As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm 2.0] I am one with the Drafter, and the Drafter is with me.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So first win of the day bonus doesn't kick in right away? I was confused that I didn't have it this morning. Just booted up and it's there now... k? :P

It works like a lot of timers in Blizzard games. WoW is, or at least was, full of stuff like this.

It comes back 20 hours after you complete it. So if you play every day, it'll pop up at the same time every day. The extra 4 hours is so you aren't constantly getting the time pushed back a few minutes at a time.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Hmm, how does Lucio compare to Li Li and Brightwing as a support?

i quite like Brightwing AND Tracer and Lucio seems like kind of a combo of both?

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Guitar Hero doesn't matter, it was a bad talent even when he had the attackspeed to support it. Prog Rock outperforms it all the time always.

My understanding of the math is that Guitar Hero significantly outperforms Prog Rog until you finish the quest for the latter. And, short of getting a ridiculous amount of globes, it outperforms Prog Rog if you only care about E.T.C.'s self-healing.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hmm, how does Lucio compare to Li Li and Brightwing as a support?

i quite like Brightwing AND Tracer and Lucio seems like kind of a combo of both?

Yeah he's got that same kinda playstyle, right. Like passive healing, more of a focus on positioning and hitting your buttons for other stuff. Definitely much more like BW than Li Li, but yeah.

You're always always moving around, getting in position for those spicy boops, and strategically swapping Tracks. And getting mad aggressive with your positioning if you took Reverse Amp.

One thing to note is that his Healing is only really a factor during Amp It Up. The Regen is nice, it really is, but it's not something that will save your teammates from dying on its own. The passive regen is just for healing up in lane outside of combat or healing up poke, Amp It Up is your "oh shit" button.

Also don't forget to make use of the Movespeed, it is highly highly valuable. Sometimes even more than the regen.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I should buy Lucio tonight or wait for 2.0 to drop.

• Options
    SupagoatSupagoat Registered User regular
    How about li li? I was in a game with her and it went well. I need to try her out again since I like the blinds build

bnet: Supagoat#1884
    Switch: 6589-6405-3399
  • Options
    Supagoat wrote: »
    How about li li? I was in a game with her and it went well. I need to try her out again since I like the blinds build

i liked the build where you could do a double-dragon that shoots bouncing projectiles.

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Yeah, first game bonus has a dumb setup. It's a set 20 hours. It really should kick in when new the daily quest is handed out, assuming one still has room to get another quest.

Edit: 21stCentury, I'd hold off on buying anything until 2.0 drops. You should have a decent number of crates, so there is a non-zero change that you could get Lucio from a crate and you might want the gold to reroll crates that end up being crap. Don't know if you would want to go with the mega bundle that gets you Lucio, but even if you don't, your crates might give you enough gems to buy Lucio, in the event that you don't have enough gold after rerolling crates.

Mill on
  • Options
    Mill wrote: »
    Yeah, first game bonus has a dumb setup. It's a set 20 hours. It really should kick in when new the daily quest is handed out, assuming one still has room to get another quest.

Edit: 21stCentury, I'd hold off on buying anything until 2.0 drops. You should have a decent number of crates, so there is a non-zero change that you could get Lucio from a crate and you might want the gold to reroll crates that end up being crap. Don't know if you would want to go with the mega bundle that gets you Lucio, but even if you don't, your crates might give you enough gems to buy Lucio, in the event that you don't have enough gold after rerolling crates.

Where was it confirmed heroes could be drops? I might've missed that?

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Lucio is ludicrously broken in any of the ARAM brawls.

Just hilariously so.

He heals constantly at no mana cost and in general is just super mana efficient and when everyone is in one lane you get maximum efficiency on your healing at like all times.

I had a 2 support/3 assassin ARAM game last night. We were Lucio/Uther against Auriel/Li-Li. I outhealed both their healers combined.

shryke on
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular

Where was it confirmed heroes could be drops? I might've missed that?

You can get heroes from crates, 100%

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Supagoat wrote: »

Li Li is legitimately top tier right now. Not even joking.

Her recent buffs pushed her WAY the fuck up there and she's now one of the best Heroes in the game.

