elemental items. It'll just take probably 3-4 turns of that instead of 1, so you'll have to deal with his strong Threshhold attacks too. Or maybe a large chain could help.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2017

Like, at all

What's your team?

TGCid with ~580 ATK
    P. Cecil
    Refia

So you have attackers that can some elements? It's pretty doable without big TM's, but DC on Refia would be really good. Or you can bring a second 6* healer if you have one with a good Marie friend. Except for DC all the stuff had on my guys were craft/event. You can even just non-elemental chip away at him, bring a ton of MP items. Exdeath is prob fine and would do pretty well, Minfilia is probably useless aside from buffing and throwing items at people(unless you have a healer staff to put on her).

Muscle belts(unless you have better rings somehow) and hp15/10 and the best spirit gear you can get on tanks/heal/supp.

Elementalor on
  • Options

Like, at all

What's your team?

TGCid with ~580 ATK
    P. Cecil
    Refia

So you have attackers that can some elements? It's pretty doable without big TM's, but DC on Refia would be really good. Or you can bring a second 6* healer if you have one with a good Marie friend. Except for DC all the stuff had on my guys were craft/event. You can even just non-elemental chip away at him, bring a ton of MP items. Exdeath is prob fine and would do pretty well, Minfilia is probably useless aside from buffing and throwing items at people(unless you have a healer staff to put on her).

Muscle belts(unless you have better rings somehow) and hp15/10 and the best spirit gear you can get on tanks/heal/supp.

Exdeath (and CoD) are also good because their killer passives are magic-based, which means they work on the items they use.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    How do you survive the gravija phase? He knocks everyone down by 75% then use Bioga to kill most of my team.

Also, for me, his defense debuff vanished after his 9th turn.

Also keeping track of turns sucks so hard. And thresholds.

• Options
    How do you survive the gravija phase? He knocks everyone down by 75% then use Bioga to kill most of my team.

Also, for me, his defense debuff vanished after his 9th turn.

Also keeping track of turns sucks so hard. And thresholds.

He just auto attacked after Gravija for me.

And why do you need to keep track of turns?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Cause he does massive AoEs on the 9th and 18th turn, I thought?

He definitely uses Bioga after Gravija for me. It's happened twice.

• Options
    Bioga has a bit of RNG attached to it.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I definitely was Bioga'd after Gravija, but it didn't really kill anyone off. Y'Shtola hit 130 hp at one point, which makes me thankful I brought double healers.

It was kind of of a tense fight throughout since there were too many elements to bother with Bar- spells, and since he self-dispels himself at the start of each turn, Breaks are useless, meaning I was basically relying on equipment and Focus for all of my party's defensive buffer.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited April 2017

He always goes through the elementals in the same order from what I saw. He does his big attacks the turn after he's weak to holy/uses gravity.

8 elemental -> magic ulti (weak to phys) -> 8 elemental -> physical ulti (weak to mag)
    Repeat

And according to the wiki, he has a 20% chance of using bioga every 4th turn.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I really like that CoD has retained her usefulness as a support. I love her design and it would be a shame if she lost usefulness.

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

He always goes through the elementals in the same order from what I saw. He does his big attacks the turn after he's weak to holy/uses gravity.

8 elemental -> magic ulti (weak to phys) -> 8 elemental -> physical ulti (weak to mag)
    Repeat

And according to the wiki, he has a 20% chance of using bioga every 4th turn.

He used Gravity on turn 4 last time.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Like, at all

What's your team?

TGCid with ~580 ATK
    P. Cecil
    Refia

if you were around to get the void vessel recipe, you can craft 5 of them and kill him in 1 chain, if you can survive long enough

Yeah, I've got void vessels.

The trick will be to keep at least 5 people alive and get the RNG to work with me.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I wasn't super paying attention, but I know the elemental turns in the order from the wiki weren't matching up with what I was seeing.

• Options
    I wasn't super paying attention, but I know the elemental turns in the order from the wiki weren't matching up with what I was seeing.

I'm pretty sure the 8 elemental weakness cycles are random in their order.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I beat him with double Trueshot cheesing. Not sure if I care about the robe or elemental protection.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Got him in one go (on the second try). First try just didn't work out, but I was mostly just curious. Second try, I brought along Garnet, and didn't pay too much attention to his thresholds or ultimates. I had brought along a friend Marie which definitely helped.

Since I wasn't paying too much attention, he almost got me a couple times, but I was happy that I could use Garnet! Had her up around 4100 HP too.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Lid, you're my favourite.

Characters
  • Options
    Ma3 is about priorities.

• Options
    On my third Kefka attempt, he did Banish on the second turn and I had five dudes left alive.

And then I realized I hadn't put the Vessels in one of my item slots.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    On my third Kefka attempt, he did Banish on the second turn and I had five dudes left alive.

rip

• Options

If your friend unit is Marie then you're probably fine. Her buff really carries the shit out of the fight.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Kind of wish I had a friend Marie. I'll give it a try tonight, right now I was going to try Rydia, PCecil/DC, TGCid non-elemental, Ling, and Cod. I'll try and find a friend Noctis, Olive, or TGCid without elements to bring along to help get the esper/LB gauge up.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    So on JP server on May 1st they are changing the 5* base draw rate from 1% to 3%:

【 Base Draw Rates until now 】
    ★5 Base Draw Rate:1%
    ★4 Base Draw Rate:19%
    ★3 Base Draw Rate:80%
    ↓↓↓
    【 Base Draw Rates on May 1st 17:00 JST 】
    ★5 Base Draw Rate:3%
    ★4 Base Draw Rate:19%
    ★3 Base Draw Rate:78%

Wonder if they are losing whales over there

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Speaking of equipping shields, this latest story update has brought with us a new Vault that seems to start off with some decent equipment. Enticing Aurora Key Rewards to look for currently:

Equip Light Shield Materia
    Dragon Shield (Light Shield, +38 DEF, +30% Fire/Ice/Lightning Resistance)

Guess it's our regular reminder to keep your Vault progress current.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    that ones easy. just pull 20 charlottes. < (Yes... i have).

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    I keep telling myself that I'll get around to farming up TMRs for my tanks/healers/supports but then I get caught up in trying to deck out the new hotness DPS I just pulled.

#firstworldproblems

• Options
    I finished an Arsha's Talisman for Cecil a while back. I was so proud I farmed a not-damage TMR.

Characters
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I finished Champion's Belt last night so that's pretty good. I am close to another DW and Gilgamesh's TMR is at about 40%.

• Options
    I have the resources to easily make two dualcast (6 Ludmilles waiting), a couple Arsha Talismans (like, 5 Elle?), I can make three Soluna Rings...

This discussion has been closed.