• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Do you think thanos... likes being humiliated

It...

is canon he doesn't want to win...

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Do you think thanos... likes being humiliated

Thanos is into findom

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    There are so many Funko Pops that are either from an R rated property and drenched or splattered in blood, there's no way that's a factor

So many goddamned Funko Pops....

But the figure isn't based on the Logan version of Laura. It's based on the comic book version, which is very different.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    There are so many Funko Pops that are either from an R rated property and drenched or splattered in blood, there's no way that's a factor

But the figure isn't based on the Logan version of Laura. It's based on the comic book version, which is very different.
    Who is named Wolverine when wearing that costume, not X-23

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Who is named Wolverine when wearing that costume, not X-23

And my point is that the popularity of Logan will not cause more people to know that Laura is Wolverine. Only people who are reading her comics now will know that she's Wolverine. People who saw Logan will only know her as Laura. We have no idea if she's going to become Wolverine in the movies. For all we know, they might use her original superhero name "Talon."

• Options
    I really don't understand your argument

Funko Pops are a fan product

They are making them for folks that already like the thing, so Wolverine Laura is for folks that already like her so it should be appropriately titled

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I was responding to the claim that Laura is widely recognized as Wolverine because of the popularity of Logan.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    To get real weird today, have had a teen rooming with us for a bit, today he knew who Laura Kinney was, as both X-23 and Wolverine.

Day before, had to be explained who Deadpool was.

my life is upside down.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    You mean the guy that's a ripoff of Slade Wilson/Deathstroke?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    It's gonna be a pic of a grumpy thanos

Sitting down.

It's going to turn out that Thanos spent too long in a boyband and can now only stand up for a key change

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    You mean the guy that's a ripoff of Slade Wilson/Deathstroke?

No no, he means the that guy that Spider-Man is currently ripping off.
    This is seriously a complaint I have heard from people who have seen the movie and it triggers my nerd rage something fierce.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I genuinely think that Iron Fist should be a top tier superhero

He's well above street level power and has been for years, he's incredibly trained, his role as an Immortal Weapon makes him a legit mystical defender of Earth etc

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Assuming these are true:
    Justin Jordan is writing Moon Knight, intended to be a standalone mature readers standout ala Vision or Omega Men
    Yay! Really like Justin Jordan, even if I found Team 7 terribly disappointing (mostly because he was talking about that series before on another forum and said all the right things in that. Then again DC editorial during early New52 was insane, so I can blame them.
    Al Ewing is on Spirits of Vengeance, intended to be an "Annihilation" esque moment for Marvel's horror/magic corner.
    Intrigued. Will have to see more to decide whether to get it, but a Magic/horror Annihilation has been in the talks for years. Hope it'll work out better than Mystic Arcana (which I actually quite enjoyed, but were some single bits stappled together).
    G. Willow Wilson is taking over Captain Marvel
    Cool, sticking with Captain Marvel for now.
    They are bringing back the Ultimate branding for their teen heroes. Miles' book becomes Ultimate Spider-Man, X-Men Blue Ultimate X-Men, Riri Williams Ultimate Iron Man, Champions to Ultimates, etc. Amy Reeder will be taking over Ultimates.
    I like Amy Reeder a lot and she definitely is better suited to a teenager title than Mark Waid. Will miss Ewing's Ultimates though.
    Runaways is a stealth limited series.
    Meh... honestly you'd need a lot to get me back into Runaways after the original series ended. Liked the series a lot, but it worked for me as a wrapped-up series.
    Slott is off ASM but will still be writing Peter in a side book, Spencer on ASM.
    Wasn't reading Spider-Man before, won't be reading it now.
    X-Men Gold to become Uncanny X-Men, OML and Laura to combine books as Wolverine.
    Not caring about the first, kinda apprehensive about the second, but I understood Tom Taylor is still on it? I've faith in Taylor.
    Squirrel Girl wrapping up and transitioning to a New Warriors launch with Ryan North staying on.
    Don't know if "New Warriors" is a title name that fits with the target audience for Squirrel Girl.
    Royals and Secret Warriors will combine into a single Inhumans title by Rosenberg.
    Still meh on everything Inhumans.

So overall, cautiously optimistic?

edit: me no tag good.

Dizzy D on
    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, some of that stuff does soubd like it could be good. We'll see, I guess

• Options

Well

Rick Remender doesn't seem to have bitter feelings over his time with Marvel

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    No one put a gun to his head to write for Marvel.

