As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Third Expansion Announced - End of Dragons! We're going to Cantha!

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Are you using TexMod? (I'm 99% sure that is the name of it) It'll overlay the map with a second colour so it's really easy to see areas that need to be explored.

• Options
    LeandriellLeandriell Registered User regular
    I think I used Photoshop with overlays rather than having something in game, is another option.

For my crazyness, I actually map completed on 2 characters in GW1 in case it mattered in GW2.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    Are you using TexMod? (I'm 99% sure that is the name of it) It'll overlay the map with a second colour so it's really easy to see areas that need to be explored.

I am, but I'm at the point where everything left is these teensy weensy slivers very far away from any outpost that require slogging through enemies to get to that often aren't even fully reachable anyway. And smashing my face into walls for six hours isn't my idea of a fun exploring time. *edit* 99.2% Cantha x_X and the rest is just "weensy sliver in the middle o nowhere"

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    In other news: I built myself a cute new combo house/library area in the Guild Hall. It's a bit less elaborate than my last few because I couldn't fit a lot of stuff in there. But I'm pretty proud of it. It's also pretty well hidden.

I will give 5 gold to the first person who finds it and proves that they did so with screenshots in this thread.

• Options
    Finally, bank and storage expanders on sale.. go go go!

• Options
    In other news: I built myself a cute new combo house/library area in the Guild Hall. It's a bit less elaborate than my last few because I couldn't fit a lot of stuff in there. But I'm pretty proud of it. It's also pretty well hidden.

I will give 5 gold to the first person who finds it and proves that they did so with screenshots in this thread.

@Lucid_Seraph You mean this house?
    iicthr6cfug1.jpg
    zb9ddrvihbkn.jpg

I was about to go hide one of the leftover beer kegs there ;)

• Options
    Leandriell wrote: »

@Lucid_Seraph You mean this house?
    iicthr6cfug1.jpg
    zb9ddrvihbkn.jpg

I was about to go hide one of the leftover beer kegs there ;)

Yay! Unfortunately I think that area is at the item cap, because I had to build the floor. If you can figure out a more efficient way to build the floor to free up some space, feel free to put a keg or other cute things in there. I'll get you your gold next time I'm on :)

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Leandriell on
  • Options
    So.. a few weeks ago I finished project go big or go home 2: 2 Legendary Accessories and Twilight.

So naturally this means I need to go and make more legendaries... right? After hearing of the new legendary armoury, I've come to the conclusion I need to make a Scepter and possibly focus for all my main toons to share. I've also finally got enough LI to make one more piece of raid armour... his won't end sanely!

• Options
    E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    Were you going for the rings and amulet? The bits for conflux aren't too bad, but that's a lot of skirmish tickets you could be spending on multiple pieces of legendary armor.

E.Coyote on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I've not deeply investigated the WvW and PvP legendaries, as it's not really my cup of tea. The WvW one might be doable but that many gifts of battle is not something I relish doing!

I've finished the PvE legendary accessories Coalescence, Vision and Aurora. I've just got the LI to make the first piece of second set of raid armour (converted a lot of LI to LD to make Coalesence)

Leandriell on
  • Options
    The later chests for skirmish track give a bunch of reward track progress. Right now I have ~20 gifts from getting the skirmish tickets the last few weeks.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Gifts of battle is just doing the reward track now isn't it? Which is pretty simple.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ..if you do WvW a lot ;)

• Options
    Did chalice of tears to finish token collector. It wasn't nearly as bad as getting dive master in not so secret.

• Options
    I found it the other way round! In the end I joined a mesmer krewe through chalice.

The not so secret I got to once, splatted after missing the dive, the tpd back to someone at the top.. I figured I'd earned it ;)

• Options
    edited April 2020
    Hey all!

SAB is coming soon, and so will the guild SAB challenge!
    Instead of missions on 26th April and 3rd May, we'll run our SAB Challenge!

The goal is to complete normal-mode SAB as quickly as possible, in a team!
    This year, we'll be doing World 1 and World 2 separately, so more folks can get on board!

Prizes will be awarded to:
    • The team who completes first
    • The top 3 "points" earners. Points are awarded for arriving at a checkpoint first or second (as long as you didn't kill yourself to get to the checkpoint). We'll have an officer in each team keeping track!

Current plan (subject to change!)

Prizes
    We've got some shineys languishing in the guild bank. Will you focus on the team award or the individual? Will you help your comrades or run off ahead making them wait for platform respawns?

