As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RMS still has Undertale Emotions [Chat]

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    I don't know much about security robots. What does the Knightscope do that wouldn't be accomplished by putting cameras on walls?

Rolls.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Also the Dalek jokes write themselves.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    have acquired chinese food (which was for the wife cause she had a shit day but I got me some chicken on a stick) and she's going to go downstairs and eat and get on super dog couch and play Mass Effect and I'm going to stay up here and work on my packing list for the trip and chat with you fools and maybe find a scurry movie

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    I ain't even gonna lie, I had some roller grill garbage for lunch because I only got a 20 minute one today anyway.

only

okay maybe I work in a grueling profession

maybe I'm the baddies

Well.

I work in a profession that despite my best efforts, catastrophic things occur. Also, people ignore very common, readily available advice and then just can't believe what's happening to them.

I would imagine you may have a slight idea what that's like, Mika. :bro:

For real tho, you do amazing work and it's something I'm way too weak or squeamish to ever be able to do.

yeah there's probably a lot of thematic overlap there

it's just weird thing, no matter where I've worked, ER and ICU nurses just don't take breaks for anything other than the bathroom

Is like, hunger even a thing during a shift?

Feels like it could be one of those deals where you're just going, and when you stop at the end of the shift it hits like a freight train.

yeah, you get to work around 6:30 am, and after about 7 hours of running around it's been close to 18 hours since your last meal, so yeah, hunger sneaks up on you

The cheat code is just down more coffee.

as spool can tell you, this isn't going to happen

Wh-what's the mysterious story about coffee.

Also I need your insider information on the best way to tease/wind up a paeds nurse, don't worry this information will only be used for good.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Somebody give me a million dollars to make a video game instead of this job I'm doing. I swear I'm good for it.

Jeez, I was just about to wire Chu the 4 million he asked for, earlier today, and now this. I can't give you both what you want.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    have acquired chinese food (which was for the wife cause she had a shit day but I got me some chicken on a stick) and she's going to go downstairs and eat and get on super dog couch and play Mass Effect and I'm going to stay up here and work on my packing list for the trip and chat with you fools and maybe find a scurry movie

Dude, what are you doing for the eclipse? I think I may have asked before but I feel like it's a really glossed over totally fucking bitchin' thing we're going to get to experience.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    A scary movie for AH, "Eating healthy and you."

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Somebody give me a million dollars to make a video game instead of this job I'm doing. I swear I'm good for it.

Jeez, I was just about to wire Chu the 4 million he asked for, earlier today, and now this. I can't give you both what you want.

YOU WILL NOT BE BULLYING ME, BIRD-MAN.

I HAVE CRACKED YOUR ENCRYPTED MESSAGE.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Okay, but only if it is a turn-based space 4X with a fully 3D galaxy map and no starlanes.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Casual

the real answer is usually: constant snacking

Bring the patient two packs of the little digestive cookies, only leave one

I, the patient, nod knowingly

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Last night Belasco downloaded a new Sudoku game and two levels into it she realized there was a story mode. And it was the only mode.

I realize this because she said, out loud, what the hell? If I wanted a story mode for Sudoku I would just go play Andromeda.

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

Dude, what are you doing for the eclipse? I think I may have asked before but I feel like it's a really glossed over totally fucking bitchin' thing we're going to get to experience.

The one in August? I dunno, prolly just gonna go sit in the back up my truck and watch it. May take the afternoon off.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Last night Belasco downloaded a new Sudoku game and two levels into it she realized there was a story mode. And it was the only mode.

I realize this because she said, out loud, what the hell? If I wanted a story mode for Sudoku I would just go play Andromeda.

I totally thought the punchline of this was going to be

"and then Belasco realized that she downloaded Mass Effect"

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular

I don't know why you don't know that definition of hector. I'm pretty sure its a SAT word.

• Options
    Feral wrote: »

Okay, but only if it is a turn-based space 4X with a fully 3D galaxy map and no starlanes.

each technology in the tech tree should have its own pithy quote narrated by a decent voice actor

• Options

The one in August? I dunno, prolly just gonna go sit in the back up my truck and watch it. May take the afternoon off.

I was gonna get a little sleeper cabin up here until I realized it took me away from the dead center of the eclipse.

So, basically, I'm going to do the same thing... but with a car.

• Options

I don't know why you don't know that definition of hector. I'm pretty sure its a SAT word.

Dude.

I haven't taken the SAT's in 20 years.

Gimmie a break here.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

No it's an MMO. With elves and stuff. But the Skybox will have galaxies!

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular

man if the 4 mil is for information about whether the dude was hard I'm on the goddamn case

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options

with Minecraft/Conan/Ark/EQ-Next style crafting?

• Options
    WHAT

WHY

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAoCOXBE0yY

THIS DOES NOT NEED TO EXIST

IT DID NOT NEED TO EXIST THE FIRST TIME

IT DEFINITELY DOES NOT NEED TO EXIST THE SECOND TIME

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

when I was a grunt game tester on Age of Mythology the guy sitting next to me was testing Asherons Call 2

your post there is already a stronger design doc than they had

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    like anyone's going to be fooled by gul dukat as a bajoran

maybe in a dimly lit room and he doesn't speak

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I admit i was real mad at Andromeda when, halfway through exploring some cool ruins the game turned into goddam sudoku

I literally shouted out loud "No, I do not want to play sudoku!" and my wife, who hadn't been paying attention thought this was another symptom of my diet-coke fueled dementia

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    oh hungeeez

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Arch wrote: »
    I admit i was real mad at Andromeda when, halfway through exploring some cool ruins the game turned into goddam sudoku

I literally shouted out loud "No, I do not want to play sudoku!" and my wife, who hadn't been paying attention thought this was another symptom of my diet-coke fueled dementia

plot twist: arch doesn't have a wife and his marriage has been entirely a hallucination of his diet-coke fueled dementia

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I think its hilarious that Night Trap gets a 25th anniversary edition.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

plot twist: arch doesn't have a wife and his marriage has been entirely a hallucination of his diet-coke fueled dementia

double plot twist: it turns out the one with dementia is arch's wife and arch was just a figment of her imagination all along

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I've said it before and I'll say it again

Snipers are a shit class that make the game fun for one person and way less fun for everyone else

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    i love sniping

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    WHAT

WHY

WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAoCOXBE0yY

THIS DOES NOT NEED TO EXIST

IT DID NOT NEED TO EXIST THE FIRST TIME

IT DEFINITELY DOES NOT NEED TO EXIST THE SECOND TIME

man if people can smear enough vaseline onto their nostalgia goggles to make the n64 seem appealing then FMV games don't exactly need thicker lenses...

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    I think its hilarious that Night Trap gets a 25th anniversary edition.

maybe we'll get "lucky" and they'll release Sewer Shark

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

*eyes narrow*

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    A
    Quid wrote: »

Snipers are a shit class that make the game fun for one person and way less fun for everyone else

Builder classes are far more unfun and non-interactive imo

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options

@Arch

Omg

This is literally the same complaint I had

Could

Could we not hate each other?

Also did you know that aeronautics experts can't explain how bees fly and we swallow seven pounds of spiders every year?

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular

at this point man, i wouldn't be surprised

• Options
    I'll totally get the night trap relaunch

• Options

at this point man, i wouldn't be surprised

plot twist: this entire time, arch is actually a butterfly, dreaming he is a man

• Options
    A
    Quid wrote: »

Builder classes are far more unfun and non-interactive imo

I think they can be okay. Not ideal but acceptable. The instant "fuck you" both to their own team and the opposition that snipers generate irritates me greatly.

This discussion has been closed.