As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Somewhere, in Chaldea, this could all be happening right now

MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother?Registered User regular
edited January 2018 in Social Entropy++
y7STNVn.png

I AM THE BONE OF MY QUARTZ
SALT IS MY BODY AND TEARS IS MY BLOOD

n4xDSJV.jpg

I HAVE SUMMONED OVER A THOUSAND BLACK KEYS
UNKNOWN TO DEBT, NOR KNOWN TO INCOME

HAVE WITHSTOOD PAIN TO SUMMON MANY CRAFT ESSENCE
YET, THOSE HANDS WILL NEVER HOLD SSR

2sUl6pY.png

SO AS I PRAY, UNLIMITED GACHA WORKS

Fate/Grand Order is a brand new two year old mobile game which only just recently got an official English release thanks to the folks at Aniplex.

It's a "gacha" style mobile RPG where you pull random characters from a huge random pool, with absolutely pathetic probabilities of pulling the best and strongest characters. Thankfully, while it can be demoralizing to pull 3* and 4* servants for ever and ever, it's not the end of the world since many of those lower rarity servants are absolutely capable of clearing all of the content in the game, and are often only a little bit behind the absolute best rarest and most limited servants in the game.
hFG9tI4.png

You create a team out of up to five of your own servants, and one borrowed from a friend, and take them into turn based RPG combat in a light narrative story mode in which you're attempting to correct history to prevent the annihilation of humanity, which will occur in the year 2019.

Servants you summon primarily fall into one of seven main categories, with some special categories that exist outside of the normal affinity wheels being much less common.
tcE5BYD.jpg

This, along with their individual skills and special attacks, can inform your decisions about which servants to pair up together and who to take into combat against what enemies.

Friend Code Spreadsheet

Maddoc on

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    You will be tempted to roll a top tier character when you play FGO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TgA_f0Zu68

you would be a fool to do so, low tier best tier

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Olga o'mally
    olgamally the alleycatgirl

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    France story stuff
    There's some really fun interactions between famous figures here. Mozart and Marie Antoinette's relationship, Vlad and Carmilla as squabbling fellow vampires...

And then you've got Jeanne and Dark Evil Jeanne Who Hates France

They could've come up with something better.

• Options
    Dark Evil Jeanne has some good points though

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Dark Evil Jeanne is actually great, especially given that she was summoned by Gilles, and thus is a reflection of how he THINKS Jeanne should feel

Jalter is good, fight me

• Options
    AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    My FID: 450,225,320

Don't forget to feed your 1-2 star CEs to a 1 star max limit broken CE to store exp for your 4-5 star CEs. I think that's how it works.

Adellios on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Did you mean 'bane'?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    It's annoying trying to get ascension pieces for a specific class

I just need berserker pieces, but instead I'm getting endless Rider pieces

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

One of the big, big things I'm looking forward to is for when they change the daily quests to match what JP has now.

JP switched to a daily quest schedule where each day has "Training Ground" quest for one of the seven classes, from which you get ascension and skill materials for only that class.

I don't know when they switched over to that schedule though,and whether Aniplex is planning on waiting until that point to switch the US version over.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

One of the big, big things I'm looking forward to is for when they change the daily quests to match what JP has now.

JP switched to a daily quest schedule where each day has "Training Ground" quest for one of the seven classes, from which you get ascension and skill materials for only that class.

I don't know when they switched over to that schedule though,and whether Aniplex is planning on waiting until that point to switch the US version over.

What's confusing about this is that they went ahead and gave us the updated experience and QP dailies off the bat. Guess they wanted to gate ascensions somewhat.

Ascension items (or at least the pieces and monuments) will become a lot more common in the future once we start getting some events. The gems for skill upgrades are my bigger concern.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    And here's my User ID for the OP @Maddoc.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

Did you mean 'bane'?

My body is made of salt. My blood is tears, my heart is glass.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Of course Nero looks like that
    *Gasp*

Nero is also great

She justifies the existence of Fate/Extra

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Stilts wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »
    Of course Nero looks like that
    *Gasp*

Nero is also great

She justifies the existence of Fate/Extra

Fate/Extra was not really a fantastic game

But I still enjoyed it, just the whole "investigate a servant to figure out their identity and their attack patterns" was kind of neat. Even if the game kind of made no real secret of who the servant was on a meta level, so you the player probably knew who the servant was immediately.