Also, his Captain America and Uncanny Avengers were completely disconnected from any other books at the time.

I wish I could say I was surprised by the attitude.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Yeah Remender doesn't have much room to complain there.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what the problem is here? Dude made a joke at the expense of things he disliked about a former job. Who hasn't done that?

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I'm not really sure why you're reaction to this would be "Well he should have known he would hate it"

Dude's allowed to vent

• Options
    Yeah I was just saying dude seems to have not enjoyed his time there

Shits perfectly valid and seemingly an attitude a lot of folks who have since gone creator owned share

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    He's complainimg about something everyone else at his job had to deal with. He didn't.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    He's complainimg about something everyone else at his job had to deal with. He didn't.
    Yeah he probably did

Dude was writing books starring major characters like Thor and Wolverine who were in like 5 other books at any given time and wrote a huge crossover event involving pretty much all the characters

Also you're throwing out definitive statements about what his work requirements were while at Marvel and unless you were an editor you don't know that at all

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    spider-man: it's good

• Options
    Yeah he probably did

Dude was writing books starring major characters like Thor and Wolverine who were in like 5 other books at any given time and wrote a huge crossover event involving pretty much all the characters

Also you're throwing out definitive statements about what his work requirements were while at Marvel and unless you were an editor you don't know that at all

He had a few crossover issues to deal with, but by and large his content was self contained.

Now if he had to always fight tooth and nail to keep his work self contained, that's different but he didn't say that.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Yeah he probably did

He had a few crossover issues to deal with, but by and large his content was self contained.

Now if he had to always fight tooth and nail to keep his work self contained, that's different but he didn't say that.
    Having characters that star in their own books as well as are on other team books is, by nature, interconnected storytelling.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah he probably did

Having characters that star in their own books as well as are on other team books is, by nature, interconnected storytelling.

But he had to know that before he took the job.

Was he expecting something different?

• Options
    Yeah he probably did

He clearly had to deal with it because he is complaining about it. Why would he be lying about this?

Why is everyone assuming he would lie about this?

Why is everybody leaping to defend marvel about a situation we have no real experience in?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah he probably did

He clearly had to deal with it because he is complaining about it. Why would he be lying about this?

Why is everybody leaping to defend marvel about a situation we have no real experience in?

Good thing I didn't defend Marvel

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    "he had a few crossover issues" is literally the only thing he said in the tweet.

i'm legit surprised that people are siding with the corporation here

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Like, just because an issue doesn't say AGE OF ULTRON on the cover or whatever doesn't mean he didn't have to deal with the fact that Wolverine was in like 3 other books at the time, same with Cap, and Thor and Rogue were in 2. And that's just Uncanny Avengers.

We have no idea how editorial pressured, or did not, him about the interconnectedness of the characters and given that he seems to super resent it, as have other now Image creators in the past, I'm gonna hazard a guess that it's pretty stressful

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    "he had a few crossover issues" is literally the only thing he said in the tweet.

i'm legit surprised that people are siding with the corporation here

Point out where I sided with Marvel.

I'm saying, if you willingly work for Marvel you're working for a giant corporation. Did he think he'd be exempt from their rules, shitty they may be?

• Options
    Yeah he probably did

But he had to know that before he took the job.

Was he expecting something different?
    I don't even get what your argument is here dude

He is saying he did not enjoy his time working at Marvel and that it was a nightmare trying to juggle all of the balls in the air at any given moment

It being "part of the job" doesn't change that he hated it

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Yeah he probably did

It sure sounds like you are.

At the very least when someone conplains about something and you tell them that they "should have just known better" you are implying they dont have a right to complain.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    saying "of course it would be bad!" is tacitly agreeing that it needs to/should be

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Yeah he probably did

It sure sounds like you are.

At the very least when someone conplains about something and you tell them that they "should have just known better" you are implying they dont have a right to complain.

He can complain all he wants, it just rubs me the wrong way. Maybe he legit thought he'd have had more freedom but how could he not know what he was getting into.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    that's a pretty shitty attitude to have!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    saying "of course it would be bad!" is tacitly agreeing that it needs to/should be

I won't even say if it was good or bad in my view, I've never written for Marvel.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Fuck it

I'd rather not be banned from another thread

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Good to know nobody is allowed to complain about their work conditions.

Thanks for clearing that up for me comic-book thread.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Sometimes people work jobs they know are going to be shitty because they need money

Doesn't make the job suck less

This discussion has been closed.