As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] : The Colour Wheel - Day 9 - The Final Showdown - Cult Victory!

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Oh woah very odd vote close time for me

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm gonna go with the red kill is a vig and mafia has no kills only conversions

• Options
    So I vote for Austin

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Since I've entered long weekend I'm prob alright but will vote Auralynx just to have something down.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Now obviously some people have already admitted their sins but:

HALL OF SHAME
    @Virgil_Leads_You @Gizzy @JPants @Preda @MrTLicious @MrBlarney
    Please post more / vote so as to not be inactive again.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    Looks like I got my times wrong and failed to make a second post during game Day 1. Whoops.
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    Wonder what the not quite black name means about Cyth. Signed up rainbow, listed in host's OP in a beige color, eliminated as navy.

That color is my signup color, and what has been assigned to me in the OP. It's possible that everyone's colors are being swapped and combined, but it's too early to tell what the mechanics of this are. MagicPrime's kill color doesn't necessarily indicate a mafia, since the host has stated there is no traditional mafia. It could still be a vig, with the cult being purely conversion-based plus some secondary color manipulation powers. Interestingly, everyone has received a RGB-based color code rather than using any X11 color words. I'm not sure what to make of that yet.

Ah, I'm going to guess that since some people are colorless, their sign-up colors got mashed onto some of the rest of us to make a handful of two-colored players (as per the day 1 narration about "two-toned lords" implying the host won't be the only bicolored). So one of the many purple/magenta players is a colorless, I think.
    discrider wrote: »
    Signups (22):
    Brody
    Romantic Undead
    kime
    MagicPrime
    Vagrant_Winds
    MrTLicious

Day 1:
    MagicPrime

I'd still love to know what's up with Baidol's blank space on the host's player list. What does it mean?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So this game is weird...

Last night an annoying partygoer made me met someone, which I think means I got a seer result. Not sure how to drop the info into the public without hurting the village.

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    Yeah I'm gonna go with the red kill is a vig and mafia has no kills only conversions

why is your first reaction to someone being a possible vig to vote for them MrTLicious?

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    So this game is weird...

Last night an annoying partygoer made me met someone, which I think means I got a seer result. Not sure how to drop the info into the public without hurting the village.

Given conversion, if you are converted tonight the cult gets that knowledge so the best play may just be us outing any info we have publicly, knowing it's only valid for a day

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    So the colors I got were An annoying partygoer and I was introduced to premium.

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Sorry a out inactivity! Thought the day started 1 day later with a long day. Not sure how I got that confused. Will read thread and post something later.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    God so many Inactives. Thats really going to mess things up.

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    I'm gonna vote Virgil

Super active and roleplayer in last game, inactive thus far this game. No better leads for the moment, so good a reason as any.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I for one welcome our new inactive overlords.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options

MrTLicious wrote: »

why is your first reaction to someone being a possible vig to vote for them MrTLicious?

Conversions

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Everyone's still going to ignore the Baidol thing?

I mean, Austin was vig last game, so what are the odds he got it twice in a row?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm not. Baidol

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Mmm

Phalla story thoughts so far, - lets retire the detective,
    -hmm, guardsmen, two-toned lords, rainbow barons, so still feudal society setting
    -maybe a scene of a stuttering love confession by premium, with Virgil-kun, being suddenly whisked away for some mysterious duty
    -mech pilot?

-everyone's trapped in a feudal two-toned lord's mansion, so no mechs dammit!
    I'll figure something out my lovely romantic!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    OOooOoOoOoOooOoOoooOooOo

You guys suck :/

OOooOoOoOoOooOoOoooOooOo

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    Is there a reason why baidol isn't listed on the sign up in the original post?

• Options
    Yes.

• Options
    Is it due to host error or does it pertain to game mechanics?

• Options
    Well now, could it not be said that all my games are host errors?
    But in any case if it were an error I would have corrected it by now.

• Options
    OK, retracting Virgil
    Going to bed, uncertainty is not good for the non-cultists so Baidol

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I know this is going to sound rich coming from me as I was pushing the "let's talk about Baidol" thing earlier, but someone told me that he has an ability that prevents others from 'remembering what he looks like' but that he's a villager.

I gotta admit, I'm not entirely sure I trust that because what good does it do for a villager to have that ability?. But then, this is a devious mechanics kinda game with conversions and stuff, so who knows? At the very least I'd think some kind of neutral seems more plausible? Decide for yourselves folks, but I figured I should pass it on.

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    JPants

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I'm feeling the MrTlicious vote at the moment, but mostly so I'm sure I got one in if I get tied up tomorrow.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna vote Virgil

Super active and roleplayer in last game, inactive thus far this game. No better leads for the moment, so good a reason as any.
    OK, retracting Virgil
    Going to bed, uncertainty is not good for the non-cultists so Baidol

I see how it is, Romantic Undead

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm going to be nervious if the 2nd place person gets taken out by the vote instead of Baidol.

Maybe he's a ghost or figment of our imagination.

Or maybe he's trapped inside the Twilight Zone.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    MrT because he always seems apricots

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Suspicious. Damn you autocorrect

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    i really don't know how to interpret the baidol mechanic, so i guess this is a vote to see what happens there.

i'm also a bit skeptical of h3k's explanation for it.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Suspicious. Damn you autocorrect

Both are acceptable reasons for a vote. Apricots are weird.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Not a fan of Baidol since it seems way too obvious. As a host I can't imagine relying on a mechanic where people don't check the sign-up list.

corvidae is a part of that movement.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    I would like more information on baidol.

• Options
    Not a fan of Baidol since it seems way too obvious. As a host I can't imagine relying on a mechanic where people don't check the sign-up list.

corvidae is a part of that movement.

My approach is simple: things that are mysterious are bad for the uninformed majority. As part of that majority, I don't like it. Baidol himself has posted in the thread and offered no clarification or defense. Thus, I feel completely unmoved to change my vote.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Sorry ive been so quiet, got busy with some personal biz this weekend.
    Baidol seems like such an easy vote to sheep onto. Thats boring.
    I dont understand any part of GGs post about me being annoying or my name being blue.
    I will vote mrt

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    JPants

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    About 11 and a half hours remaining

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    The Baidol vote seems too obvious. The most suspicious part is his lack of a defense

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile