As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

double white face{sbfp}

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaOo2XD-thQ
    So huh arson is more triggering than I thought it'd be.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Badmouthing starfruit? Get outta here.

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azqf9CrSANU

I bought Implosion because of this video and I am not ashamed. This game looks cool as Hell

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azqf9CrSANU

I bought Implosion because of this video and I am not ashamed. This game looks cool as Hell

you could hear woolie's erection growing

• Options
    I bought it based on Woolie's description in the podcast.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    honestly the video made the game seem more boring the longer it went on, so much filler

Its a mobile port, right?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Podcast is live, Woolie is sporting some new gear that makes him look stupendously fly.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Man Pat harping on about how FFXII is Star Wars in his streams is really grating on me. Vaan is Luke Skywalker despite the death of his parents not being any Darth Vader type stuff, him living in a major city instead of on a farm, actively disliking the empire right from the start, and so far there's no Obi-Wan teaching him about the force. There's a rank?/title?/position? in the imperial government that is held by several people, and because they wear black armor and are intimidating they're somehow all Darth Vader because Darth Vader is the only character who's ever been scary and worn black armor.
    I enjoyed the first two streams because they were more Pat realizing that he actually really liked FFXII, but this third one he won't shut up about the star wars thing.

cB557 on
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    I mean insofar as everyone has been cribbing off the heroes journey since time immemorial--

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i never beat 12 but the beginning is pretty fucking star wars

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Man Pat harping on about how FFXII is Star Wars in his streams is really grating on me. Vaan is Luke Skywalker despite the death of his parents not being any Darth Vader type stuff, him living in a major city instead of on a farm, actively disliking the empire right from the start, and so far there's no Obi-Wan teaching him about the force. There's a rank?/title?/position? in the imperial government that is held by several people, and because they wear black armor and are intimidating they're somehow all Darth Vader because Darth Vader is the only character who's ever been scary and worn black armor.
    I enjoyed the first two streams because they were more Pat realizing that he actually really liked FFXII, but this third one he won't shut up about the star wars thing.

Don't worry about it. Pat's never been the best of the Best Friends when it comes to readings, and him going deeper than "it's Star Wars" would require somebody actually sitting down and arguing with him about it

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    What's killing it for me is how much grinding he's done off stream.

With Dark Souls he still had to do the fights reasonably well because of how that game is designed. but here he just instantly slaughters bosses and it's zero fun to watch.

• Options

Don't worry about it. Pat's never been the best of the Best Friends when it comes to readings, and him going deeper than "it's Star Wars" would require somebody actually sitting down and arguing with him about it

Wyborn, all you had to say was "Pat is wrong."

Hell, it's a mantra.

"Pat is wrong...
    Pat is wrong...
    Pat is wrong..."

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I don't like that meme! Pat's right plenty of times and he often has more well-formed opinions about many games than you would think, but FF12's narrative is one of his blind spots

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ...Also I think I found Plague on Splatoon, somehow

DFi0gOoVYAANqY6.jpg:large

That... looks like his art, right?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

that's the requirement for him getting louder

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Yep, that's Plague. Here he is randomly hanging out with Star.
    0brhddw7rjbz.png

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    How on earth did you run into both of them?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I didn't, someone on their subreddit did. Found both pieces of art on their respective Twitters to confirm, too.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    I mean insofar as everyone has been cribbing off the heroes journey since time immemorial--

it's absolutely a retelling of the hidden fortress, which is what a new hope was largely based on

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Today in The Walking Dead season 3: Telltale SUPER LIES about what your choices mean you're about to do. "Tell him off." My ass.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    at this point telltale has had way more misses than hits and it;s becoming increasingly blatant

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I hope Wolf Among Us S2 is good

But i am not as optimistic about that as i wish i was

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I hope Wolf Among Us S2 is good

But i am not as optimistic about that as i wish i was

The first Wolf game and Tales From the Borderlands are my top 2 TT games. Both games (TFtB if/when they ever get to it) sequels get a free pass in my book.

Long as Wolf S2 keeps the same vibe and Bigby getting played like the good sheriff or the big bad wolf unchained I can go for a new story. Not to mention...
    Bloody Mary was such a cool villain I'm surprised the book didn't use her

Now if the sequels have a sharp hit to the sequel decay then a Third season of either will be on the maybe or deep discount list.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    I like watching other people play telltale games because I have no interest in playing them at all. Like, that style of gameplay is monumentally unappealing to me personally.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »

it's absolutely a retelling of the hidden fortress, which is what a new hope was largely based on

also the introduction cinematic super strongly reminds me of star wars episode 1 in its visuals, especially the parade and landing ships.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Sam & Max seasons 1&3, Strong Bad, Borderlands, TWD Season One, Wolf Among Us Season 1, Poker Night
    All of those, to me, were awesome. I'm sold on whatever telltale makes basically.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Sam & Max season 4 please

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Monkey.
    Island.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Was the Telltale Monkey Island game any good?

• Options
    I thought so. Had some good jokes and puzzles, and I thought the presentation and art style were well-done.

It wasn't without flaws, of course. Some jokes and puzzles fell flat, as tends to be the case, and the item-combination interface was needlessly complicated. But I think it's overall a good entry in the series.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    This Cat Lady game is not what I was expecting it to be, but it's a great watch.
    I really feel for Pat wanting to reset after accidentally murdering that guy.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Sometimes you gotta shake the tree to see what funkos fall out

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    I thought so. Had some good jokes and puzzles, and I thought the presentation and art style were well-done.

It wasn't without flaws, of course. Some jokes and puzzles fell flat, as tends to be the case, and the item-combination interface was needlessly complicated. But I think it's overall a good entry in the series.

Yeah it's alright. Terrible performance problems though. (Surprise, surprise.)

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    There's a really good bit in the Monkey Island episodes, I think it was episode 1, where you have to teach Lechuck how to
    use the old verbal interface to solve a puzzle. Like, you have to guide him through "Use Item On Other Item"

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Oh God the LA Noire playthrough has shifted over into being painful. We are watching Woolie's brain come to a slow, lumbering stop

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Oh God the LA Noire playthrough has shifted over into being painful. We are watching Woolie's brain come to a slow, lumbering stop

thinking

and puzzles

and thinking

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Suspicious Guy: Where's your proof that I punched that horse?!
    Woolie: *reviews evidence list, which is garbage, garbage, a photo of Suspicious Guy punching a horse, garbage* Hmm, well, it's gotta be the garbage, right
    *wrong answer jingle into infinity*

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    fortunately, the children can survive on snake meat

This discussion has been closed.