As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

8th world bonsai [chat]vention

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I never figured out why the US doesn't seem to do hatchbacks

I'd hate to give up the ability to fold the rear seats and get a big flat load area

I don't know how saloon owners move stuff about

americans are all about crossovers now
    its pretty terrible

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    I hate stirring peanut butter

It's not the time it takes it's the fact that it's like trying to stir cement and also oil inevitably sloshes everywhere

wandering on
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    syndalis wrote: »
    I see your agrees "Blameless Cleric" but this is mostly because a Democrat from Texas is the protagonist in the end, right?

The West Wing is one of my fave shows pretty much ever; I've seen it twice all the way through, and am most of the way through a 3rd rewatch at the moment.

But yes of course I would vote for Matt Santos every day for the rest of my life if I could t b h

Also I am deeply in love with C J Craig and want to marry her

Blameless Cleric on
    Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    We've been watching madam secretary and it seems pretty quaint

Like the Repub presidential candidate is derailed when he admits on a hot mic that he actually doesn't plan to tear up the Iran deal day 1 unless the Iranians violate the deal

And everyone is like omg his campaign is sunk

Ahh those heady days

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hi!

I just saw Dunkirk. It was a thing. One of Nolan's best.

Hi Atomika! <3

You gonna do a big write up on it for the movie thread eventually? I have only heard good things so far, definitely.

probably not

I put a mini-review up in the thread already, but I'm incredibly spoon deficient these days. I blame dysphoria, depression, and working an ungodly amount of hours, but I gotta keep on keepin' on until I've saved enough money.

Aww, fair enough <3 Stay strong friend, and keep your eyes on the prize!

that is my intent, for sure!

if I bust my ass heroically, I might be able to put another $10K aside before the new year

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Hi!

i should see this.

I like everything nolan has done. EVERYTHING

apparently some theaters are showing it in 70mm

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    dlinfiniti wrote: »

I'd hate to give up the ability to fold the rear seats and get a big flat load area

its pretty terrible

Two whole extra inches of ride height over your standard sedan, ensuring their drivers hydro-lock the engine even further out into the flooded street.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Speaking of political shows, they should put Yes, Prime Minister on a streaming service I pay for. The motherfuckers at Amazon lost their rights to stream it when I was halfway through the show.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Matt Santos is my, like, platonic ideal of a Texan

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Dunkirk is showing in 70mm near me

But going to see it would mean I'd have to leave the house

• Options
    wandering wrote: »

I saw it in that format, it's soooo good, go see it, pink cow

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

its pretty terrible

It's because there are no other choices.

Need more storage space then a sedan offers? It's Minivan or SUV or Crossover. Minivans are the cheapest. SUVs are stupid big and expensive. Crossovers are too stupidly expensive and SUV-esque but they drive better then minivans while still having actual space.

Hence a lot of crossovers. It's the the space you want that's most like a car, which is what a lot of people want.

If they'd bring back, like, fucking station wagons it would be lovely but car manufacturers mostly refuse to.

• Options
    Hi!

I saw it and awesomed because the writing was awesome and so are you.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Okay, west wing easily enters my top 10 favorite shows having finished it up.

what a great show.

Oh man and now you get to follow it with his greatest triumph

Studio 60 on the Sunset strip

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Cats?

JWezkYjl.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Dunkirk is good!? The trailers looked awful and the subject is pretty tedious at this point

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Dunkirk is good!? The trailers looked awful and the subject is pretty tedious at this point

It's a masterpiece

• Options

Like the Repub presidential candidate is derailed when he admits on a hot mic that he actually doesn't plan to tear up the Iran deal day 1 unless the Iranians violate the deal

Ahh those heady days

This is what The West Wing is like too.

I can't watch it cause it's too laughable to me.

• Options
    wandering wrote: »

I saw it in that format, it's soooo good, go see it, pink cow
    The other thing is that the theatre will not be showing it on like a fuck-off-huge screen or anything and my eyesight isn't perfect either

I saw Hateful Eight in 70mm at that same theatre, and the picture was maybe a little more vivid but i was not necessarily blown away by the experience

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    shryke wrote: »

Ahh those heady days

nah, west wing is fine because I lived during a time when politics were still shity, but at least had an order of operations and civility was a thing.

I am pretty sure I started this watchthrough in november as a coping mechanism for what was to come.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    And Nolan is totally into drowning

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I like that the scandals in that show are so 90s/early 2000s

A photo of Santos wife wearing low rise jeans! Monocle pop!

Where is the Russian treason and blatant for profit presidency

I NEED MORE

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

It's a masterpiece

There's basically no way I'll get to a cinema while it's airing but I will check it out on netflix

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I NEED MORE

well...
    photo of the santos' fucking so hard it broke the bed seems pretty extreme even by today's standards.

by extreme I mean awesome

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Hi!

I saw it and awesomed because the writing was awesome and so are you.

d'aww

• Options
    Hateful 8 vistas looked so good in 70mm

I was right in the center with the screen low mid point at eye level and it just swept over me. Thankfully there was an intermission because I had to pee!

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Ahh those heady days

nah, west wing is fine because I lived during a time when politics were still shity, but at least had an order of operations and civility was a thing.

I am pretty sure I started this watchthrough in november as a coping mechanism for what was to come.

The civility of past politics depends entirely on where you were coming from.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I would like an estate/wagon

I'm eyeing up the Dacia Logan, but in petrol format it apparently isn't very good, and the hammer is probably about to come down on diesels

rCyvk8R.jpg

• Options

I NEED MORE

well...
    photo of the santos' fucking so hard it broke the bed seems pretty extreme even by today's standards.

Hahaha I thought of that one but left it out

It was amazing.

• Options

it's not really about the war at all in any capacity of specificity

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

its pretty terrible

My car is the Mazda 2 compact hatchback, which has only been sold in the US for two non-contiguous years (2012 and 2014), not counting the year they licensed the platform to Scion.

Mazda just doesn't sell enough of them in the US. Everybody wants their crossover instead.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options

It's a masterpiece

There's basically no way I'll get to a cinema while it's airing but I will check it out on netflix

It's worth seeing in the theater if you magically are able

• Options
    It seems like we did get Matt Santos for president in Obama only Michelle was an even smarter power lawyer.

Fuck I want to watch the actually live debate episode again now

But I need you to watch studio 60

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

I presume that non UK audiences are probably less likely to have heard the story ad nauseam and it probably isn't a favourite anecdote of right wingers elsewhere.

• Options
    edited July 2017

Ahh those heady days

I lived through The West Wing being live on TV. If you actually knew anything about american politics, it was a joke. A frequently well written joke, but still a joke.

Sorkin loves his big gestures and compromises and shit but let's be serious here: it ran straight through the Bush v Gore election and the Bush years. Those were not times where those kind of ideas had any bearing on how people acted if you really paid attention to politics.

I'm not saying the show is bad, I'm just saying it's hard to watch if you were a political junkie imo.

shryke on
  • Options

I NEED MORE

well...

Knowing now about the oppo research on Bush that the Gore campaign turned over it the FBI does put the West Wing briefcase subplot in a new light.

• Options
    It seems like we did get Matt Santos for president in Obama only Michelle was an even smarter power lawyer.

Fuck I want to watch the actually live debate episode again now

But I need you to watch studio 60

why? I am not really into the premise... is it really that good?

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    I think we all lived through the west wing, bro.

• Options
    Hateful 8 vistas looked so good in 70mm

I was right in the center with the screen low mid point at eye level and it just swept over me. Thankfully there was an intermission because I had to pee!
    I feel like that intermission was deliberately timed so that a lot of the men in the audience would wind up flanked on either side by penises right after that one scene

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    The popular view of Dunkirk as a massive win for the Allies is such a masterstroke of war time propaganda.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.