As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AVG is acting up

BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
Everytime I try to get AVG to run, an error message pops up saying:

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not work properly. The relocation occured because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll occupied an address range reserved for Windows system DLLs The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL

Anyone know what this means or how to fix it?

Cheers.

steam_sig.png
BigDes on

• Options
    JacobyJacoby OHHHHH IT’S A SNAKE Creature - SnakeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This sounds vaguely familiar... If this is the error I remember, there should be the name of a system file in the title bar of the window. Can you let me know what that is, if it is there after all?

Jacoby on
    GameCenter: ROldford
    Switch: nin.codes/roldford
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Mine runs fine, but doesn't update properly.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Jacoby wrote: »
    This sounds vaguely familiar... If this is the error I remember, there should be the name of a system file in the title bar of the window. Can you let me know what that is, if it is there after all?

It says

avgcc.exe-Illegal system dll relocation.

Thing is I've been on the microsoft site for the official fix and it doesn't seem to work.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    In the spirit of AVG problems... I get an error message saying "MFC71.DLL not found, try reinstalling." I tried reinstalling and the error message didn't go away.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • Options
    Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Solution:
    Don't use AVG

www.avira.com

Recoil42 on