Options

[FFBE] New story event with Duke and Mystea! Get your crysts, and fan festa rewards

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The MAG gain is identical (25 versus 15% of 171).

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Tried the Dark Espers fight. Wrecked Siren's shit within 3 turns, and then WoL died to one of Possessed Ifrit's attacks, and it was downhill from there, because once Ayaka needs to cast Resurgence to get multiple party members back up who can't act in the same turn they're revived, it's essentially a loss when that "tapped" character is your tank who can't provoke or cover. Also, since I was going for the Large Sword Mastery TMR, a death is a loss in that regard, too.

I legit should be able to clear these fights, but I can't, even with pretty well geared units who were released after the fight was. If you're not somehow cheesing a boss fight with big chains and a solid finisher, you're not going to clear anything, which is the worst catch 22 when you need/want the rewards from those trials to get stronger to clear trials.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Don't kill Siren first, kill Ifrit first. Possessed Ifrit is more dangerous, and you can deal with the MP drain with WoL easily.

Lots of things can trigger dangerous attacks in that fight though. Do you have all of the respective elemental resistances covered? Did you break Ifrit's DEF/SPR and trigger his buff? Did you dispel Ifrit? Did you drop Ifrit past multiple thresholds at once (this triggers a retaliate)?

Resistances are the biggest part though. It doesn't matter that 800% Fire/Water/Dark aoes in possessed states when you have Bar-gas up. Dark Veritas, Tidus friend units are great on the fight, while Minfilia or Marie cover the buffing resistances (or Rikku I guess).

Edit: How'd WoL ever die though? You should be keeping up a Reraise on him permanently via Ayaka. Her first turn should be to Reraise herself and the tank and proceed from there.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    Oddly enough I actually just beat that myself! If you haven't picked up some extra killer materia this is a good place to justify it, Ifirit is a Beast and Siren is a Bird.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Goddamnit, I actually want a dupe Tidus for 7* now:

gOjJA0r.jpg

Look at that sprite. They fix his sword!

Characters
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Sad part is, for as fucking stupid as I think the implementation is, I'll be in a pretty good place considering I have two Tidus

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Rather interesting thread on Reddit around the 7* units. Basically the idea is that ALIM screwed up with TMR's in the first place by not releasing trust moogles out of the gate and allowing TMR's to be raised via battles (even by a tiny %). Since it's nearly impossible to back track on something like this, balancing the game has been a real challenge as some of their player base have a bunch of TMR's from macroing and others don't have many at all. The 10-man seems like a good example, I have around a dozen TMR's and I still can't beat hard. A causal player has no chance.

The argument is that the 7* system will allow Alim to be able to balance things for a larger player base since you won't be able to macro STMR's. Also with the improvements in JP at least, getting a 5* unit isn't nearly as bad as it is right now for us. They have; rate of base 5★ units from gacha increased from 1 in 100 to 1 in 33; on banner pulls are doubled, and they introduced Unit of Choice tickets which once you get 10, you can summon any unit you'd like.

The UoC stuff is really new so it'll be interesting to see how often tickets are put out for players to get. Also while 7*'s seem to be a big leap forward, we're still not sure what STMR's are going to look like.

I can see their point, if this is done right how the game could be even better for everyone. I'd also be interested to see a pie chart of player base and how many TMR's they have. How many have over 10 for example.

Link

Hold on. TMR farming was the only method I had of playing this game without RNG fucking me over. If they're using 7*s to reset the board, then success is based on how many and which 5*s you have. Which is to say, it's completely fucking random. And the more lapis you buy to throw into the RNG machine, the better you're off.

If they're going to remove my only path to success, then fuck this game.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Wait... Our 5* rate is 1%? I guess it's not surprising but holy shit.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Aegis wrote: »
    Don't kill Siren first, kill Ifrit first. Possessed Ifrit is more dangerous, and you can deal with the MP drain with WoL easily.

