Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Rogue quest is about as fun to play against as Freeze mage. At least it's over one way or another by turn 7.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »
    Rogue quest is about as fun to play against as Freeze mage. At least it's over one way or another by turn 7.

Until they prep-> coin and thus prevent themselves from playing the reward that turn.

Lol.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »
    This video is painful, he has lethal without drawing Deckhand.

yeah eviscerate plus hero power right?

4 5/5s, 5/5 Patches from the Swashburgler, and Eviscerate + Dagger.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Seeing how hype the dude was i don't think he was bm-ing.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    2x alleycat
    2x jeweled macaw
    1x timber wolf
    2x crackling razormaw
    2x golakka crawler
    2x kindly grandmother
    2x scavenging hyena
    2x animal companion
    1x deadly shot
    1x eaglehorn bow
    2x kill command
    2x rat pack
    2x unleash
    2x houndmaster
    1x infested wolf
    2x tundra rhino
    2x highmane

Another thank you for this list @Beasteh . It was the last push I needed to break the 15 barrier (was stuck hovering around 16). Last win to get there was against a quest rogue who actually​played their quest on turn 4 but faced an insanely huge board and conceeded after playing his quest.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Had a hilarious ladder game vs quest warrior with my value paladin. He had sulfuras for a long time, and I played 3 Tirions over the course of the game. It ended when I got Eye for an Eye from hydrologist and left it up. We were both close to fatigue and I had one minion. His fireball hit my face, we both died, stars stayed the same. Huh. Never had a tie in ranked before.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    2x alleycat
    2x jeweled macaw
    1x timber wolf
    2x crackling razormaw
    2x golakka crawler
    2x kindly grandmother
    2x scavenging hyena
    2x animal companion
    1x deadly shot
    1x eaglehorn bow
    2x kill command
    2x rat pack
    2x unleash
    2x houndmaster
    1x infested wolf
    2x tundra rhino
    2x highmane

Another thank you for this list Beasteh . It was the last push I needed to break the 15 barrier (was stuck hovering around 16). Last win to get there was against a quest rogue who actually​played their quest on turn 4 but faced an insanely huge board and conceeded after playing his quest.

How does a typical match with this deck go? I had to leave out Grandmother and Rat pack, and skipped one of the crawlers because I'm not seeing many pirates.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Brody wrote: »
    2x alleycat
    2x jeweled macaw
    1x timber wolf
    2x crackling razormaw
    2x golakka crawler
    2x kindly grandmother
    2x scavenging hyena
    2x animal companion
    1x deadly shot
    1x eaglehorn bow
    2x kill command
    2x rat pack
    2x unleash
    2x houndmaster
    1x infested wolf
    2x tundra rhino
    2x highmane

Another thank you for this list Beasteh . It was the last push I needed to break the 15 barrier (was stuck hovering around 16). Last win to get there was against a quest rogue who actually​played their quest on turn 4 but faced an insanely huge board and conceeded after playing his quest.

How does a typical match with this deck go? I had to leave out Grandmother and Rat pack, and skipped one of the crawlers because I'm not seeing many pirates.

In general or vs Quest Rogue?

In general it's a very fast, aggressive Midrange deck that curves out extremely well. If your opponent can't deal with your aggression, you just win. If you can get like, Turn 1 Alleycat into Turn 2 Hyena and pump it, you can sometimes just win on the spot. Hyenas are SUPER good now.

Vs Quest Rogue it's a free win. I've never seen a match so free in my life. All of Quest Rogue's minions suck so you generally just ignore them, build your board, and jam everything face. Kill their bounce minions (just because a 3/2 and a 2/3 can threaten your board) but ignore their 1/1s and stuff.

Strangely I have seen zero Warriors while playing Midrange Hunter? So I can't really comment on that matchup. I guess I'll still leave Golakkas in, just in case I do. But they're also good vs Rogues, so why not.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Got my first ungoro legendary from a pack. Elise niiiice

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I've hit Rank 11 for the first time. I am both thrilled and terrified as I reach for the safety of Rank 10.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Starting to see the aggressive decks surging at the lower ranks again. I guess with the meta report people are now "sure" that pirate warrior is still good. That's fine.