There's no real disguising Lu Bu's big dangly head feathers.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    VagrantWinds - 325,943,620
    My best servant at this time is a Berserker Maid Catgirl Chef.

Also, I wanna give the Regend his third ascension for the fantastic artwork and good third skill, but are Eternal Gears even obtainable yet? I'm assuming monuments at least have a chance of dropping in the lvl40 dalies?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    I keep running the daily event with no Berserker piece drops

Daily quests are bad civilization

• Options
    edited July 2017
    So I was considering making a thread for this myself and started typing up a thing yesterday. Figure there's no reason not to just drop this part of it here now. Who knows, may be helpful for someone. This was planned to be the second post to follow-up all the basic info. If we keep these threads going in the future, I wouldn't mind keeping this updated.

The Servants
    Not all servants are always available. Some are limited, which means that they can only be summoned during specific events. Others are “story unlocks”, which means that they cannot be rolled unless you have completed a certain chapter in the story. If a story-unlock servant shows up as a focus in a limited summon, you can still roll them there even if you haven’t completed their story. That said, unless they are a focus in it, story-unlock servants cannot be rolled in limited summons. If you want Nero, you either need to roll when she is a focus, or exclusively roll on the story summons. She will not be available in other limited pools. Finally, “welfare” servants are ones that are available for free if you complete their event. They are never available to be summoned normally. That said, their events allow you to get up to 5 copies of them, which means that you are guaranteed to max out their NP level if you complete enough of the event.

Saber: Saber-class servants are strong against lancers and weak against archers. They are typically very balanced, having relatively high attack power, with average NP gain and star generation. Typical card layout: QAABB
    5*
    Altria Pendragon: I’m just gonna call her Arturia. It’s fine. Anyway, Arturia is a strong, balanced character whose claim to fame in this game is her extremely powerful AOE Noble Phantasm. Thanks to her Charisma and Mana Burst skills, you’ll have a hard time finding a stronger wave-clearer than Excalibur. She takes some time to build it up without help, though.
    Altera: Altera’s all about destruction, and it shows in her stats and her skills. She’s even more powerful than Arturia. That said, her Noble Phantasm is significantly weaker. In the future, one of her skills will be buffed to increase her star weight, making her a much better user of critical stars.
    4*
    Siegfried: Siggy’s claim to fame is being durable as hell, having the highest HP in the game among 4* servants. He also gets some pretty notable boosts against dragons, although they tend to be Rider-class (barring Elizabeth). Siegfried leaves something to be desired in the power department, though, so he is considered to be relatively weak. That said, he is more than strong enough to be useful in the early game.
    Chevalier d’Eon: d’Eon is, in a word, a tank. While s/he might not have the same HP levels as Siegfried, they have multiple skills that protect or heal themselves (even being able to clear debuffs), and is currently the only gold servant who has a taunt skill, which lasts for an impressive 3 turns. All that said, s/he is definitely on the weaker side, so their best use is to protect other characters who are doing the bulk of the damage. Also notable is d’Eon’s NP, which does not do damage. In fact, it actually just kinda sucks. Or at least, it does at NP level 1. It gets stronger at an oddly linear rate for each NP level, actually becoming quite powerful at higher levels. D’Eon is one of the only gold servants who I’d really like to get duplicates of.
    Altria Alter: The Alter version of Arturia is… pretty much the same as the 5* version of her, but with lower skill ranks and the stats of a 4* servant. That being said, for some reason, Excalibur Morgan is even stronger than the regular Excalibur. It is INCREDIBLY powerful, especially for a 4* servant. She’s a story-unlock servant, unlocking after you clear Fuyuki.
    Altria Lily: The Lily version of Arturia is also pretty similar to her regular version, but much weaker. Not only compared to her Alter, but also to 4* servants in general, Lily is weak. That said, she’s good enough for the early game, so she’s absolutely worth using if you don’t have anyone better (or if you just like her). She’s a welfare servant, currently only available to people who started the game early enough, but will be available again in a future event.
    Nero Claudius: Nero is very comparable to the Arturias, but is a bit less powerful both in regular attack power and in the power of her NP. In exchange for that, she gains two skills that heal herself; one of which has a chance to increase her attack and defense. Each of those are individual chances, though, so she may get one buff, both of them, or none. It’s a strong buff when it works, though, making her fun to use. In the future, she’ll gain the “Thrice-Setting Sun” skill, which is basically a Battle Continuation that can proc up to three times, making her survive significantly longer. She’s a story-unlock servant, unlocking after you clear Septem.
    3*
    Gaius Julius Caesar: Caesar’s pretty solid as far as silvers go, although not exactly the most popular. He notably has a second quick card instead of an arts card, as well as a quick-type NP.
    Gilles de Rais: Gilles is… not great. He eventually gets a new skill that will make his buster cards really powerful, but he still only has two of them, and his NP isn’t a buster-type. A shame, because the progression of his art is really interesting.

