As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] out of hell

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    So wait, if I'm reading that correctly, Hobby Lobby was acting as... not a front, since they do business, but similar to a front, in order to smuggle Iraqi artifacts? Presumably, given Hobby Lobby's corporate religion, as part of some sort of private religious collection?

That's fucking wild.

Good lord.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The family that owns the company is also bankrolling a $500 million Museum of the Bible slated to open in Washington in the fall.

*faints*

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    fcc what if you salt cure some egg yolks and then zest them over top of your cloud eggs tho
    LISTEN HERE THERES ONLY ROOM FOR ONE JULIA CHILDS
    *smacks you with trussed goat cheese filled partridge*

• Options
    Both are v good ideas.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    The family that owns the company is also bankrolling a $500 million Museum of the Bible slated to open in Washington in the fall.

*faints*
    They always go bankrupts.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    So wait, if I'm reading that correctly, Hobby Lobby was acting as... not a front, since they do business, but similar to a front, in order to smuggle Iraqi artifacts? Presumably, given Hobby Lobby's corporate religion, as part of some sort of private religious collection?

That's fucking wild.

Good lord.

supreme court to rule smuggling is legal as long as you have a deeply held religious belief in smuggling and you're a catholic dude

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I want $500 million.

• Options

*faints*
    They always go bankrupts.

And take far too much state money along with them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I want $500 million.

I'd probably settle for $499 million tbh

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I think last night I dreamed that my dogs grew up, moved out, and developed unpalatable political opinions?

-_-

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

That's fucking wild.

Good lord.

Jesus christ...

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I want $500 million.

I'd probably settle for $499 million tbh

I want to own a baseball team

And be, like, the Jerry Jones of that baseball team

Owning it, but also inappropriately making player / personnel decisions

Roasting my star player(s) in late night tweets when they're underperforming

The simple things in life

BeNarwhal on
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    fcc what if you salt cure some egg yolks and then zest them over top of your cloud eggs tho
    LISTEN HERE THERES ONLY ROOM FOR ONE JULIA CHILDS
    *smacks you with trussed goat cheese filled partridge*

She would have some wild super spy retaliation, like a knife in a finely baked baguette

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

That's fucking wild.

They basically were the receivers of stolen goods. Along with some pretty deliberate customs fraud. And it was for a private religious collection, but I'm thinking they got rooked on that. If I remember correctly Cuneiform goes out of style sometime around 800 B.C. It's possible there is some early Jewish writing in it but given how few tablets have been translated, I doubt those are ancient biblical texts. So all in all, Hobby Lobby broke a couple of laws so they could get scammed.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    http://www.thedailybeast.com/doj-sues-hobby-lobby-for-illicit-importation-of-iraqi-artifacts
    DOJ Sues Hobby Lobby for Illicit Importation of Iraqi Artifacts
    Oh, right. Hobby Lobby is controlled by the sort of religious assholes that help fuel the illegal artifact trade.

• Options

That's fucking wild.

Good lord.

Jesus christ...

That's who they plan on giving the artifacts to, yeah.

• Options
    I'll be legitimately surprised if the DOJ keeps that suit up.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I remember when every single person in chat without exception said dark souls was bad and dead cells wouldn't be awesome

YOU WERE WRONG!

it IS awesome!

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    ARCH WE NEED AN UPDATED RESEARCH PARAGRAPH FROM YOU FOR THE GRANT

MAKE SURE IT CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING

Summary of Research: 250 words.
    Biomedical Relevance: 250 words.
    Future research directions: 150 words.

*does math*

..........how many words do y'all think is in a paragraph? I'm writing a review paper that's only slightly longer than this
    It's about 6 twitter posts for the first 2 and 4 twitter posts for the last one.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    The arts-and-crafts chain Hobby Lobby will pay $3 million to settle a federal case over smuggled Iraqi antiquities it bought to demonstrate its "passion for the Bible."
    *bites knuckle of index finger*

*blood wells up*

• Options
    I remember when every single person in chat without exception said dark souls was bad and dead cells wouldn't be awesome

YOU WERE WRONG!

it IS awesome!

Now hold on

It is near to my sense of identity that I never express how I feel about any particular piece of media ever, good sir

So I must call shenanigans

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited July 2017

*faints*

Imagine the actual human good that could be done with that.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Dark Souls was better once I had somebody to lead me through the game and significantly better once I got the sword and dagger that let you do sweet breakdancing spins.

• Options

*faints*

Imagine the actual human good that could be done with that.

Could be put towards buying a sick child a baseball team

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Remember, ISIS had like a whole bureaucracy built up around smuggling shit to rich Western fucks.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    how do you engage in this... rest

• Options
    Remember, ISIS had like a whole bureaucracy built up around smuggling shit to rich Western fucks.

Look they don't want to pay for an employee to get healthcare that might give them birth control, but they have no religious issue with paying terrorists for fake relics so they can murder more people. That's positively christian.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    how do you engage in this... rest

first you boil the water

then you add the noodles

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

That's fucking wild.

