As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Happy 1st Anniversary!

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    akjak wrote: »
    I thought I might get enough feathers from the whole thing to promote a guy, but nope. About 2k feathers short.

I must be missing some way to get them, because getting 110 a day (or so it seems) is just... Ugh.

You should be getting an infusion of feathers in a day or so when the arena season ends. Upwards of a few thousand. For example, in my current upward climb through the tiers, I am at tier 13 and set to advance to tier 16. As tier rewards I am slated to receive 3 orbs and 1600 feathers. For offensive score I am slated to receive 10 sacred coins and 2500 feathers. For defensive score I am set to receive nothing because my defense team has failed to secure a victory so far this season, but I potentially could have received up to 900 more feathers. That's a total of 4100 feathers that I will be receiving. A potential 5000 if my team would have scored a max score defense win.

If you need a few more feathers quick, check out the chain challenges in the story mode area. It's sort of like the tempest trials where you send a team through an endurance round of consecutive matches. Normal and hard difficulty reward feathers. Lunatic difficulty rewards orbs.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    Well hello there, Sacred Coins.

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Options
    The feathers that I invested to inherit Gronblade+ into my merged 4* Nino have paid off. I was able to wring the orbs out of the infernal C&L bound hero battle following this gameplan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwOBDDGZbfE

I replaced Shareena with my Cordellia and offset my Nino's non-ideal speed by teaching Cordellia Hone Speed.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Nino was the anchor of my team for a long time. Surround her with Hone/Fortify and she'll carry you through a lot.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Durinia wrote: »
    Nino was the anchor of my team for a long time. Surround her with Hone/Fortify and she'll carry you through a lot.

Indeeeeed! Same.

Eirika is Nino’s best friend. Eirika +Nino and a dancer will carry you through most everything. Or Ephraim too but I prefer Eirika. Guess it depends if you have Azura or not.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Woot. Finally got a witch Nowi. +Hp/-res, which is totally fine.

Down to one orb, so let's hope whatever comes tomorrow has a long tail on it.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    MUCH better than my -Spd/+Atk. I have to use darting blow to salvage her and even tho i gave her Raurblade+ from a spare Tharja, will probably just keep her with Grimoire. Need a Hone and Fortify anyway to make blade flyer work.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Fuck this Cecilia and Lilina bound hero battle. I can't even clear the level 30 version, and all the Infernal strategies online seem to call for Camus, Klein, or Nino.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Fuck this Cecilia and Lilina bound hero battle. I can't even clear the level 30 version, and all the Infernal strategies online seem to call for Camus, Klein, or Nino.

The key is to take out the flyer first, then Reposition back and let them come to you. It definitely helps if you have B!Lyn and/or Reinhardt, because you basically have to kill three units on the turn after you kill the flier.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    @Delzhand, here's a mostly F2P set to knock out the quests on lunatic in one go. Of course this one might not be too useful either if you haven't promoted Alfonse/Sharena to 4* or don't have Ursula or a suitable green, but it might help cobble a strategy together with units you do have (like how you can bait the archer over to the left). That set starts around 7m, but he uses other F2P units like Masked Marth to defeat the other difficulties elsewhere in the video.

https://youtu.be/Xwhwlyhe1hg?t=7m8s

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Is there another map that you can kill level 40 Cecilia or Lilina on for the other two quests?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Chain challenge. 3-4 I think? One with Roy. Need to do the combined, 10 level version of hard to get their level 40s.

I'm glad I have never been interested in getting any "off theme" seasonal units. If they don't look like they could fit in a normal fire emblem, I ain't interested. Makes me immune to a lot of their bait tactics.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Is there another map that you can kill level 40 Cecilia or Lilina on for the other two quests?

One of the lunatic chain challenges has them,and I've heard that you can potentially get lucky rolling the dice in the training tower.
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Delzhand wrote: »

The key is to take out the flyer first, then Reposition back and let them come to you. It definitely helps if you have B!Lyn and/or Reinhardt, because you basically have to kill three units on the turn after you kill the flier.

A word of warning about B! Lyn, I think that the enemy archer has bow breaker. Stay clear of him.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    damn thats alot of sacred coins.

edit: re the bound battle.

I ran it with Blyn, a dancer, and 2 others and had little trouble.

Setup was
    BLyn - Alph/Shar
    BIke - Dancer

BIke was set up with Reposition and Distant Def Sacred Seal (a Good Red with high Resistance and Reposition would work better probably)

-Move BIke to Break Wall
    -Blyn move up to kill Blue Flyer
    -Dance on Bike to Reposition Blyn back down and safe.
    -Move Alph/Shar behind Lyn
    -BIke tanks hits from Cecilia and Lilina.
    -Lyn kills Blue Cav unit.
    -Dance Lyn up to kill either Cecilia or Lilina (whicher Alph/Shar cant kill)
    -Ike uses Repos on Alph/Shar
    -Alph/Shar kills either Cecilia or Lilina
    -Archer moves up
    -Alph/Shar attacks Archer
    -If not dead, Lyn finishes Archer

edit: havent ran Lunatic yet, but this worked reliably for the first 2 difficulties.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I took advantage of all these coins to create the six "craftable" badges just in case IS decides to get shifty and rotate them out.

