As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] The FAQ has arrived

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I think Leman Russ is almost certainly coming back as well. The fluff has rumors about the 13th legion reappearing from the Eye of Terror. I think The Lion will be next, especially with the Dark Angels codex just releasing, and then Russ, maybe before the Spaces Wolves codex next year.

My bet is that Russ is the next loyal Primarch getting released and that he's coming alongside the Space Wolf codex.

I mean, that's probably not a safe bet but I have the feeling that he's more likely to be next than the Dark Angels Primarch.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    The only "confirmed" dead primarchs are Horus, Kurze, Sanguinius, & Ferrus Manus.

At least those are the ones that they would have the hardest time bringing back. Everybody else kind of fucked off to do their own thing.

Also re: primaris replacing minimarines - in the Dark Imperium novel Guilliman just kind of flat out says minimarines are a dying breed.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Ferrus Manus coming back as a Dreadnought would be the tightest shit though.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ferrus Manus coming back as a Dreadnought would be the tightest shit though.

Well it is in line with the iron hands dogma

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Fabius Bile made a bunch of Horus clones, one of those could still be alive. Kurze never had a confirmed kill, but that would be a pretty dumb one to walk back. Sanguinius is Space Jesus so him coming back wouldn’t be that bad and has an out in the Sanguinor. Ferrus Manus is deader than dead for sure though.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    All the Horus clones lacked his soul though, because his soul was destroyed by the emperor. He was basically erased from existence.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Bring back Alpharius.

I still say the novel where he died
    it wasn't him, it was the other Marine tricked to think he was Alpharius and Alpharius thought he was the other marine.

But I am an Alpha Marine fanboy, so.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Lion still being alive isn't even new fluff I think. As far as I remember that's been n older editions of the codex, too.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Lion been chilling in the middle of the rock since...well at least whatever edition the double feature angels of death codex was for blood angels codex

• Options
    Heck, Sanguinius’ body is just hanging out in stasis on Baal. They could stuff his soul back in there anytime and he’s good to go. Though I guess he’d have to get a big goofy suit of Cawl armor like Guilliman with robo-wings to haul it around.

Khan, Corax, Lion, Russ, Vulkan, they’re all just missing and ready to go anytime. Stitch Ferrus’s severed head to all the little remnants of Dorn floating in space and you could maybe make one more Primarch from the bits.

• Options
    So this happened over Christmas for anyone who hasn't seen it yet:

https://youtu.be/JPmbsRqlyng

Also pictures of the new great unclean one are on the community page.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    If Nurgle wasn't so ugly....

I hope this is the year of sex,drugs, and rock n' roll. Come on GW let's get our party on.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I hope this is the year of sex,drugs, and rock n' roll. Come on GW let's get our party on.

If Slaanesh gets a decent update there's a very good chance that I might properly start a Chaos army.

Which means I'm excited but that my wallet is also crying very loudly.

• Options
    Burnage wrote: »

If Slaanesh gets a decent update there's a very good chance that I might properly start a Chaos army.

Things we know:

1)Fulgrim is awake and currently probably top of the list for the next Chaos Primarch
    2)Emp's Children Line is due for a big update
    3)Slaanesh daemons are finally getting neat rules in Age of Sigmar so maybe that will help

I want my primarch and I want them to burn all the fucking finecast molds to the ground and finally update my chaos line like they did for Death Guard and 1k Sons.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    The only two I don't want to come back are Horus and Sanguinus. Their deaths seem to important to undo, at least for now. If they come back then the Big E is probably not far behind.

Manus loved tech, I bet his chapter has a way to bring him back. But his death was also important, so he can stay dead imo.
    Alpharius and Omegaon, well how can you even be sure either died?
    Kruz was never confirmed.

I'd loved to see one or two Primarchs switch sides, personally.

• Options
    Ferrus should come back as a dreadnought.

So my newb self got his TSons heads caved in by a buddy playing Blood Angels. He must've had half his army waiting to drop in on me and 3d6 charging fools who can't be Overwatched hurt. I had no real chance (because I am newb and I am bad, admittedly).

Also rolled like crap when it came to psyker powers.

• Options
    The only two I don't want to come back are Horus and Sanguinus. Their deaths seem to important to undo, at least for now. If they come back then the Big E is probably not far behind.

Manus loved tech, I bet his chapter has a way to bring him back. But his death was also important, so he can stay dead imo.

So what we have been told through community stuff and such.

Sanguinus, Horus, and Kruze are confirmed KIA.

Manus is also confirmed but they were more mum on it.

One primarch from each side will swap. So one Chaos primarch is actually loyal and one loyal primarch is actually corrupt.

We know also:

1)The Lion is healed and alive in stasis under the DA HQ.
    2)Fulgrim is awake and spoke to Guilliman taunting him after his resurrection
    3)Russ is also alive, maybe a full on wulfen now.
    4)Angron was banished but with the warp going nuts could come back.

We don't know where Perturabo of the Iron Legion is. Dorn technically is MIA. Alpha Legion is well who knows at this point, we are all Alpharius. Lorgar is around and kind of kicking it with the dark gods.

Also clones, Bile has cloned Horus once, who says he can't clone another primarch.

*cough* Dorn *cough*

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Ferrus should come back as a dreadnought.

So my newb self got his TSons heads caved in by a buddy playing Blood Angels. He must've had half his army waiting to drop in on me and 3d6 charging fools who can't be Overwatched hurt. I had no real chance (because I am newb and I am bad, admittedly).

Also rolled like crap when it came to psyker powers.

BA codex just dropped.

Is mean as all get out with the whole +1 to wound rolls thing.

And has a lot of tools to get in your face fast.

1k Sons are pretty expensive and underpowered right now and need a lot of support they won't get till their codex drops I feel.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

One primarch from each side will swap. So one Chaos primarch is actually loyal and one loyal primarch is actually corrupt.

We know also:

We don't know where Perturabo of the Iron Legion is. Dorn technically is MIA. Alpha Legion is well who knows at this point, we are all Alpharius. Lorgar is around and kind of kicking it with the dark gods.

Also clones, Bile has cloned Horus once, who says he can't clone another primarch.

*cough* Dorn *cough*

Where's the two primarchs will swap stuff coming from?

• Options
    honovere wrote: »

We know also:

*cough* Dorn *cough*

We know also:

*cough* Dorn *cough*

A prophecy or something. I would have to ask my 40k club.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular

Things we know:

1)Fulgrim is awake and currently probably top of the list for the next Chaos Primarch
    3)Slaanesh daemons are finally getting neat rules in Age of Sigmar so maybe that will help

I want my primarch and I want them to burn all the fucking finecast molds to the ground and finally update my chaos line like they did for Death Guard and 1k Sons.

Man you know i’m right there with you but if you don’t think we’re behind Angron and a Khorne/World Eaters redo, you are a much more optimistic person than I am.

In other news I hope everyone had a great Xmas!
    Anyone get any good loot?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Any chance they're going to bring back the two unnamed primarchs in any way?
    I mean, it seems like the season for big changes, I can't think of a much bigger change to the status quo then finding out where the two forgotten primarchs have been hanging out for the past few thousand years.

• Options
    I doubt it. Everything I've ever read seems to make the two lost Primarchs out as being that way so players can create their own stories.

• Options
    Dayspring wrote: »

Things we know:

Man you know i’m right there with you but if you don’t think we’re behind Angron and a Khorne/World Eaters redo, you are a much more optimistic person than I am.

In other news I hope everyone had a great Xmas!
    Anyone get any good loot?

I got a kindle fire which is to let me watch stuff while painting.

I don't think Angron is up. They have been pointing towards Fulgrim in the fluff way more than Angron. Plus Angron is basically a giant big bad Bloodthirster. More fun to have Fulgrim in his huge snake form glory.

So far we have Magnus/Space Wolves and Guilliman/Moratorian.

Fulgrim/Russ or Fulgrim/Lion would make a good amount of sense I think. The first as they come out of the warp fighting. The second with EC joining together to hit the DA Fortress world where the Lion is sleeping.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I gifted myself Mortarion, a 2nd Plagueburst Crawler, 7 more plague marines, nurglings, and a daemon prince

That gets me to 2000

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    The only "confirmed" dead primarchs are Horus, Kurze, Sanguinius, & Ferrus Manus.

At least those are the ones that they would have the hardest time bringing back. Everybody else kind of fucked off to do their own thing.