They basically were the receivers of stolen goods. Along with some pretty deliberate customs fraud. And it was for a private religious collection, but I'm thinking they got rooked on that. If I remember correctly Cuneiform goes out of style sometime around 800 B.C. It's possible there is some early Jewish writing in it but given how few tablets have been translated, I doubt those are ancient biblical texts. So all in all, Hobby Lobby broke a couple of laws so they could get scammed.

Cuneiform was still in use up until late Hellenic period along the Euphrates. With a few hangers on up to the beginning of the 1st century CE.

And yeah it would be extremely unlikely to have any bearing on early hebrews. I mean in theory they might get some administrative records from the time of Nebuchadnezzar. But the conquest of Judea in his time was such a minor thing from the point of view of the Babylonians it is unlikely it anything would even mention them.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    8:00 a.m.

Staff present the president with a one-page report laying out what the Fourth of July is

9:00 a.m.

Military honor guard to fire a volley for each of Trump’s 304 electoral votes

10:00 a.m.

Children gather on the South Lawn for the annual White House Roman Candle Hunt

10:30 a.m.

President Trump signs the original Declaration of Independence

11:00 a.m.

First Lady Melania Trump takes Barron to Six Flags for the day

12:00 p.m.

Speech by President Trump honoring veterans and promising to create more of them than any other president in history

3:30 p.m.

Reince Priebus to be fired seconds after taking a huge bite of potato salad

4:00 p.m.

Reveal of Ivanka Trump’s all-new American flag, which she designed with working women in mind

5:00 p.m.

Email sent out by Sean Spicer letting everyone know that he’s still got plenty of burgers at his backyard barbecue if anyone wants to come by

8:00 p.m.

Send Eric Trump to bed with a stomachache after eating too many sparklers

8:30 p.m.

Senior economist Greg Leiserson performs beautiful a capella version of “God Bless The USA”

9:00 p.m.

Fireworks display will serve as strong show of force toward D.C. suburbs

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

YOU WERE WRONG!

it IS awesome!

YOU DARE?!?!

MY COMMITMENT TO THE EXQUISITE MISERY CALLED DARK SOULS IS WITHOUT PEER

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    @Donkey Kong Would you help me out here, please?

I found this DC car adapter for powering this portable CD player:

https://smile.amazon.com/Powseed-Switching-Replacement-Speakers-Charging/dp/B01IOZED96/ref=pd_sbs_263_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01IOZED96&pd_rd_r=XDNJ3W3TEHKTN8QF3J4J&pd_rd_w=UDdSq&pd_rd_wg=CU0my&psc=1&refRID=XDNJ3W3TEHKTN8QF3J4J

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B016VBCCZW/ref=crt_ewc_img_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2NYACAJP9I1IY

The charger notes

[IMPORTANT] DC Plug Polarity: inner Positive(+), outer Negative(-). Some musical device requires inner Negative and outer positive (totally opposite), please check carefully before buying.

The user manual https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1VjXVWktnL.pdf for the CD player notes that polarity markings must match the graphic on the DC input:

cd1TJKJ.png

Are these two compatible? I really don't want to blow up my FIL's new car because I'm trying to get $30 in Chinese electronics to fucking play along in 2017.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    That hobby lobby story is fucking nuts

they're basically the villains from an Indiana Jones movie

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Trace wrote: »
    8:00 a.m.

Staff present the president with a one-page report laying out what the Fourth of July is

9:00 a.m.

Military honor guard to fire a volley for each of Trump’s 304 electoral votes

10:00 a.m.

Children gather on the South Lawn for the annual White House Roman Candle Hunt

10:30 a.m.

President Trump signs the original Declaration of Independence

11:00 a.m.

First Lady Melania Trump takes Barron to Six Flags for the day

12:00 p.m.

Speech by President Trump honoring veterans and promising to create more of them than any other president in history

3:30 p.m.

Reince Priebus to be fired seconds after taking a huge bite of potato salad

4:00 p.m.

Reveal of Ivanka Trump’s all-new American flag, which she designed with working women in mind

5:00 p.m.

Email sent out by Sean Spicer letting everyone know that he’s still got plenty of burgers at his backyard barbecue if anyone wants to come by

8:00 p.m.

Send Eric Trump to bed with a stomachache after eating too many sparklers

8:30 p.m.

Senior economist Greg Leiserson performs beautiful a capella version of “God Bless The USA”

9:00 p.m.

Fireworks display will serve as strong show of force toward D.C. suburbs

Man the bolded I could see him legitimately doing.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Thomamelas wrote: »

That's fucking wild.

Cuneiform was still in use up until late Hellenic period along the Euphrates. With a few hangers on up to the beginning of the 1st century CE.

And yeah it would be extremely unlikely to have any bearing on early hebrews. I mean in theory they might get some administrative records from the time of Nebuchadnezzar. But the conquest of Judea in his time was such a minor thing from the point of view of the Babylonians it is unlikely it anything would even mention them.

David Green is the variety of Christian perfectly happy with rewriting ancient history in service of their personal beliefs anyway.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    That hobby lobby story is fucking nuts

they're basically the villains from an Indiana Jones movie

Well its nice that people who screwed over women, are more villainous than assumed.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    "Man it turns out that trump voters also run kill kill shelters, in that they take your pets and just murder them because they are horrible assholes."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
This discussion has been closed.