Archer: Archer-class servants are strong against sabers and weak against lancers. They are typically not as powerful as other servants, but make up for it with relatively high star generation and NP gain. Typical card layout: QQAAB
    4*
    Emiya: Spoilers, I guess. Anyway, Emiya is interesting largely thanks to his card layout; he has three arts cards. This makes him good for causing arts chains, and thus building his NP pretty quickly. That said, as much as Unlimited Blade Works is the coolest thing in the world, it’s not that strong in this game. In the future, it should be buffed a bit, and his arts-boost skill will also be updated to apply to buster and quick cards, therefor buffing UBW even more. Emiya will have his day eventually.
    Atalanta: Woah. An archer who predominantly uses a bow. Madness. Anyway, Atalanta’s a little on the weak side, but is extremely good at building crit stars. This is really shown in her NP, which is pretty weak, but produces an insane amount of crit stars. It is not uncommon to see 100% critical chances after using it. She’s also notable because her quick-buff skill applies to your full party, so she is more effective if paired with people who also have quick-based NPs.
    3*
    Robin Hood: Robin Hood’s attack is really low, and even further because he is an archer. His attacks really don’t do very much damage. However, he’s decent at building crit stars, and really good at building his NP. Speaking of which, his NP is insanely powerful. Like, “the strongest in the game” powerful, at least for now. Sure, it requires the enemy to be poisoned to be that powerful, but he happens to have an active skill that does just that. Just pray that the enemy doesn’t resist it. In the future, he will be buffed (?!) to gain an evasion skill. One that produces a ton of crit stars. If it wasn’t obvious, Robin Hood is among the best 3* servants in the game… which is a common trend for archers, admittedly.
    2*/1*
    Arash: Arash is super weak in all ways, except for his NP. His NP is a very strong (at least, for a 1* servant) AOE, which kills himself. That sounds like a really big downside, but if you are using him for farming purposes, the suicide is actually advantageous; it allows you to switch in another servant after he is done for free. Arash basically requires a kaleidoscope CE to be useful, but with one, he is actually pretty sweet. He’ll eventually get a skill that generates that last 20% NP he needs after kaleidoscope, too.

