Options

[NFL] Elite Is A State Of Mind

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That would be the perfect Cleveland pick.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Cleveland needs a QB more than anything

ironically

they've dug this hole

Xehalus on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Trubisky is literally the perfect first round bust name.

Gonna look great on the back of that sadness jersey.

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    vpSNPp2.png

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll remember to draft Joe Webb in BP this year

• Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    It's actually kind of mind boggling they have just straight up gotten in lucky and found a QB at some point. Top of the draft QBs are about 50/50 to be a decent or above starter; picking as many as Cleveland has in the first round and getting nothing is a statistically rare even if you're just taking the top QBs in a mock and flipping quarters.

• Options
    I'm sure some of the QBs they've drafted could have been okay. Bad coaching, bad personnel management, bad personnel in general...not a recipe for success

• Options
    Speaking of the draft, I'm hearing Watson to the Jets and I'm hating all of that.

The Jets are where QB's go to die.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    ESPN is trying to make fetch happen

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Trubisky to the Browns makes perfect sense if they think he's going to be a franchise QB. A great pass rusher is maybe the 2nd most valued thing a team can have, but QB will always be #1. If the Browns think he's the guy, they gotta pick him. If he busts and Garrett is a monster, they're still the Browns. But if they pick Garrett and Trubisky is a franchise QB and they're still awful in a couple years with no QB, they'd look just as stupid.

Truth is nobody knows who will and won't bust. QBs are even more of a crapshoot than anything.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Cleveland has actually been in their own Bad Predictions league this whole time.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    Trubisky to the Browns makes perfect sense if they think he's going to be a franchise QB. A great pass rusher is maybe the 2nd most valued thing a team can have, but QB will always be #1. If the Browns think he's the guy, they gotta pick him. If he busts and Garrett is a monster, they're still the Browns. But if they pick Garrett and Trubisky is a franchise QB and they're still awful in a couple years with no QB, they'd look just as stupid.

Truth is nobody knows who will and won't bust. QBs are even more of a crapshoot than anything.

But don't they also have the 12th pick too? Take the stud pass rusher at 1 and then pick up your QB later in the first round since he will probably still be available. Or trade up from 12 if you get nervous that someone will steal your franchise QB that only started 13 games during college.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes. Cleveland has the assets to trade back up to 5 and get Trubisky ahead of the Jets.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I don't think Trubisky will be there at 12.

Someone will hit the panic butting and jump into the top five to grab him. (Buffalo)

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I don't think the jets have any reason to draft a quarterback since this season is an impending disaster anyway and they picked up a journeyman to go with their two rookies who probably aren't any good but might as well see them play, but they are the jets

• Options

Here's the thing. We already have a best case example of this.

Cam Newton and Von Miller.

And last time I checked, Trubisky ain't no Cam, and Von still literally destroyed Cam Newton to win the Superb Owl.

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Browns should take Garrett and sign Kaepernick.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Or start Osweiler and see what happens.

They go 0-16?

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I will surrender my seat at the Bad Predictions table. Think I'm gonna skip out on fantasy this year

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Hey, Jaguars?

Please don't fuck this up.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I don't think Osweiler will ever be any good.

Kaepernick is okay, and can be pretty damn fun to watch.

• Options
    Bad Predictions might be the only league I do.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    PA BAD PREDICTIONS 2017
    CHOOSE YOUR CHAMPION
    Please click the renew button in the e-mail or let me know if you can't do it

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

They go 0-16?

Well obviously, then they spend that no. 1 pick on a quarterback. #BrownsMoneyball

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Gonna draft Jake Butt

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »

But don't they also have the 12th pick too? Take the stud pass rusher at 1 and then pick up your QB later in the first round since he will probably still be available. Or trade up from 12 if you get nervous that someone will steal your franchise QB that only started 13 games during college.

Trubisky isn't making it to 12. Guaranteed the Browns are already trying to work out deals to trade back into the top 5 from 12 to use their 2nd pick on Trubisky, but if nobody is willing to make a deal they like, then they have to decide if they think Trubisky is their guy.

• Options

Here's the thing. We already have a best case example of this.

Cam Newton and Von Miller.

And last time I checked, Trubisky ain't no Cam, and Von still literally destroyed Cam Newton to win the Superb Owl.

Nobody knows if Trubisky will be as good or better than Cam, not that Newton is a particularly high bar.

The better point would be how Miller watched the playoffs from home last year because his team didn't have a QB.

QB > pass rusher all day every day.

The question is not if a QB is more valuable than a pass rusher, that is a fact. The question is whether or not Trubisky is a franchise QB, and nobody will know the answer to that for years.

• Options
    JAKE BUTT JAKE BUTT JAKE BUTT

• Options
    @Peen PM me anything you need put in the OP

• Options
    I think I renewed. Says my team is active anyway.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    he could have watched it with cam since having a QB doesn't get you into the playoffs either

• Options
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

They go 0-16?

Soooo same as starting Kap

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    I don't think Osweiler will ever be any good.

Kaepernick is okay, and can be pretty damn fun to watch.

As long as you don't ask him to throw the ball....or really play QB even.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    WHOO, Bad Predictions League!! :o

Thanks, @Peen!

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
This discussion has been closed.