Options

[ARK: Survival Evolved] All hail the gunasaurus

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    Today's Boss fight done! Broodmother trashed!

https://imgur.com/a/NaP5u

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    If I had remembered, I totally would have shown up to watch and throw a spear and get killed and serve as a momentary distraction for you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    There's meant to be an encore tomorrow at 6 PM PST, if you still feel like dying horribly.

Or I could add you to the tribe alliance, you could use or borrow a flyer that you can use guns from the back of, and contribute just enough to get all the tekgrams. :wink:

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    BeornKBeornK Registered User regular
    pierce, I'm pretty sure you need to live to get the engrams. There should be enough critters coming to at least take the lowest level boss.

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    I'm actually not going to be around anyways. So I'll participate in the next boss event we have.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Can any of the dodos actually fight?

Kind of want to become a dodomancer.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Happy Halloween! Starts: 12PM EST Monday 30th of Oct -- Ends: 12 PM EST Wednesday 1st of Nov!

This Halloween the ARK is undergoing a spooky seasonal change where the air is colder, the days shorter and the nights longer! Starting on Monday, the 30th of October, all official servers on every platform will be placed under a witches' curse lasting 48 hours! During this time, survivors may encounter abnormal overworld spawns and can find themselves in for a treat with returning cosmetics and valuable stated items available in the drops!

So I am not sure how much this will affect Ragnarok, but since we have to reboot for this anyway, I'll just turn off the weekend boost then.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Dodorexes look pretty tough.

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular

Isn't that what terror birds are?

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Broodmother defeated again!

Good fight everyone. Was clearly harder this time with less people, many brave chickens died.

• Options
    So, remember how I boosted the dmg on the CKF weapons and stuff? I don't know exactly how much that scales but... well, here...

I have a mastercraft spiked mace I got from a drop
    I have 150% melee stat
    Spiked Mace dmg is boosted because of config files

Its a decent enough pick to be worth keeping with me. I ended up hitting a dino with it earlier. It dropped a high level anky in two hits.

High level EVERYTHING short of like, Brontos and Rexes and stuff goes down in 2-3 hits. It is freaking hilarious. I can use this instead of DARTS.

• Options
    What he neglected to mention was that he beat the shit out of a lvl 50 Giga with it as well.

Also, my teleport room for my new base is probably a bit overboard.... I've been spending all my time and resources on that instead of making an actual, usable base.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    What he neglected to mention was that he beat the shit out of a lvl 50 Giga with it as well.

I do not advise non-admins to try that last one.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    So apparently there are giant squids in this game..

My delayed response to that:

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    On the map we play, there is a place on the map where there are always giant squids. Several of them. At one point there was a bug that caused an overspawn, which means there would be around 40 giant squid in that area at one time.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    They are pretty easy tames too, especially on weekends with taming boosts. We got squids for a LOT of people this weekend.

• Options
    And they're amazing to have. Aren't effected by eels/jellyfish, good movement speed, can grab and hold things, and super strong.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    They are affected by eels/jellyfish. But they just get stunned for a bit, the day of forever stunlocking eels is over.

• Options
    Eels don't stun them, they just slow them.

• Options
    Do they get less terrifying once you tame them?

Think I'm just going to instinctively shit my pants the first time I dive into the water in this game.

• Options
    Do they get less terrifying once you tame them?

Think I'm just going to instinctively shit my pants the first time I dive into the water in this game.

Did we mention you tame them by swimming directly into their beak to hand feed them?

• Options
  • Options
    BeornKBeornK Registered User regular
    So what I just read is that we should all park our squids in the water around Dr Chaos place... maybe with some tentacles into the air...

Also Mudd left out the part about taming them while they drink the blood of your mount pinned in their terrible embrace while you swim in up to the beak...

DS0mQJS.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    So in theory, when the server comes up the Halloween thing will be active. I am unsure how this will impact Ragnarok. Will it affect spawns on a custom map? Will if affect drops when I have overrides in place? Who knows. Let me know if anything real bad happens.

Also I have updated loot drops a bit. They will now be a bit more generous with coins and/or element. I believe I have also fixed the desert drops now as well.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I logged on today to check on things and I noticed a lot of titanboas spawning in the snow area above my base.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    So things I've noticed about this janky, clearly cobbled-together holiday event.

- Most of the skins dropped by loot crates are for ponytail haircuts
    - We're getting SOTF trophies labeled with the name of random tribes who presumably won SOTF
    - Some of the skins you can't even pick up, like the Ark Dev Tester ballcap
    - Comparing the drops in the desert vs the area around the market... Scorched Earth apparently didn't even get this event. All the drops using the SE loot tables don't drop skins and stuff
    - Some of the skins and emotes dropped are Christmas themed

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    So thing I've noticed about this janky, clearly cobbled-together holiday event.

- Most of the skins dropped by loot crates are for ponytail haircuts
    - We're getting SOTF trophies labeled with the name of random tribes who presumably won SOTF
    - Some of the skins you can't even pick up, like the Ark Dev Tester ballcap
    - Comparing the drops in the desert vs the area around the market... Scorched Earth apparently didn't even get this event. All the drops using the SE loot tables don't drop skins and stuff
    - Some of the skins and emotes dropped are Christmas themed

Or Thanksgiving themed. I got a Turkey emote and a chief hat.

I'm looking for a 1st place survival of the fittest trophy to complete my collection. I needed more things to decorate my trophy tower, so this event is great, for a 2 day failure.