Also re: primaris replacing minimarines - in the Dark Imperium novel Guilliman just kind of flat out says minimarines are a dying breed.

The devestation of baal book points to that as well. Even before baal was nearly wiped clean by the tyranids they were having harder and harder time making new space marines and the blood rage issues were getting harder and worse over time. Some of the blood angels were somewhat upset at the thought of primaris being basically ultramarines in red armor but not only does the primaris treatment not have or at least greatly mitigate the downsides of the various chapters geneseeds but they seem to be able to use it on a larger range of candidates even ones who previously were found to be to borderline to survive the treatment or in other ways non viable candidates.

I have to imagine the primaris are probably closer to what the emperor intended in the first place. I can't imagine he wanted the various defects that plagued the various gene seed lines.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Lion still being alive isn't even new fluff I think. As far as I remember that's been n older editions of the codex, too.

I believe even in their first codex they mention him being alive in stasis but say when he is needed again he will awaken.

• Options
    kaid wrote: »

The devestation of baal book points to that as well. Even before baal was nearly wiped clean by the tyranids they were having harder and harder time making new space marines and the blood rage issues were getting harder and worse over time. Some of the blood angels were somewhat upset at the thought of primaris being basically ultramarines in red armor but not only does the primaris treatment not have or at least greatly mitigate the downsides of the various chapters geneseeds but they seem to be able to use it on a larger range of candidates even ones who previously were found to be to borderline to survive the treatment or in other ways non viable candidates.

I have to imagine the primaris are probably closer to what the emperor intended in the first place. I can't imagine he wanted the various defects that plagued the various gene seed lines.

Yeah, the fact that these men are so loyal to a man who would completely hate them and cast them aside is both sad and hilarious.

• Options
    If Sanguinius ever does come back, I could see him having fallen to Khorne.

I kind of want that to happen just to see how the fanbase would react.

• Options

I want the Daemon Prince Russ thing that got released to be true.

Chaos Wolves for all!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Alpharius is the obvious Loyalist turncoat.

Almost too obvious.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Alpharius switching sides would make them Chaos. But them officially going loyalist would be the easiest jump since they're generally the least mutated legion.

My guess would be loyalist Alpharius and traitor Lion, based on nothing whatsoever other than the fact that both of those things are basically already true.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    Traitor Lion leading a more fleshed out Fallen army would be pretty great.

And the Alpha Legion would never just suddenly do a full on good guy switch, but they could work by assisting the Imperium from the shadows. After all, Alpharius and his Legion just vanished to the galaxy’s underground. Today, still wanted by the Imperium, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the A-Team."

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Badablack wrote: »
    Traitor Lion leading a more fleshed out Fallen army would be pretty great.

... let me tell you about Dark Angels.

Mayday on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Considering Alpharius had a twin brother (Omegon?) I could see one of them rejoining the imperium

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Mmm... picked up The Warmaster last night.

It's been like eight years! What the fuck, Dan Abnett?

Seriously having a hard time remembering all these characters.

Now fork over Ravenor v. Eisenhorn 2. Double... uh... octuple time!

• Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Mmm... picked up The Warmaster last night.

It's been like eight years! What the fuck, Dan Abnett?

Seriously having a hard time remembering all these characters.

Now fork over Ravenor v. Eisenhorn 2. Double... uh... octuple time!

You mean you haven't reread all 13 books or whatever every time a new release date for warmaster was announced?

PFFT.

(The book was awesome, he needs a faster turn around for the next!)

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

I want the Daemon Prince Russ thing that got released to be true.

Chaos Wolves for all!

The Space Wolves are already mutants/tolerate mutation in their ranks and have a really over the top love of murdering other astartes.

With their title as Reigning Standout Hypocrites of the Galaxy, you'd think the other loyalists would've adopted a 100% side-eye approach with the old wolfy-wolves.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I think the Dark Angels are probably less trusted than the Space Wolves, as far as astartes are concerned.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    Yeah, which is insane.

Some of the Dark Angels went renegade/chaos?

A large number of Space Wolves, ya know- the guys who threw a blood orgy on another chapter's homeworld, are straight up mutants. Just... werewolves. And they are SUPER non-codex.

Good lookin out there, astartes.

This discussion has been closed.