As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Assassin's Creed

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    when people completed [Ambush At Sea] the first time around, there were reports of equipment and such being lost

so they disabled it for everyone

the patch notes say,
    The issue that caused for some save games to be corrupted was fixed and the mission is now available to players again

which sounds a lot worse than what I had heard

(I completed it just now and I didn't notice the loss of anything)

Tamin on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    The naval combat in this game... is bad

But I like the archer animations

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    General modern day location spoilers maybe?
    Question:
    can I find the cave Layla's in, with Bayek and Aya's tombs, in Bayek's time?

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    General modern day location spoilers maybe?
    Question:
    can I find the cave Layla's in, with Bayek and Aya's tombs, in Bayek's time?
    yes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Did we already talk about the Sphinx? Cos I want to talk the Sphinx for a hot second:
    God DAMN, a fucking starroom hidden in the Sphinx! With a world map indicating the locations of all the standing stones! This is my shit right here. It's been a long time since I've seen something like this-the much-maligned Prince of Persia: Warrior Within had a special extended world puzzle for getting the True Sword that could defeat the Dahaka and give the real ending to the game. I know this won't be that, but I really, really do dig these advanced puzzles, and now I have the starroom map saved in my phone and I'm sussing out the locations of the standing stones, I almost have half of them right now, although a few I expected to find don't quite seem to exist in the spots implied, so I'm still hunting. I'm sure people have been all over this already, but, just wanted to share it anyway.

In a smaller note, surprised to discovered the smoke bomb knockdown/damage stacks, so you can kill multiple guards with a second or third bomb if you want to.

• Options
    I've been messing with some of the names for the special tombs
    shifting them around in google translate for fun, splicing them in weird ways. I put the six names in sequence, then starting removing the hyphens and dots. Half-way through, I glance over and see, "That the water will be destroyed by the marshmallows of the Israeli army."

Which is making me giggle.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    shifting them around in google translate for fun, splicing them in weird ways. I put the six names in sequence, then starting removing the hyphens and dots. Half-way through, I glance over and see, "That the water will be destroyed by the marshmallows of the Israeli army."

"I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us."

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2017

"I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us."
    The Marshmallow of Eden?

Anyways, I finished this over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it- the alst time a game got its hooks in me this much was MGSV: TPP. Which this game in it's...open approach to missions and encounters reminds me quite a bit of.

I agree the narrative takes something of a dive once you get your final 2 targets- it feels rushed, and those 2 needed a bit more buildup and set up there, and Bayek is now tied with Ezio as my favorite AC protagonist.

Plus, I admit to thoroughly (and probably guiltily) enjoying
    The buddy-cop chariot chase scene sequence of Bayek and Caesar. The Bro-shake at the end was glorious.

That said, I reinstalled Syndicate on my PS4 and holy moley, what a difference in actual control- I found that Origins just...plays smoother than the last entry.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Are the tombs with the weird precursor speeches marked on the map?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Bar I think one*, no, but they are contained within other tombs, which are map icons.

which you can't really mistake for anything else and is pretty rad to stumble across while exploring the deserts

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Are the tombs with the weird precursor speeches marked on the map?
    It's not just for those, but check out the gold question marks.
    I think it shows tombs where you can get a bonus ability point, but all the precursor sites are in those as well.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Precursor stuff
    I've found the Sphinx map room and the one tomb you enter during the Hyena quest where you can listen to that long recording
    Are there more?

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Precursor stuff
    I've found the Sphinx map room and the one tomb you enter during the Hyena quest where you can listen to that long recording
    Are there more?
    There are about 5 total I think.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Precursor stuff
    Are there more?

Yes

• Options
    Aw dang
    Gotta go spend a lot more time in the desert I guess

• Options
    The "important" one is
    under the sphinx map room, once you unlock it. The others are more fluffy

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Precursor stuff
    Are there more?
    There are about 5 total I think.
    6 total (counting the Sphinx one), at least that I've found so far.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    The "important" one is
    under the sphinx map room, once you unlock it. The others are more fluffy
    Sorta. You still have to visit a buncha them so you can get enough silica to activate it. They don't all have to the tombs with Precurser...stuff there, but those ones do have more silica present.