Time warp giant mage is mid tier as expected, but I enjoy playing it. The problem is that against a warrior, it's hard to know how to mulligan. I can assume it's pirate warrior, ditch the quest and look for all my defensive options. But if it's taunt warrior, which is still fairly popular, I'm completely screwed.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    "we'll probably hit legend today" -day9, who finished streaming ~six hours later a rank lower than he started
    zoned out listening to shitty vaporwave

i just played cards on curve and hit face and it kept winning me games until i hit legend so vOv

both of these are me playing hearthstone

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Two things that have been driving me nuts lately:

1: people taking forever to play out a on-curve turn. Like it shouldn't take you 70 seconds and roping to dagger/pass on turn 2. It's been happening a lot more lately than late expansion. Like say what you will about agro but they generally at least play quickly

2: deciding to try a new deck type and seemingly only getting hard counters/bad matchups for the first 3-5 test games. I realize that this is confirmation basis out the ass, but it sucks to want to try hemet burn mage just to run into 3 Argo hunters and a taunt warrior running shield blocks

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

There are so many good Priest decks right now.

I love them all.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    2x alleycat
    2x jeweled macaw
    1x timber wolf
    2x crackling razormaw
    2x golakka crawler
    2x kindly grandmother
    2x scavenging hyena
    2x animal companion
    1x deadly shot
    1x eaglehorn bow
    2x kill command
    2x rat pack
    2x unleash
    2x houndmaster
    1x infested wolf
    2x tundra rhino
    2x highmane

In general or vs Quest Rogue?

In general it's a very fast, aggressive Midrange deck that curves out extremely well. If your opponent can't deal with your aggression, you just win. If you can get like, Turn 1 Alleycat into Turn 2 Hyena and pump it, you can sometimes just win on the spot. Hyenas are SUPER good now.

Vs Quest Rogue it's a free win. I've never seen a match so free in my life. All of Quest Rogue's minions suck so you generally just ignore them, build your board, and jam everything face. Kill their bounce minions (just because a 3/2 and a 2/3 can threaten your board) but ignore their 1/1s and stuff.

Strangely I have seen zero Warriors while playing Midrange Hunter? So I can't really comment on that matchup. I guess I'll still leave Golakkas in, just in case I do. But they're also good vs Rogues, so why not.

Yeah, I've played variations on this deck and all have done decently well. I still play golakkas just cuz I still run into quest rogues with swashburglars and what not in.

My last two matches were a quest rogue (Won by T6) and a Innerfire Priest. The priest one I thought I was gonna lose as on T1 he played a fire fly that I kept avoiding and he kept putting power shields on. By end of T7 he had played a radiant ele and talonpriest so the fire fly was at 9/9 after a lesser heal and inner fire. Left me on 13 hp. I cleared and set him to 12 hp but he had a blazecaller followup so cleared my Rhino. My t9 was playing highmane + jeweled macaw which netted me a addled grizzly (Lucky!). His t9 was divine spirit+inner fire on the blaze, making it 12/12, pained the macaw and left me at 1 hp.

My t10 I have tundra and addled, and draw a macaw. Play out addled->tundra->macaw which gave me 12 lethal on board. Very fun match!

Also, I just hit rank 13-1. I apparently am playing better than I give myself credit for. >_>

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    i keep messing up with silences in priest. but I'm also getting stuck in situations where I need to make one of the fatties a taunt blocker to survive then I draw a silence and forget that silence removes the buffs too.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    i just saw a quest rogue with bilefin tidehunter, they've evolved! we're dead!

Lucedes on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    i just saw a quest rogue with fucking bilefin tidehunter, they've evolved! we're dead!

Yeah been using that from the list I found. Gross.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017

come on y'all bilefin has been standard in that deck since like day 3 of the expac :P

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular

come on y'all bilefin has been standard in that deck since like day 3 of the expac :P

yeah, bilefin was in my day 1 list - we were theorycrafting about it in here weeks ago.

when jade swarmers catch on though, that might change things up. bless that perplexed priest who was down to 4 and thought a dragonfire potion might solve his problems...

sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Managed to score a Unite the Murlocs from an Un'Goro pack thanks to @bwanie 's 80 gold quest this evening.

And thus I managed to figure out I had enough dust to craft all remaining cards that I perceived as remotely playable (to me anyway, since I don't intend to be dicking around with Rogue that much, outside of quest bullshit, I didn't bother with the Assassinate on a Stalk cards).

T6g4D4B.jpg

I also went back and crafted the second Dirty Rat.

Now to start saving gold/dust for the next expac.

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Literally zero dust.

Wow.