Lots of things can trigger dangerous attacks in that fight though. Do you have all of the respective elemental resistances covered? Did you break Ifrit's DEF/SPR and trigger his buff? Did you dispel Ifrit? Did you drop Ifrit past multiple thresholds at once (this triggers a retaliate)?

Resistances are the biggest part though. It doesn't matter that 800% Fire/Water/Dark aoes in possessed states when you have Bar-gas up. Dark Veritas, Tidus friend units are great on the fight, while Minfilia or Marie cover the buffing resistances (or Rikku I guess).

Edit: How'd WoL ever die though? You should be keeping up a Reraise on him permanently via Ayaka. Her first turn should be to Reraise herself and the tank and proceed from there.

WoL died just tanking some random hits. He had a Reraise which brought him back up - does that not count as "dying"? He was able to act the next turn, but once Ifrit went possessed, deaths started happening.

I have my OK and an 1100 friend OK buffing the fire/water resistances. Unfortunately, I had no way to buff Dark, and I don't think I have a single good Marie or Tidus friend. There are a couple of Tidus friends, but they're not optimally geared at all, and most of my friends now are sporting other big leaguers like B2, A2, DV, OK or TTerra.

El Fantastico on

• Options
    I just hate that the content in this game is either brutally hard or a joke. It makes it painfully obvious that whaling is the only way to do any of the content.

I've been on the fence about the $45 bundle but maybe I'll give my money to a more deserved game.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Daily pull came out straight Rainbow, and I got GL Sakura! That was a very nice surprise. Still no I Nichol, but I'll have to deal with that.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    Daily pull came out straight Rainbow, and I got GL Sakura! That was a very nice surprise. Still no I Nichol, but I'll have to deal with that.

Now you can go nuke down Malboro!

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    It makes it painfully obvious that whaling is the only way to do any of the content.

https://www.youtube.com/user/makki0802/videos

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    It makes it painfully obvious that whaling is the only way to do any of the content.

Not sure who or what this is. Is he a F2P player who is insanely lucky on his pulls and therefore makes videos claiming to be F2P even though 99.9% of the people would never be so lucky?

• Options
    I'm going to start keeping a log of my pulls and share it with you guys (not daily posts but probably a Google doc) . I'm not bitching just to bitch... My pulls are abysmal in this game.

If anyone wants to know why I hate loot boxes in games it's because I have shit luck. Statistics don't matter with me. I will always have shit pulls in any games.

• Options
    Actually making this log might be a little fun... Wish I started this a while ago though.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MHXvuSPISsxrbGNSsbZzj9k5LEt1A-cT9wq4jt_vCB4/edit?usp=drivesdk

Can anyone let me know if you can see it and not edit it.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I threw ten more tickets because hey, I have 35 and it's not like I give much of a shit about the whole "FFVII banner" thing people keep saving for. Not a single gold. At least I got a couple more Cat Lids to fuse towards that TMR.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    LorekLorek Registered User regular

Not sure who or what this is. Is he a F2P player who is insanely lucky on his pulls and therefore makes videos claiming to be F2P even though 99.9% of the people would never be so lucky?

He's a JP player so it's hard to tell, but O'Zack is "famous" anyway for his videos where he beats challenges/trials using only 3-4* base units and minimal TMRs or TMRs only from non-5* bases.

Here's another example of a guide I'm using from reddit for Sheratan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Y5dbORxZ0&feature=youtu.be

It has no 5* bases or Tilith; the only TMRs he has are Dualcast, Dual Wields, and Rikku's Pouch.

• Options
    Tried Espers again. Bringing Dark Fina, who really doesn't have much of a role to play in the grand scheme of the fight, is probably a bad idea. She died to a pair of random hit that WoL didn't tank for her. No LS Mastery. Might just work on getting iNichol up to 100 and bring him instead so at least WoL can survive harder.

Thing is, I shouldn't need to bring these units who outclass the content, but it's the name of the game.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Friend DV can buff 70% dark which should get you through turn 1. And could just play support with damage reduction on t2 then keep those up. That and the other buffs you already have from OK should be plenty to get through it. Or I'm sure someone can set you up with a Marie. I can but not until a lot later in the day. Also if you're not killing him off the bat you're keeping up wol's atk/mag break on ifrit right?

BlehBlehAmiga on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Zomro wrote: »

Now you can go nuke down Malboro!

Will definitely give it a shot, need to see what I need for it. I should be able to get Sakura's TM pretty quick, I have a 75% fused moogle currently, just need a few more moogles to max it out.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    Rather interesting thread on Reddit around the 7* units. Basically the idea is that ALIM screwed up with TMR's in the first place by not releasing trust moogles out of the gate and allowing TMR's to be raised via battles (even by a tiny %). Since it's nearly impossible to back track on something like this, balancing the game has been a real challenge as some of their player base have a bunch of TMR's from macroing and others don't have many at all. The 10-man seems like a good example, I have around a dozen TMR's and I still can't beat hard. A causal player has no chance.

The argument is that the 7* system will allow Alim to be able to balance things for a larger player base since you won't be able to macro STMR's. Also with the improvements in JP at least, getting a 5* unit isn't nearly as bad as it is right now for us. They have; rate of base 5★ units from gacha increased from 1 in 100 to 1 in 33; on banner pulls are doubled, and they introduced Unit of Choice tickets which once you get 10, you can summon any unit you'd like.

The UoC stuff is really new so it'll be interesting to see how often tickets are put out for players to get. Also while 7*'s seem to be a big leap forward, we're still not sure what STMR's are going to look like.

I can see their point, if this is done right how the game could be even better for everyone. I'd also be interested to see a pie chart of player base and how many TMR's they have. How many have over 10 for example.

Link

Hold on. TMR farming was the only method I had of playing this game without RNG fucking me over. If they're using 7*s to reset the board, then success is based on how many and which 5*s you have. Which is to say, it's completely fucking random. And the more lapis you buy to throw into the RNG machine, the better you're off.

I might argue that using an emulator to macro isn't really playing the game. I see your point though, I too get excited when I finish some TMR's and that in doing so helps offset the random nature of pulling.
    I just hate that the content in this game is either brutally hard or a joke. It makes it painfully obvious that whaling is the only way to do any of the content.

I've been on the fence about the $45 bundle but maybe I'll give my money to a more deserved game.

I think this is what they are trying to solve. The problem is how do you release a trial that is hard enough for someone with 20+ TMR's without making it impossible for those with 5 TMR's? The Cerberus event seems like a good example, we have folks who breezed through it in a couple rounds here and others who struggled with it. This Halloween event is another example, folks are having a hard time with ELT. I'm curious to see how many folks get through Nightmare. The mission rewards for the nightmare level are of TMR level quality, which should help a non-macro player catch up with the meta, but they have to balance the difficulty for those with dozen's of TMR's, which means the non-macro player isn't likely to complete this trial, keeping them further behind in the meta (I could be wrong, we'll see tomorrow).

There's a lot we don't know yet and while the new system in theory will help with balancing, ALIM/GUMI have to be a bit more generous than they have in the past. Right now they are dropping 2 UoC tickets per Mog King event, which would lead to 1 unit per 5 months. They may have to speed that up, maybe having tickets as rewards for events or trials as well. They also mentioned STMR moogles, will they be 10% or 50% like a unit? Even at 10% if they throw 1 per month as a login bonus, plus have some through the events, you could look at 50% per month, allowing for 1 STMR per 2 months.

Players will just have to adjust a bit. Those of us macro'ing are used to 5 TMR's per month or more. Now we'll be looking at maybe 1 STMR a month or 2. But in general if it slows most of your player base down (whales still going to whale), it makes it possible to design events and trials that won't exclude a large portion of your player base.

Maybe I'm alone in this, even though I have Nox setup, I'd rather not macro to play the game. I don't think setting up an emulator, setting up macro's, watching Nox to make sure it hasn't crashed, etc, all so I can keep up with the Meta in a mobile phone game is very fun.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Friend DV can buff 70% dark which should get you through turn 1. And could just play support with damage reduction on t2 then keep those up. That and the other buffs you already have from OK should be plenty to get through it. Or I'm sure someone can set you up with a Marie. I can but not until a lot later in the day. Also if you're not killing him off the bat you're keeping up wol's atk/mag break on ifrit right?

The second attempt was more about buffing defense. I had Ayaka Dispelga their buffs, and Auto-Raise WoL. D.Fina just double Osmose'd because what else is she doing here? She can Waterga, I suppose but I was going to do that on turn 2 once all the buffs were up. WoL used Embolden, but I guess I should've done Arms Eraser? OK uses Water Blitz for fire buff, Friend OK uses Fire Blitz for Water buff. Noctis does something. I would use Warp Strike on Ifrit, but according to the wiki, debuffing Ifrit's DEF/SPR would cause him to auto-buff his ATK/MAG so I don't want that.

• Options
    I think the approach to fusing units for TMRs is a good one and needs to be revamped, in addition to the amount of Moogles given out being increased (which has already started with expeditions and whatnot).

Honestly I think the TMR percentage gained from fusing units should be higher, AND also scale with the base rarity of the unit.
    1-2* base: 5%
    3* base: 10%
    4* base: 25%
    5* base: 100% (any lower than 100% and nobody would ever think of doing it. Even at 100% fusing dupes for regular TMR is silly)

If they are going to balance the game around players having a fair amount of TMRs, why not make them less painful to obtain.

That being said, there are ways to beat difficult content with few TMRs and 5* bases, as shown by people like O'Zack.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Landed an iNichol on the daily draw today, woo

• Options
    I think the approach to fusing units for TMRs is a good one and needs to be revamped, in addition to the amount of Moogles given out being increased (which has already started with expeditions and whatnot).

Honestly I think the TMR percentage gained from fusing units should be higher, AND also scale with the base rarity of the unit.
    5* base: 100% (any lower than 100% and nobody would ever think of doing it. Even at 100% fusing dupes for regular TMR is silly)

If they are going to balance the game around players having a fair amount of TMRs, why not make them less painful to obtain.

That being said, there are ways to beat difficult content with few TMRs and 5* bases, as shown by people like O'Zack.

True story: A friend did a random 11 pull a couple of months ago. Got 3 rainbows. Marie, Tidus and Emperor. Apparently he had a second Emperor, and he doesn't really care for the unit (as in Emperor is from FFII, a game he never played). He didn't know Emperor's TMR got GL-buffed or is pretty much the best caster rod in the game until Lulu. He fused the Emps together for the 5%.

I facepalmed really hard when I heard that.

• Options

True story: A friend did a random 11 pull a couple of months ago. Got 3 rainbows. Marie, Tidus and Emperor. Apparently he had a second Emperor, and he doesn't really care for the unit (as in Emperor is from FFII, a game he never played). He didn't know Emperor's TMR got GL-buffed or is pretty much the best caster rod in the game until Lulu. He fused the Emps together for the 5%.

I facepalmed really hard when I heard that.

Ooof, and now with the knowledge that Emporer is in the first batch of 7* units...that poor guy.

• Options
    Yeah, when he found out, he texted me with a bunch of sad face emojis. I mean, he still doesn't care that much because he's the kind of guy who only likes playing with units from games he likes, and he's fond of some of the BE exclusive characters, too.

His 5* ticket from the Festa turned up Trance Terra, and he was looking at ways to build her and that's when he realized his mistake in missing out on a second Mateus. However, he's also not a Nox script TMR farmer, so it would take him ages to use the natural moogles to obtain the TMRs he needs to build her up. By contrast, Tidus was his #1 biggest want (and he'll pull super hard for Squall/Rinoa), so he's ecstatic he got him, but he only recently completed Tidus' TMR, and only yesterday just did the Gilgamesh trial for the 30% ATK materia.

• Options
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Link

I might argue that using an emulator to macro isn't really playing the game. I see your point though, I too get excited when I finish some TMR's and that in doing so helps offset the random nature of pulling.

