As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Looking for old game

fernanciifernancii Registered User new member
I'm looking for an old DOS game that uses buildings as the attacking units. I have no clue as to the name of the game but I do recall several features of it. The graphics are of a medieval/fantasy style. Perspective is a top down isometric simular to Command and Conquer, Starcraft and Warcraft. The land is, in most cases, "islands" that you have to build paths between in order to place new buildings further forward. The buildings are the actual units with different buildings for attack/defence as well as other activities (assuming I am recalling correctly). The only function the "people" serve is to gather resources need to build and power the buildings. The offensive buildings themselves include ones that have long range, uni-directional attacks, short range 360 degree attacks, mid range attacks that cover a limited angle. The only defensive building I can recall worked in groups of 2 or more and created a force field between them. The object of the game was to advance far enough into your opponent's territory to place buildings close enough destroy to the primary building (cannot remember what it was called). The gameplay itself was very much war and strategy.

Any help in finding the game would be appreciated.