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • Options
    Along those lines
    I couldn't re-activate the Sphinx message. I know it's written down in Layla's computer, but I really wish they had used the audio folder instead. The garbled bits sounded like reversed audio and I wanted to go back over them and check.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    About the time I accidentally got a pack of lions on my tail, and inadvertently led them to a military outpost that happened to be in the midst of a rebel raid, and I hopped on a mounted crossbow to rain death upon an already-indiscriminate bloodbath as the sun rose behind me, I realized that this is my game of the year.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I think Bayek of Siwa (i have to say his name like this) might be my favourite protagonist theyve ever done. His whole roaming police officer set up works so well, he has a revenge plot but its not grim dark and all-encompassing, his outlook is very positive and his perspective being couched in his culture and religion makes everything really interesting and unique. Like hes not super complex or deep but he works so well as an "open world rpg protagonist"

on another note still super pissed that my final achievement wont unlock, but ah well.

Prohass on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The narrative and characters are definitely where I have no complaints

Bayek is a top-shelf protagonist

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Bayek seemed cool and I was digging the story

This'll probably be the first game where I actually just watch the cutscenes on YouTube

• Options
    Okay Ubisoft I know you're all proud of this gigantic open world but there are two whole regions with literally nothing in them

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Okay Ubisoft I know you're all proud of this gigantic open world but there are two whole regions with literally nothing in them

I actually really liked this, I mean even if you remove those regions the game is huge and packed with stuff to do, so I liked that there were some regions that were basically there for atmosphere and verisimilitude

Prohass on
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »

I actually really liked this, I mean even if you remove those regions the game is huge and packed with stuff to do, so I liked that there were some regions that were basically there for atmosphere and verisimilitude

It helps to emphasize that yeah deserts are deserts, you want some content go to the nile or an oasis

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I actually kinda wish the world was the same size except a little emptier

There were quite a few regions where I was like, "Oh god, how many fucking question marks are gonna pop up, and how many are gonna be more goddamn enemy camps?"

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Completing all the stone circles, reward
    oh my GOD this Tron-ass armor
    It's so fucking dumb and I LOVE IT

• Options
    Completing all the stone circles, reward
    oh my GOD this Tron-ass armor
    It's so fucking dumb and I LOVE IT

i love it too tho i wish
    you could turn the lights off, because its just a tiny bit too ridiculous for me to wear

• Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The narrative and characters are definitely where I have no complaints

Bayek is a top-shelf protagonist

The setting and Bayek are why I bothered playing this game. The combat gets better once you unlock some abilities but it's still decidedly not my thing. This is one of my favorite AC games in spite of that.

Has anybody else completed the Elite Gladiator challenges in Cyrene? I just went back and did the ones in Krokodilopolis and was super bummed not to get another outfit. Not sure I'll bother with the other ones considering that's 20 fights for a handful of extra legendary weapons.

• Options
    edited November 2017

OH SHIT
    The Stay Khuft Marshmallow Man

Rhesus Positive on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am really bad at the combat. I do not know what I am doing wrong.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Have you changed Block to a toggle in the options? That's the first thing I did when I found it and it made a huge difference. Otherwise it's basically, be patient, dodge what you can and don't get tunnelvisioned on one guy.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    How many Phylakes are there total? And is there an easy way to go seek them out?

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    How many Phylakes are there total? And is there an easy way to go seek them out?

Not sure on the number but their icon appears on the map even if you've not been to that area yet. Just have to zoom in/out the right amount.

Apparently there's ten ranging from level 20 to 40.

SharpyVII on
  • Options
    The easiest way to bait one out is to raid an outpost and let the signal fire go off. ( you might even be able to do it yourself with the torch, but I didn't try). Any Phylakes in the area will come to the fort to get you.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I can confirm that you can light signal fires yourself.

Stupid fire arrows and/or guards who don't stay still

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I have a confession to make: I hardly ever

ever

use the shield.

My deal is rolling and sidestepping and, if I must fight more than three at a time, get to higher ground or my camel immediately to reduce their numbers one way or another.

I’m sure if I was playing on a higher difficulty my experience would be quite different.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think I blocked like maybe 3 times in my entire play through

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I finally got to the pyramids. They are cool! The main interior to Kufu's is even pretty accurate!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork