As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bike Rentals for Fast Travel between venues!

PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon InfiltratorSeattle, WARegistered User regular
Hey gang,

Over the past few years, PAX has grown exponentially, spreading out across downtown. Walking is fine, getting a Lyft or Uber is okay too, but pricey. However, for fast travel between venues, there's nothing better than a $1 bicycle.

So, I thought I'd post a link to all of the different bike companies that you'll see around downtown. Now, Seattle law does state that you have to wear a helmet, but that hasn't been enforced very strongly lately, since none of these bikes provide helmets. ALSO, be very aware of Seattle traffic. Seattle drivers are NOT known for their bike friendly attitudes.

With all that said, there are 3 main bicycle companies, each with their own app. You'll need the app to unlock the bikes to be able to use them. Curbed has a good article about them.

SPIN - Orange bicycles - Android & iOS

LimeBike - Green bicycles - Android & iOS

Ofo - Yellow bicycles - Android & iOS

I know I'll be using LimeBikes to get from the Wyvern Theater at the Westin over to the Main Theater at Benaroya Hall. =)

daaeZs9.png
PunkJr
Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House

• PunkJrPunkJr Decepticon Infiltrator Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    The best part about these bikes is their convenience. They're literally everywhere downtown, you can use the app to locate one via gps near you, and when you've arrived at your destination, you lock'em up to end your ride & leave them right there. :biggrin:

daaeZs9.png
    PunkJr
    Pirate, Stormtrooper, Decepticon
    Yes, my middle name really is MEGATRON
    Former Ravenclaw Death Eaters Head of House