As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] 30th Anniversary Fest Tonight! Free 30 pull to get you started.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I honestly thought about doing a pull on VI-1, but after seeing Yuffie's new stuff I'm going all in on water.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    How does your son always manage to one-up your pulls?

In the business we call it "little kid luck."

I don't know, but I can handle the swings better than he can, so it's fine with me

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    2/11:

Greg's USB (Which I totally thought was Ramza's USB, and I was super excited for)
    Papal... Papylmo? Enochian Fire, which I understand is a super solid BSB.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    2/11:

Greg's USB (Which I totally thought was Ramza's USB, and I was super excited for)
    Papal... Papylmo? Enochian Fire, which I understand is a super solid BSB.

Only the best magic fire BSB in the game, no big deal

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    5/11 with a disco!
    Barrett BSB
    Basch BSB
    Strago BSB
    Larsa BSB (my first astra)
    Yuffie USB

No dupes and a boost to water damage for stupid living flame. I like it.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Alt account

3/11 with a disco
    OK BSB (Dupe)
    Nine BSB
    Tidus Chain (Goes nicely with his OSB and BSB)

I probably need to stop pulling on this account, just because I don't play it much, and it makes me forget which account has which items.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Leeks wrote: »
    5/11 with a disco!
    Barrett BSB
    Basch BSB
    Strago BSB
    Larsa BSB (my first astra)
    Yuffie USB

No dupes and a boost to water damage for stupid living flame. I like it.

Well thats the best pull in the thread by far.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Ugh, I'm starting to get really salty about these fest banners.

Now that I fully understand how useless Squall's USB is, I don't think I can pull on Banner 3 anymore. There are four items I want (the other three ice things and Zidane's USB), barely any consolation prizes (Zidane BSB2 and Eiko BSB would be okay I guess but they're marginal upgrades over stuff I already have), and two items that might actively reduce my enjoyment of the game if I got them (I do not want Cloud shackled to my parties). Is that even any better than any number of random event banners anymore?

And banner 4 has fewer outright duds, but I don't know how much of it is really transformative. How much would, like, Vaan USB or Curilla BSB or Reks BSB actually help my team-building?

I'm a hair's breadth away from skipping this whole mess of a fest, but if I do that it will mean I'll have gone five fucking months--or however long it was between the end of the last fest and the start of the Rydia event--only pulling on one banner. A hundred mythril into Faris/Bartz. If I don't get something really cool tomorrow I'm going to be jonesing for a pull with 400 mythril burning a hole in my pocket and nowhere satisfying to put it. I needed Super Fest so bad.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    Sick pull on the lucky banner, 3/11 with a disco!

Cid (IV) bsb, Freya bsb, and Rinoa CSB! All of them seem great, Rinoa is my first ice soul break and it seems like a tough element to get

The Cid bsb is disturbingly good

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Wyvern wrote: »

Now that I fully understand how useless Squall's USB is, I don't think I can pull on Banner 3 anymore. There are four items I want (the other three ice things and Zidane's USB), barely any consolation prizes (Zidane BSB2 and Eiko BSB would be okay I guess but they're marginal upgrades over stuff I already have), and two items that might actively reduce my enjoyment of the game if I got them (I do not want Cloud shackled to my parties). Is that even any better than any number of random event banners anymore?

And banner 4 has fewer outright duds, but I don't know how much of it is really transformative. How much would, like, Vaan USB or Curilla BSB or Reks BSB actually help my team-building?

I'm a hair's breadth away from skipping this whole mess of a fest, but if I do that it will mean I'll have gone five fucking months--or however long it was between the end of the last fest and the start of the Rydia event--only pulling on one banner. A hundred mythril into Faris/Bartz. If I don't get something really cool tomorrow I'm going to be jonesing for a pull with 400 mythril burning a hole in my pocket and nowhere satisfying to put it. I needed Super Fest so bad.

There's the free 30 pull too.

And the two draws where you get to select a BSB.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

There's the free 30 pull too.

And the two draws where you get to select a BSB.
    I'm trying not to get too excited about the 30-pull, since there's no USBs or CSBs on it and not a lot of OSBs are still useful to me. Plus there's no way I'm spending 30 bucks on the one choice banner, and I've been leaning more and more towards skipping the mythril one. I already have Vanille's BSB, so what else is good on there? Cloud of Darkness for Radiant Shield? Prishe for filler non-elemental damage? (Assuming they don't change it, anyway.)

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Huh, looks like I'm 16/99 on the next lucky. Didn't realize I had so many 6* items.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    That gem-only Select-A-BSB pull is probably my best chance at an Ice or Water relic, isn't it? I still kinda want to spend it on something silly like Edgar BSB or niche like Golbez BSB.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular

For what it's worth, if you wind up not spending anything during the fest, here's what you can look forward to in terms of events.

FFVI currently. FFDissidia. FFXV. FFII (where they introduce the D-listiest of D-list characters), FFIII (Aria introduction, Arc BSB2, Refia/CoD/Desch USBs). FFVIII (Kiros and Ward, no Squall/Rinoa), FFVII (Rude and Elena) FFIV (Kain/Ceodore BFF USBs, Golbez/Rydia USBs, Ursula is better than her dad), FFX (This is Tidus' Story), FFTA (would've been a major mythril vacuum if TGCid two months later didn't derail it off the mountain with an 18-wheeler) FFIX (another D-list character addition, Eiko's Legend Dive tied to them) FFXII (Aaaaaashe!)

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I have pulled seven items with Overstrikes. Three of those seven items were dupes. Looking forward to pulling my fourth copy of Lightning's OSB on that banner.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    I have pulled seven items with Overstrikes. Three of those seven items were dupes. Looking forward to pulling my fourth copy of Lightning's OSB on that banner.

I'm looking forward to my fifth Beatrix OSB.

• Options

For what it's worth, if you wind up not spending anything during the fest, here's what you can look forward to in terms of events.

FFVI currently. FFDissidia. FFXV. FFII (where they introduce the D-listiest of D-list characters), FFIII (Aria introduction, Arc BSB2, Refia/CoD/Desch USBs). FFVIII (Kiros and Ward, no Squall/Rinoa), FFVII (Rude and Elena) FFIV (Kain/Ceodore BFF USBs, Golbez/Rydia USBs, Ursula is better than her dad), FFX (This is Tidus' Story), FFTA (would've been a major mythril vacuum if TGCid two months later didn't derail it off the mountain with an 18-wheeler) FFIX (another D-list character addition, Eiko's Legend Dive tied to them) FFXII (Aaaaaashe!)
    Oh, there's fuckloads of awesome events coming. Rydia banner is a bit chasey, admittedly, but the Terra/Locke/Celes banner is dupeless and loaded, the Ashe USB banner is dupeless and full of consolation prizes, FFTA has some good stuff (I think I still like it better than the next one, popular opinion be damned), several decent-or-better ice banners...it's just all 2+ months away and I've already been waiting for stuff for so long.

• Options
    I've managed to save up to 900 at one point, before the FFXIV with Y'sh's burst on it.

It gets a little bit easier knowing the current banners are trap-loaded, but seeing dupeless banners ahead.

• Options
    What does Kain's USB do?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Hrm, apparently Aphmau's USB is better than I gave it credit for. Anyone else have it and can share their experience with using it in Magicite?

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    What does Kain's USB do?

.71 x 10 jump attacks, enlightning, atk/def +30%, and instant jumps. I think VII Cid eventually gets a wind clone.

• Options
    What does Kain's USB do?

Kain USB: Ten single ranged jump attacks (0,71 each), ATK and DEF +30% to the user for 25 seconds, grants Attach Lightning and Instant Jump Attacks to the user
    For laughs, Ceodore's USB: Ten single attacks (0,72 each), ATK and RES +30% to the user for 25 seconds, grants Attach Holy and Sentinel to the user

The best benefit of pulling Kain's USB is it's a 6* all realms +lightning spear. No need to hold on to his burst spear anymore.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    3/11, no discos, sad day -

Lann BSB (oh neat, an Enfire)
    Desch BSB (oh neat, an Enlightning)
    DAGGER BSB (woo, +10 MAG)

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »

One of the best stat sticks in the entire game, at least

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »

One of the best stat sticks in the entire game, at least

Desch would love that thing.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm trying not to get too excited about the 30-pull, since there's no USBs or CSBs on it and not a lot of OSBs are still useful to me.
    I'm pretty sure USBs and CSBs are in the pool. It's just that the singular guaranteed relic is going to be an OSB.

Granted that means it's entirely possible to go OSB/30 or just get some random jank SSBs, but I'm still excited.

• Options
    Got my 4th Wendigo; on to the event stages!

• Options
    edited September 2017
    If there's one OSB I actually want, it's Vayne's. High ATK and MAG on a sword that is +dark in all realms. The stats unfortunately lean towards ATK for purposes of augmenting, so it's less useful on a caster like Golbez, but natural 6* is still better than even an 8* +dark weapon like his own BSB, before synergy.

Though if you have an 8* Zeromus Shard, augmenting it makes it better. :P

El Fantastico on

• Options
    A lot of the future banners seem pretty chasey to me. UOnion is amazing, obviously, and I'm definitely reserving at least 100 for that. I'm in the camp that the FFTA-1 looks better than the TGCid one, although they're pretty similar so it largely comes down to Ramza/Agrias's stuff vs Alma's stuff. I'll likely be tossing at least a little there. Not much else is too tempting to me though. MAYBE the Type-0 one because Queen is a nutso lightning spellblade, but the chase side of that is only mitigated by Ace's USB also being there.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I pulled for Vayne stuff alongside Fran stuff, but only got his LMR and his En-Dark SSB. Having his OSB/BSB would make him my one-stop shop for Darkness abilities (he has 35% doublecast Darkness) which I've always wanted to hone.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    4/11

Ingus BSB
    Leon BSB (dupe)
    Gafgarrion BSB (dupe)
    Dorgann BSB (dupe)

Well

• Options
    If I use a reverse wall effect like Lion BSB or Cid (IV) BSB, can I get around needing to constantly RW the wall? I wonder whether a reverse wall + proshellga is enough to let me run cloud USB instead

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Oh, didn't realize no USBs or CSBs on the 30-pull. That's disappointing.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

I have 6 OSBs with 2 of them being dupes. At least we will deal with it together! Personally I am wondering how many copies of Bartz OSB I will end up with.

• Options
    MummBrah wrote: »
    If I use a reverse wall effect like Lion BSB or Cid (IV) BSB, can I get around needing to constantly RW the wall? I wonder whether a reverse wall + proshellga is enough to let me run cloud USB instead

Neither of those are "reverse walls"

And the mitigation provided by an Atk/Mag break is nowhere near the amount provided by wall.

And it depends on how your healing or other mitigation is.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    CorranCorran VARegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    So I picked up Shadow's BSB in the lucky draw.

Is the universe telling me to give up a pull on banner 5 for VI?

Or is his BSB + the new ninja commands good enough on their own without his USB.

Corran on
  • Options

And the mitigation provided by an Atk/Mag break is nowhere near the amount provided by wall.

What qualifies as a reverse wall? I see that term used occasionally and just assumed it was bsb with a major multibreak + stacking single break

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

What qualifies as a reverse wall? I see that term used occasionally and just assumed it was bsb with a major multibreak + stacking single break

Reverse wall is typically considered a large Atk/Mag break combined into one action.

• Options
    Corran wrote: »
    So I picked up Shadow's BSB in the lucky draw.

Is the universe telling me to give up a pull on banner 5 for VI?

Or is his BSB + the new ninja commands good enough on their own without his USB.

Apparently en-element and doublecast LM beats out the USB chase after the ninja skill buff, though it wouldn't hurt to stack all of them.

• Options

Reverse wall is typically considered a large Atk/Mag break combined into one action.

This discussion has been closed.