As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cheap @$$ flights to Seattle for PAX

FunkyBlueFunkyBlue Registered User regular
edited May 2007 in PAX Archive
If you don't want to drive and Delta is too expensive to fly, you guys need to check out www.SkyBus.com. They're doing no frills flights from a few cities and one of them is Seattle and they're dirt cheap. Some of them are as low as $10.00. I think the highest I've seen was $160.00 for a one-way out of Columbus, OH. The only thing is that these guys are bare bones. No snacks or meals, no first or business class, and you only get one carry-on bag free. If you need to check a bag, it's costs about $50.00. You get on the plane, you fly, you get the f--- off the plane.

The wife and I are tempting flying to Boston just because it's something like $160.00 for two round-trip tickets.

FunkyBlue on

• Options
    edited May 2007
    And no, I'm not a shill. It's just something that you guys should check out if you can't make the supertrips and you live far, far away from the west coast. Or don't feel like driving from L.A.

FunkyBlue on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well, it's a good deal if you want to fly to Columbus, OH. It doesn't seem you can go anywhere else. Either that or their site's broken.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited May 2007
    Here's a tip, get a cheap flight to Columbus, rent a car and join the CCST

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited May 2007
    In a loophole-ish way, I wish I was coming in from out of town so I could partake in the supertrips.

I've never been a part of one, nor do I really know what happens on these trips, but the idea sounds like it has the potential to be an event as memorable as PAX itself. This is no small claim.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    lol @ dave

f that, ill stick with my 15min drive to pax :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited May 2007
    One day I'd like to fly out of town specifically to come back into Seattle in a SuperTrip.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hey, gas is going to be 4.00 a gallon and that's a long drive. Yeah, you may not get the experience of a ST, but it'll probably cost one hell of a lot less and that's more money to spend at PAX.

Pissed I can't go. Already spending too much going to GenCon in Indy and I work for a local school district and I kinda have to be there for the first three weeks of school. Not fair, I tell ya.

FunkyBlue on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, checked out the site...

You have to pick a starting location that is listed on the site, and a finishing location that is also listed on the site.

And the "Seattle" that they have listed is actually Bellingham, WA. Which google tells me is an hour drive north of Seattle.

But shit... Under $400 round trip... that is cheaper then the CCST I'm sorry to say.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Qs23 wrote: »
    Yeah, checked out the site...

You have to pick a starting location that is listed on the site, and a finishing location that is also listed on the site.

And the "Seattle" that they have listed is actually Bellingham, WA. Which google tells me is an hour drive north of Seattle.

But shit... Under $400 round trip... that is cheaper then the CCST I'm sorry to say.

An hour? LOL

Try 1.5h best possible time. 2h if you run into some rush hour traffic

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007

Two point response:
    1) CCST isn't about saving money/time. It's about awesome.
    2) A standard flight from Delta is under $400 round trip as well ($330 from OKC where I live).

anable on
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    anable wrote: »

Two point response:
    1) CCST isn't about saving money/time. It's about awesome.
    2) A standard flight from Delta is under $400 round trip as well ($330 from OKC where I live).

Yeah... now that I look back on that... I have no clue what I was saying and I think I was drunk when I said it.

CCST is going to be cheaper if you've got more then one person in the car... and it's not safe to try and drive cross country by yourself.

And coming from Detroit... the cheapest flight has been $360ish.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    PAX this year is in downtown Seattle, in the fancy fancy business district.

Bellevue hosted PAX every other year, but this year it's just too big.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
This discussion has been closed.