Lancer: Lancer-class servants are strong against archers and weak against sabers. They are typically very powerful and have decent star generation, but may have issues building their NP. Typical card layout: QQABB
    4*
    Elizabeth Bathory: They spelled it with an ‘S’, I know. Call me a rebel. Anyway, Liz is really strong, and has very nice, reliable skillset. But she doesn’t really excel at either star generation or NP generation, and her NP is a little on the weak side. She’s overall quite good; and it’s a good thing, because she’s the only gold lancer who is available at launch.
    3*
    Cu Chulainn: I don’t know who you are, but there’s a good chance that Cu is your favorite character. This works out, because he is awesome in this game. If your only experience with him is Carnival Phantasm, then you are in for a surprise; Cu’s claim to fame is “never dying”. Protection from Arrows is a completely absurd skill, which negates damage 3 times. By the time he is hit three times, there’s a decent chance that its cooldown will be up and he can just use it again. And if that wasn’t enough, he gets a self-heal and Battle Continuation. Furthermore, his attack stat is pretty high for a 3*, and his NP is a relatively strong single-target. Cu is considered by most to be the best 3* in the game (although personally, I think it’s at least debatable).
    Cu Chulainn (Prototype): Hey, it’s Cu again. Weird. He still has Protection from Arrows, so he’s still very good. That said, he doesn’t have the other “live forever” skills, and his beast-slaying gimmick isn’t very relevant. He’s probably worse than the regular Cu, but still very good.
    Romulus: He is Rome. Also pretty reasonable for a 3*, but his competition could not possibly be more fierce.
    2/1*
    Leonidas I: He’s got a taunt, although it only lasts one turn. But then his NP is also a taunt. Not exactly the best character for this role.
    Musashibou Benkei: He also has a taunt, but is worse than Leonidas for that role.

Rider: Rider-class servants are strong against casters and weak against assassins. They are relatively balanced, and are notable for having a high critical weight. Typical card layout: QQAAB
    4*
    Marie Antoinette: When she’s not creating memes, she’s stealing Cu’s role of living forever, thanks to having a similar “no damage 3 times” skill and having more HP. That said, she is criminally weak, and especially with her Noble Phantasm. She might win the battle, but it’s gonna take some time.
    Martha: The first healer of the game, and also notably has a card layout with three arts cards. She’s a little weak at the moment (or she would be, if better riders existed), but is due for two buffs: her party heal is going to get substantially stronger, and she’s also going to gain a skill which removes buffs from an enemy. With those, she’ll actually be pretty useful.
    3*
    Medusa: Medusa is solid in this game, but her NP is a little on the weak side. That said, she has a skill which can stun an enemy, which can be a massive boon if it works against any boss. It would be nice if it was more reliable, but it’s still very strong. In the future, she’ll gain a skill which charges her NP a bit, which will make her a pretty effective wave-clearer.
    Boudica: Boudica is pretty bad, especially compared to her competition. If you are using her, you know why you are using her.
    Ushiwakamaru: Ushi is quite strong, largely thanks to having a good single-target NP. She’ll eventually gain an evasion skill, as well, making her pretty effective against bosses for a 3* servant.
    Alexander: Alex is pretty good, if overshadowed by Medusa and Ushi. He’s got a charm skill, which is generally not a good thing, but at least his doesn’t care about gender. He’ll eventually gain a party quick buff skill, making him great when paired with other characters with quick-based NPs.
    2*/1*
    Georgios: Hey, it’s another bronze tank. I don’t know why all these guys are bronze, but anyway. His taunt at least lasts for 3 turns, and his entire skillset besides compliments this, but I’d still only recommend using him if you are challenging yourself by using bronze servants.
    Edward Teach: Seeing Blackbeard as bronze servant, and a joke character at that, is kinda weird. His rambling is pretty funny, but he’s very not good.

Caster: Caster-class servants are strong against assassins and weak against riders. They excel at building their NP gauge, and also frequently fall into a support role for the party. Typical card layout: QAAAB
    5*
    Zhuge Liang/El-Melloi II: Lore-wise, this guy’s situation is similar to Mash, and his names are hard to remember, so everyone just calls him Waver. Anyway, he’s the best servant in the game, and will be for a very long time. He’s doesn’t do that much damage himself, and doesn’t even do damage with his NP, but his support capabilities are unparalleled. He boosts everyone’s attack and defense, and boosts someone’s critical damage, and supplies everyone with an absolute ton of NP at the same time. Waver is completely broken, at least if you have other strong servants to pair him with.
    3*
    Medea: Medea’s claim to fame is instantly charging her NP with one use of a skill, and then using her NP, which happens to charge her NP back up again. I hope you like hearing her say RULE BREAKA, because you’re gonna hear it a lot. If that sounds broken, it isn’t; to compensate for her ability to spam it, her NP is very weak. That said, she really can spam it, and it also has the effect of removing the target’s buffs. Medea is an extremely useful character.
    Gilles de Rais: Gilles, like his saber counterpart, isn’t great. Or rather, he isn’t COOL. That said, he gets a really interesting skill in the future, which has a chance to stun all enemies every turn (until it stuns them once). He is a story-unlock (thankfully), unlocking after you clear Orleans.
    Mephistopheles: I don’t know why this guy was shown off in promotions. He’s not good, and also kind of a weirdo. I feel like he’s being sarcastic when you summon him, saying that “you’ve really hit the jackpot”.
    Cu Chulainn: What, again? Sure, whatever. Anyway, the Caster version of Cu still has Protection from Arrows, so he’s automatically good by default. That said, he’s less powerful than his lancer types, and has a pretty weak AOE NP. At least his card layout means that he’ll help supply the rest of your team with arts chains, while he just hangs out and lives forever. Note that despite being a freebie in the tutorial, he is a story-unlock, unlocking after Fuyuki along with Alter. This means that he cannot be summoned in the FP summons, making it difficult to increase his NP level.
    2*/1*
    Hans Christian Andersen: Hans is one of the more interesting bronze servants. With his second skill, is able to very quickly charge up his NP, which has a high chance to buff your other servants in a variety of ways. Sure, he looks bad compared to Waver, but sometimes you take what you can get. Also, I just love that guy.
    William Shakespeare: Shakespeare can buff the party’s Buster cards for a turn, and will eventually be able to boost someone’s NP gauge by a bit. Could be interesting if you want to maximize the damage of someone’s buster-type NP, but otherwise not great.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Mozart will be the first to tell you that he’s not much of a fighter. That said, he has the ability to boost everyone’s arts performance, similar to Shakespeare. And he’ll eventually gain a skill that, if maxed, will instantly generate 50 crit stars. That’s pretty damn impressive for a 1* servant. Also, for some reason, he doesn’t take extra damage from Enuma Elish. Don’t ask me why, and it’s not like it will ever save him from it, but that’s a thing.

Assassin: Assassin-class servants are strong against riders and weak against casters. They excel at both building crit stars and using them, and often building their NP quickly in the process, but are relatively weak to compensate. Typical card layout: QQQAB
    4*
    Stheno: Well, she’s got decent star generation and NP gain, as you’d expect from an assassin, but… that’s about it. Problem is, most of the enemies you fight in this game are monsters. And even when you encounter servants, the majority of them (and especially high-rarity ones, which are more common as bosses) that you encounter are female. Stheno’s charm only works on males, and her NP only charms males and has a “high” chance to instakill them. Except it’s actually a very low chance, because instakills in this game are extremely unreliable against anything but regular mobs. Who typically are not male. All that said, she’s still a gold assassin, and rider-type enemies are very common in the early game.
    Carmilla: Very underrated, in my opinion. Good star gen, good NP gain, and a great single-target NP that does bonus damage against females. Also her final card art is hilarious.
    3*
    Jing Ke: Not the most exciting, but she does what you want from an assassin. That said, her quick cards aren’t quite as good as you might like, which makes a bronze option arguably better than her.
    2*/1*
    Hassan of the Cursed Arm: Hassan is pretty weak. That said, Protection from Wind is just as busted as Cu’s skill, so the guy lives forever. Meanwhile he is extremely good at building crit stars, and also builds his NP really fast, which is a relatively strong single-target. For a bronze servant, Hassan is very impressive.
    Charles-Henri Sanson: Reasonable enough skillset for a bronze, but worse than Hassan in all relevant ways. His attack is especially low.
    Phantom of the Opera: Very bad, which is a shame, because I like his design. He does have a good chance to charm females, so maybe he has some use in a gimmick bronze team. I dunno.
    Mata Hari: She's a 1* servant, so she's very weak. She has two charms, between her NP and one of her skills (the latter of which only works on males, of course), which doesn't really make her worth using. Rather, it makes her a major pain in the ass to fight AGAINST. Maybe that's just because I have a tendency to use dudes, though.
    Sasaki Kojirou: The man. The myth. The Legend of France (or REGEND, as the JP version originally said). In this game he’s… a 1* servant, who doesn’t have nearly enough positive going on for him to make up for his abysmal stats. Also, it requires Infinity Gears to ascend him, which are impossible to farm at the moment, so he’s gonna be stuck at a maximum of level 40 for a while. It’s alright, Kojirou. I still love you.

