Options

Shadowrun updates

2»

• Options
    HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I hope you guys all buy it and it does really well, so they bring out a Combat Biker sequel.

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    FreddyD wrote: »
    I heard the PC version is seriously flawed. Has anyone here played the PC beta? Is it really going to be Vista only?
    Vista only, reading on various game-sites it looks like the pc-version is a crap conversion from the 360. If its priced like a 360 game I doubt anyone will buy the pc-version.

Is there a site with what races, weapons & implants do? (along with stats on said items).

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I think that MS isn't encouraging people to get vista so much as its encouraging people to buy a 360.

If this were an XP game, for example, I could run it fine, but for vista, I would have to upgrade my PC to cope with vista itself.

I'm looking into buying a 360 anyhow, though, so this game goes on the list.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is simply another game that the PA community will drop after a week.

Endomatic on
  • Options
    Kerbob97Kerbob97 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    regarding the cross platform play:
    in talks with the devs, it sounds like the game is pretty even footing between pc and 360.

The communication is great. They set the d pad up with:
    move to location
    need backup at location
    and another that tells the team what you see at your location.

This should be required on all games. No more "uh yeah there's a guy at the boxes..err power supply thing.. you know the " junk.

plus when you are dead, you have the player need rez at location.
    with the dead talk feature, you can get them to the general area, plus there is an indicator on their screen.

Kerbob97 on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I only see 3 cross-platform specific achievments. And unless there's a tag, (hopefully) you won't even know you're playing a guy on Vista

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    There's a pretty interesting article over at IGN about Shadowruns development process and why certain things were changed, included and excluded. I know a lot of the PnP people are upset about the changes, but I think it gives a pretty good reasoning as to why they made the changes.

IGN link

Also, screw a cat Master chief helmet! I want a troll mask!

Kerbob97 on
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    im really interested in this, but i tend to suck hard at multiplayer fps'.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm interested in this game.

Tycho compared it to Tribes. Have you played those games? Can you compare the two? I really loved the customization in that game and the different roles you could take on.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    @Arsenic - I remember Tribes.
    This actually does remind me of Tribes somewhat.
    Definitely roles and customization of your character.
    Each race has its own advantages and disadvantages, and you can enhance or nullify them depending on how you spend your money.

Kerbob97 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    June 1:st release date.(Cant find a news item in english, but swedish online stores also have the june 1:st date as "confirmed").

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So anyone going to pick it up? I finally decided to go ahead and get it.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I cant justify the price - content ratio espically when I know I'll have to pay for new maps.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Doesn't a demo come out early June? Is the full game going to be out already when the demo hits? I'm looking forward to it, but I may have to wait till the end of June I'll be busy for the next month.

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AshendarkAshendark Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    warder808 wrote: »
    Doesn't a demo come out early June? Is the full game going to be out already when the demo hits? I'm looking forward to it, but I may have to wait till the end of June I'll be busy for the next month.

I heard the demo will be released June 6th but I can't find my source.

Ashendark on
    Ashendark.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Ashendark wrote: »
    warder808 wrote: »

I heard the demo will be released June 6th but I can't find my source.

http://forums.shadowrun.com/forums/thread/58555.aspx

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Latest I have heard for the release date is May 29th, so the demo will not be out first.

The really sad thing is, I am enjoying the H3 Beta, but I keep thinking of how some things in Shadowrun are better executed.

Namely the communication. Push on the D pad to team talk vs. push in a direction to communicate exactly what you want.

Not having to describe shit and listen to a high pitched feedback every time I try to communicate? Yes please!

With SR, you push to communicate, need backup at the location you are looking at, moving to, or exactly what you see. It also pops up on the Hud, and stays for a second or two.
    When you die you push up and it states "Kerbob97 needs rez wherever the hell you are" and displays an icon on your screen.

Also, if I can have wired reflexes in SR, and make a big damn lumbering troll hurry his slow ass along, why can't the Master Chief in Halo move faster than a geriatric turtle using a walker. Thank god for the mancannon. Is it just me, or does everyone else think MC needs a little caffeine or something?

At any rate, looking forward to the retail version and the improved chaingun.

Kerbob97 on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I just got the strategy guide today when I went to reserve the game, and thumbing through it, I just got more excited for the game.
    I know that 9 maps and three types of games seems like too little, but there just seems to be so much diversity in the game, that if it builds a decent size community, I'm sure things will be kept interesting.

And Kerbob, I'm glad to hear their communication system is as good as I was hoping for. When I read that section in the guide, I thought "Neat..that sounds really cool if it's pulled off right." Sounds like it did.

