As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fulfill Your [Destiny 2]

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Hah, I plan on it (sort of). These 2 aren't quite where I'd want them to be if I was selling them (or maybe I'd sell them at reduced price? I dunno). Also the 3d printer isn't as smooth as I'd like (though I'm not sure who cares about that), so I'm working on dialing that in a bit more.
    Between instagram and imgur I've had a few people ask about getting one so I know a few people are interested in actually buying it for monies.

mmhm, mmhm, mmhm, i fiercely raise my hands to the sky spirit bomb style

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    You can now preload the game on Steam, size is 80gb. Typical encrypted files preload so you can't copy over your B.net install to speed up the download.

Also Shadowkeep launch trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYJTudJ540

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Oh also, D2 is going to be down for all of Monday:

REMINDER TO DISMANTLE YOUR EVERVERSE ITEMS BEFORE THEN TO GET BRIGHT DUST, WHICH YOU NEED TO BUY NEW COSMETIC ITEMS
    IF YOU DO NOT DO IT BEFORE SHADOWKEEP LAUNCHES, THEY WILL NOT GIVE BRIGHT DUST ANYMORE

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    The advertising for this continues to be weirdly at odds with the tone the story wants to set

It's such a disconnect

Trailers: have fun with your buds on the moon!
    Eris Morn: this thing is worse than a million Satans and it will make you doubt that you were ever a good person

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    The advertising for this continues to be weirdly at odds with the tone the story wants to set

It's such a disconnect

Trailers: have fun with your buds on the moon!
    Eris Morn: this thing is worse than a million Satans and it will make you doubt that you were ever a good person

Oh, that's a regular day in my household.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I mean there's two parts of the game, no?

There's the story and lore stuff that is often quite serious and dark, but difficult to really get into (Bungie is great at lore/setting/characters, a bit patchy when it comes to narrative design at times)

Whereas a lot of the gameplay is about hanging out with your friends and shooting stuff together and all that jazz.

What folks get out of the game at any given moment is very self-determined, so I can appreciate them offering advertising to the two sides of the coin here.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Hey, so, did something happen to Failsafe? She has a different voice and lost her other voice.

Edit: as far a I can tell, only at her terminal, though

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    i know someone already said it but it warrants REALLY calling out
    mm6cabelv1sh.gif
    mh4zc5zgr8fr.gif

• Options
    rather have the sharrrrrrds

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    rather have the sharrrrrrds

How are you possibly limited on shards? You know you can go buy them from The Spider for Glimmer on a very regular basis or turn your armor mats into legendary weapons at the Gunsmith, right?

• Options
    RATHER HAVE EM

I don't know the last time I spent bright dust on anything, at all, for any reason. It's possible I never have

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Hey, so, did something happen to Failsafe? She has a different voice and lost her other voice.

Edit: as far a I can tell, only at her terminal, though

I played around on Nessus and talked to her in the ship and didn't notice anything different.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Weird. No idea what happened

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    So I haven't played this game since it first came out. I did the first raid, though I'm not sure I ever actually beat the final boss. For whatever reason I've been thinking about getting back into the game.

I was on PS4 before and I think I'm going to switch over to the steam version. I know there is a transfer thing I can do to move my character so I'll probably look into that.

My big question is this. Looking at steam I see options to buy Destiny 2. There are also options to buy a package with shadowkeep as well as shadowkeep digital deluxe. Does this also get me the previous expansions? I've heard that they've apparently reorganized DLC so that you can do them in whatever order, but I'd still like to go through them in order of release. I just have no idea if buying this thing will get me all the stuff or if I'd have to buy the other DLC separate somehow.

edit- Also I have no idea about communities for this game. I think there was some bare bones clan stuff when I played so I guess I'd be interested in that information. I have no idea if the info from the OP is still relevant as far as clans go.

H0b0man on
    FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    My understanding of it is that buying Shadowkeep will just get you Shadowkeep and the deluxe edition will basically pre-purchase a year's worth of the ongoing content stuff. Does not include prior DLC. BUT with the way the new base version of Destiny works is that it includes the first year's worth of content anyway, which means that you would only need to purchase Forsaken--last year's expansion--to have access to the whole thing. Now, the PC version has its own issue where I think Forsaken isn't available to purchase on Steam at launch because of rights stuff (?) but just getting Shadowkeep will at least leave you with the ability to play the new stuff on Day 1.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    My best understanding is that you need to buy Foresaken to get it and the year 2 seasons; if you buy Shadowkeep digital deluxe then you'll get it and all of the year 3 seasonal content updates. The year 1 stuff is free for everyone, because marketing.

• Options
    RATHER HAVE EM

I don't know the last time I spent bright dust on anything, at all, for any reason. It's possible I never have

it's your prerogative obviously, chase your bliss, but even if you never have before you're talking about functionally flushing free money down the toilet. shards are abundant i would still dump them for BD so that when something shows up and you're like "OH DAMN" especially with universal armor ornaments and emotessssssssssssss you can get 'em

• Options
    Cross-posting from the G&T thread
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    More info on the stuff included in the free version, holy shit there's so much more

EFaRiJVUwAAMvUD.jpg

Actually including all the Annual Pass activities is huge, I booted it up on PC through Battle.net for fun last night and not having access to anything sucked ass.

• Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Oh dang, making Gambit available to everyone is really cool! I remember that being one of the big selling points for Forsaken.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    What does "starting power level 750" mean? Is that what you need to be at to play the new content or will 750 gear drop from the start? I haven't played since Warmind, how does this work with my old 300-something gear? Would I get destroyed if I bought Shadowkeep and went straight to the new areas?

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    What does "starting power level 750" mean? Is that what you need to be at to play the new content or will 750 gear drop from the start? I haven't played since Warmind, how does this work with my old 300-something gear? Would I get destroyed if I bought Shadowkeep and went straight to the new areas?

Every item in the game is getting bumped up to 750, and you'll get 750 gear once you're done with the tutorial. It's the new starting power level.
    I wish that they could just drop it down to a smaller number since starting at 750 is really weird, but that would require a lot of rebalancing of old content and stuff like Iron Banner and Gambit.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    So, this is probably gonna be a stupid question

But how can I tell which of my items is Eververse or not?

Since I can't find a way to see what an item will dismantle into ahead of time.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »

Best way is to use something like Destiny Item Manager that will let you filter for Eververse items.
    Most ships, Ghost shells, shaders, and Sparrows are Eververse, and you can get them again from your collection, so you might as well just dismantle stuff anyway.

• Options

Every item in the game is getting bumped up to 750, and you'll get 750 gear once you're done with the tutorial. It's the new starting power level.
    I wish that they could just drop it down to a smaller number since starting at 750 is really weird, but that would require a lot of rebalancing of old content and stuff like Iron Banner and Gambit.

That is weird. Don't they already have to rebalance the power levels of old content? If all of the launch campaign is still the same power levels as launch, you'd never be able to be underleveled.

The trailer says there's a new dungeon. What's a dungeon in Destiny? Is that different from a strike?

I don't keep up with a game for a year and a half and suddenly nothing makes sense.

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »

Best way is to use something like Destiny Item Manager that will let you filter for Eververse items.
    Most ships, Ghost shells, shaders, and Sparrows are Eververse, and you can get them again from your collection, so you might as well just dismantle stuff anyway.

Cool! Just dismantled everything except for the armor my Warlock was using, since it was my best light level.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2019

That is weird. Don't they already have to rebalance the power levels of old content? If all of the launch campaign is still the same power levels as launch, you'd never be able to be underleveled.

The trailer says there's a new dungeon. What's a dungeon in Destiny? Is that different from a strike?

I don't keep up with a game for a year and a half and suddenly nothing makes sense.

1. The only thing in the game you can be underleveled for is the new Seasonal and Shadowkeep content, that's intentional. They wanted players to be able to play everything immediately.
    2. There's one dungeon right now, The Shattered Throne in the Dreaming City. It's a 3-player non-matchmade activity, longer than a strike with harder and more complicated encounters. There's also Niobe Labs, which they originally called a dungeon but it's nothing like Shattered Throne, it's a series of obtuse puzzles with hard fights all set in one room, and it was only used as part of an event to unlock the final Black Armory forge. I think all you get out of it now is a Ghost shell and an emblem or something like that.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    That thing with dismantling Eververse stuff, do you get to keep the dismantled items? I don't think that was the case last I played.

• Options
    That thing with dismantling Eververse stuff, do you get to keep the dismantled items? I don't think that was the case last I played.

You can recover them from your Collection.

It used to require Bright Dust to recover them, but it'll just cost glimmer and shards after the changes.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019

The Eververse shaders, sparrows, ships, ghosts, and transmat effects can be pulled from your Collection. Right now, it costs dust to pull them, but after Shadowkeep, it will take like shards and glimmer. So the idea is to break it all down now, build up dust, then buy back any stuff you wanted with the "less valuable" currencies.

Eververse armor cannot be pulled from the Collection, so if there's any rolls you have you really like, maybe keep them, but any you've had in the past will become ornaments for 2.0 legendary armor.

Also, a Dungeon is essentially a 3-person Raid

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I loaded up Destiny 2 to do the dismantling thing. Great to see shaders are still dismantled one at a time.

And what's this? All my mods are obsolete and have to be dismantled? And it has to be done one at a time too? That's great!

• Options
    I loaded up Destiny 2 to do the dismantling thing. Great to see shaders are still dismantled one at a time.

And what's this? All my mods are obsolete and have to be dismantled? And it has to be done one at a time too? That's great!

The Cryptarch can dismantle shaders for you 5 at a time.

• Options
    This week's This Week At Bungie is up, lots of patch notes, previews, and info on Shadowkeep changes, including what is quite possibly the best named weapon in Destiny history, this season's Crucible quest reward...

pDHQ8QF.png

• Options
    Rock Lobster!Rock Lobster! Registered User regular
    Also keep 1 each of your weapon mods so that they'll turn into the reusable unlocks. Mods in weapons won't count, (unless you dismantle the weapon to get the mod).

Steam | BNet: Eits#1367
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    So many good changes, so much anticipation

• Options
    Don’t dismantle mods yet

There’s literally no downside to dismantling eververse though, you can get all that stuff back. Go nuts

Like people have said dungeon is basically a three player raid, and it’s very good

• Options
    Also I came here to say that the TWAB has lots of good stuff but the BEST PART PROBABLY IS THIS LINE

“ All non-powerful rewards now drop 3 to 0 points below your highest equippable Power level, up from 15 to 20 below”

That’s a massive change. It’s going to make getting slot screwed SO MUCH less of an issue it’s actually insane

• Options
    Alright, yesterday morning I finally managed to hit 690+, the minimum recommend level for Menagerie. What’s the actual recommended level, to not be completely out of my league?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Alright, yesterday morning I finally managed to hit 690+, the minimum recommend level for Menagerie. What’s the actual recommended level, to not be completely out of my league?

Just wait for next Tuesday and you will be 750 which is past the maximum you'd need to be.

• Options

If you don't want to wait, I started having a good time in there around 720.

• Options
    Also you can probably just go in at 690 at this point and get your feet wet, regular menagerie is ez you won’t need to worry about being deadweight

This discussion has been closed.