And yeah, the Bilefins have been in my Rogue build. Saved my ass more than a few times.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Ugh I do not like quest rogue with those elementals. Soooo easy to get 4 of the same minion. They don't even have to use a bounce at all! Shadowstep is gravy. I just played one who got both of his 2/3 elementals early. They each spawned 2 1/2s, quest was done on turn 5, he has five 5/5s on board. Not even dirty rat or snipe could have stopped it.

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Managed to score a Unite the Murlocs from an Un'Goro pack thanks to @bwanie 's 80 gold quest this evening.

And thus I managed to figure out I had enough dust to craft all remaining cards that I perceived as remotely playable (to me anyway, since I don't intend to be dicking around with Rogue that much, outside of quest bullshit, I didn't bother with the Assassinate on a Stalk cards).

T6g4D4B.jpg

I also went back and crafted the second Dirty Rat.

Now to start saving gold/dust for the next expac.

Nice. I had enough after going thru and dusting down to 1 copy of a lot of things I didn't think I'd ever run two of in and got crafted Lyra, 2x primordial, elise, shadow vision. I only have one dirty rat and still don't think I'm gonna craft another one. I hvaen't played paladin enough to warrant Tarim yet.

Hopefully they assist you well in your future endeavors!

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    By golly, the gold version of this card looks freaky.
    http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/55500-crackling-razormaw

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Hah, you can now order a literal Tempo Storm salt shaker.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    this brawl is miserable.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I just played against a taunt warrior that never played the quest, what. And then I lost because both Brawls were in the top half of his deck Blizzard what are you doing to me

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    I just played against a taunt warrior that never played the quest, what. And then I lost because both Brawls were in the top half of his deck Blizzard what are you doing to me

f2p btw

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

KAAAA-
    mehameha

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

KAAAA-
    mehameha

*pushes up glasses*

Actually, the electrical currents flying around clearly indicate a hadouken.

d0805ca91e235cfe1e13b4af3a8acbc9.jpg

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    eu legend ladder: infested with pirate warrior

they always start with n'zoth's first mate coin deckhand (because 4 damage on turn 1 is the epitome of fair)

they always have a heroic strike/fiery war axe for if you golakka their 1/1

they always have the perfect fucking curve right up until they heroic + mortal strike your skull the turn before you were going to stabilize

no i haven't just lost to five separate pirate warriors in the last five games why do you ask

hurl patches into the fucking sun

Beasteh on
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    Acheron wrote: »
    Ugh I do not like quest rogue with those elementals. Soooo easy to get 4 of the same minion. They don't even have to use a bounce at all! Shadowstep is gravy. I just played one who got both of his 2/3 elementals early. They each spawned 2 1/2s, quest was done on turn 5, he has five 5/5s on board. Not even dirty rat or snipe could have stopped it.

Against quest rogue, I generally don't worry about whether they finish the quest or not. My main goal is to try and make sure they have no board the turn they play the quest, and as a bonus try and have a decent board of my own at the same time. From there, when they finish the quest you can either go face and try to kill them before they stabilize or go for value trades and run them out of minions.

• Options
    Yeah push them below 15-ish health and keep their board clear once they have their quest at 3/4. Or if they have very few cards you can even wait until the turn where they complete it.

Won three games in a row against rogues who completed their quest on t4/5

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Inq wrote: »
    Acheron wrote: »

Against quest rogue, I generally don't worry about whether they finish the quest or not. My main goal is to try and make sure they have no board the turn they play the quest, and as a bonus try and have a decent board of my own at the same time. From there, when they finish the quest you can either go face and try to kill them before they stabilize or go for value trades and run them out of minions.

Preparation + Sprint = fuck youuuuuuuu!

• Options
    If they have sprint and prep on turn 4 they are probably not finishing their quest on t4/5

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    the horrible quest rogues are starting to adapt to aggressive counters by using cheap taunts. sneaky...

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Bilefin and shieldbearer are good at 5/5

Also the most horrifying quest rogue list I've seen so far uses coldlights, double mimic pod, double vanish with bouncers for a 30 damage otk ft. Boar/deckhand/patches

Beasteh on
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Just tried the Degenerate mage deck that was in a Kripp video that uses Hemet.

It....actually works. There's a learning curve to it, but I was able to brutalize several Quest Rogues and even a Priest who didn't realize what was happening until it was too late.

It worked very well against Quest Rogue since even if they get the quest done by turn 5, you've done enough face damage (probably) to freeze and burn him down before you die....and it's not like they run heals.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    I'm trying out the new hunter aggro deck and it does work. Though, pretty much dead in the water to aggro-midrange shaman.