As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Do You Like The Cars

13»

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Sort Of
    the only good av undercover performances feature gwar

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Sort Of
    Dammit, every time I pass by this thread I start humming the songs.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Yes
    it's kinda weird to me that Just What I Needed and Let the Good Times Roll are by the same band

one is the most generic ass pop song there is and the other sounds like someone failing to play the guitar but for some reason i like it anyway

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I'm really thinking about buying this mk3 turbo supra on Craigslist for less than 2k. The targa top leaks, the interior looks shit, and it's in desperate need of a paint job. It's not so much money that I would regret beating it up until the engine or tranny or both die on me. It would be all I need to pursue an expensive engine swap and car rebuild though.

Damn. I should probably be more frugal or responsible than that. Maybe. I don't know.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Larlar
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I'm really thinking about buying this mk3 turbo supra on Craigslist for less than 2k. The targa top leaks, the interior looks shit, and it's in desperate need of a paint job. It's not so much money that I would regret beating it up until the engine or tranny or both die on me. It would be all I need to pursue an expensive engine swap and car rebuild though.

Damn. I should probably be more frugal or responsible than that. Maybe. I don't know.

Two grand for a Mk3 turbo? It must be flogged to shit - even in the US, a turbo auto in acceptavle condition costs ~$10k. You might get it for $2k, but by the time you've got it mechanically sorted you'll be ten grand in and the rest of the car will still be gross.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote: »

Two grand for a Mk3 turbo? It must be flogged to shit - even in the US, a turbo auto in acceptavle condition costs ~$10k. You might get it for $2k, but by the time you've got it mechanically sorted you'll be ten grand in and the rest of the car will still be gross.

Yeah I feel like the ad isn't being completely honest. I mean they say it had an engine rebuild 75k miles ago but that could be BS or who knows what kind of shit it's been through since. Here's the ad for it

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/6145204864.html

I've seen plenty of beater mk3s around here for relatively cheap but never a turbo with a manual and also the targa top for this low. Not that the last one is a positive. I think I'm still going to contact them to at least see what the deal is. If it's a bad deal I'll know after I drive it. Otherwise I may regret never trying heh.

58pwo4vxupcr.png