People have jokingly been calling Li Li a bruiser now but like, there's a small amount of truth to that, hah.

It's time to go on ALL the adventures, friend. All the adventures.

Edit: Also yes, Blind build with Water Draggy is the new hotness now. Gale Force, Mass Vortex, The Good Stuff OR Lightning Serpent, Surging Winds, Two For One OR Serpent Sidekick.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

Yeah that's what I thought it was, which was why I was confused. I usually play after work so I guess my time was set late, but I wanted to play this morning and was confused at the lack of first win bonus. I actually thought maybe I had played a game after midnight or something and got it last night

It really makes no sense to do it the way they do.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Dibby wrote: »
    Guitar Hero doesn't matter, it was a bad talent even when he had the attackspeed to support it. Prog Rock outperforms it all the time always.

My understanding of the math is that Guitar Hero significantly outperforms Prog Rog until you finish the quest for the latter. And, short of getting a ridiculous amount of globes, it outperforms Prog Rog if you only care about E.T.C.'s self-healing.

I mean I guess? But Prog Rock is one of the easier (the easiest?) Globe quests to complete, only requiring 20. If I'm on a small map that's easily rotatable, I can finish that off around 10 minutes or so.

Moreover, Prog Rock has a benefit always. You can pop it and then back off and let it heal you back up. You have to be autoing people for Guitar Hero to gain value, and that's not always feasible. There's not always a target you can hit, or sometimes it's not safe to be autoing. And now that ETC no longer gains attackspeed from his trait, it has even less value.

That's largely why I like Prog Rock better. I mean the quest reward is also goddamn insane since it turns you into an off-support. But largely because you always get value from it, 100%.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah in general I'd agree that if you aren't taking Block Party, you are probably going to take Prog Rock over Guitar Hero. But that's not the same as saying that it's always better all the time. There are situations where you might want to take Guitar Hero over Prog Rock, especially if you have a lack of early game healing (see: Lucio) or if it is a map like BoE where you likely won't finish the quest until well after 10 minutes have gone by (i.e., for half the game you will have the talent with less value).

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    forty wrote: »

Quoting this so anyone else like me who only owns 11 characters due to only playing Brawls and against AI with the weekly characters can figure out the best bang for their buck (well, gems). In my case the Support bundle wins out, netting me 19 new characters.

Opty on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Yaaay. First level 10 hero after marathoning games yesterday.

You get spoiders. You get spoiders! YOU ALL GET SPOIDERS!

Also is there anything more satisfying then getting Arthas Frozen Wastes talent quest and then just getting right up in the middle of a big brawl? I submit that, no, there is not.

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Rebuttal:
    In the closing moments of a game I lost yesterday, when the last volley of cannonballs was set to finish off our core, the enemy Li-Ming and I had a minor spat where she threw everything at me and I (Falstad) barrel rolled away. I then threw out Hinterland Blast because why not? Missed Li-Ming as expected because teleport is good like that, but the enemy Valeera is suddenly dead somewhere in the fog of war. :P
    My team mates and I shared a good laugh in those last 3 seconds of game. <3

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I'll bet 100 gems the new hero reveal will be Hanzo.

If the dragons and the claw marks and the cherry blossoms are indeed clues, it's totally Hanzo.

(Am I late to the party on guess submissions? I'm totally late, aren't I?)

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    I expect to be disappointed, unless it's Stukov, who would be sweet. Anyone else that could match the clues seems dumb.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular

If the dragons and the claw marks and the cherry blossoms are indeed clues, it's totally Hanzo.

i saw people elsewhere guessing members of the black dragon family (onyxia, deathwing, nefarian, etc) because supposedly there were egg clutches in previous announcements? i thought it was determined those were infested terran eggs but i don't really remember. i recall there being similar teases before dehaka was announced.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I expect to be disappointed, unless it's Stukov, who would be sweet. Anyone else that could match the clues seems dumb.

I'd be happy with just about any dragon. Except Hanzo, who is just a metaphorical dragon or whatever. Onyxia, Deathwing, Alexstrasza, Kalecgos or whoever. I'd be fine with getting Hanzo afterwards though.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

I'd be happy with just about any dragon. Except Hanzo, who is just a metaphorical dragon or whatever. Onyxia, Deathwing, Alexstrasza, Kalecgos or whoever. I'd be fine with getting Hanzo afterwards though.