Individual Prizes
    TBC, likely including the Beastslayer Greatsword skin and a unique guild rank for the year! Those who earned it last year are about to loose it... can you keep it?

Team Prize
    The team who win will get their choice of 20 ecto or 5 Ascended material (Spiritwood/Elonian Leather/Deldrimoor Steel/Damask) each

Participation Prize
    All participants get 20 princess maya wigs! (Until we run out..)

Rules!
    • Each team will contain someone who has a torch and an officer to keep track of scores
    • For W2 - Everyone will need push unlocked
    • "Complete" is defined as defeating the Cart/Robbers and completing every world back to back
    • Shortcut Worm/Eagle are allowed (and encouraged!)
    • Officers ARE eligible for the team/participation prize. We're a part of the team after all ;)
    • Officers are NOT eligible for the individual prize. They'll be "skipped" if they're first or second.
    • Killing yourself to get to a checkpoint invalidates points for the individual prize
    • Please disable TACO - it gives an advantage not everyone will have.

Any thoughts/ideas to make this more epic?

Leandriell on
  • Options
    PSA: The glitches in SAB can be done in infantile mode, which helps some.

So.. after doing the work of getting to the glitch in 2-2, telling Goldy he may as well log for credit as I'd just got to it... he gets a glitched weapon from the chest.. and I get a continue coin.... yay... sometimes the world is cruel.

• Options
    My goal for SAB this year is just getting the home instance node. That would leave the greater candy corn, one garden plot, and the enchanted treasure chest. ^.^

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    Is S3 still one of the easiest ways to get Ascy jewelry? I'm replaying through it now on a new guy, and I know you can get the ice from the newer maps to buy currency, but I don't really care for Bjora marches much (at least compared to running a rotation of S3 maps when I feel like it).

• Options
    Is S3 still one of the easiest ways to get Ascy jewelry? I'm replaying through it now on a new guy, and I know you can get the ice from the newer maps to buy currency, but I don't really care for Bjora marches much (at least compared to running a rotation of S3 maps when I feel like it).

There's an amulet and accessory for ice shards, but both require achievements (Hunger and Idolatry) to unlock the option of buying them. Currency conversion is mostly used for season 4 materials for skyscale/trophy shipments. Farming season 3 is probably still the best option.

• Options
    E.Coyote wrote: »

There's an amulet and accessory for ice shards, but both require achievements (Hunger and Idolatry) to unlock the option of buying them. Currency conversion is mostly used for season 4 materials for skyscale/trophy shipments. Farming season 3 is probably still the best option.

Sweet, thanks! I was like 2 idols away from Idolatry, and Hunger was done, so that was a super easy neck/trinket slot taken out fast.

• Options
    If you have a GW1 account, you may want to fire it up today at noon PST, because they're actually releasing ten new skills. Yes, that's right, in the year 2020, GW1 is getting an actual content drop.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-guild-wars-anniversary-celebration-begins-tomorrow/

• Options
    Just went through about 2000 blue and green stacks and 250 rare unidentifieds. A lot of work for few surprises. As much as I'd like to just come upon a precursor one day, I think I'll just stick to selling these stacks unidentified from now on. Even the rare ones take forever to sell one by one with the way the TP has been so crappy. I think I'll just be happy to sit on my hoard of mithril/silk/leather/wood for Ascended material refinement - that's enough. =)

• Options
    ironheadironhead Registered User regular
    edited April 2020
    So I decided to play the game for the first time since like 2012 or 2013 and holy shit I realized I don't remember how to do anything. I still have my old level 80 but I'm wondering if I should just roll a completely new character and start from scratch.

ironhead on
  • Options
    ironhead wrote: »
    So I decided to play the game for the first time since like 2012 or 2013 and holy shit I realized I don't remember how to do anything. I still have my old level 80 but I'm wondering if I should just roll a completely new character and start from scratch.

Never delete an old character - you get tonnes of birthday presents! If you do have a spare character slot though, alts are always awesome and they new player experience may be helpful for you/

• Options
    ironheadironhead Registered User regular
    That's what I ended up doing. Kept my 80 warrior, but decided to roll a new character, a necromancer, to get myself familiar with the game and all the mechanics again.

• Options
    One of the more pricey items for treasure hunter dropped for me at random. Was on the fence about going for that one... but now. ^.^

• Options
    Congrats to Team Awesome for SAB world 1 challenge, and to Daisy for out checkpoint winner so far!

Still everything to play for in W2!

(And thanks for those who camek and helped me out in lowbie fractals for Storm after :))

• Options
    I just can't get into SAB. Those kind of games are way in my past at least in terms of dexterity, and I can't throw my NES controller at a hard glass TV screen like we used to, so I'll settle for seeing everyone else enjoy it.

I'm super late to the party, but I did finally get around to setting up and alternate equipment/talent loadout, and I kinda love that system. I finally took some time to craft some Diviner's armor and Dragonsblood weapons, and now I can swap over to an easy Quickness/Alacrity boon mesmer for events that it's helpful on almost seamlessly from my main as a condi mirage. I'd have never bothered if I had to keep the equipment in my bag or do some kind of respec process. Pretty cool.

• Options
    It is awesome! I love doing it to swap between open world/fractal dps and full-on raid healing on Lea. I used to go for weeks of running around open world trying not to get hit/outrun everything because I couldn't be bothered to change from heal spec. Now, click, click done!

• Options
    Shelter @ home has got me playing entirely too much. I've kind of burned out on my brief dalliance with Chrono and have rolled up a fresh burnbrand/healbrand to try out build swapping on some strikes/metas.

• Options
    I bought the last bit I needed for treasure hunter. 3/6 on wvw legendary light armor as well.

• Options
  • Options
    Congrats to Team Awesome for winning the Team Prize, and Daisy and Quetz for our individual prizes in the SAB Challenge.

Now.. is anyone brave enough for the very first... NICE SAB TRIBULATION MODE CHALLENGE - next Sunday at missions o clock!
    • Similar to the normal worlds, we'll be racing through the zone to see who gets to the checkpoints first. W1 only. We'll stop after ~1hr depending on where we are with the zone we're currently in.
    • As this is tribulation mode, and so everyone needs to reach every checkpoint under their own steam, we'll ask that you only join if you have done trib before, and are comfortable in doing at least 1-1 in under an hour. (We've a few guildies who are ~10 min!)
    • 1-1 and 1-2 glitches will be done as we go (1-3 if someone is insane enough to do it in Trib), Officers will do these to prevent it impeding the race!
    • Taco IS permitted
    • Skipping cloud saves is fine, but you must hit every checkpoint (as not everyone can do the crazy checkpoint skips).

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    naengwen wrote: »

Seriously, we're finally going back to Cantha?

Okay, reinstalled.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    -Loki- wrote: »
    naengwen wrote: »

Seriously, we're finally going back to Cantha?

Okay, reinstalled.

COME ON AND SLAM
    AND WELCOME TO JAPANKOREA? honestly the painting of cantha as weaboo land is unfair as it actually hosts a surprisingly diverse array of not only east asian but southeast asian, east indian; and eastern and southern european cultures in the same way that in guild wars 1 the krytans had more in common with american indian cultures than with the more european ascalonians; in this essay I will spamADAN I literally looked through the entire map of Cantha from GW1 and couldn't find anything that rhymed with Slam.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Cantha had my absolute favorite environment in GW1 - the Jade Sea. Just looked so amazing to walk around in. If we get to go back there, I'll be happy.

Also Factions was my favorite expansion they did. I enjoyed the story (and the terrible voice acting) which wasn't a slog to get through unlike Nightfall, I enjoyed the PvP modes they added, the aesthetics of the gear and areas. Just great.

But man the voice acting was awful. Also can't say much about the classes, but I didn't like the classes in Nightfall either.

• Options
    Unpopular opinion:

I hated Factions when it came out.

I took my main over from Prophecies and was faced with endless dark and dreary slums. The completionist in me needed to do all the side quests as we went, it took forever to get to something not dark and dreary. Most of my friends stopped playing. I hated assassin, though did like ritualist before the first few rework. I wasn't particularly enamored with the eastern style, though the Jade Sea was indeed stunning (and not just because of all the mesmer mobs ;))

Nightfall on the other hand, I loved. It had a nice long story across varied pretty terrain from the get go, and heroes to make the content duo-able easily, alongside a not completely predictable storyline.

I got GWAMM without touching PvP, so spent plenty of time in all of the zones, still find Cantha the least interesting (and not sure why the community in general seems obsessed with it).

• Options
    Can any mesmers recommend a suit of armor to shoot for other than Viper's and Diviner's? I'm pretty happy with what I've got on those two suits (Condi Mirage and a sort of low end support open world Chrono for quickness). Maybe minstrel's for full on support and survival if that's still a thing?