Options

[MechWarrior/BATTLETECH] THREAD DESIGNATED FOR DISASSEMBLY, SEE NEW THREAD

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Never fucking mind , laser ams tanks my heat rating in the mech lab to .67 . On a fucking gauss mech !

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I've never had an issue with a single laser AMS firing constantly, though I cant tell you how much it slowed down my cooling.

3x laser AMS will overwhelm my cooling on my Nova.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Two laser AMS will eventually overheat my Wolfhound which I think has only one DHS. Nevermind if I fire off my 4ML...

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    nonoffensivenonoffensive Registered User regular
    One Laser AMS is the same slots and weight as regular AMS and a ton of ammo. Aside from the risk of ammo explosion I don't know what disadvantage regular AMS has now that the rate of fire module is gone. I almost never run out of ammo in a quickplay match and any heat, no matter how insignificant, decreases your ability to do damage.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I ran twin LAMS on my Jester. I really liked it. Have the off switch ready though. You generally want it turned off if you're directly engaged and riding the redline with your own energy weapons, but the heat is generally a non-issue when you're in cover and providing an umbrella for teammates while waiting for your moment to personally push out of cover. Against a missile boat or two you can keep that umbrella up almost indefinitely. However against full spam teams with 24/7 bombardment, you'll eventually need to shut down the LAMS to cooldown.

I like them because for a relatively low investment you have the potential to shoot down a huge number of missiles when the enemy goes full spam. If the enemy doesn't run many missiles at all, then the downside of it generating heat is a non-issue. It's also fully solid state, so you're not lugging around a potential bomb in your mech. For multi-ams mechs that burn through AMS ammo like crazy, I really prefer just managing the heat. That said the Jester is a very heat efficient mech that is good at shedding heat.

Overall I vastly prefer LAMS to ballistic AMS because when it rains it pours, and the extra endurance of the LAMS really shines. If they're not using many missiles then the LAMs isn't really generating that much heat, even though you can argue that regular AMS with a small sum of hidden ammo outperforms it in the average match where missiles are only being lightly used.

Or maybe I just like running hot mechs. The last time I played my Jester was armed with quad snub-nose PPCs (Do not alpha strike under any circumstance).

The 3x AMS mechs probably want to run a mix of ballistic and LAMS. Some ballistic so that they don't melt from 3 LAMS firing and to give them full 3x AMS performance right out of the gate, and then the remainder as LAMS so that they can still fulfill their umbrella role after an extended period of time where a full ballistic AMS boat would have run dry.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    Oh I forgot to mention, I saw the MCmk2 walk animation the other day . It’s fucking awful you guys know that? Looks so weird.

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Oh I forgot to mention, I saw the MCmk2 walk animation the other day . It’s fucking awful you guys know that? Looks so weird.

The original one, or the revised one? I know they were working on a fix from its launch, since it stood too high on its haunches. Hadn't heard whether the fix was in yet.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    No idea! But current one is super weird looking.

• Options
    Unrelated to walk animations, in today's BATTLETECH video I plumb the depths of "bad" pilots.

Sadly, my friend and yours Showboat falls into that category. Even still, she and her compatriots manage to pull out a win.

https://youtu.be/bsulsS-DBCo

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Holy crap, I just realized the IS can make a KDK-3. I dunno why I didn't realize it earlier. Time to go dominate the leaderboards with this unstoppable engine of destruction. Its only 20kph slower and has barely any ammo. Its basically the same.

SLEIPNIR

KDK-3

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    Holy crap, I just realized the IS can make a KDK-3. I dunno why I didn't realize it earlier. Time to go dominate the leaderboards with this unstoppable engine of destruction. Its only 20kph slower and has barely any ammo. Its basically the same.

SLEIPNIR

KDK-3

BRB, tweeting Russ about this blatant example of powercreeped IS mechs. Quirks have gone too far.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options

SLEIPNIR

KDK-3

Hahahaha, now why didn't I see that earlier. I've always run it with just 4UAC5s instead. Hmm, now to go play with the UAC20/UAC5 build.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

SLEIPNIR

KDK-3

Fake news.

Use an Annihilator-2A instead. Same speed (as the Sleipnir), more ammo, more armor, and an internal heat sink.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Completely balanced.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Erlkönig wrote: »

SLEIPNIR

KDK-3

Fake news.

Use an Annihilator-2A instead. Same speed (as the Sleipnir), more ammo, more armor, and an internal heat sink.

But its got low hardpoints. Basically useless. /s

nonoffensive on
  • Options
    I played black knights at launch I can make toe mounted hard points work.

• Options

Just letting you know that shooting into the building or hill in front of you is not making it work.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Today's BATTLETECH video: The Jenner F variant.

Pretty sure, given stock options, you'd prefer the F over the D. At least I do.

https://youtu.be/8yD37pfgGFg

• Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Just letting you know that shooting into the building or hill in front of you is not making it work.

Hey , they had it coming !

• Options

Yep! What do they expect lining the streets and ground like that?

I remember watching in horror as some pilots would fire salvo after salvo into buildings, hills or mountains thinking they were hitting enemy mechs. Makes me wish they put in destroyable landscape and buildings. Of course then you'd probably find some Arctic Cheetah coring to the center of the planet to hide from the enemy team.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular

Yep! What do they expect lining the streets and ground like that?

