As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You can ride a motorbike in the new [ZELDA] - DLC PACK 2 PAGE 36

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if Stalnoxes are included in the final Hinox tally? They get a health bar and everything so I figure they do...

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    C-yIt7OXcAA4wdm.jpg:large

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    wait they had different VO for french french, canadian french, spanish spanish and latin american spanish?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    What's the source on that, @AtomicTofu ?

There's a whole lotta news that just hit on DLC pack 1 http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/ but that info isn't there

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    That is some quality dlc

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    wait they had different VO for french french, canadian french, spanish spanish and latin american spanish?

Lots of differences in culture and dialect

It's more surprising they don't have a British English version

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    SilverWind wrote: »

There's a whole lotta news that just hit on DLC pack 1 http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/ but that info isn't there

I'm unsure if I'm terribly interested in that hard mode but that note about chests and enemies in the sky is intriguing

Otherwise that all looks like pretty amazing stuff

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular

I know Business Insider had that part about VO languages

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Just confirmed that the download (on Switch) now lets me change the voices to other languages while keeping the text your system default. That should make a bunch of people happy!

I am super curious about how my pathing was like in BOTW and I haven't wracked up 200 hours in game, so I guess I can watch the whole thing? :D

SilverWind on
    signature.png
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I have difficulty expressing how excited I am to run around cosplaying as Spirit Tracks Zelda with a permanently empowered Master Sword

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Just confirmed that the download (on Switch) now lets me change the voices to other languages while keeping the text your system default. That should make a bunch of people happy!

I am super curious about how my pathing was like in BOTW and I haven't wracked up 200 hours in game, so I guess I can watch the whole thing? :D

Sadly you probably won't be able to watch what you've done prior to the DLC's release

EDIT: Or at least I'd be very surprised if you could

Care Free Bomb on
    8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    Yes. Yes I am glad I bought the expansion pass

• Options
    edited May 2017

Sadly you probably won't be able to watch what you've done prior to the DLC's release

I read it's retroactive

When I said Business Insider I meant Business Wire http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170501006467/en/

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • Options

I read it's retroactive

I'm very surprised

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    That Hard Mode is going to create some very interesting wrinkles running around on the Great Plateau. Black Bokoblins are strong for that point in the game, and you might end up breaking quite a few Plateau weapons in the course of killing them. Going to need to be creative, beat them silly with crates and stuff like that.

Enemies regaining health over time is a hell of a wrinkle, and not one I would have thought of. I wonder how fast it will be! This is going to be cool.

And the possibility of a tier above Silver enemies? Hell yeah!

And how will it affect bosses!

This is going to be fun.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    I wonder if you can apply hard mode to a completed file? Probably not.

Might warrant a second 140-hours-plus playthrough...

• Options
    http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-reveals-new-details-about-zelda-breath-of-the-wilds-first-dlc-pack-the-master-trials/

One interesting bit:
    In addition, floating planks held aloft by balloons will be scattered around Hyrule. By successfully reaching these planks, players can battle enemies and collect treasure.

Which means... yeah, that means Vah Medoh first, for me (Vah Medoh first in all future playthroughs regardless)

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    this lady gave me a quest that required buying fire arrows from her that rewarded way less than the fire arrows cost. I see your game, lady

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    this lady gave me a quest that required buying fire arrows from her that rewarded way less than the fire arrows cost. I see your game, lady

Kakariko?
    You can just use the bonfire to light your arrows :P

signature.png
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    it was fine because I chopped down a bunch of durian trees then cooked and sold them for what can best be described as a shit load of rupees. I need to find more wood cutter's axes

Jars on
  • Options
    jaredburtonjaredburton Registered User regular
    it was fine because I chopped down a bunch of durian trees then cooked and sold them for what can best be described as a shit load of rupees. I need to find more wood cutter's axes

Bombs make great axes.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

Bombs make great axes.

dis a gree

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    Bombs are good for chopping trees and breaking ore in a pinch but axes and hammers are way better for their jobs

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options

You can usually find them around stables! Or the double-headed axes, which are even better

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

And the possibility of a tier above Silver enemies? Hell yeah!
    Brilliant Dynamite Neon tier.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    God these memories.
    Where are you palm tree place! WHERE

• Options
    Bloods End wrote: »
    God these memories.
    Where are you palm tree place! WHERE

This one isn't that far off the beaten path if you head for the southeast. Don't know if you want anything more specific...

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    yo, this New Map Feature is sick
    Hero’s Path Mode: Exploring Hyrule is exciting, but with such a large world it’s sometimes hard for players to remember where they’ve been. To help with tracking progress, the new Hero’s Path Mode will document every step players take, and mark their path in green on the map. The route taken will be tracked for the player’s last 200 hours of play time, with an included slider to track footsteps on a timeline. This even works retroactively, so players that have already put many hours into the game will be able to see where they have traveled. This feature will help in identifying the locations they haven’t visited in this vast world, and may help players find those Shrines they haven’t encountered yet.

• Options
    I don't know if blowing up ore with bombs then diving off cliffs to chase down whatever comes out is the right way to mine, but it's my way

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    I hate the way they bundle this DLC. That map feature is sick and the new armor is cool but I actively don't want the rest of that stuff and I'm sure as hell not paying $20 for a minor feature and the possibility of less shitty stuff later.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That Travel Medallion only lets you create one fast travel point at a time, right
    Not just one forever and it's done?

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Oh that's the new map function, neat

I wish I could get the regenerating health without the level increasd and I love the armor and sky platforms

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    the fact that all these extremely disparate features are bundled and that's the only way to buy them is a bummer

I'd love that map feature but couldn't be less interested in hard mode

Why can't I just give them 2 dollars

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    That Travel Medallion only lets you create one fast travel point at a time, right
    Not just one forever and it's done?

Sure sounds like it can only store one location at a time but can be used over and over.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Hell, I'd pay extra for a mode that REMOVES all the high-level enemies from the game. That aspect of the DLC is the exact opposite of what I want.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Will it allow you to switch certain aspects on and off?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

The DLC or hardmode specifically?

I assume hardmode will be a difficulty setting you pick when starting a new file and the rest of the stuff will all just exist in the world all the time, as DLC does

I would be happy but surprised if the hardmode option let you select which aspects of it you wanted

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I never realized that the master sword could break in the castle when powered up. I used it all through and it never broke.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

I mean, you can just not play hard mode or do that awful combat challenge thing, but I'd be surprised if the thing about floating chests and enemies was toggleable.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I never realized that the master sword could break in the castle when powered up. I used it all through and it never broke.

When charged up it goes to like 200 hits but it will definitely break eventually even if you only use it while powered up

2x39jD4.jpg