Berserker: Berserker-class servants are strong against all classes, but also take extra damage from all classes. They are champions at making things die quickly, but also will die very quickly if they take a few bad hits. They are generally poor at using crit stars as well as building their NP. Typical card layout: QABBB
    5*
    Vlad III: Vlad’s pretty strong, and unlike many berserkers, actually has some means of keeping himself alive. He’s also actually able to charge his NP up, which is uncommon for berserkers (even allowing him to use his NP on turn 1 if you give him a kaleidoscope or a maxed Imaginary Numbers CE). To compensate, his attack is actually a bit lower than you’d expect for a 5* berserker. And in addition, his card layout is QAABB. This makes him less than ideal for a triple-Berserker party, who just want to get as many buster chains as possible.
    4*
    Heracles: Strongest in the world. And that’s very fitting, here. The guy hits insanely hard, and has two skills that help keep him alive. He also has a very interesting max bond CE, which gives him three free activations of Battle Continuation. I still think it’s weird that he’s not a 5*, but he’ll get by at merely being one of the best 4*s.
    Lancelot: Lancelot’s really strong, and has a powerful AOE Noble Phantasm. His gimmick is that all of his skills revolve around using and building critical stars. The problem with this is that he just doesn’t pair that well with usual star generators, ultimately making him less impressive than other 4* berserkers. He’s still very, very strong though.
    Tamamo Cat: She’s got much lower base attack than her competition, but makes up for it by having a skill that increases her attack power. That combined with her strong AOE NP makes her great at wave-clearing; but her self-stun can be a problem.
    3*
    Lu Bu Fengxian: Lu Bu’s attack is monstrously high for a 3* character. And given his high rank in Madness Enhancement and having an attack-boost skill, he is incredibly good at smashing things to death. That said, his HP is extremely low, and his defense boost skill isn’t nearly enough to keep him alive. It is rare for him to survive after being hit a second time, but he may not let them get that chance.
    Darius III: Darius looks really cool, but he doesn’t really have anything going on with his skills to set him apart. He has Battle Continuation, but otherwise pales compared to the others.
    Kiyohime: A fan-favorite. Kiyohime’s got a strong AOE NP, and eventually will gain a way to boost it… but that’s about it. Her attack stat is extremely low for a berserker, and while her EX rank in Madness Enhancement makes up for it a little bit, it’s not enough.
    2*/1*
    Caligula: Well, he’s stronger than Kiyohime, but still isn’t really worth using.
    Eric Bloodaxe: Battle continuation and a decent NP make him interesting, but it doesn’t make up for his being bronze. Use only for the challenge.
    Asterios: Asterios is actually interesting, largely thanks to his NP. It causes a decent debuff on all enemies, which lasts for six turns. Later on it will be buffed to additionally add significant debuffs for the turn it is used, absolutely crippling all enemies. I still wouldn’t say that he’s “worth it”, but I’ve seen some interesting videos of him being abused.

Extra: Shielder-class and Ruler-class servants both receive less damage from everything, while the Shielder class also deals less damage to everything. More extra classes will be added in the future.
    Mash: Shielder class is a pretty huge drawback, but the fact that her cost is 0 makes her worth adding in teams sometimes. Furthermore, her second skill is actually quite useful, protecting one of your characters for a turn and charging their NP a bit. Later she will also gain a 1-turn taunt, which can really make her pull her weight.
    Jeanne d’Arc: In the early game, Jeanne is absolutely incredible. Her HP pool is massive, and she takes reduced damage from everything, and her NP can save your team from enemy NPs while also healing everyone back up. It is hard to lose when Jeanne is on your team. She definitely drops in usefulness later when you have a full team of great characters; but not because she gets any worse. Just, you won’t NEED her anymore, in which case you’d rather take characters with higher damage output.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Gilgamesh is apparently being released tomorrow. I tried to add him to my above post but already hit the character limit (I'll just break it up into multiple posts in the future), so here's his analysis:

Gilgamesh: Gilgamesh is very strong and has a pretty solid skillset, and is especially notable because of his attacks; rather than just swinging a weapon a couple times, this guy launches a barrage from the Gate of Babylon for all of his attacks, resulting in all of his attacks hitting 5+ times. Hitting more times means more potential star generation and more NP gain, especially if you lead with a quick or arts card. A QBB brave chain from Gilgamesh provides a LOT of critical stars. His NP is an AOE that is relatively weak normally, but does increased damage against servants who aren't Mozart.

If we get the same summoning that JP got, there will be rate-ups for Gilgamesh, Lancelot, Atalanta, and Medea. This doesn't actually increase your odds of getting a 5* or 4* servant, but rather if you do get one, then the odds of it being one of those servants is relatively high. Also, this is the first limited summoning, so I'll stress that story-unlock servants cannot be summoned in them. If you are rolling for Gilgamesh, it is impossible to summon Arturia Alter or Nero, even if you've completed the story.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    well, so long as there aren't any terrible mollusc-based sex metaphors in this, at least the art is nice

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    If you are rolling for Gilgamesh, it is impossible to summon Arturia Alter or Nero, even if you've completed the story.

But I want Gilgamesh and Nero. :(

Funzies question: How well do Gil and Shirou work together?
    Second Funzies: How long until Gil's true love Enkidu is released?

• Options
    If you are rolling for Gilgamesh, it is impossible to summon Arturia Alter or Nero, even if you've completed the story.

But I want Gilgamesh and Nero. :(

Funzies question: How well do Gil and Shirou work together?
    Second Funzies: How long until Gil's true love Enkidu is released?

Q1: Not especially well, but they are both gold archers, so a team with the two of them would probably slaughter any group of sabers.
    Q2: A very long time. And will probably be eclipsed by the hype of the characters released just before and after him.
    Enkidu hits right after Ishtar, and just before Merlin and King Hassan.

• Options
    Can we get a spoiler of the (likely) upcoming limiteds so I can decide where to spend my Quartz?

• Options
    Can we get a spoiler of the (likely) upcoming limiteds so I can decide where to spend my Quartz?

Sure. We still have no idea how closely the NA version will follow the JP version, so they could potentially make changes to any of these banners, or reorder them. But here's the list of the next bunch of rate-ups. Bolded are limited servants, and I'm going to go up to the start of the next full chapter release.
    - Gilgamesh, Atalanta, Lancelot, Medea, Cu Prototype
    - Arturia, Emiya, Herc, Medusa, Medea, Cu
    - Altera, Nero, Caesar, Romulus
    - Orion, Marie, Stheno, Jing Ke, Ushi
    - Kintoki, Arturia Alter, Martha, Boudica, Robin Hood
    - Jeanne, d'Eon, Siegfried, Kiyohime, Gilles
    - Tamamo (may temporarily be limited before being added permanently later), Tamamo Cat, Carmilla, Mephisto, Darius
    - Drake, Anne & Mary, Euryale, David, Hector

• Options
    I need to stop looking at servants on the wiki. I just found out there's a 4star Ruler version of Martha later on that's huge on damage, punches the evil out of everything with her glorious fists, and when she summons her NP Tarasque she punches it until it explodes.

Why do I do this to myself? She's probably over a year off.

• Options
    Aw man, didn't realize story unlocks couldn't be pulled on limited banners. Was hoping for Altria Alter.

As for looking forward to servants that are awhile out, I just really want the KNK event.

• Options
    Aw man, didn't realize story unlocks couldn't be pulled on limited banners. Was hoping for Altria Alter.

As for looking forward to servants that are awhile out, I just really want the KNK event.

That event is just really interesting, too. And should be ten times better now that I'll be able to read what all the mission objectives are.
    Personally I like the regular Shiki more than the Void version, and that one's a welfare, so there's no need to hoard quartz. Haven't thought that far ahead, though... I really want to focus on servants that I haven't used before. Which is really awkward given that I've played multiple accounts. Gonna be so strange not rolling for the likes of Okita or Scathach, but we'll see if I can control myself.