I remember watching in horror as some pilots would fire salvo after salvo into buildings, hills or mountains thinking they were hitting enemy mechs. Makes me wish they put in destroyable landscape and buildings. Of course then you'd probably find some Arctic Cheetah coring to the center of the planet to hide from the enemy team.

Destructible terrain?

What is this? the far off mysterious future of 2001AD?

• Options
    There's a new City map coming soon, if Russ's Twitter is to be believed.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Black lanner was announced . No idea what that is though . I don’t play clans , because I’m not a bad person .

Edit
    Nips wrote: »
    There's a new City map coming soon, if Russ's Twitter is to be believed.

Why would you ever not believe Russ “ little details “ Bullock? Lol

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Kaboodles_The_AssassinKaboodles_The_Assassin Kill the meat. Save the metal.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    concept-black-lanner-special.png

Looks like an oversized Shadow Cat

Kaboodles_The_Assassin on
    sXXjb1B.png
  • Options
    Black lanner was announced . No idea what that is though . I don’t play clans , because I’m not a bad person.

A faster Stormcrow with ECM and MASC? Why not? Sounds good to me! Want 6 LMG? Time to buy the Hero version, no pay to win here...

Honestly, it probably wouldn't be all that impressive as a laser boat without the new Heavy Lasers, but it does have the 6 energy Lazerfist that we've all come to love. You can get 4 missile hardpoints, but give up some of the other good Omnipods. Overall, I give it an ALREADY_BANNED_FROM_SCOUTING_LOL out of 10.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Black lanner was announced . No idea what that is though . I don’t play clans , because I’m not a bad person.

A faster Stormcrow with ECM and MASC? Why not? Sounds good to me! Want 6 LMG? Time to buy the Hero version, no pay to win here...

Honestly, it probably wouldn't be all that impressive as a laser boat without the new Heavy Lasers, but it does have the 6 energy Lazerfist that we've all come to love. You can get 4 missile hardpoints, but give up some of the other good Omnipods. Overall, I give it an ALREADY_BANNED_FROM_SCOUTING_LOL out of 10.

I dunno, scouting W/L ratio have been skewing to IS lately.

A tonnage revision when this launches is possible.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Blacklanner.jpg?timestamp=20080107002347

So intimidating on the battlefield.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Mortious wrote: »

I dunno, scouting W/L ratio have been skewing to IS lately.

A tonnage revision when this launches is possible.

Because Clans don't give a shit about scouting. Scouting doesn't matter. They can dominate the 12 man queue, consistently taking planets, even with the bonuses stacked against them. The last challenge featured an 80% Clan win rate. The only Clanners dropping in the Scouting queue don't know any better. If you are a serious unit, why even bother when you could be stacking planets for free MC?

The Hunchback IIC is easily the best medium in the game at the moment. Its one weakness is top speed. Nova is still super competitive in scouting, even with a lower engine rating. The Ice Ferret is criminally underrated and even has ECM now. Clans have the tools to win, even without 55 ton mechs.

• Options
    Looks like a fat baby chick .

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Have to give credit where it's due. The MW:O art team has proven remarkably proficient at polishing turds.

• Options
    concept-black-lanner-special.pngLooks like an oversized Shadow Cat
    Mortious wrote: »
    Blacklanner.jpg?timestamp=20080107002347

So intimidating on the battlefield.
    see317 wrote: »

Have to give credit where it's due. The MW:O art team has proven remarkably proficient at polishing turds.

So... PGI are legs men.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    RE: Black Lanner

Holy SHIT does that art make it look like it stands tall. Waaaaaaay too tall.

40_foxbatfalconkappablacklanner04.jpg66_wackjfgbl.jpg

This is how it should look. A little bit more chunky, a lot more squat. The "calves" on PGI's art are about 50% too long, just for starters. Maybe it'll look better once it's out of it's T-pose.

Nips on
  • Options
    That looks like what the mwo linebacker looks like.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    That looks like what the mwo linebacker looks like.

The thing is, the TT Linebacker is one of those fun Nova-styled 'Mechs that doesn't have any hips.

40_foxbatwolfalphalinebacker01.jpg

PGI had, rightly, reworked it to make any goddamn sense as a walking, bipedal tank. I also think they made that one too tall, though, and in the process beefed up the "shoulders" maybe a smidge too much.
    ----
    Speaking of reworks, today's BATTLETECH video sees me embark on a quest to rework many of the bad canonical 'mech design decisions we've been handed in the roster, while preserving the spirit or operational intent of the canon 'Mech. In today's salvo, I take on the Kintaro KTO-18.

https://youtu.be/DseDgsywDcI

Nips on
  • Options
    So since it is Thursday, anybody up for an Oosik night? Either MWO or BT.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

I 99% sure I'm out tonight (tomorrow is my 10th anniversary), but I think next week until the holidays I'll be freed up to be back online a bit more.

• Options

I 99% sure I'm out tonight (tomorrow is my 10th anniversary), but I think next week until the holidays I'll be freed up to be back online a bit more.

Figured you were still unpacking so wouldn't have time anyways.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Figured you were still unpacking so wouldn't have time anyways.

Hah! It hasn't stopped me immediately setting up my PC and recording silly BT videos. A man cannot live on unpacking alone, or something like that.

This discussion has been closed.