Finally, looking through some old news, I read that the game will be using a similar party system to Halo, allowing friends to play together in ranked games. In such a team intensive game such as this one, this is a HUGE blessing.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    any new(ish) gameplay videos?

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What's weird is, over here in Australia, the game is being priced as a cheap Xbox 360 game.
    What's up with that, I wonder?

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    any new(ish) gameplay videos?

http://www.gamespy.com/video/av.html?dlURL=xbox360movies.gamespy.com/xbox360/video/article/792/792190/shadowrun_templegrounds_051507_flvhighwide.flv&object_ID=760844

Shows gameplay in two maps. They spam the tree of life magic, but there is a good part where it shows how bullets can be deflected with a katana and wired reflexes, and how good smoke can be.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Those videos look cool.

The communication system in this game is one of the main things that Im looking forward to. It is very difficult to let teammates know where and when stuff is happening if you or they dont know the map inside and out. Even if you do have that level of knowledge, if you get a little flustered under fire you can mess up your communication. When I read that you can just hit a button and let your teammates know where everything is going down I thought it was really awesome.

How many powers/tech can you take with you into battle? How do you activate them?

warder808 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The powers/tech are actually bought at the start of each round. Think counter-strike.

You can assign any to three buttons (LT,LB,RB), with the rest being acessed through a radial menu. You can switch out which ones you have quick acess to at any time.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So, this being released by Microsoft, is it street-dated for today? Because if so, I'm gonna go pick it up today.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    No its not street dated so you wont see it in stores till tomorrow likley

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    BLEEEH. I hope this isn't the case with Forza either. Both are supposed to be out by today.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Don't think so, neither are street dated up here and if it was street dated they would be out up here today too.

And "supposed to be out" you sure you don't mean ships today, like 95% of all games?

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Flipping through the Best Buy ad I saw this listed for $45. I was all "hells yes, I'll pick it up for that." Upon further inspection it was revealed to me, through the use of my eyes, that the PC version is $45 while the 360 version is $60. Now, I say this with all due love and respect, fuck you, Microsoft. Fuck you long, fuck you hard.

I can't believe Forza 2 and Shadowrun are being released the same week. I would have thought MS would hold Shadowrun until a dry spell hit so more people would be willing to take a chance on buying it. Selling it for a full $60 is just retarded. Most reviewers are going to ding its score because of cost vs. content. In six months, one year, whenever the game hits $40 some people will go "huh, maybe I'll pick that up, I wonder what the review score was." Then they will jump on IGN and see the score the game was given based on the full $60 price and possibly decide not to buy it. Not to mention an entirely ONLINE game needs a nice big, or at least dedicated, user base. They should have gone for a lower price and tried to make up the difference with downloadable content. You know everyone who buys the game has online so you could be reasonable assured that any DLC would sell like hotcakes as long as the DLC wasn't crap.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So I just looked through the flyers for both Best Buy and Futureshop, the game is only 60$ up here which is REALLY weird because if its 60 in the us it should be 70$ up here. I may actually pick it up now if its this cheap at EB with my Super Paper Mario trade in credit.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Don't think so, neither are street dated up here and if it was street dated they would be out up here today too.

And "supposed to be out" you sure you don't mean ships today, like 95% of all games?

Gamestop does that. Other stores seem to have it in by today.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    GinsaneGinsane Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    There are two shadowrun threads....
    Don't know which to post in...
    I wish there were reviews out on this game, or something.

Ginsane on
    Live!: Burnout Cowboy - DS: Too many.
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, I still can't believe there are no reviews out for the game yet.
    Maybe tomorrow or later tonight?

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I am getting interested in this game after some of the recent videos.

Might pick it up. Love to see the franchise in use again.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Suriko wrote: »
    Kerbob97 wrote: »
    Give this thing an honest unbiased shot and you should be pleasantly suprised.

Pretty much what I intend to do. I'll be darned if I'm going to let a title make me miss out on a fun game.

Come to think of it, a Splinter-Cell-esque SR FPS would be rather neat. You could even have other runners in the game, with the ability to take control of their senses to get an idea of what they're doing and remotely send commands.

Maybe they'll find a use for a "decker" in this freaky alternate history, buy wireless cameras and a player in a computer room somewhere can act in the way a dedicated Command Circuit player in Tribes 2 plays.

Oh, goddamn it, Microsoft, you stupid stupid bastard, you are killing Vista's Live, and a license at the same time,

minigunwielder on