Decomposey on
  • Options
    Found two unclaimed Theri's at my construction site. Going to assume they're orphans for me to take, but if that was a mistake, you can have them back. Wont spend the skill points until I know it's cool. Only reason I'm not sure is they were left at a place that isn't my current base.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Found two unclaimed Theri's at my construction site. Going to assume they're orphans for me to take, but if that was a mistake, you can have them back. Wont spend the skill points until I know it's cool. Only reason I'm not sure is they were left at a place that isn't my current base.

That was me. Beorn gave me a bunch for the boss fight and told me to give you whatever I wanted. I gave you the LONE SURVIVORS of the Theri horde!

• Options
    Finally got the mats together for an ascendant giga saddle.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The process for turning off Halloween is rather involved. Some of it is running now, I will finish the rest in the morning. It's real late here.

• Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Finally got the mats together for an ascendant giga saddle.
    I’ll bring the BP by your place so you can craft it as soon as we are on at the same time!

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Crossing my fingers this gets a discount in the steam sale later this month. Starting to get oddly hyped after a long period of years of no interest in this at all once I started playing 7 days to die (I know the two games can be pretty different but still, its the survival element).

Missed my opening with the flash sale which I assumed was a part of the Halloween sale. Doh. :P

Do people still play the older maps online? Probably going to be awhile before I get around to Scorched Earth and Abberation.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    So Halloween appears to be off, but supply drops are still giving vanilla stuff. I have a bug report in but god knows what is going on.

• Options
    Crossing my fingers this gets a discount in the steam sale later this month. Starting to get oddly hyped after a long period of years of no interest in this at all once I started playing 7 days to die (I know the two games can be pretty different but still, its the survival element).

Missed my opening with the flash sale which I assumed was a part of the Halloween sale. Doh. :P

Do people still play the older maps online? Probably going to be awhile before I get around to Scorched Earth and Abberation.

Currently we are playing the Ragnarok map, which is a free DLC.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Okay, so in looking for a gif from ARK for reasons unrelated to this thread, I came uppon this gif that had the subtext of "I just started playing ARK and this is how the game feels":

ZgTfnjF.gif

It just . . . spoke to me.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Geth, roll 1d15 for Weekend Boost

Geth, roll 1d4+1 for Intensity

Geth, roll 1d4+1 for secondary intensity

Weekend Boost:
    1d15 5 [1d15=5]
    Intensity:
    1d4+1 2 [1d4=1]
    secondary intensity:
    1d4+1 2 [1d4=1]

• Options
    edited November 2017
    RwHczfp.jpg?1

The Shaman appears as your group sits down for their evening meal, the sun setting in the distance. Your tribemates generally ignore her. At this point, they are used to her strange appearances and disappearances. She sits down at your campfire, staring at you across the flames and smoke.

"The Spirits commend you at surviving the onslaught send forth from the deep places. The cave beasts have returned to their holes."

She tosses something into the fire. The color of the flame begins to shift.

"But I fear the darkness is not done with us yet. The beasts of the island react... strangely to the forces at play. You should be wary."

As she says this, the sun finishes setting, and full night falls across the island. As the light vanishes, you begin to hear cries from the jungle in the distance. One creature, two, a dozen, more. An otherworldly howl the likes of which you have never heard. It's as if every creature on the island exulted at once with a strength you never thought possible.

When you turn back, the Shaman is gone. In her place you see a scythe. The blade is a massive raptor claw, from what must be an enormous beast indeed. On it, in blue flame, is etched...

The Strong Stalk the Night

The handle is made of an equally large femur of some kind, on it, etched...

The Beast Sleeps in Contentment

----

Something has been increased by two.
    Taming speed is increased by 2x our base, for a total of 6x

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    S+ just updated.
    Update: Nov 2 @ 7:38pm
    - Fixed issue that caused some dino's inventories to become inaccessible after the Transfer Gun was used on them
    - Fixed collision on ramps (should no longer get stuck on them)
    - Fixed issue with PullResourcesAdditions that prevented it from loading more than 1 class
    - Pull Selected will no longer pull fertilized eggs
    - Fixed issue with Hatchery not incubating/giving egg boost after a restart
    - S+ Tranq Turret will only extend the spoil timer of Shocking Tranq Darts when activated now
    - S+ Animal Tender & S+ Generator can now be renamed
    - S+ Sheep Herder will no longer collect wool when their inventory is full
    - S+ Turrets can be placed on motorboats now
    - Removed wood bracing from stone ceilings, roofs & ramps
    - New Config Option: DisableCrossTeamTeleport (forces the teleporter to only work for tribe members)
    - The Craft All Instant button in the S+ Grinder will no longer show for blueprints placed in its inventory
    *note: While I like this functionality, the grinder is not the right structure for it. In the next content update, I will include a structure specifically designed around crafting from blueprints.*
    - The Nanny no longer has an activation cooldown, instead, she will no longer perform her duties immediately upon activation (activating her merely starts her timer, thus picking her up/turning on/off will not result in any benefit)
    - Changed how collecting structures resume their duties after a server restart

• Options
    Well I wanted to play a bit tonight and build a bit more. But instead, I logged in and watched some dumbass bird randomly attack my dinos, send them all in a frenzy, and then watch them all run off a cliff. So instead of doing anything fun, i got to run them all back to my base.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.