Options

also, i watch movies some

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    -Tal wrote: »
    do you think will smith will do a genie rap

if there is a just and loving god

Gettin' Djiggy Wit It

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    This'll be Tarantino's first nonfiction film right? Unless it's a fictional 'inspired by' version that just uses the concept.

Like The Sacrament. That Jonestown horror film.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular

So no then?

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    A rap version of "Friend Like Me"

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Will Smith as the Genie is actually horrifying. He doesn't match the style at all. The Genie is lively, flamboyant, and spontaneous. Will Smith lacks the panache to be the Genie.

Now Chris Tucker, that I could see. Genie channeling Ruby Rhod would be a sight.

Do you remember what will Smith was doing when the Fifth Element came out?

Men in Black

All I'm saying is wouldn't assume Chris Tucker's comedy has aged any better

Ruby Rhod is still a galactic sensation you take that back.

Also Will Smith in MiB is fine, the humor is just not suited to the Genie. I mean, he's stepping into the shoes of THE Genie: Robin Williams, and those are some damn big shoes.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Tarantino's making a film about the Manson murders
    I look forward to thinking it's a tour de force but, perhaps, missing some of the magic of his previous movies, and then getting into an argument with my brother who will be deeply offended by it and angry about how problematic Tarantino is, and then doing some soul searching about how problematic Tarantino is, and then watching the movie again on Netflix because it was good

wandering on
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    My name is genie and I'm here to say

You gotta use your final wish to set me fray

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Will Smith as the Genie is actually horrifying. He doesn't match the style at all. The Genie is lively, flamboyant, and spontaneous. Will Smith lacks the panache to be the Genie.

Now Chris Tucker, that I could see. Genie channeling Ruby Rhod would be a sight.

Men in Black

Also Will Smith in MiB is fine, the humor is just not suited to the Genie. I mean, he's stepping into the shoes of THE Genie: Robin Williams, and those are some damn big shoes.

Someone just post Ruby already.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »

So no then?

Don't be so quick to bet against AJ.

This has been the year he's gotten almost everything he has wanted.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Lasbrook wrote: »

So no then?

Don't be so quick to bet against AJ.

This has been the year he's gotten almost everything he has wanted.

It's okay, they're bound to actually make a Friday the 13th film again someday

"Another good one" is a bar we'll discuss it crossing after we get past that goal

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think trying to cast Genie to be as similar to Williams' performance is a mistake

He owned that role, made it iconic and anyone trying to do the same style of performance is gonna come off as just an imitation

They need to let someone try a different, but still fun and comedic, take on the character.

And why not Will Smith? Dude absolutely needs a high profile role that reminds people why they fell in love with him back in the 90s/early 00s

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I hope that live action genie likes producing and distributing memes

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    This'll be Tarantino's first nonfiction film right? Unless it's a fictional 'inspired by' version that just uses the concept.

Like The Sacrament. That Jonestown horror film.

The Sacrament is weirdly one of the most accurate Jonestown movies, despite not actually being a movie about Jonestown.

• Options
    sigh

XUKnfVo.jpg

• Options
    The 9/11 movie bridge has been crossed many times.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    FINALLY

Oh wait my brain got all tripped up over itself in its excitement and somehow read Charlie Sheen as Mark Wahlberg and I thought we were getting our Mark Wahlberg 9/11 movie

Still not bad though

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    look, quentin likes feet and saying the n-word, there's worse directors

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    sigh

XUKnfVo.jpg

I misread the tagline as "The world watched it. They loved it" and was like whoaaaa well at least that's a different take on the whole sitch

• Options
    The 9/11 movie bridge has been crossed many times.

Idk, this is the first major one with a 9/11 truther starring, at least I feel like that's new enough

• Options
    look, quentin likes feet and saying the n-word, there's worse directors

You ever.....you ever think he's said the n-word at some feet........

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

• Options
    sigh

Why sigh? It's an important historical event.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    fucked up that it comes out sep 8 instead of sep 11

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I think someone probably made a threatening phone call to Mr. Sheen to keep that movie from being released on Setpember 11

I think someone is afraid of the truth

Hobnail on

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    sigh

No name director starring a 9/11 truther.

It screams exploitation.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    sigh

Mainly
    9/11 truther starring

If you or others think 9/11 truther Charlie Sheen and comedian Whoopi Goldberg are going to make a completely tasteful completely accurate and also completely good movie about 9/11, that's fine. This is 1000000% a thing I don't trust at all and will never ever ever watch though, much like the Dinesh D'Souza films about Obama and Hillary

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    Now now, it might be an entirely earnest production, let us be generous and humble in our assumptions

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Other things happened on a 9/11 in history. Without the year in the title this movie could be about a bunch of different thing s

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    fucked up that it comes out sep 8 instead of sep 11
    Yeah but nobody releases movies on a Monday.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I'll be honest, I'd rather watch a half-baked and batshit "george bush did 9/11" movie than a standard hollywood overblown melodramatic and/or treacle tragedy rehash of that day

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    This is your reminder that Charlie Sheen kept having unprotected sex with unsuspecting partners after he knew he was HIV positive.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    I'll be honest, I'd rather watch a half-baked and batshit "george bush did 9/11" movie than a standard hollywood overblown melodramatic and/or treacle tragedy rehash of that day

Me also but I am a fan of bizarre horseshit

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    comedian Whoopi Goldberg

You mean Whoopi Goldberg, one of the few EGOT winners? Who won an Oscar for a dramatic role?

• Options
    All 9/11 films are bad.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Yeah, Transformers are pretty much the literal definition of critic

Men in Black

How? He doesn't have feet!

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    All 9/11 films are bad.

United 93 is very good, actually

• Options
    United 93 is the film that portrayed a real victim of the crash as cowardly. For no reason other than the fact he wasn't American.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think trying to cast Genie to be as similar to Williams' performance is a mistake

He owned that role, made it iconic and anyone trying to do the same style of performance is gonna come off as just an imitation

They need to let someone try a different, but still fun and comedic, take on the character.

And why not Will Smith? Dude absolutely needs a high profile role that reminds people why they fell in love with him back in the 90s/early 00s

You don't even need to wait that long.

I humbly present the Will Smith clip that sold me on Suicide Squad.

https://youtu.be/55VjFJj_SDA

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    United 93 is the film that portrayed a real victim of the crash as cowardly. For no reason other than the fact he wasn't American.

I didn't remember that bit well enough, so I looked it up and it seems that was a decision made by the actor, who says he didn't think he was portraying them as "cowardly" so much as "calm and reasonable".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/5042616.stm

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Hey, remember how Tom Holland and Jon Bernthal cut together their demo reels while auditioning for Spider-Man and Punisher?

We might be getting something along those lines.

https://youtu.be/MF95RoVojm0

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    This is your reminder that Charlie Sheen kept having unprotected sex with unsuspecting partners after he knew he was HIV positive.

Woooooow. I am behind on my celebrity news.

This discussion has been closed.