I think this is what they are trying to solve. The problem is how do you release a trial that is hard enough for someone with 20+ TMR's without making it impossible for those with 5 TMR's? The Cerberus event seems like a good example, we have folks who breezed through it in a couple rounds here and others who struggled with it. This Halloween event is another example, folks are having a hard time with ELT. I'm curious to see how many folks get through Nightmare. The mission rewards for the nightmare level are of TMR level quality, which should help a non-macro player catch up with the meta, but they have to balance the difficulty for those with dozen's of TMR's, which means the non-macro player isn't likely to complete this trial, keeping them further behind in the meta (I could be wrong, we'll see tomorrow).

There's a lot we don't know yet and while the new system in theory will help with balancing, ALIM/GUMI have to be a bit more generous than they have in the past. Right now they are dropping 2 UoC tickets per Mog King event, which would lead to 1 unit per 5 months. They may have to speed that up, maybe having tickets as rewards for events or trials as well. They also mentioned STMR moogles, will they be 10% or 50% like a unit? Even at 10% if they throw 1 per month as a login bonus, plus have some through the events, you could look at 50% per month, allowing for 1 STMR per 2 months.

Players will just have to adjust a bit. Those of us macro'ing are used to 5 TMR's per month or more. Now we'll be looking at maybe 1 STMR a month or 2. But in general if it slows most of your player base down (whales still going to whale), it makes it possible to design events and trials that won't exclude a large portion of your player base.

Maybe I'm alone in this, even though I have Nox setup, I'd rather not macro to play the game. I don't think setting up an emulator, setting up macro's, watching Nox to make sure it hasn't crashed, etc, all so I can keep up with the Meta in a mobile phone game is very fun.

Nah I absolutely hate "TM Farming" with Nox/Memu. It really isn't playing the game, but as you said it's really the only thing we have right now to offset the horrible pull rates (that most of us have). If they removed TMs from the game somehow I feel like the game would be a lot better in one sense, but much worse in just about every other way.

The TM thing would be easy to solve if it was energy based rather than battle based. More energy = more of a chance to level up your TM. If they did that I wouldn't feel like I had to use Nox, but they'd also lose out on $Texas because there are too many people that spend lapis/money on energy refreshes.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    TM farming via nox...I have absolutely no problem with because its an insanely stupid designed way to get good equipment. If the trust increase was more reasonable...fine..but as it is, its just begging to be exploited exactly like it is. your comment about 'lose out on $Texas' doesnt make much sense since its not like they are selling trust moogles as a regular shop thing. (It's rare to see them in a bundle or even if they do, they tend to be very small.)

Anyway, last night i beat pumpkin king but didnt get any of the objectives. I used my Rikku and i still think i only did it since i had a 9000 hp Demon Rain friend tank as a backup tank to my Earth Veritas tank.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Flashbacks to other Gumi GL-exclusive events.

That fucking Gravity Rod grind, my god.

Gumi is really hit or miss on making a good GL-exclusive.

• Options

From a player standpoint this would be awesome haha. The problem with changing current mechanics is that is always seems to piss off some part of your player base. I think that's why they are just focusing on the future.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    he second attempt was more about buffing defense. I had Ayaka Dispelga their buffs, and Auto-Raise WoL. D.Fina just double Osmose'd because what else is she doing here? She can Waterga, I suppose but I was going to do that on turn 2 once all the buffs were up. WoL used Embolden, but I guess I should've done Arms Eraser? OK uses Water Blitz for fire buff, Friend OK uses Fire Blitz for Water buff. Noctis does something. I would use Warp Strike on Ifrit, but according to the wiki, debuffing Ifrit's DEF/SPR would cause him to auto-buff his ATK/MAG so I don't want that.