As long as they are dragon-y! Chromie is decidedly not dragon enough for me.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    I was guessing Hanzo just going off the little teaser on Twitter and then the Ouroboros like dragon symbol on the login screen (brother against brother).

I didn't realize there was more stuff revealed to suggest infested Terran or WoW dragons. Either would definitely be cool by me!

• Options
    I was guessing Hanzo just going off the little teaser on Twitter and then the Ouroboros like dragon symbol on the login screen (brother against brother).

I didn't realize there was more stuff revealed to suggest infested Terran or WoW dragons. Either would definitely be cool by me!

I mean the only real clue is claw marks. You could explain the rest based on they just announced a map on that Overwatch location. So people are guessing things with claws.

I don't know if I'd be excited by any dragons. Maybe Deathwing, if they actually made him cool. I dunno.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Hanzo would be so god damned boring I would fall asleep at my computer during the announcement.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

i saw people elsewhere guessing members of the black dragon family (onyxia, deathwing, nefarian, etc) because supposedly there were egg clutches in previous announcements? i thought it was determined those were infested terran eggs but i don't really remember. i recall there being similar teases before dehaka was announced.

Terokk was a prediction for Dehaka. Stukov has been a prediction for months, and yeah I remember the "infested eggs" thing from when Lucio was released (in that "big Lucio party!" video). Here's what is left over from the giant list of "leaks" where that guy correctly predicted like 7 heroes in a row (Zul'jin, Zarya, and Rag were on this list previously):

Shandris
    Valerian
    Varimathras
    Mengsk
    Maiev
    Imperius
    Gromm
    Garrosh
    Brann
    Baal
    Alleria
    Deckard Cain
    Rock'n'roll Racer
    Selendis
    Stukov
    Vashj
    Tosh
    Moira
    Belial
    Deathwing
    Ghom
    Cydaea
    Aidan

• Options
    Wait someone actually legit predicted Rock and Roll Racer as not a joke? That has been my go-to joke "it would be sweet but will never happen" predation for forever.

• Options
    I'm looking forward to 2.0. That Assassins bundle has a bunch of heroes I've been eyeing for some time now (Zeratul, Zul'jin, Valeera, Greymane, etc.), so it'll be nice to get them all for free. Technically I would get a bit more gold from the tank build, but ehhhh tanks.

Steam profile
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Wait someone actually legit predicted Rock and Roll Racer as not a joke? That has been my go-to joke "it would be sweet but will never happen" predation for forever.
    I'm sure it's been around as a viable prediction ever since TLV released and "Blizzard Classic" became a hero category.

forty on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I want a Rock and Roll Racing announcer so badly it hurts.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

What about Tomator?

Or Fang?

It'd be pretty funny if the next character was a dragon... Scorch.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Cleanse is a boring talent/ability.

Steam profile
  • Options
  • Options
    My new prediction for the hero release:

Hanzo & Deathwing

• Options

Hanzo & Deathwing

Two heroes? I don't want to be greedy, but fuck yes please!

Unless you are just making two separate predictions about which hero it could be...

• Options

Hanzo & Deathwing

Together, as one hero. Hanzo riding atop Deathwing like a mount, pew-pewing scattershot arrows as Deathwing breathes fire on their enemies.

Steam profile
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Thats silly, it would never work.

So you're hanzo from 1-10, then when you use your ultimate, instead of a dragon spirit you fire an arrow that transforms you into Deathwing. Its like Varian but obviously cooler.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Thats silly, it would never work.

So you're hanzo from 1-10, then when you use your ultimate, instead of a dragon spirit you fire an arrow that transforms you into Deathwing. Its like Varian but obviously cooler.

Hanzo-Deathwing-taur.

Deathwing from the waist down, Hanzo from the waist up.

Or maybe the reverse? Little Hanzo legs running around with a giant dragon attached?

Steam profile
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    honestly, "hanzo but his spirit dragon is deathwing" would be a cool direction to take hero design and there should be more mashup shit like that

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.