Still have ~250 coins left, trying to decide if I move five more badges to level 2, move atk and panic ploy to 3, or just hoard.

Probably just going to hoard and see what happens as I don't have any things that are difficult at this time.

jmcdonald on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    430 left.

I have smoke screen 3 and distant defense 3. Also created deflect magic.

I haven’t yet had much need for anything else so far. I guess if I ran armor teams, I might find use for others.

I really wish I could have multiple distant defense seals. Range is almost always why my arena or arena assault runs end in sadness.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Distant Defense 3, Smoke Screen 3, and Deflect Magic 3.

Eventually want to get Panic Ploy 3, Brash Assault 3, Phantom Speed 3, as well as that Guidance one to at least 2.

Still hoping one day there will be a distant counter seal. A man can dream...

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Remember when changing skills was gonna cost stamina and the tower cost twice as much

I had forgotten and for some reason today I remembered that oh right at one point this game was almost unplayable

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Attack 3 and Speed 3 are must-haves, guys. Pull the trigger!

I think Attack Smoke and Panic Ploy I’ll be doing next, then Guidance.

Smoogy on
    Smoogy-1689

• Options
    ATK and SPD are fantastic, sure, but boring. I want fancy options!

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Pfft ok i’ll take my boring consistent damage any day ;)

Smoogy-1689

• Options
    I need 47 more coins to craft deflect melee. Then I'll own all of the craftable seals. Once I'm 100% positive that they can't rotate a seal out of my grasp, THEN I can take the time to upgrade the seals.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Hmm...I'm thinking of making Hardy Bearing to eliminate pesky Desperation/Vantage users, though ATK Smoke and Phantom Speed (for Ayra) looks good as well.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Up to 4.75% on the holloween banner. I should probably save some stones for whatever is happening on tues, but I'm going to get *something* from this freaking banner, come hell or high water. Even if it's a 3rd fucking 5* larchesis

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Hmm...I'm thinking of making Hardy Bearing to eliminate pesky Desperation/Vantage users, though ATK Smoke and Phantom Speed (for Ayra) looks good as well.

I don't think Ayra really benefits from phantom speed that much. If I remember correctly, it just makes it easier for her sword to tick the special counter by 2. But if she's not fast enough to double the opponent, then she can't really benefit the that much. A regular +speed seal would probably be better.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Since adding Jakob to my armour emblem team my defense list has become clogged with the bodies of Cavalyns and what I assume were horse emblem teams.

Kelor on
  • Options
    I managed to finish the bound hero battle quests. The last one was defeating a level 40 Cecilia with Alfonse. I couldn't stand the prospect of dragging Alfonse through lunatic chain challenges to get to the guaranteed Cecilia, so instead I just rolled the dice at the training tower until I found her.

Alfonse, it's time sit your ass back on the bench. I'm done with you for now.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    So I had a bunch of feathers sitting around and I haven't done a lot of promoting lately, so decided to go with what I think were safe promotions. I promoted and merged Black Knight, Arden and Arvis into +1. I didn't see a lot of value in their skills being used for SI, especially since they all have unique skills that cannot be inherited.

I'm down to 23k feathers and wondering if I should promote and merge Xander now, since I've used him (and still do) for a decent amount of challenges.

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    I just realized there's now also a level 40(+) Cecilia in the Insane Special Skills 4 map. Maybe I'll give that one a try.

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    How do I unlock more seals to forge? I don't have any of the ones you guys talk about.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Some of them were rewards from the tempest trial events.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm not sure the Sacred Coins are wen't worth much to me. None of those seals look particularly useful.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Many of the seals are presently unavailable for newer players like akjak and I. Distant defense seems like it's the most notable seal that we don't have access to.

I don't know how frequently seals are re-released, but I did notice the disclaimer in the tempest trial that you'll receive feathers if you already own a copy of the seal. I'm not holding my breath for now.

I'm expecting the feh channel to discuss the sacred forge because of all of the coins and badges that they've granted us access to recently.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I suspect they'll keep doing the Tempest Trial minis to reissue old seals. My gut says we'll get one next with Tobin which would be Phantom Speed, though they could obviously mix things up if they wanted. Who knows though, we'll have to see.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Phantom speed is craftable in the forge (I crafted it the other day), and the news item on the bulletin board said that the craftable badges aren't planned to be re-released in events.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Phantom speed is craftable in the forge (I crafted it the other day), and the news item on the bulletin board said that the craftable badges aren't planned to be re-released in events.

Ah, then they could do something else. It's possible they'd want to reissue Distant Defense soon given how good it is (like Quickened Pulse, the idea being more people could have access). We'll see I guess

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I'd very much like that. Quickened pulse is another one that's in the forge. There's a lot of useful stuff in there that veterans probably already owned from original releases in events.

I don't really expect them to rotate the forge's inventory, but I feel compelled to buy out the whole stock simply due to my respect/fear of Murphy's law.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I ain't never getting HallowHenry >.<.

Three Jakob, two Nowi, Sakura... no effin' Henry.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    I just want one Nowi :(

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I ain't never getting HallowHenry >.<.

Three Jakob, two Nowi, Sakura... no effin' Henry.

I demand your extra Nowi!

steam_sig.png