As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Recovering saved games after laptop repair.

Hello folks,

My Google skills have failed me here, so I thought I would bring this to you guys.

I have recently had to send my laptop away as my SSD decided it had endured enough over time. Since it's come back I've spent a good chunk of time re-installing everything I need and trying to get myself back to where I was about a week ago.

My problem lies with Steam and Origin. I have re-installed both of these and have pointed them at the correct hard drives, so they do recognise that I have game data already installed and so don't need to download them again. However, while they recognise that the games THEMSELVES are installed, they don't seem to be able to find my saved games, which I know are effectively in the same place.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

Steam: TheBrayster
PSN: TheBrayster_92

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Hello folks,

My Google skills have failed me here, so I thought I would bring this to you guys.

I have recently had to send my laptop away as my SSD decided it had endured enough over time. Since it's come back I've spent a good chunk of time re-installing everything I need and trying to get myself back to where I was about a week ago.

My problem lies with Steam and Origin. I have re-installed both of these and have pointed them at the correct hard drives, so they do recognise that I have game data already installed and so don't need to download them again. However, while they recognise that the games THEMSELVES are installed, they don't seem to be able to find my saved games, which I know are effectively in the same place.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

A lot of games like to stuff the saves/configuration data in varying parts of your user directory, was that stuff properly backed up/restored?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it sounds like you have a separate data drive, but all your saved games would have been saved in your user folder which lies on the C: drive. Anything that was on the steam cloud saving should be ok, but if they weren't then you may be out of luck.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Yeah, it sounds like you have a separate data drive, but all your saved games would have been saved in your user folder which lies on the C: drive. Anything that was on the steam cloud saving should be ok, but if they weren't then you may be out of luck.

was going to say, both Steam and Origin have cloud save features. do you know if this was on on your system before the crash? do you have it turned on now?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562