As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PAX] South is over, now we're dreaming up a new PAX (see form on p56)

Goose!Goose! That's me, honeyShow me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
edited February 2018 in Social Entropy++
NbjMTEd.png

What is PAX South?
PAX South is the 4th of what is now 5 conventions (West, East, Aus, and Unplugged being the others) run by Penny Arcade and ReedPOP. PAX is a celebration of everything gaming and games, with PC, console, and tabletop freeplay, an expo hall, several panel theaters, concerts, and much more. But the best part of PAX is the community, because we all get to hang out and play those games and eat good BBQ and do all sorts of cool stuff.

When is PAX South?

How much will tickets cost?
It’s almost here, and there’s all sorts of news to go over, so let’s jump right in. PAX South 2018 will take place on January 12 - 14, 2018. Registration will begin on July 18th at 2pm Central, and badges will be $80 for a 3-day, and $40 for individual Friday, Saturday, or Sunday badges. Get them fast, they never last quite long enough!

3-Day Passes sold out but there's still tickets available for all 3 individual days.

Also, here's the SE++ PAX South Discord: https://discord.gg/dcRFMQt

Goose! on

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I probably won't be buying passes this week given my current financial situation, but knowing they tend to take a while to sell out I'm not concerned

I gotta bring an entourage to drink and be loud at BoringPAX again after all

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I was just wondering about this. I think this might be the year I have a hotel all to myself.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    This might be the year where I am looking hard for someone to split a room with because my financial situation is pretty crappy.

Goose! on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    12 PM on Tuesday? Damn, hope the tickets last four hours until I can get home. Going to seriously be thinking about attending.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Need to talk to mrs. Chilla but I had a great time and want to go again

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Oh shit, it's time to start looking into hotel rooms I guess

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    @Madican Tickets haven't sold like they do for East and West. This spreadsheet says 3-day passes for PAX South 2015 selling out 183 days after they went on sale, with individual days taking between 257-305 days after the on-sale date. Last year, only Saturday passes and 3 days sold out (and 3-day passs were still available in September).

In a way I hope this continues, but in a way I hope it goes a little faster, as I don't want to see the event dropped from the schedule, either.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    This might be the year where I am looking hard for someone to split a room with because my financial situation is pretty crappy.

I mean I'm not adverse to roommates but I don't think I can say much to that yet until I know what everyone else is doing. My place also wasn't the cheapest either.

Also, it's doubtful they would move it this close to the end of the year but they just have to shift it a couple more weeks and I could have birthday PAX.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I'll be going. I don't care if only half my limbs are working correctly and I can't reliably afford the meds that let me get onto an airplane without panic-barfing all over myself, I'll find a way to make the budget work.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Madican Tickets haven't sold like they do for East and West. This spreadsheet says 3-day passes for PAX South 2015 selling out 183 days after they went on sale, with individual days taking between 257-305 days after the on-sale date. Last year, only Saturday passes and 3 days sold out (and 3-day passs were still available in September).

In a way I hope this continues, but in a way I hope it goes a little faster, as I don't want to see the event dropped from the schedule, either.

Well that's good to hear. I'll examine the budget and see if I can start socking away for the trip.

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Cool beans.

Will buy some tix ahead of time even though I don't know if I can go.

FOR THE GREATER GOOD.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Well I guess @rhylith is a very nice guy who is gonna get my pass for me, so that's taken care of

Steam
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    Well I mean it ain't free but I'll grab an extra set just so you don't have to worry about if they suddenly start selling out this year. If you end up not wanting it I'll sell it to a friend or coworker.

I remember there was one east where they went from lasting a pretty long time to selling out super fast and I almost missed em.

rhylith on
  • Options
    I'd definitely be up for a roommate this year, especially if it means I'm closer to the convention center

I wasn't far this year, but walking back drunk still sucked

• Options
    edited July 2017
    rhylith wrote: »
    Well I mean it ain't free but I'll grab an extra set just so you don't have to worry about if they suddenly start selling out this year. If you end up not wanting it I'll sell it to a friend or coworker.

