As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bad Advertising [Chat]

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    The worst is when you order biscuits and gravy and the gravy is near water consistency.

Send it back.

When they ask why, you tell them because it isn't gravy.

Gravy should not be watery.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I saw the actor Paul Sorvino give a talk once and he was very insistent that people who cook with extra virgin olive oil are doing it wrong because it gets bitter when it's cooked, and that you only cook with regular olive oil and only use extra virgin for dressings and marinades

No idea if that's true or not but I've tried to avoid cooking with extra virgin ever since

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Alazull wrote: »
    The worst is when you order biscuits and gravy and the gravy is near water consistency.

Send it back.

Well it is like 2 weeks too late now. I just make my own anyway.

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I saw the actor Paul Sorvino give a talk once and he was very insistent that people who cook with extra virgin olive oil are doing it wrong because it gets bitter when it's cooked, and that you only cook with regular olive oil and only use extra virgin for dressings and marinades

No idea if that's true or not but I've tried to avoid cooking with extra virgin ever since

I am inclined to believe that this is true

I caught an episode of America's Test Kitchen and they advised the same

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Virgin olive oil is fine if you want to toss some salad but if you really want to turn up the heat you need olive oil with experience

Nmg6sDYl.jpg

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Wow, God of War 4 looks a like a total tonal shift towards seriousness but also looks like it's pulling it off? I'll buy it.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Man these firecrackers people are popping off are really fucking with my head.

It's just constant SNAP POW POP BANG

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Send it back.

Most places that sell biscuits and gravy seem to give you this soupy grey shit with little tiny specks of sausage in it

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Game number 4 and I made it to top 3. I can see why this game is addicting.
    1g2wbr0kkowy.jpg

• Options

Send it back.

Most places that sell biscuits and gravy seem to give you this soupy grey shit with little tiny specks of sausage in it

I cheat and use the prepackaged Jimmy Dean's sausage crumbles

• Options
    America Test Kitchen's article on extra virgin olive oil link thing, because now I'm thinking about it and I want to know more

what a happy day it is
  • Options
    Man these firecrackers people are popping off are really fucking with my head.

It's just constant SNAP POW POP BANG

jroom I am starting to think you are a canine of some sort.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Most maple syrup in the US is fake and artificial flavor also

Most refined sugar in the us comes from beets rather than sugarcane

The us kind of sucks in this regard

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Yeah it's alcohol time

• Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    1g2wbr0kkowy.jpg

Yeah, I don't think I'd be good enough to play. But I love watching Beags and Jam play. And Soviet Womble, but that's more clown car four car pile up funny than effective play.

• Options
    I'm sorry the fireworks are bothering you jungleroomx

If I was president I would ban all fireworks without a license

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    Is there anything more cringe-worthy than people.

Posts like this on Internet forums

But Vanguard, the real cringe is me, not the post.

Nah, you're fine. Don't overthink it.

I will show you cringe, Vanguarg!

I will show you such sights.

Yer trying too hard

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    Rchanen wrote: »
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    1g2wbr0kkowy.jpg

Yeah, I don't think I'd be good enough to play. But I love watching Beags and Jam play. And Soviet Womble, but that's more clown car four car pile up funny than effective play.

I've been mostly successful by being cautious, bounding to cover, a lot of observation and listening, and the few times I've had someone run up on me quickly I used cover better. I was #3 in that last game because I hit the wrong key on my keyboard in a hurry and switched to my unloaded pistol instead of switching over the shoulder view while another player and I fought around a tree.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    That this forum is incapable and/or uninterested in serious discussions of cultural appropriation, I respectfully ask that people not make jokes about it.

Pot, kettle

Also, no

If you want an honest response, you're someone I have engaged on this topic multiple times and this has consistently been your response.

At this point I feel you're incapable of engaging in good faith with the topic.

Firstly, what has been my response? My response in this case is extremely context specific. I'm not sure we've ever had the meta discussion about the relative aptitudes of the forums in general, or more likely, me in particular born of a throwaway remixing of chat bugbears

When honestly engaged with you resort to personal attacks and obvious displays of anger in only a few exchanges. You are the victim of the difficulties of introspection friendo.

If you are complaining that I don't take the issue of cultural appropriation seriously then that is rather assuming what you seek to prove.

