As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Renewal Dungeons - the reopening of old weekly content. Tons of it!

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Basically stuff for Magicites. Are there any good Dark OSBs for Mist Dragon?

Jecht, Kuja, Sephiroth, Vayne if you have the auras that go with them. Maybe Raines just because he's Raines.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    MummBrahMummBrah Registered User regular
    What is the current opinion on dragoons? I have Freya's dragon coat SSB and her BSB right now, would love to fit her into my wind team so she and Cloud can go ham instead of Bartz using his earth/wind BSB as a stopgap

Freya seems a bit awkward to build for though, jumps are not my favorite moveset and her BSB speeding them up seems a little counterintuitive? I think you just want to spam her cmd1 rather than alternate between commands and jumps during her burst

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    MummBrah wrote: »
    What is the current opinion on dragoons? I have Freya's dragon coat SSB and her BSB right now, would love to fit her into my wind team so she and Cloud can go ham instead of Bartz using his earth/wind BSB as a stopgap

Freya seems a bit awkward to build for though, jumps are not my favorite moveset and her BSB speeding them up seems a little counterintuitive? I think you just want to spam her cmd1 rather than alternate between commands and jumps during her burst

Dragoons ruled the roost for a while, starting with when Kain got his SSB that let him do 2 jumps with no air time lag. Freya's in the unfortunate position of needing two SB bars to capitalize on her damage. She needs her enwind from her SSB, and her BSB cmd1 gives her two jumps with no air lag. When the next FFVII event hits (within the next month or so?), it comes with a new 5* 4-hit wind ability, making it much easier to hone than the 6* Sky High. This should make her a huge threat and DPS contributer, but the issue is she needs 2 SB bars to get that engine revving, and she can't Lifesiphon, but she can Wrath. Either way, she's stuck needing to hit weaknesses, or contribute no damage for several turns. Or bring her to a Jump Start.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options

You need Sky High. CMD 1, Sky High, Sky High, CMD 2, CMD 2, BSB again.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    For what it's worth, we do get a 5 mythril login bonus on, I believe, the fifth day of the festival. This may be helpful for those that are running very tight mythril counts for the festival banners.

As for Freya's BSB (and other similar ones that give Dragoons no air time) they are best used with the jumps that have extremely long air time, like Dragoon Jump, Lightning Dive, Sky High and (eventually) Aerial Dive. There is an argument to be made that the no air time is not very useful even for these abilities, since you can manipulate the timer on jumps (the air time still counts down during animations, for example) to get much of the same effect, but I still like removing the air time even if it is perhaps sub-optimal. If you are not using those abilities with long air time then you would do better just using the commands, since the potencies are similar and the commands have two hits instead of one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »

You need Sky High. CMD 1, Sky High, Sky High, CMD 2, CMD 2, BSB again.

This makes perfect sense, thanks! Off to go get Sky High and goomba stomp some fools

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    I can't decide between festival banner 1 or 2.

I have more dupes on banner 2, and banner 1 has neat stuff for WOL, Luneth, and some characters I don't have much stuff for. But banner 2 has extremely good Ultras, and some BSB options I'd like. Both have a massively powerful Earth option I'd like to have.

Enlong on
  • Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    The very best thing about being a new(ish) player right now is that my relic pool is still comparably small, so almost everything in this free draw can only help me! I'm so excited to see what we all get

Bonus points for the free OSB, as right now I don't actually own a single one :cool:

O S B B O Y S

I don't know if it was you who posted in the last thread about clearing a 220, but the JS is generally much easier than the Apocalypse battle.

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I ran the numbers, and I have ~90 dupes on the 30-draw, and around 70 desired items. Maybe more like 80-something if I'm more generous about XI/XV/Type-0 synergy. So only around maybe 15-20% chance of a "good" item per 5*. Not great, but I guess my odds of getting at least one interesting thing aren't bad.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I only have 2 OSB's, so hoping I get something new. Ultimately hoping to a few neat items from this. Then I have to hope Banner 3 gives me something I want as well.

• Options
    Got all the new Lucky Draw relics mastered in time for the 30 draw. Here's hoping I'm rewarded with a big brand new set. :3

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I guess I could roll on both banners, and forego Ultrashadow banner? I mean, there's like 4 items on the Ultrashadow banner I don't really want (Green Cherry is bad, Shadow Fang, Red Card, and Fixed Dice are dupes). But the top prizes are very good.

• Options
    The very best thing about being a new(ish) player right now is that my relic pool is still comparably small, so almost everything in this free draw can only help me! I'm so excited to see what we all get

Bonus points for the free OSB, as right now I don't actually own a single one :cool:

O S B B O Y S

I don't know if it was you who posted in the last thread about clearing a 220, but the JS is generally much easier than the Apocalypse battle.

Is it really? I might have to give it a try then, thanks

I failed a good 5-6 times before finally getting the 220 down but if the JS is easier that's very encouraging

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Managed another Hydra kill (with an S/L for forgetting to re-Wall) in 59 seconds. This one was much shorter on double+ cast silliness, so it looks like it's a pretty stable sub-1 minute team. Pretty nice for a Bartz without en-element and a Dorgann burst with no damage on entry.

I suspect I'll be able to cut that down to 40-ish seconds if I LD Cloud - which will happen if the 30-pull doesn't get me a reason to LD some else who uses Vit. 30th anniversary has been a bust so far. 6* banner: Gilgamesh's Ultra will make a great stat stick, and Basch's Overstrike is mostly useless to me. At least I didn't go dupex3/33.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular

O S B B O Y S

Is it really? I might have to give it a try then, thanks

I failed a good 5-6 times before finally getting the 220 down but if the JS is easier that's very encouraging

I don't believe the AI changes much between jump starts and apocalypse, the major difference is jump start gives everyone 3 full SB bars, but you cannot gain sb gauges. For fights where you generally spam lifesiphon or wrath, leave them behind!

Plus mages who cannot easily gain sb meter have the full bars too, allowing you to play around with RM and abilities with more flexibility.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Jump Start also allows you to fully abuse Cloud USB, while in the 220s you'll likely die from not bringing Wall given you need time to build up bars.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Once my damage got rolling with Ashe and Rapha going off via BSB commands and lightning imperils, the fight was just about trying to drop the priest boss before the monk wrecked my team with the AoE attack

This bodes well! I'll tinker with it over dinner

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    And I am done with Hydra for a very long time. All three lightning magicites 99 capable... once leveled. I'll probably never even use two of them except for leveling.

And just need one more Magicite clear to be done with the Magicite missions for the week. I kind of expect I'll probably have to refresh orbfest a time or two in order to get all the roulette prizes considering all the other crap going on like the 30th Ann dungeons, but we'll see what the return rate is. Those five MC3s call my name.

Also, if CMs are important to you, don't forget to level your FFXV and FFXI people. XV's event requires a full party for the U++, and we only have 3 people so far (2 more in event), and XI's the next Torment due up. Due like, a month ago, but still due.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Noctis' OSB would be great if it didn't require the stoneskin to stay up to work. As is it barely lasts long enough to go again in most hard content.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder if one could perform some shenanigans by having him RW Yda's BSB. Or the other way around.

• Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Noctis' OSB would be great if it didn't require the stoneskin to stay up to work. As is it barely lasts long enough to go again in most hard content.

An undived level 99 Noctis's bubble is 2,000 HP.

You need more mitigation.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    That depends on the boss.

I imagine Nocits's Armiger mode wouldn't last one round against Apoc+ Isilud.

• Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Daffydd wrote: »
    Managed another Hydra kill (with an S/L for forgetting to re-Wall) in 59 seconds. This one was much shorter on double+ cast silliness, so it looks like it's a pretty stable sub-1 minute team. Pretty nice for a Bartz without en-element and a Dorgann burst with no damage on entry.

I suspect I'll be able to cut that down to 40-ish seconds if I LD Cloud - which will happen if the 30-pull doesn't get me a reason to LD some else who uses Vit. 30th anniversary has been a bust so far. 6* banner: Gilgamesh's Ultra will make a great stat stick, and Basch's Overstrike is mostly useless to me. At least I didn't go dupex3/33.

What team did you use? I'm still trying to put together a Hydra team that can complete in under a minute.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    so possibly stupid question

how do people start a raid with their break meter already filled? I'm guessing a legend materia I am in no way close to acquiring

• Options
    edited September 2017
    PiptheFair wrote: »

how do people start a raid with their break meter already filled? I'm guessing a legend materia I am in no way close to acquiring

Cloud and Tyro's record materias.

Mako Might/Dr. Mog's Teachings. Vital for almost all top level content short of extreme whaledom.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

1 bar or 3 bars?

1 bar means they have either Mako Might or Dr Mog's Teachings equipped. Those are the second Record Materia dropped by Cloud or Tyro, respectively.

3 bars means it's a Jump-Start battle. Those are special fights in which the entire party starts with a completely full meter. But further meter building is impossible, even with skills like Entrust.

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

Mako Might/Dr. Mog's Teachings. Vital for almost all top level content short of extreme whaledom.

gotta be able to get 99

butts

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    They're both drops while in party after using both characters' II Crystal. So after hitting level 65.

Characters
  • Options

Lol, ask savage attacks about how much more mitigation I need.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2017

gotta be able to get 99

butts

No. 80.

Exact Process:
    1.) Level Cloud/Tyro to 50.
    2.) Use MC1 to break their level cap to 65.
    --2T.) Use Tyro until he randomly drops his second RM
    --2C.) Play the Cargo Ship - Elite battle (in the FF7 story dungeons) with Cloud in party (and not KOed) to get his second RM
    3.) Level to 65.
    4.) Use MC2 to break their level cap to 80.
    5.) Use Cloud/Tyro until they randomly drop Mako Might/Dr. Mog
    6.) Profit

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2017

More.

Don't know why you'd be bringing Noctis to Magicite at all though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited September 2017

gotta be able to get 99

butts

The thing that starts tonight will give MASSIVE amounts of xp, orbs, and...everything. Plus a little mini game that gives even more bonus rewards. The relic draw tonight is also actually THREE relic draws, and completely free. It's literally the perfect time to start playing.

Javen on
  • Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular

gotta be able to get 99

butts

Nah, just gotta break them past 65, then use them in your party. They're random drops.

Gotta have Cloud's second RM, tho. You have to do a story stage with Cloud in your team to get it.

• Options

More.

Same reason I brought Gilgamesh to magicite, I have no ice damage so I tried to see if he was useful on my non-elemental fenrir.

He was not.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options

gotta be able to get 99

butts

No. 80.

Exact Process:
    1.) Level Cloud/Tyro to 50.
    2.) Use MC1 to break their level cap to 65.
    --2T.) Use Tyro until he randomly drops his second RM
    --2C.) Play the Cargo Ship - Elite battle (in the FF7 story dungeons) with Cloud in party (and not KOed) to get his second RM
    3.) Level to 65.
    4.) Use MC2 to break their level cap to 80.
    5.) Use Cloud/Tyro until they randomly drop Mako Might/Dr. Mog
    6.) Profit
    ah, just gotta get a memory crystal 2 for them then
    Javen wrote: »

gotta be able to get 99

butts

The thing that starts tonight will give MASSIVE amounts of xp, orbs, and...everything. Plus a little mini game that gives even more bonus rewards. The relic draw tonight is also actually THREE relic draws, and completely free. It's literally the perfect time to start playing.
    I played like 2 years ago, so I actually have a decent amount of stuff unlocked

just like

2 years behind

• Options
    Big new thing: mastering a soul break gives you +10 stat now.

Characters
  • Options
    edited September 2017

More.

???

Noctis can be a key contributor to Magicite runs (for sub30 even), though moreso for SSB and OD spam than his OSB.

Major Resist is usually enough to take most attacks down to sub 2k, though obviously this only keeps it up for one turn (more if random ST target is kind). You probably want to have Ramza Chant or Y'sh or someone like that help provide bubbles so he's not stuck doing it by himself with BSB.
    Aegis wrote: »
    Super+ only. Doesn't apply to old Unique SBs.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »

I quit when shout was released because of the shitty thing they did, so I knew about this

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Anticipation. It's like Christmas morning waiting for your parents to get up.

C'mon Orlandeau OSB.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Anticipation. It's like Christmas morning waiting for your parents to get up.

C'mon Orlandeau OSB.

The sooner you accept Tyro OSB/30 into your heart, the healthier you will be.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.