As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[LGBTQIAU]: Bigger than bigots. Everyone in this thread is gorgeous and amazing FYI

Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMABaton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
edited January 2018 in Social Entropy++
Hey folks! Last thread hit 100 pages. Let's spark up a new one of these, eh?

Hi! My name is Erin. I'm a trans woman and am... 7 months in on HRT. It's been a hell of a ride so far! I have a wife and two kids and they are all fuckin rad forever and I love them lots.

This thread is designed to be a safe space where we can discuss stuff, seek input, provide advice, vent a little, and generally try and polish up our own individual stars so we shine as brightly as possible in the often times dark and uncaring world around us.

You are here. You matter. You are loved. And you are worthy of all the best the world can offer.

Welcome.

PS - If you've got some thoughts you want to air out or want input or just a person to shut up and listen, hit up my inbox. I keep weird hours and can't promise I'm always online but I'll get back to you!

Erin The Red on

• Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Hi I am nonbinary and my therapist has me on a schedule of doing chores for an hour and then rewarding myself. Classical conditioning I guess! I'm apparently featuring in her class now.

Anyway yesterday I rewarded myself with some new makeup and I thought I'd share!
    5icib9hdpehl.jpgwm8h4l3fai53.jpg

This will probably feature at Pride next weekend.

Edit: added a pic that better shows it with lighting.

Viktor Walters on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    That is a hell of a color combo

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Perty stuff courtesy of star-plasma.tumblr.com

tumblr_oxatnfFq9p1s3zokdo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_oxatnfFq9p1s3zokdo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oxatnfFq9p1s3zokdo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oxatnfFq9p1s3zokdo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_oxatnfFq9p1s3zokdo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oxatnfFq9p1s3zokdo6_1280.jpg

Einzel on
  • CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Hello new thread, it's me, Danielle. I am a trans woman and I enjoy CLOTHES SHOPPING AAAAHHH
    Einzel wrote: »
    Perty stuff courtesy of star-plasma.tumblr.com
    tumblr_oxatnfFq9p1s3zokdo1_1280.jpg
    gosh, this is very lovely. Do they have it in 1920 by 1080?

e: oh
    tumblr_owp070Qjgd1s3zokdo1_1280.jpg

Cromarty on
    Those were the resolutions the artist posted. If you look through there might be some higher resolution links. I think I saw prints and items on the blog

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hi I am nonbinary and my therapist has me on a schedule of doing chores for an hour and then rewarding myself. Classical conditioning I guess! I'm apparently featuring in her class now.

Anyway yesterday I rewarded myself with some new makeup and I thought I'd share!

Your sparkle lip game is strong. Kudos! Looks good. What brand/color is that? I don't think I could pull it off but I have a few folk who maaaay be interested haha

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    What is the I and U in the thread title?

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    probably intersex and undecided/undetermined

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    probably intersex and undecided/undetermined

I thought the I was intersex but the U was really throwing me off.

Thank you!

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    i;m gay

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Wife braided my hair because she is THE BEST
    uHp5EQXl.jpg
    nrmBCFjl.jpg

• Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular

Your sparkle lip game is strong. Kudos! Looks good. What brand/color is that? I don't think I could pull it off but I have a few folk who maaaay be interested haha

NYX Galactic. Just picked it up at the CVS!

https://www.nyxcosmetics.com/cosmic-metals-lip-cream/NYX_343.html

Also a base lipstick of Maybelline Pitch Black.

http://m.cvs.com/shop/beauty/makeup/lips/maybelline-loaded-bolds-lip-color-prodid-1060113

I kinda need to find a good matte black for my goth times.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    That looks good TRV.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Zay wrote: »
    i;m gay

Hi, Gay
    I'm mom.
    How are you? Have you seen hungry and thirsty?

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    QUILTBAG represent.

bowen wrote: »
    That looks good TRV.
    Thanks! I have a wig I can practice on but my hair isn't long enough to do a self braid with my current skill level (0).
    Gonna try and put it on an acorn squash and look up some tutorials!

• CromartyCromarty Danielle Registered User regular
    Braids for everyone!

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    hi I'm bi

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Asexual reporting in.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Recent development in my life led me to question myself on my sexual orientation.

Uncomfortable. I thought I was ace before and now i'm not so sure.

edited October 2017
    Recent development in my life led me to question myself on my sexual orientation.

Uncomfortable. I thought I was ace before and now i'm not so sure.

Hey there's nothing wrong with that changing! Just follow your nose heart and be true to you. I wish you the best of luck in your self discovery! We are always here if you want to air out thoughts, or you can hit folks up in PMs.

Erin The Red on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Without giving too much deets cause it's very personal developments, I think I might be closer to demisexuality than asexuality, if i'm not just straight up het with weird issues with sex.

And, like, I know it's silly, but I kind of fear being cishet. Maybe it's because i internalized my asexuality a lot without really challenging it? Maybe it's because for much of my life, I've seen myself as different?

Anyway, that's what i'm struggling with right now.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Hey squad! Trans, bisexual, currently... eh. Working on shit. Frustrated with having to wait for hormones and worries about my bloodwork/liver.

Cishet ain't so bad unless you're an assjack about it.

• EasilyAmusedEasilyAmused Registered User regular
    Hi I'm Cassie, a trans woman who is now almost 2 months on hrt. I am amazed by how is happening all ready. I normally lurk here but am trying to participate more and work through those anxieties. And what better way to do it than in this group of awesome people.

After growing out my hair for a year and ignoring the shapeless poof on my head I finally went for a trim and style. I am so amazed by having straightened hair with some sort of shape it has prompted me to do something I don't think I have ever done.
    Take selfies!
    97rg3rt5pq8m.jpg

• MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Dropping in, per usual - bi dude, out to one person at my new job (my trainer, who was confused about how bisexuality worked but after explaining/opening up about how it effects me was willing to listen) - and all of y'all are great and deserving of happiness.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Your hair is how I someday want my hair to be.

Hi I'm Cassie, a trans woman who is now almost 2 months on hrt. I am amazed by how is happening all ready. I normally lurk here but am trying to participate more and work through those anxieties. And what better way to do it than in this group of awesome people.

After growing out my hair for a year and ignoring the shapeless poof on my head I finally went for a trim and style. I am so amazed by having straightened hair with some sort of shape it has prompted me to do something I don't think I have ever done.
    Take selfies!
    97rg3rt5pq8m.jpg

Looks good! How did you manage to get it to not look like a bomb explosion? Mine just has the one setting

• KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I think my hair is the one thing I'm usually happy with. Sometimes I paint my nails and/or face in a way that works out, though.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • EasilyAmusedEasilyAmused Registered User regular

Looks good! How did you manage to get it to not look like a bomb explosion? Mine just has the one setting

Apparently I need to learn the how to use a flat iron and I still have no idea how she got my hair lie flat. I’m not quite as curly as you are Erin but very wavy and course. Whatever she did when she did my hair is some kind of magic. The only real trick I think I picked up is to get clips to hold the upper layers of hair up and out of the way while starting to flat iron from the bottom inner part.

There are so many things to learn how to do. I need to keep surrounding myself with people who are willing to share their knowledge.

Yep! Info sponging is a good plan

speaking of, I need to find myself some infosponging cultures to sponge up info on Asexuality. I think I did it the wrong way at first, I started following an Ace blogger on tumblr but, like...... they blog a lot of anti-ace stuff.

As in, debunking it, not, like, promoting it. But still, being reminded nearly daily that out there, there's people that hate me and everything i stand for because I'm (probably) ace did not help my mood that much.

Aw jeez yeah that definitely sounds like a mixed bag. If you find a good resource can you share with the class? I don't know as much about the letters that aren't mine, and want to broaden my horizons.

Aw jeez yeah that definitely sounds like a mixed bag. If you find a good resource can you share with the class? I don't know as much about the letters that aren't mine, and want to broaden my horizons.

I will once I stop being terrified of finding myself, and manage to actually find some ace-positive stuff.

I was suggested a Discord servercalled "FuckYeahAsexual" but i never post there yet.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

speaking of, I need to find myself some infosponging cultures to sponge up info on Asexuality. I think I did it the wrong way at first, I started following an Ace blogger on tumblr but, like...... they blog a lot of anti-ace stuff.

As in, debunking it, not, like, promoting it. But still, being reminded nearly daily that out there, there's people that hate me and everything i stand for because I'm (probably) ace did not help my mood that much.

oh right, I forgot that was a thing

kinda wondering how bad their logic is, and how I could twist it to imply they're a pig fucker

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Hi. I'm a bi lady in a hetero marriage with a 19 month old daughter.

I struggle with self esteem and body issues, but most of they is being a fat whale and not sexuality related.

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Bi and getting by here

Hi thread

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    hello, new thread!
    i lurk here and very occasionally post!

i'm not fond of gender and i enjoy sexuality.
    i don't really think any labels are perfect, but bisexual has almost always worked for me!
    i've been thinking a lot lately about how to describe my gender, if i have one.

• LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Hi new thread, I am a boy who likes boobies and wangs!

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Am I the only person who sometimes gets an incredible urge to alphabetize the thread title.

This discussion has been closed.