As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2] Third Expansion Announced - End of Dragons! We're going to Cantha!

• Options
    LeandriellLeandriell Registered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    For those of you doing raids/fractals, do I still need to build a Vipers set for warrior? I have full berserker atm.

It looks like power banner warrior is the consensus, but I’m out of the loop.

Edit: also, is there a recent getting started in raids/fractals guide for the current balance patch?

There's a balance patch coming on Tuesday.. your guess is as good as anyone elses right now!

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Leandriell wrote: »
    For those of you doing raids/fractals, do I still need to build a Vipers set for warrior? I have full berserker atm.

It looks like power banner warrior is the consensus, but I’m out of the loop.

Edit: also, is there a recent getting started in raids/fractals guide for the current balance patch?

There's a balance patch coming on Tuesday.. your guess is as good as anyone elses right now!

Looking around, I will still want Viper's for raids. Then I can fill the Banner Bitch slot for whatever boss.

If I stay with it I will probably start working on Ranger after.

Then figure out which light class I would enjoy playing. I decided I didn't want to do Mesmer because BiS stats were changing every patch, they were the most expensive to build, and ANET just can't seem to balance them just right. I'll have to take a look at the current patch. I might have to learn to play Ele.

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    Sad times. A decent number of vets at ANet seem to have stepped down to allow some of the newer folks to stay.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I’ll drink some mead for them.

Hopefully ANET can find a good direction for the game.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    That's a lot of their major talent gone.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Used a bunch of gold last night to craft up 2 ascended axes and maxes for my warrior, so I’m way more ‘meta’ now. Even if warrior goes back to camping greatsword next patch, I can use them on other toons.

Any of you play late PST that would help me through T3 fractals?

I’m at personal level 60, and 90ish AR atm.

I jumped into dailies when Twilight Oasis was a daily and the team smashed against it about 15 times before I left for sleep. It was my first time in it, and I’ve read up on it since, but it wasn’t fun.

• Options
    StraygatsbyStraygatsby Registered User regular
    I am definitely a terrible person for wondering this during this shitty time for some others............., but I also kinda want to know if Mirages are getting gutted in the balance patch.

• Options
    Noooooooooo

I forgot to extract that +9 and +10 Agony Infusion before Attuning my ring :(

• Options
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69910/upcoming-balance-notes

Every class is dead now according to Reddit. Business as usual I reckon.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular

I haven't played GW2 in a while but a lot of these make me want to fire it up tonight. I dig the engineer gyro changes, and I'd like to try out the Thief pistol/dagger build changes.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    vamen wrote: »

I haven't played GW2 in a while but a lot of these make me want to fire it up tonight. I dig the engineer gyro changes, and I'd like to try out the Thief pistol/dagger build changes.

Oh yes, the Gyro changes to Scrapper are great! They'll be able to provide boons in PVE pretty well (... though will still be considered second tier to Ranger since they'll require active proccing of those boons via Finishers :| ) and in WvW... I think everyone can see the value of mobile fields in WvW.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    naengwennaengwen Registered User regular

Eh, it's fine. Salty about the chrono changes but mostly for what it means for anyone who geared up recently - now you need even MORE diviner's gear. Sorry folks :(

With that said, lets talk about WvW!

Here's the summary:

1. Warclaw will be available in PVE once unlocked
    2. You acquire the Warclaw by putting 1 point into the Warclaw Mastery to start a Collection and Reward Track, which all need to be completed in WvW or Edge of the Mist.
    3. Warclaw has about 12k health, and will dismount the mounted character when it dies
    HOWEVER, should the Warclaw take enough fall damage to kill it, the mounted character will be full dead
    4. You do not get access to the new LWS4 Mount Masteries for the Warclaw (e.g. Bond of Vigor)
    5. Warclaws are immune to CC
    6. Warclaws can be stealthed by outside sources
    7. Warclaws have three Endurance bars, and the movement abilities have evade frames.
    8. Warclaw Skill 1 is the Engage ability, which deals some damage, applies 4 stacks of bleed, and most significantly, finishes any downed enemies within a radius with the appropriate Mastery.
    9. Warclaw Skill 2 is Sniff, which Marks enemies within a 5,000 unit-radius. It does not mark stealthed characters.
    10. Warclaw Skill 3 is Chain. It attaches a chain to an enemy gate and deals 2,000 damage per pull. Each pull expends 1 supply. You can have up to 3 Warclaws pulling at the gate.
    11. The Warclaw can be mounted in enemy territory
    12. The Warclaw runs at a faster speed while in friendly territory. In PVE, it runs approximately as fast as a Griffon on land.
    13. Warclaw mastery requires 126 points to be completed
    14. You need to own Path of Fire to unlock the Warclaw
    15. Requires 50 WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets (Wood and Bronze and 2 ticks of Silver) and 250 Badges of Honor. (thanks u/MichramH
    )
    16. The Warclaw was created in addition to the existing mounts because this would allow the 17. WvW team better flexibility in tweaking its stats and functionality without affecting PVE.

