Biofeedback, anyone?

LanthisLanthis Registered User
edited April 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Has anyone here had experience with biofeedback training? Was it effective for your particular condition?

I have heard that it can be somewhat successful for hyperhydrosis (excessive sweating). I'm about average weight, but my hands and feet are always clammy and I can't wear flipflops for too long or they begin to smell. The prescription drugs cost too much and are too much hassle. I used to always sweat excessively under my arms but it isn't as bad now that I'm more in shape (I used to be about 50 pounds heavier). I know that I've had hyperhydrosis since I was a child, because my hands would get irritated and peel semi-annually from being too moist. That hasn't happened in a while, perhaps because I am less stressed out and overall more healthy, but also perhaps because I am older.

At any rate, I was thinking of either training myself in biofeedback or finding someone to train me, if it may be effective. Comments? Experiences?

Lanthis on

• hambonehambone Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Have you ever been tested for diabetes?

hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • LanthisLanthis Registered User
    edited April 2007
    Not to my knowledge, although my dad and his father both had a late in life onset of type 2 diabetes. My aunt on my mother's side had a similar problem with her hands peeling when she was younger, although I'm not sure if she shows any signs of hyperhydrosis.

Lanthis on
  • MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Get tested for diabetes. You have the genetic potential for it at least.

MuddBudd on
    steam_sig.png