Yeah if you are taking a longer time to kill them, you definitely want arms eraser (or similar) on Ifrit. D.Fina is probably a waste of a slot. I found a unit list you posted, you have Y'Shtola but not Minfilia? If you really want to turtle you could use Y'shtola over D.Fina, can protectga/shellga and throw some bar spells on her or something. If you don't have Minfilia you should use a friend for dark resist which is imperative in a longer battle (or really just making sure squishier folk survive turn 1). I guess I'd be surprised if two reasonably equipped OK can't kill him in one turn though, maybe with some sort of a finisher. You can def break him without impacts if you kill him on that turn.

BlehBlehAmiga on
  • Options
    azith28 wrote: »
    TM farming via nox...I have absolutely no problem with because its an insanely stupid designed way to get good equipment. If the trust increase was more reasonable...fine..but as it is, its just begging to be exploited exactly like it is. your comment about 'lose out on $Texas' doesnt make much sense since its not like they are selling trust moogles as a regular shop thing. (It's rare to see them in a bundle or even if they do, they tend to be very small.)

People pay money to buy lapis and they use that lapis to do stamina refreshes all the time. A not-insignificant amount of people only use lapis for their refreshes for TMs.

• Options
    Yeah as much as I have hope for the newer system to help, I have to remind myself this is a freemium game and the company wants to make scrooge mcduck levels of money. It'll never really be player friendly, I guess we can only hope it just helps a bit.

• Options
    It's not that I want to turtle, it's that I don't have stellar chaining units like Fryevia or Orlandeau to do anything with. OK is a great chainer, but he has no ignore DEF or imperil attacks built in to his Blitz attacks. The elemental buffs are great for defense, but it really enforces that turtling.

• Options
    It's not that I want to turtle, it's that I don't have stellar chaining units like Fryevia or Orlandeau to do anything with. OK is a great chainer, but he has no ignore DEF or imperil attacks built in to his Blitz attacks. The elemental buffs are great for defense, but it really enforces that turtling.

Do you need me to change up my Randi for a Tidus?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Bahamut incoming.

Exploration TL;DR - Bring escape/smoke. Instant mana like ace, or similar is very useful as you'll get preemptively attacked, so if you want to just repeat through it you'll need to repeat heals/mana as well as escape. If you want to kill your way through it, it's tough so you will still need mana, though regen mana (bards, cover, or similar) can help if you last more than a turn on things. Encounter rate is high, stack reduction. Shades of bahamut aren't that hard.

Bahamut TL;DR - If possible, kill it in one turn. To do so would need a good spr break, probably a friend's bahamut and other mag/dragon killer units capping a good chain. If you can't kill it one turn, his megaflare is probably going to kill everyone but a high spr healer even with a 45-50% mag break, so be prepared. If you have friend K.Delita with a maxed LB, his break should make it more tank & spankish (but you still want/need the highest ae spirit buff you can find). I'll have mine up at some point but might have an exploration/killer unit up first.

OTK should be a lot easier to do on GL with all the mag/dragonkillers we have that JP didn't. Alternatively, just wait for Mistair.

BlehBlehAmiga on
  • Options
    Yeah if the game warns you that the Exploration is long then it must be really fucking long. I think I'll just skip that bullshit right now and assume I'll never be able to beat him.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited October 2017

You may not be understanding how Ignore DEF on attacks works

Basically it's just a flat multiplier to the base damage of the attack, so like a "stellar chaining unit" like Orlandeau (BTW, OK is currently a better chainer than him by far) with a 200% and 50% Ignore DEF attack is really just the same as a 400% attack

If you haven't gotten the 100% Moogle from the story, I'd go get that because Onion Knight gets much better with his own TMR

EDIT: Also do you have Rikku or 9S or Minfilia? Any of them would be more valuable than Noctis or Dark Fina, who are doing nothing there. If you do the Ifrit kill first, you can also have Xon steal the 300% Fire resist buff off Siren so that you can continue just Fire chaining with OK on Siren and have an easy time in the second half.

The first thing to understand about team comp, and the way FFBE has developed, is that your damage isn't shit unless you're A) Chaining, B) Finishing

So like, having Noctis throw out random warp strikes is basically statistical noise

Maddoc on