In particular
    9. Warclaw Skill 2 is Sniff, which Marks enemies within a 5,000 unit-radius. It does not mark stealthed characters.

Seems like gg for roaming play. But also possibly will add a new dimension to the whole thing? You'll know whats coming sooner, except for thieves who will likely love the extra 2 seconds of knockdown if they can dismount you.

• Options
    It's going to be a gamechanger for certain. Hard to judge if it'll be good or bad right now.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Guardian got what amounted to a 25% crit nerf. That kinda sucks.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    Man, I hope EoTM gets semi-popular again. I really enjoyed mindlessly zerging there. It also took away the worst part of current WvW (for me), which is simply finding the action.

I don't think it will because of reward parity, but it'd be nice!

• Options
  • Options
    It's a hot night in a cool town tonight!

erp8es149r0u.png

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    It's a hot night in a cool town tonight!

erp8es149r0u.png

you can do some of the requirements for the new map in the Edge of the Mists, but you cannot progress the reward track or get pips towards wuvwuv rank.

253J736.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    I just what to see how earth shaking that is to -whatever the meta- is today.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    mojojoeo wrote: »

last I saw, there's quite a bit of room for "effective" builds at the moment, and with the mounts a lot of things are getting bounced around. However, if you are in a keep and trying to defend, just have your zerg mount up and wait for the enemy to charge in. If you all pounce on them, you can pretty much wipe out the zerg rush.

253J736.png
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    WolveSight wrote: »

last I saw, there's quite a bit of room for "effective" builds at the moment, and with the mounts a lot of things are getting bounced around. However, if you are in a keep and trying to defend, just have your zerg mount up and wait for the enemy to charge in. If you all pounce on them, you can pretty much wipe out the zerg rush.

So I feel like this will be a worse pirate ship. The counter to pounce is spread out, but then you get picked apart so the mounted group always has advantage.... on an enemy group if that group is walking.

If you are all mounted - its the dawn of pounce baiting and we are back to pirate ships playing for the first mistake and the entire battle is finished.

Disclaimer - I am a layperson now and unsure if the above is true.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    PSA: Not only do you need to spend the point in the Warclaw Mastery to unlock the collection, you also need to go into WvW to get things started. Acquiring any of the necessary items before doing that can lead to those items not counting, which can block progression.

I made the one big mistake you can make with the warclaw mount unlocking; finished the reward track (I had lots of WvW reward potions saved up, only need 80 to complete a reward track) before actually entering WvW. So I've got a helmet in my inventory, but no credit on the collection. And the reward track is not repeatable. Arenanet is currently working on a fix, though, so it should just be a temporary problem.

Side note: if you've got a carapace armor box collecting dust in your bank, those are now Warclaw Armor Boxes, the same as what is rewarded at the end of the Warclaw WvW reward track. So you can also get the unlock that way, but the Silverwastes Reward Track is not repeatable, and you wouldn't get the usual rewards by opening the box while this bug is going on, so keep that in mind. I suspect this will also be fixed soon.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    WolveSight wrote: »

So I feel like this will be a worse pirate ship. The counter to pounce is spread out, but then you get picked apart so the mounted group always has advantage.... on an enemy group if that group is walking.

If you are all mounted - its the dawn of pounce baiting and we are back to pirate ships playing for the first mistake and the entire battle is finished.

Disclaimer - I am a layperson now and unsure if the above is true.

There's a bit of counterplay going on with ballistae right now. Teams are leaving them on perches and such to ambush riders. Some commanders at string to realize that long range projectile classes (engineers, warriors with rifles, rangers, etc.) are useful at clearing the mounts.

253J736.png
  • Options
    Rifle/Rifle Berserker with intelligence (or whatever that is now) for counter meta?

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Bag slots on sale today if you’re into that sort of thing

Feldorn on
  • Options
    for Ascended crafting does using GM Marks and Fractal/PvP/WvW currency still work out to about the same overall cost as just crafting?

• Options
    It varies by item type and the market day to day, so there's no easy answer to that one.

The general view I was aware of (I don't keep super up to date on this, so caveat) is that most of the shard activities let you do something you enjoy and eventually get some ascs out of it at roughly the same gold cost, if not time cost, whereas, pure gold farms like Silverwastes are always going to be the quickest, most effective, least interesting way to get ascs. So while the gold costs might be similar, the time and fun costs are different.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    That’s what I thought. When they were introduced the cost was roughly equal, just wasn’t sure if economic shifts made one more efficient than other these days.

I suppose you still need 500 crafting for all of them anyways.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    Dear Total Makeover Kits. You suck. Get out of my chests. I only get a couple of keys from a very long time spent completing maps, and you are really making me angry.

• Options
    freelancerbobfreelancerbob UKRegistered User regular
    Dear Total Makeover Kits. You suck. Get out of my chests. I only get a couple of keys from a very long time spent completing maps, and you are really making me angry.

Do you do the weekly keyfarm from personal story lvl 10?

What is this thing that is happening here.
  • Options

Do you do the weekly keyfarm from personal story lvl 10?

I sometimes do, but I get most of mine from map completing (or rather, getting to about 50% then burning out and quitting) on a fresh character. That percentage chance to get a key on a map finish is surprisingly generous, and it applies to some very quick to complete maps like LS3, too.

• Options
    This is the first time I’ve been active during SAB. It’s quite a thing.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Announcing NICE's second Super Adventure Challenge!

Instead of missions the next few weeks (7th April and 13th April) we'll be running our SAB challenge! The goal is to complete normal-mode SAB as quickly as possible, in a team!
    This year, we'll be doing World 1 and World 2 separately, so more folks can get on board!

Prizes will be awarded to:
    The team who completes first
    The top 3 "points" earners. Points are awarded for arriving at a checkpoint first or second (as long as you didn't kill yourself to get to the checkpoint). We'll have an officer* in each team keeping track!

Current plan (subject to change!)

Prizes
    We've got some shineys languishing in the guild bank. Will you focus on the team award or the individual? Will you help your comrades or run off ahead making them wait for platform respawns?

Individual Prizes - TBC, likely including the Beastslayer Greatsword skin and a unique guild rank for the year!

Team Prize
    The team who win will get their choice of 20 ecto or 20 hardened lather each

Participation Prize

All participants get 25 princess maya wigs!

Rules!
    Each team will contain someone who has a torch and an officer to keep track of scores*
    For W2 - Everyone will need push unlocked
    "Complete" is defined as defeating the Cart/Robbers and completing every world back to back
    Shortcut Worm/Eagle are allowed (and encouraged!)
    Officers ARE eligible for the team/participation prize. We're a part of the team after all ;)
    Officers are NOT eligible for the individual prize. They'll be "skipped" if they're first or second.
    Killing yourself to get to a checkpoint invalidates points for the individual prize
    Please disable TACO - it gives an advantage not everyone will have.

* If we don't have enough officers, some veteran novices have volunteered to step in :) They will remain eligible for all prizes.

Leandriell on
  • Options
    I was hoping for a SAB-based black lion chest this event!

On a side note, UID gear in non-desert regions is *life* -- I'm not even sure if I'll ever even need to leave Bitterfrost Frontier now.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    I was hoping for a SAB-based black lion chest this event!

On a side note, UID gear in non-desert regions is *life* -- I'm not even sure if I'll ever even need to leave Bitterfrost Frontier now.

I like the UID stuff when I'm running around fighting/looting, but it certainly seems to be more of a headache when I finally sit down to sort through it. I don't understand why they haven't excluded these stacks from Salvage All yet; there's a separate Salvage Stack option if you really wanted to go that route, they really, really shouldn't be included in Salvage All by default.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Finally finished W1 Trib.. not sure my sanity will handle W2

• Options
    I’m still doing normal and infantile achievement

• Options
    Guys, guys, were getting the band back together... https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/It's_About_Banding_Together

Also a question.

Considering I never did TD meta and have very few ley line sparks but I’m wanting Vipers ascended armor should I just craft another set of zojja’s and stat swap?

I already have the recipes for that so I would save the gold and laurels of getting recipes.

I realize rabid or magi would be cheaper, but I would need to get the recipes first.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Apparently the other April Fools might be that if you sit in chairs, they make farting noises? I haven't logged on to test this.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/