As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Xbox accessories 20% off this week?

BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
I just came from Toys R Us in Canada, and I saw all their accessories for the 360 are 20% off, even live 12 month cards. Don't know what else to say, it could be just that one store, but it could be for all of them. Getting 2500 live points for $32 is awesome.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
Bartholamue on

• Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    gamestops buy 2 get a third free started today as well.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    ShinAkumaShinAkuma Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    This sale may very well be YMMV, TRU is doing an online only ad as a test, but it's not for the whole country, only the east and west coast markets. I have no idea whats in that ad though.

ShinAkuma on
  • Options
    Bouncing_SoulBouncing_Soul Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zephos wrote: »

360 only? New and or used?

Bouncing_Soul on
    Umlauf.gif
    Buy some useless stuff at my Cafepress site!
  • Options
    legionlegion North YorkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I plan on picking up a 12 month live gold subscription while they're on sale, but I'm not sure whether to just get the basic 12+1 month card or the 12 month kit (subscription card, headset, $20 off any 360 game, Joust and 200 MS points) for $10 more. Does anyone know how the '$20 off any 360 game' deal is handled? That'd make the kit more than worth the extra money, if there weren't too many restrictions on it.

legion on
  • Options
    ArugulaZArugulaZ Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think he said "twenty percent." Bit of a difference there, unless the game you're buying is $100.

ArugulaZ on
    JR

Same old site, great new look! Check out The Gameroom Blitz at:
    http://www.lakupo.com/grblitz
  • Options
    GdiguyGdiguy San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    legion wrote: »
    I plan on picking up a 12 month live gold subscription while they're on sale, but I'm not sure whether to just get the basic 12+1 month card or the 12 month kit (subscription card, headset, $20 off any 360 game, Joust and 200 MS points) for $10 more. Does anyone know how the '$20 off any 360 game' deal is handled? That'd make the kit more than worth the extra money, if there weren't too many restrictions on it.

Just an FWI, for most if not all of those kits that I've seen in stores, the $20 off any 360 game coupon expired in like June 2006

I was going to buy one when I looked at the small print on the box more carefully, without that deal if you have a headset already it's not really worth it

By the way, do the xbox live subscription cards sold during the time of the first xbox (ie, the really old ones that they have at blockbuster for huge discounts sometimes) still work for xblive now?

Gdiguy on
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zephos wrote: »

360 only? New and or used?

Used, all systems, accessories as well.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    legionlegion North YorkRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Gdiguy wrote: »
    By the way, do the xbox live subscription cards sold during the time of the first xbox (ie, the really old ones that they have at blockbuster for huge discounts sometimes) still work for xblive now?
    According to someone on another board I frequent, they've bought a few of the old live subscription cards for the original Xbox (from blockbuster, no less) and successfully applied them to their live accounts on the 360, so they should still work.

Oh, and thanks for the heads up about possible expiry dates on the $20 off coupons.

legion on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Does anybody happen to know the trade-in price for an original Xbox? I just don't play the thing anymore, and I could probably wait for Halo 2 PC to drop in price even if I DO want to play it again sometime.

Darlan on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Darlan wrote: »
    Does anybody happen to know the trade-in price for an original Xbox? I just don't play the thing anymore, and I could probably wait for Halo 2 PC to drop in price even if I DO want to play it again sometime.

Halo 2 PC requires Windows Vista for some retarded reason.

Just sayin'.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Just sayin'.
    Got it for free on account of my roommate taking a Computer Science course at my university (he got 2 keys, gave me one.)

Darlan on
  • Options
    DesertBoxDesertBox Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Just sayin'.

The reason is that MS wants your money

DesertBox on