Options

Marvel! Makes kids comic with Arms Company, forgets Iron Man's origin story.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    And the rumors were dead on, then

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

Why, though

Is anybody actually interested in buying this?

There are so many Funko Pops that I just can't fathom more than a scant handful of people being interested in

And wasn't the business floundering? What's going on there?

• Options
    Funko is doing quite well, I believe

You might be thinking of Hastings, which went out of business partially due to owing Funko several million dollars

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Why, though

Is anybody actually interested in buying this?

There are so many Funko Pops that I just can't fathom more than a scant handful of people being interested in

And wasn't the business floundering? What's going on there?

I imagine it's fairly inexpensive to do limited runs of really niche characters given how templated everything is, so maybe there's a favorable cost-benefit to doing very targeted products.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Man, Taika Waititi would be a netter candidate in every respect, and his Marvel movie isn't even out yet.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Man, Taika Waititi would be a netter candidate in every respect, and his Marvel movie isn't even out yet.
    ...its a Funko Pop?

What exactly are the requirements for being a candidate?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    ...its a Funko Pop?

Making a good movie? :P

• Options
    Solar wrote: »
    ...its a Funko Pop?

Making a good movie? :P
    Even if you don't like GotG, Slither is great!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2017
    ...its a Funko Pop?

Who I believe deserves credit and adulation duh. Everyone has to like the things I like, and people who like the things I don't are wrong and morally deficient.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    I was browsing one of those terrible listicles about MCU talent when I actually saw something that I did not know and was super surprised by
    7wgsbi1zb7rm.jpg
    Taika Waititi was the comedy best friend character in the shitty Green Lantern movie

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Heads up, Marvel is having another Kindle sale. Prices range from 1.80-5.00

Some stuff I've seen:
    Coates' Black Panther
    Remender's Venom
    Aaron's Thor
    Gillen's Darth Vader
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Gwenpool
    Annihilation
    Vision
    Ms. Marvel
    Spurrier's X-Men Legacy

I bought 3 volumes of Black Panther, the most recent Nova run and all of Gillen's Darth Vader for 25 bucks.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

Some stuff I've seen:
    Coates' Black Panther
    Remender's Venom
    Aaron's Thor
    Gillen's Darth Vader
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Gwenpool
    Annihilation
    Vision
    Ms. Marvel
    Spurrier's X-Men Legacy

I bought 3 volumes of Black Panther, the most recent Nova run and all of Gillen's Darth Vader for 25 bucks.

Angela: Asgard's Assassin is also on sale, so get it.

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    I collect a few Funko pops, mostly niche characters that don't get many figures and Spider-Man. Kinda hard to find a non-Marvel Legends Black Bolt or Iron Fist.

I've got two Black Bolt colors, two Iron Fist colors, a couple Doctor Strange, and no less than 10 Spider-Men

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    this popped up in my twitter feed.

http://nerdist.com/nerdist-presents-thor-ragnarok-1980s-trailer/

I'm very fond of a few of the details at work here

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    this popped up in my twitter feed.

http://nerdist.com/nerdist-presents-thor-ragnarok-1980s-trailer/

I'm very fond of a few of the details at work here

This is excellent, love the retrofitted greenscreening.

Also a youtube embed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqNn14l7hhA

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    ArmorocArmoroc Registered User regular

Some stuff I've seen:
    Coates' Black Panther
    Remender's Venom
    Aaron's Thor
    Gillen's Darth Vader
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
    Infinity Gauntlet
    Gwenpool
    Annihilation
    Vision
    Ms. Marvel
    Spurrier's X-Men Legacy

I have credit to get a free Marvel graphic novel from a list Amazon provides. Looks very similar to that sale. Hmm... I don't know what to get. I've been eyeing Black Panther, but there's also Planet Hulk. Oh! And World War Hulk! And Ellis' Moon Knight. Help!

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I'd go with Ellis Moon Knight, personally. Ellis and Shalvey had that 6 issue run and that's it, makes for a perfect readable trade that doesn't require anything else.

• Options
    I just looked at the list, it's actually Lemire's Moon Knight. Which is good but not wholly self contained.

My recommendation as far as a self contained awesome freebie would be 1602 which is probably my favorite What If?/Elseworlds style story ever

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Vision is only 2 volumes, you can get one, and buy the other for a couple dollars on that sale

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I just looked at the list, it's actually Lemire's Moon Knight. Which is good but not wholly self contained.

My recommendation as far as a self contained awesome freebie would be 1602 which is probably my favorite What If?/Elseworlds style story ever

Oh yeah, you're right. Not Ellis' run. Oh well. I actually have 1602 digitally, but I haven't actually read it yet.

• Options
    1602 is pretty good.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    The Ellis run is on sale for 2.20 though, it looks like? Not free but a heck of a value regardless.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Vision is only 2 volumes, you can get one, and buy the other for a couple dollars on that sale

It's not on the list of freebies that I can choose from, but hey!! At that price I'll bite. Close to 5 bucks for those 2 volumes is awesome! I think I'll just get Black Panther as my freebie try it out. If I like it then the rest of the story is on sale. Great timing :biggrin:

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Of Funkos, I currently have the classic Spider-man, Homecoming's homemade duds, and Ghostbuster 2016's Holtzmann.

Yeah, seems that my targets are mostly Spider-man related (looking out for Gwen, 2099, Superior, and Black-suit), and 80-90s nostalgia (Leonardo, Megaman classic, Protoman/Blues, Krillin!).

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    also, fictional stories do not need to have premises that are based 100% in what really happened

the genre of alternate history exists wholly because of that for example

a story can exist in a version of the world that operates under the "god has an absolute plan and ordained actions" theory

we all know that general custer died at the battle of little bighorn. what my book presupposes is...maybe he didn't?

Rewriting John Carpenter of Mars?

John Carpenter of Mars, director of Escape From Olympus Mons and Big Trouble In Little Deimos

• Options
    Ahahahaha this is the officially solicited title of the Jean Grey mini
    PHOENIX RESURRECTION: THE RETURN OF (ADULT) JEAN GREY #1

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Is it just me, or has Marvel basically given up?

EDIT: Wait, did U.S.Avengers get canceled when I wasn't looking? God dammit.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Well, let's see what's going on in that Planet Hulk story that seemed like a blatant Ragnarok tie-in:
    uS73qAu.jpg?1

Well then

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    NJEQW1P.jpg

Has Thanos ever properly fought a Ghost Rider before?

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    $13.40 for the complete Remender X-Force seems like a good deal.

Might sample some Spider-Gwen, Gwenpool, and Squirrel Girl, too.

If you haven't read it, get both Vision books.

• Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Of Funkos, I currently have the classic Spider-man, Homecoming's homemade duds, and Ghostbuster 2016's Holtzmann.

Yeah, seems that my targets are mostly Spider-man related (looking out for Gwen, 2099, Superior, and Black-suit), and 80-90s nostalgia (Leonardo, Megaman classic, Protoman/Blues, Krillin!).

Try Walgreens for Spider-Gwen, I found one with the mask and with out the mask there.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Funniest thing about this comics sale is seeing among the $2 TPBs individual issues of Secret Empire for $5 a piece

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

I really hope not it's such a good book!

• Options
    never die wrote: »

I really hope not it's such a good book!

November Solit for #12 says "It’s a final battle for the soul of America" and there's no issue for December. :(

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I'm a big fan of that Space Ghost Rider bike.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I thought USAvengers was being retitled.

• Options
    I thought USAvengers was being retitled.

To what?

• Options
    USAvengers isn't being retitled or cancelled, it is doing a SEARCH FOR CANNONBALL Legacy story. Dunno if it has been solicited yet though.

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.