• Options
    Wait? Wait? Wait!? There's a KNK event and servants? Who's in it?

Are there Tsukihime or other Type Moon crossovers too?

• Options
    You've got to be kidding me. I just beat rome and did a single 10 pull to see if I could get a Nero. Nope, not this time.

Instead I got got swarmed by Crafts. Yet another Imaginary Element (I already have a max ascended one), yet another Be Elegant, my first Divine Banquet, and the fucking kicker? My second 5 star Imaginary Around.

Should I feed my second Imaginary Around into my first lol? My current lvl20 one is +786atk and +25% quick card damage and is currently sitting on my Regend with 3 quick cards and a quick NP.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Free servant from the KNK event is Assassin Shiki, who is an actually really awesome 4* Assassin.

Because she's an event servant, you get a "free" level 5 Noble Phantasm with her, which is a 1500% single target Arts NP. Also she has a skill that increases Arts card effect by +50%.

I'm sure some of the 5* Assassins like Jack and King Hassan are better, but she is the Assassin that I most want.

The only other crossover event I know of is Fate Kaleid Prisma Ilya, and the problem is that neither of these events is guaranteed, but I'm choosing to be optimistic since Aniplex USA is the company that localized KnK.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Okay, I am 100% down for Shiki and Prisma Illya servants.

• Options
    Oh actually there is another collab I forgot about that we probably won't get.

There was a Fate/Extra CCC event with BB (aka Sakura) as an event character, with a unique class that is weak against Rulers and strong against Avengers.

• Options
    Oh actually there is another collab I forgot about that we probably won't get.

There was a Fate/Extra CCC event with BB (aka Sakura) as an event character, with a unique class that is weak against Rulers and strong against Avengers.

Probably won't get? Why do you have to kill me like that?

I wanna keep the Rin/Sakura sister team dream alive.

• Options
    584 197 038 is my friend code. Jeanne/Waver are the only chars I have sorta leveled.

Man, not enough pulls for Gil yet, hopefully we get showered in some more.

• Options
    You've got to be kidding me. I just beat rome and did a single 10 pull to see if I could get a Nero. Nope, not this time.

Instead I got got swarmed by Crafts. Yet another Imaginary Element (I already have a max ascended one), yet another Be Elegant, my first Divine Banquet, and the fucking kicker? My second 5 star Imaginary Around.

Should I feed my second Imaginary Around into my first lol? My current lvl20 one is +786atk and +25% quick card damage and is currently sitting on my Regend with 3 quick cards and a quick NP.

Imaginary Around is definitely a great CE, and eventually having it maxed would be nice, but that's a long-term goal. For now, it's probably more useful to hang on to the second copy than feed it in.

• Options
    584 197 038 is my friend code. Jeanne/Waver are the only chars I have sorta leveled.

Oh, you -only- have the two best servants currently in the game, that also happen to be rare as fuck, leveled. So humble? :snap:

• Options
    DrCongoDrCongo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    So, the character assortment in this game is delightfully weird. No previous knowledge of the setting, but I'm digging the game.

Friend code:
    DrCongo 996,183,722

Currently rocking the crazy cat fox tail lady berserker as my main character, I've set her as support character also.

I'm some way through France, and
    the discussions/arguments/whathaveyou between Dracula and the blood lady and Marie Antoinette and Mozart and whoever else are killing me :D

• Options
    edited July 2017

Oh, you -only- have the two best servants currently in the game, that also happen to be rare as fuck, leveled. So humble? :snap:

Haha, I just meant the amount of leveling I've done so far(level 50). People have like the level 70-90 dudes running around that are a lot more useful IMO.

Elementalor on
  • Options
    I was about to download this from the app store, but right next to it was anime mobile X-Com and now I'm torn.

• Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    I was about to download this from the app store, but right next to it was anime mobile X-Com and now I'm torn.

What app is this anime mobile x-com? I'm curious now.

On topic: should I be going through the story or just using my AP to do the higher level daily missions to level up more?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.