Options

Good co-op PS2 or GC games?

Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
Looking for something to rent tonight, what're some good co-op games for either the PS2 or GameCube? My roommate and I already exhausted Streets of Rage and Tecmo Bowl on the Wii virtual console, we need something else. I remember playing through and liking Baldur's Gate (Dark Alliance?) - is the second one good, or anything else like that? I think I'm thinking of that game because I've also been on a Diablo 2 kick and it was kind of similiar, so maybe something else along those lines?

Or anything co-op, really doesn't matter - I just can't think of anything off the top of my head.

Kid Presentable on

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    alien hominid
    Timesplitters 2 (I've not played FP, but have heard good things about it)
    X-men Legends 1/2 are OK.
    Ikarugu
    Rebel Strike

LewieP on
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    If you liked Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, try Champions of Norrath. It's pretty much the same game with different settings. A blast to co-op.

Captain K on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Captain K wrote: »
    If you liked Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, try Champions of Norrath. It's pretty much the same game with different settings. A blast to co-op.

Seconded! I just picked this up recently and have been playing through co-op with a friend. It's good hack and slash fun.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ohhh yeah, I played through Champions of Norrath with a different friend. I remember liking it about just as much as Dark Alliance, although I also remember laughing at how bad the story cutscenes and stuff were. Isn't there a sequel to Champions of Norrath also?

I just realized as I'm typing this that I'm perfectly capable of looking up these sort of things on my own. Reccomendations still appreciated though, keep 'em coming.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rebel Strike has probably the best coop I've ever played.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Ohhh yeah, I played through Champions of Norrath with a different friend. I remember liking it about just as much as Dark Alliance, although I also remember laughing at how bad the story cutscenes and stuff were. Isn't there a sequel to Champions of Norrath also?.
    Yeah, Champions: Return to Arms. I just love how blatantly "this is how nerds imagine women" the evil side's mentor is.

Glal on
  • Options
    DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Lego Star Wars II.

This might sound strange.....

Odama. I played through with my bro, taking turns of commanding the troops with the mic and controlling the Odama. It was really awesome. Flank and destroy.

DaveTheWave on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArcticMonkeyArcticMonkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy had a co-op mode where one player controlled the legs and the camera and the other controlled the weapon and psychic powers.

This made for some wonderful chaos where watching my two friends play one guy was almost more fun then playing myself.

ArcticMonkey on
    "You read it! You can't unread it!"
    venstre.giflobotDanceMiddle.gifhoyre.gif
  • Options
    citriccitric Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    PS2. Dynasty Warriors 5. The Win.

citric on
    No, we need no more tires.
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    Timesplitters 2 (I've not played FP, but have heard good things about it)

I'll second that and Timesplitters FP.

Also, Mario Kart: Double Dash

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    smallmouthsmallmouth Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy had a co-op mode where one player controlled the legs and the camera and the other controlled the weapon and psychic powers.

This made for some wonderful chaos where watching my two friends play one guy was almost more fun then playing myself.

Psi-Ops is one of my favorite coop experiences. It takes two people controlling him to realize just how powerful the character is.

smallmouth on
    PSN: smh17; Wii code: 0022 6537 1791 3136, Zune: smh17