I remember there was one east where they went from lasting a pretty long time to selling out super fast and I almost missed em.

(Oh yeah I know totally)

I'd be surprised if they sell out crazy fast though, it's such a slower PAX, and putting it even further into the post-fall rush means I doubt there'll be many booths of brand new stuff to draw people like East or West

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    If I do find that I can go I'll likely be looking for a roommate. I don't drink so I can be the designated whatever if I end up getting involved with the group stuff.

• Options
    Cello wrote: »

(Oh yeah I know totally)

I'd be surprised if they sell out crazy fast though, it's such a slower PAX, and putting it even further into the post-fall rush means I doubt there'll be many booths of brand new stuff to draw people like East or West

I'm sure it'll be fine too, but look at the difference btw east 2013 and 2014 in that spreadsheet!

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I've stayed at the same place the last three years, and it's been pretty good to me, so I'll probably go back. But I wouldn't be opposed to booking a bigger room there and splitting it. I'll dig up some more info and some price estimates.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Cello and @Rorshach Kringle, will the Reynolds family room again?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know my room arrangements yet, I haven't heard from @Stilts or @Speed Racer if they're going

If not I'll need a roomie

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    I will probably be staying in my bank vault across the street from my favorite restaurant/bar in the area again.

(Drury plaza hotel is in an old bank)

rhylith on
  • Options
    I will probably be staying in my bank vault across the street from my favorite restaurant/bar in the area again.

I had the dopest room at the drury plaza last year, easily double the size of rooms I had gotten there in the past.

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »

I had the dopest room at the drury plaza last year, easily double the size of rooms I had gotten there in the past.

The corner rooms?

Yeah if you luck into those it's amazing.

• Options
    edited July 2017

The corner rooms?

Yeah if you luck into those it's amazing.

No, it was right by the elevators actually, I think the corner had to be a door or two down.

Lasbrook on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I'll also be buying tickets but there's a work trip that might possibly conflict. I probably won't know until last minute, but I'll make every effort to be there! I actually found it much harder to watch Riverdale without other people.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    gonna see if i can go to this

it is super close to when i go home to philly

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    My sister moved down to Texas this year, and me and the parents were planning on going to see her this winter. I'll probably be able to go to this thing, we'll visit her for a couple days then I'll stay a few extra for PAX then fly back. Here's hoping!

• Options

I will man your post at the Hooters in your honor if you cannot

• Options

Bring a framed memorial picture of him each time.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Goddamn this is a shitty month for tix to go on sale

Just had to fix my water main because it was blowing water all over my bedroom carpet

Still gonna try and make it though

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    ffffffffff! now even closer to holiday travel/budgeting! D:
    gotta see how things shake out

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options

Bring a framed memorial picture of him each time.

The framed photo requires it's own seat

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Thinking on it more I'm definitely going to want to split a room with someone(s), since I'm getting ready for a move soon without steady employment arranged.

(Not that I'm planning on going if I can't afford it, it'd just be nice to keep my expenses low)

Maddoc on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I will definitely be buying a ticket

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I think I can swing this, unless my job gets froggy about me leaving during peak season

• Options
    By the way that isn't a joke if a framed picture is provided, I will eat at least one meal with it at Hooters.

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    @Cello and @Rorshach Kringle, will the Reynolds family room again?

Assuming I haven't married rich by then, absolutely

Steam
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    im down for this!

Also, did our group pic ever get posted?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    edited July 2017

EDIT: lol I just confused Hooters with Dennys, whoops

Goose! on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Thinking on it more I'm definitely going to want to split a room with someone(s), since I'm getting ready for a move soon without steady employment arranged.

(Not that I'm planning on going if I can't afford it, it'd just be nice to keep my expenses low)

Room sharing sorta worked out the last time we did it (and by that I mean I didn't get you sick, right?) so if you wanna split one I am hecks of down.

Also, they just sent out this email (spoiler for big)
    yXDit0j.png