Your response has been to say "no" or disengage, which hardly counts as substantive. This isn't an attack, this is stating the facts.

The last time there was a substantive discussion of cultural appropriation was underway was the time of SKFM, I've been looking back to the last time you interacted with me about this. Fundamentally the difficulty is that the chat thread is mostly full of nonsense (and anything said is as likely to be shitposting as anything else) and you and I occupy almost opposite timezones so we briefly interact on the topic and then I have to work, or sleep or whatever and you've taken issue with that in the past. It is bad form to necro chat arguments so that's something that we're just going to have to deal with until a dedicated thread pops up.

If you're complaining that in general, in the chat thread, my response to assertion is simply counter assertion, then that is simply the way things go. Assertions absent argument are appropriately responded to with assertions.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    If they thought they could get away with it candy makers in the USA would absolutely substitute carob for chocolate and not tell anyone

knitdan on
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    Is there anything more cringe-worthy than people.

Posts like this on Internet forums

But Vanguard, the real cringe is me, not the post.

Nah, you're fine. Don't overthink it.

I will show you cringe, Vanguarg!

I will show you such sights.

Yer trying too hard

I tried once and it was awful

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Is it at least labeled as such? We get Mapel Flavoured Syrup here, as well as actual Mapel Syrup, and the ingredients are clearly listed.

Sometimes they like to throw a Gluten Free label on things that can't conceivably contain gluten.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Is carob cheaper for companies than cocoa?

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    I'm sorry the fireworks are bothering you jungleroomx

If I was president I would ban all fireworks without a license

Appreciate it.

This is kind of a new thing, I think.

Or I may just have never noticed before because I've never heard them fired off in an urban environment where I can't see them.

Either way, beer is here and beer makes me cheer.

• Options

Send it back.

As long as the gravy is thick and near chili consistency, don't matter!

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Beast you should come to the inland northwest and I'll set up a race for you through the woods

It'll be called the You're Not From Around Here Are You Boy Ultra Marathon

how far inland @knitdan....spokane? no i am not from there, i am from the less shit side of the mountains
    although there is a race on the east side that i want to do someday

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah it's alcohol time

:(

• Options

Send it back.

As long as the gravy is thick and near chili consistency, don't matter!

Ohhh yeah

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    Beast you should come to the inland northwest and I'll set up a race for you through the woods

how far inland @knitdan....spokane? no i am not from there, i am from the less shit side of the mountains

how do your legs not like, self-immolate during ultra-marathons?

• Options
    So I started my new downtown area, at least the roadways, and I think it's pretty neat.

t83qz6rhjukz.jpg

• Options
    Mortious wrote: »

Is it at least labeled as such? We get Mapel Flavoured Syrup here, as well as actual Mapel Syrup, and the ingredients are clearly listed.

Sometimes they like to throw a Gluten Free label on things that can't conceivably contain gluten.

You know I think maple syrup might actually be regulated thanks to NAFTA and Canada - in the article linked about extra virgin olive oil, the USDA set up standards but has no enforcement mechanism so of course it's all (mostly) fake

I'm kinda surprised carob hasn't become one of those "eat this for 100% markup it tastes like chocolate but it's not so it must be healthy* for you!"

*please ignore all the sugar we still add to it

what a happy day it is
  • Options

Yes, and also it is caffeine free so you see it in a lot of hippie food.

• Options
    Beast I was mostly joking but yeah I live north of Spokane. I know some years back they organized an ultra marathon up in one of the national forests.

• Options

Yes, and also it is caffeine free so you see it in a lot of hippie food.

Also dog treats.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    BEAST! wrote: »

how do your legs not like, self-immolate during ultra-marathons?
    turns out bodies just aren't as shit as you'd think

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I too am having a hard time with the fireworks. They started Friday night around here : (

• Options
    Beast I was mostly joking but yeah I live north of Spokane. I know some years back they organized an ultra marathon up in one of the national forests.

Is it 27 miles?

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

EVOO has a lower smoke point so yeah it's a lot easier to burn it.

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    I too am having a hard time with the fireworks. They started Friday night around here : (

:bro:

I'm back in my apartment with my headphones on and some loud music blasting, so I've drowned them out for now.

This discussion has been closed.