As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny 2] Ghost in the Shell

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I'd say the best thing you can get is Double token chance on a shell.

You can just keep a fat stack of cayde patrol maps to make sure caches are always marked on your map.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    I think all the shells can roll with the Gunsmith Telemetry perks so I don't think that's necessary.
    I think so too, but I figure it couldn't hurt.
    Zunde wrote: »
    I'd say the best thing you can get is Double token chance on a shell.

You can just keep a fat stack of cayde patrol maps to make sure caches are always marked on your map.
    I think you probably can't get two of the same perk.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Al_wat wrote: »
    ???

isn't it immediately apparent that that functionality can't really be present in D2?

You can't buy guns and armor* for real money right? You can't get a gameplay advantage over people by buying things for money, so how the fuck could they apply that algorithm? By purposely match making you with someone who has that super cool dance move that they bought?
    Let's be honest. If there's one thing getting roflstomped by elite dudes in Trials makes me want to do, it's drop cold hard cash on new emotes. It is (a) the only thing that makes me feel better, (b) the only way I can emulate their winning ways, and (c) a surefire way to win more matches. Therefore, D2 is pay-to-win and pay-to-play and anti-consumer and also anti-America and also anti-human.

For real, though - part of me is like, "Why not just let this be a trade secret (and thus unpatented, able to be used but keeping it out of the public record), as allowing the public to see this could be a PR disaster, and if news of this is widespread, it undercuts the very purpose," but then another part of me is like, "If I were Activision, I'd probably want to have the rights to this, because it sounds like a huge moneymaker, if implemented correctly." But it's just so sleazy.

They don't use this thing in D2, but the patent was also granted this month. So... D3, look out.

"You got killed by: [Suros Longshot S7]. This is your [50th] time being killed by this weapon this month. Stat Breakdown: It has [4] more [Accuracy] and [3] more [Power] than your currently equipped Power Weapon."

Along the bottom of the screen: "Press X to visit the Store."

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    weddellkwweddellkw PNWRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Alright, so I figured I'd just throw together a google docs spreadsheet for this ghost shell stuff. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YEy7KREnSnk5N4w1DSJxmFF4d8AUBfuDt_2MtNxrzxI/edit?usp=sharing
    I don't use google docs much, but I think that should be publicly editable. If any of you want to contribute, just put an X in the row of any shells you have in the column of any of the types of perks your shell has, if there's not an X there already.

I think all the shells can roll with the Gunsmith Telemetry perks so I don't think that's necessary. I added the stuff from my post there though. And updated my own notes. Seems we're only missing info on 4 shells now:
    • Bold Shell
    • Honeycomb Shell
    • Starfire Shell
    • Tower Shell

Updated spreadsheet: I have a Starfire shell that does Cache & Resource on Titan.

XBL: The SquidProQuo
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Al_wat wrote: »
    ???

isn't it immediately apparent that that functionality can't really be present in D2?

You can't buy guns and armor* for real money right? You can't get a gameplay advantage over people by buying things for money, so how the fuck could they apply that algorithm? By purposely match making you with someone who has that super cool dance move that they bought?
    Let's be honest. If there's one thing getting roflstomped by elite dudes in Trials makes me want to do, it's drop cold hard cash on new emotes. It is (a) the only thing that makes me feel better, (b) the only way I can emulate their winning ways, and (c) a surefire way to win more matches. Therefore, D2 is pay-to-win and pay-to-play and anti-consumer and also anti-America and also anti-human.

For real, though - part of me is like, "Why not just let this be a trade secret (and thus unpatented, able to be used but keeping it out of the public record), as allowing the public to see this could be a PR disaster," but then another part of me is like, "If I were Activision, I'd probably want to have the rights to this, because it sounds like a huge moneymaker, if implemented correctly." But it's just so sleazy.

They don't use this thing in D2, but the patent was also granted this month. So... D3, look out.

"You got killed by: [Suros Longshot S7]. This is your [50th] time being killed by this weapon this month. Stat Breakdown: It has [4] more [Accuracy] and [3] more [Power] than your currently equipped Power Weapon."

Along the bottom of the screen: "Press X to visit the Store."

