As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] out of hell

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    I went to high school with a kid who would only drink out of a baby bottle. He brought a large baby bottle to school every day. At first, we thought that he was using it to sneak alcohol or something, but he wasn’t. He would bring it filled with chocolate milk and then fill it up with Coca-Cola and Sprite during lunch. He’d buy a can of each and mix them together. Like I said, it was a large bottle.

I didn’t know the kid that well and I didn’t have any classes with him so I never really talked to him that much. I knew his name. His name was Kevin. Sometimes I’d see him at parties on the weekends. He still had his baby bottle. He would fill it with beer and rum.

He dated my sister’s friend, Emily, for a little while. I had known Emily for a long time. She had been a friend of my sister’s since they were five or six. They were really good friends. She spent a lot of time at our house for sleepovers and stuff. Sometimes she would pee the bed, but I never made fun of her for it. I think most older brothers would have loved the opportunity to make fun of their sister’s friend for peeing the bed and I think she really appreciated that I never mentioned it even though I definitely knew about it because after the sixth or seventh time, my parents started paying me to clean everything up instead of having to do it themselves.

I asked Emily why Kevin only ever drank out of a baby bottle and she said that she didn’t know. They had only been dating for a very short time at that point and she didn’t want to bring it up and offend him or anything. I asked her to tell me if she ever found out. They broke up right after that and I kind of forgot about it because Kevin stopped going to school. I don’t know if he transferred or dropped out, but I never saw him at lunch or any parties after that.

I hadn’t thought about him in a long time, but Emily happened to mention him while she was over at our house recently and I immediately remembered the baby bottle thing.

“Did you ever find out why he drank out of that bottle?” I asked.

“Oh yeah, he told me why,” Emily said. “He used it because he heard that babies that drink out of bottles for too long or drink sweet drinks out of them get really bad teeth problems. He wanted all of his teeth to go bad so that they would fall out and he would be able to fit a softball in his mouth. He said that he wanted to have the world record for being the first person to be able to put a whole softball in his mouth and he wouldn’t be able to do that with all of those teeth in the way.”

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    yassssssss

God help me I love being a homeowner

Walk into Home Depot for like, a bag of mulch and stain for the deck

Two hundred dollars later, 100 of that being stain

I need this and this and this and this and this

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    I ordered an orbital sander off Amazon

It's got fucking orbital in the name

@BeNarwhal

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Set it all down organized on the garage floor

This is hitting RPG player pleasure centres deep in my brain

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I went to high school with a kid who would only drink out of a baby bottle. He brought a large baby bottle to school every day. At first, we thought that he was using it to sneak alcohol or something, but he wasn’t. He would bring it filled with chocolate milk and then fill it up with Coca-Cola and Sprite during lunch. He’d buy a can of each and mix them together. Like I said, it was a large bottle.

I didn’t know the kid that well and I didn’t have any classes with him so I never really talked to him that much. I knew his name. His name was Kevin. Sometimes I’d see him at parties on the weekends. He still had his baby bottle. He would fill it with beer and rum.

He dated my sister’s friend, Emily, for a little while. I had known Emily for a long time. She had been a friend of my sister’s since they were five or six. They were really good friends. She spent a lot of time at our house for sleepovers and stuff. Sometimes she would pee the bed, but I never made fun of her for it. I think most older brothers would have loved the opportunity to make fun of their sister’s friend for peeing the bed and I think she really appreciated that I never mentioned it even though I definitely knew about it because after the sixth or seventh time, my parents started paying me to clean everything up instead of having to do it themselves.

I asked Emily why Kevin only ever drank out of a baby bottle and she said that she didn’t know. They had only been dating for a very short time at that point and she didn’t want to bring it up and offend him or anything. I asked her to tell me if she ever found out. They broke up right after that and I kind of forgot about it because Kevin stopped going to school. I don’t know if he transferred or dropped out, but I never saw him at lunch or any parties after that.

I hadn’t thought about him in a long time, but Emily happened to mention him while she was over at our house recently and I immediately remembered the baby bottle thing.

“Did you ever find out why he drank out of that bottle?” I asked.

“Oh yeah, he told me why,” Emily said. “He used it because he heard that babies that drink out of bottles for too long or drink sweet drinks out of them get really bad teeth problems. He wanted all of his teeth to go bad so that they would fall out and he would be able to fit a softball in his mouth. He said that he wanted to have the world record for being the first person to be able to put a whole softball in his mouth and he wouldn’t be able to do that with all of those teeth in the way.”

this is truly beautiful

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Summary

Welcome to the club

::opens door::

Come inside, and let's talk the REAL 2x4 measurements

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Summary

Welcome to the club

I am going to split and stack the neatest fucking woodpile next to my fire pit

There's a pile there, but like the deck, I see improvement

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Home depot is an adult candyland

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Summary

Welcome to the club

I am going to split and stack the neatest fucking woodpile next to my fire pit

There's a pile there, but like the deck, I see improvement

Let me show you the secret of getting a used tire and putting logs in that to split so that you get nice pieces that don't fly everywhere.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    "I don't know who made this"

maybe you could

follow the source in the image listed

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

maybe you could

He doesn't know their full name to blackmail them though

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    what about a planetary sander

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    goatmon with ultraslowpoke.jpg

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    today was certainly a day

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    Shark and dog both laying on me right now.

https://imgur.com/a/569aY

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Con: my bus was heavily rained on, including audio equipment and person alike

Pro: I don't work tomorrow, so who cares if I'm drenched gonna get toasty at home

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    $10 million dollars to a 3rd generationterrorist who killed a US soldier.

What the fuck, Canada.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Uber went almost a week without some horrible fuck up. I thought maybe a change in management would be having a bigger impact than I expected. Nope! Turns out that the improper calculation of driver pay in NYC was them taking the sales tax and fees out of the drivers cut as opposed to making the passengers pay it.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Uber went almost a week without some horrible fuck up. I thought maybe a change in management would be having a bigger impact than I expected. Nope! Turns out that the improper calculation of driver pay in NYC was them taking the sales tax and fees out of the drivers cut as opposed to making the passengers pay it.

Nice! They're really good at being total shits!

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    porp wrote: »
    Shark and dog both laying on me right now.

https://imgur.com/a/569aY

Also your dog Bitsy.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited July 2017

like, thats an old fuckup though.

Saying that the change in management will retroactively fix all the bad stuff that happened before the change took place seems like asking a lot from them.

Even if they are the best replacements ever, they aren't chronomancers.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    wife randomly came to me last night and had been looking up land prices.

Holy shit, compound is a go

Call it a retreat because Compund makes it sound like a militia thing

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

like, thats an old fuckup though.

Saying that the change in management will retroactively fix all the bad stuff that happened before the change took place seems like asking a lot from them.

Even if they are the best replacements ever, they aren't chronomancers.

I should have been clearer. A change in management causing vast improvements in how PR is handled. I didn't expect them to fix previous fuck ups. And I'm sure at this point Uber is a minefield of PR disasters.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited July 2017
    I'm still super mad they are instituting tipping and not changing the pricing structure.

Tipping is the one thing I could 100% be behind uber on at least in the beginning. Pay a fair wage per ride and don't make your customers perform acts of charity to create a living wage for the drivers, which in turn makes the service much less expensive for assholes.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    $10 million dollars to a terrorist who killed a US soldier.

What the fuck, Canada.

You are unmoved by the fact that he was a child soldier coerced into battle by his father?

Or by the fact that he was tortured and deprived of necessary medical treatment after his capture?

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

maybe you could

NO IT IS FOREVER LOST TO THE SANDS OF TIME

AGREE WITH THIS POST AND SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL

• Options
    doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    edited July 2017

Call it a retreat because Compound makes it sound like a militia thing

Or a cult thing

edit: on the other hand retreat kinda makes it sound like a corporate paid vacation OR the sweat lodge that bluth sr. ran

doomybear on
    what a happy day it is
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Call it a retreat because Compund makes it sound like a militia thing

and retreat is what you do when you lose a war

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    trees are just insanely angry all the time

also super racist, but mostly against other kinds of tree

god hates figs

pun aside, it is the only fruit I know of that is filled with dead wasps.

England was full of them after the bubonic plague.

Figs, or dead wasps?

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I know academic sourcing is a whole different ball game than internet sourcing but it really gets under my skin when people post stuff they "found" online with a comment like "who made this??? :emoji:", since it shows a wilful intent to remove any possible chain of attribution to the text

You know who made it? Probably the person who yoinked it from! Or at least that's a good starting point to properly attribute the person who made it!

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Simon I use the work of at least 15 people unattributed in my current manuscript

• Options
    You disgust me, but for completely unrelated reasons

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I know academic sourcing is a whole different ball game than internet sourcing but it really gets under my skin when people post stuff they "found" online with a comment like "who made this??? :emoji:", since it shows a wilful intent to remove any possible chain of attribution to the text

You know who made it? Probably the person who yoinked it from! Or at least that's a good starting point to properly attribute the person who made it!

Like and Subscribe if you agree!

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    DJ Jeff Secessions

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    if I was on my computer instead of phone posting I would screenshot Kana's post, add some JPEG compression, and add a 9GAG watermark at the bottom

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Another thing the millenials destroyed: proper sourcing

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So I am back from my date with the planet science lady.

OMG I now have a huge crush.

So first, there was down pour. I was soaked through my clothing all the way by the time we met both drenched going to the bar. I just kind of gave the bouncer a look when he tried to stop us at the top of the stairs for ids in the rain. The dude was like, just go in. Score one for beard and such?

Got in, got beers. Sat and started talking. She first asked me my background and got me talking about Japan and about IR stuff which god I nerd out.

But then she talked about her stuff and it was so cool. She does models of planets exploding as her job. It is so neat. Then she told me about her family history. And we talked food a bit.

She initiated the hug. I am hoping we get date 2+ folks. She is the best date I have been on since my last gf.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.