As I have now ascended into a being of pure, crystalline salt, there is no possible emote an enemy can do that will make me saltier and I am therefore immune to this psychological effect

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Having Titan as the flashpoint helped me out greatly, since there are only two rather close public event areas and I have a shell for increase xp/resource locations for Titan. Bought Cayde's maps as well. So, between the flashpoint, chests, planetary challenge, and "level", I got two exotic, two legendary, a bright engram, and two levels of turn in tokens/material. And Cayde gave me boots and sniper rifle for the flashpoint. The exotics decrypted into Celestial Nighthawk and Fighting Lion. So, good haul for me. Now I finally have an exotic for each of my subclasses.

Krieghund on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I have a Bold Shell with Glimmer + 10% on Nessus and Generate Gunsmith Telemetry (Arc).

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    I have a Bold Shell with Glimmer + 10% on Nessus and Generate Gunsmith Telemetry (Arc).

At this point I am *very* comfortable slotting the remaining Honeycomb into Nessus and Tower into EDZ but I suppose I can wait for official word from our hivemind

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I have never seen a +10% glimmer ghost.

I have a Kingfisher shell with +10% exp boost Ghost (and spot resources) for Titan, which is the only one I've seen of the exp ghosts.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Subtle_Ties from The100.io wants you to play Destiny 2: Raid - Leviathan - Prestige on 10/18/2017. Join here:
    https://www.the100.io/game/1067961

So who wants to give this a shot tomorrow evening?

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    useruser Registered User regular
    Can we agree the Gunsmith Telemetry is un-playtested? Like you only get to carry one at a time, and it moves Banshee's bar like... 1%.

My long term plan is to bin any ghosts with it and replace with better perks.

• Options
    Telemetry ghosts are a great 100 bright dust

• Options
    user wrote: »
    Can we agree the Gunsmith Telemetry is un-playtested? Like you only get to carry one at a time, and it moves Banshee's bar like... 1%.

My long term plan is to bin any ghosts with it and replace with better perks.
    I've carried like, seven at a time.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Man playing fortnite...

Bungie makes games that feel so good. Like no other console shooter feels nearly as good. I can imagine a Battle royale mode in the EDZ and it'd be so fun. Popping chests and getting guns off other players etc

Though it'd just be 8 players cause lol bungie

616610-1.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I have had 3 telemetry turn in at once. I didn't even remember I had that ghost on.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Also the crucible is the easiest to roll an xp/additional token if you have the kill tracker pre order ghost you can buy them from shaxx for 1 shards each.

All my characters have one now

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I preordered but never got the gost. /shrug

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular

Call of Duty WW2 gets released in November... I think that's a far more likely place for this algorithm to find a home than Destiny 3.

Also fits that they'd want it patented before then if they think anyone else is going to want in on it.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    man it sure would be cool if i could get a 305 chest piece some time

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular

Call of Duty WW2 gets released in November... I think that's a far more likely place for this algorithm to find a home than Destiny 3.

Also fits that they'd want it patented before then if they think anyone else is going to want in on it.

Maybe DICE will make a WW2 game next so I don't have to get that one.

But man I really want another WW2 game. WaW was my favorite CoD.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    @Chanus submit to MOTW or death

:hydra:

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Probably coincidental, but this is the first time i've ever logged in on a Tuesday night and the raid, nightfall and crucible clan engrams weren't already completed when I got on.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Probably coincidental, but this is the first time i've ever logged in on a Tuesday night and the raid, nightfall and crucible clan engrams weren't already completed when I got on.

I mean it's over a month since release, people tend to start dropping off pretty quickly. Compare WoW subs at an expansion release and 2 months later, for example.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    @Chanus submit to MOTW or death

:hydra:

Ben-Stiller-Do-It-Starsky-and-Hutch.gif

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    nice i finally got the lost pacific helm for my titan

i can quit playing destiny i beat it

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

That'll give you time to submit to MOTW

Well.

I'm waiting.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Oh, you believed Bungies bullshit about "new" Crucible's "dedicated, but we arent calling them that" servers preventing cheaters?

Yeah, about that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/76opjr/my_trials_team_just_got_ddosed_by_a_player_who_is/
    Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/76vkm8/i_was_just_ddosd_for_45_minutes_nonstop_during/

I'm guessing that the Destinytracker owner was in the thread was the biggest reason anything actually was done to the first cheater.

Hahaha, I never thought of this but, yeah, Destiny's fucked-up network model would give everyone you play with access to your IP address.

Good times Bungie, good times.

• Options
    Yes, got the sweet business. Been looking forward to messing around with this.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Sweet Biz with the War Rig is one of the most fun things they have in Destiny.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

That'll give you time to submit to MOTW

Well.

I'm waiting.

slowly sliding into the creepy valley there, Wrath.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

At this point I am *very* comfortable slotting the remaining Honeycomb into Nessus and Tower into EDZ but I suppose I can wait for official word from our hivemind

I have a honeycomb with EDZ Cache

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    And my tower shells both have Nessus perks.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Not news, but solo queue in this game, esp with the borked-ass matchmaking putting 4-stacks vs pubbies in fucking quickplay, just results in rectal implosion levels of not fun.

Solo queue should be fun. This is just ugh. It's fucking QUICKPLAY. I want to love this game again but god damn I logged off tonight in anger for the first time in I don't even remember how long.

This is a game, Bungie. I want to have fun and relax and your goddamn design decisions making it so that....

You know what. It's been said already. Jesus. I'm done for tonight. I just want to have some fun, this isn't it right now.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The real WTF is how something like tat gets patented at all, it is in nowuse useful for the advancement of the sciences or arts

What benefit do we, as a society get from protecting its use?

• Options
    edited October 2017
    The whole point of their quickplay list is quick matches. not well balanced quickplay, but quickplay period.

if you want competitive matches (as in, balanced) you have to go to the competitive playlist*, and then you get stuck playing those gametypes. it's a lose-lose either way.

edit: *competitive makes a slightly better attempt at balancing teams.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Comp playlist I don't like mostly. Yeah, I just want to shoot dudes in clash, not this crap. And quickplay or not, matchmaking needs to put at least a duo or trio on my team if it's gonna put us vs a four-stack. Esp a four stack of Mida-using hardscoping camping-ass stoners living inside each other's backside. Again, not news to anyone. Not news and not fun. What the hell happened? Who the fuck signed off on this?

• Options
    Trojan35Trojan35 I want Too Human 2. Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    So, on the positive side. I had like a 4.0 efficiency last night in solo crucible. I think I'm finally "getting" Andtiope-D and how to play with it. Was tearing it up which is not normal in SoloQ. Here's the epiphany that worked for me:
    1. Peek/Slide to the edge of corners (not around them).
    2. If they aren't facing you so you get the first shot, finish him and run away. If you don't get the first shot, run away. Getting the first flinch shot is king.
    3. After running away, don't peak out the same pillar but flank and peek out a different one.

This morning I saw a deal for Witcher 3 this morning for $20 and gonna give it a whirl. I heard it's a fun playthrough.

Trojan35 on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Not news, but solo queue in this game, esp with the borked-ass matchmaking putting 4-stacks vs pubbies in fucking quickplay, just results in rectal implosion levels of not fun.

Solo queue should be fun. This is just ugh. It's fucking QUICKPLAY. I want to love this game again but god damn I logged off tonight in anger for the first time in I don't even remember how long.

This is a game, Bungie. I want to have fun and relax and your goddamn design decisions making it so that....

You know what. It's been said already. Jesus. I'm done for tonight. I just want to have some fun, this isn't it right now.

SBMM was the boogie man for a long, long time in the latter two years of D1

Now all the same venues are lighting up about how facing stacks is unfun without taking the relative skills into account. I found the SBMM complaints highly exasperating.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Trojan35 wrote: »
    1. After running away, don't peak out the same pillar but flank and peek out a different one.

The natural evolution to this is that people will start to predict that you will choose the other place to peek from, so peeking from the same place becomes the harder to predict move. This is only true in certain circumstances.

• Options
    Yeah... I liked SBMM, the only issue with the SBMM was that it didn't seem to be taking into consideration the skill boost that comes from being in a fireteam and matching.

Even if person for person there's a skill match, the fact that one team is in a group inherently adds to their skill. Throw in the minimization of hero play in D2 and it's even worse.

I like how the Dawn and Dusk shader is for sale now but I don't have any room for it. :\