As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Komprom[chat]

AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whateverRegistered User regular
edited November 2017 in Debate and/or Discourse
soviet-shush-woman.jpg
"What happen to Atomika and job? Here what happen: Fuck you. Dat ees what happen. Too many question. Maybe soon you not haff job too. Maybe no family either. Maybe no legs. We see. Be quiet now."

Atomika on

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Well this is certainly a thing.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    can't wait until the 20 years later postmortem and we get to see the declassified peepee tapes

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The Leftovers was the last show to deeply affect me. I should not have watched the whole thing in a two week period. It threw me in to a deep and dissociative depression.

same for star trek voyager

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    The Skyrim on Switch thing still just utterly baffles me.

I can play it in bed, on the couch while watching a movie, on a car trip, on a business trip, etc.

In fact, give me all the games from 2010-2016 in portable form.

I can see someone not having a laptop and wanting to play it portable I guess. But Skyrim portable is a vastly inferior version to the other console or PC versions with better graphics and mods.

The people who have never played Skyrim, prefer mobile portability to graphical shininess and the ability to mod, and are willing to drop 60 bucks on this this years old game are going to be few and far between I'm guessing.

But then people keep saying they're buying it so I don't know what the fuck anymore.

You can play Skyrim in bed/couch now via console or PC. You can play it in portable mode on a halfway decent laptop. A more expensive weird neutered version that can be portable doesn't seem like a big winner.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    can't wait until the 20 years later postmortem and we get to see the declassified peepee tapes

i'm actually pretty good without seeing that

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Uh, Yahoo....

qVSgKkj.png

@Sir Landshark

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I am tempted to try this YouTube TV thing they have avaliable here.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

i'm actually pretty good without seeing that

nah I need to know if atomika's boss has a tiny penis

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So uh, 3 day weekend this week. And its a Friday off for once. YES!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    The Leftovers was the last show to deeply affect me. I should not have watched the whole thing in a two week period. It threw me in to a deep and dissociative depression.

omg take that back

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Not shown: a screenshot from Sunday where my percentage chance to win was 100% because my opponent didn't replace his bye week player until late in the day.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Sirbuttshark

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm bugging all of your houses so we don't get stuck without information again.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

omg take that back

i mean i'm not saying it was for the same reasons but

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Look there's a 1% chance you just get erased from the timeline. He can still win.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Uh, Yahoo....

qVSgK

"Sir Landshark"

wow that's weird!

also why is your kicker on bye

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Awkward comedy is so hard for me to watch because I empathize so much with socially unadjusted people.

That's one of the things I really appreciated about Watamote

It starts off just painfully cringe comedy, and then subtly expands outwards from its main character to a supporting cast, and we see how they all feel like actually they're the most awkward person in the universe. It doesn't like, magically reform its characters into being cool, it just shows how universal feeling awkward can be, even when from other people's views you have everything they want.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Look there's a 1% chance you just get erased from the timeline. He can still win.

It's conceivable that I could sub in a kicker who somehow gets negative points (throws an interception in a fake FG and score no other points?), but I have no other kickers and I can't pick one up off the waiver wire until Wednesday so....

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    maybe it defaults to 1% whenever not all positions are locked and finalized @visiblehowl

so in theory your replacement kicker could get a bunch of ints and fumbles and go negative and you'd lose

ed: nm saw your earlier post where it was apparently 100% at one point

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    Uh, Yahoo....

qVSgK

"Sir Landshark"

wow that's weird!

I forgot to set my lineup and slept in on Sunday. I don't have another kicker, and once the games start, all the available players go on waivers until Wednesday.

Whoops!

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    This is bullshit I was sure atomika would flake and I was making a terry crews chat

OH WELL GUESS THE CHAT TERRY CREWS CRUISE WILL HAVE TO SAIL ANOTHER DAY

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

There is actually a path for loss assuming standard scoring of missed field goals within 30 yards resulting in -1 points. It would only take eight!

Maybe it gets exotic and the kicker is part of a fake field goal attempt and gets blasted immediately upon getting possession of the ball, losing points for a fumble.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    my brother apparently played calvin johnson this week

i guess he picked him up on a whim because there are rumors he might play again if the lions release him to another team or something

being a lions fan does weird things to your brain

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Uh, Yahoo....

qVSgKkj.png

"Sir Landshark"

tyrod taylor is currently beating me because i guess @elki is a fucking genius at sports.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Uh, Yahoo....

qVSgK

"Sir Landshark"

wow that's weird!

I forgot to set my lineup and slept in on Sunday. I don't have another kicker, and once the games start, all the available players go on waivers until Wednesday.

Whoops!

aww you guys should use game time waivers

that way players don't lock until their individual game starts

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Oh no everyone else explained it before me.

Oh nooooooooo.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm just gonna start making up wild rumors about Atomika's job and stating them as fact, I mean that post is basically a challenge right

• Options
    Oh right, I'm 8 points ahead, he'd have to throw a shitton of interceptions and/or fumble a lot.

Like, GB's backup QB goes down, and it turns out Mason Crosby played some QB in college, so they start him and he throws 3 interceptions and loses a fumble.

It's weird that the chance of that happening rounds up to 1% though.

(also as mentioned that's impossible because I can't sub out my bye kicker)

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Atomika caught the CEO of the Hospital Group skull fucking a donor head and is set for life

• Options
    my brother apparently played calvin johnson this week

i guess he picked him up on a whim because there are rumors he might play again if the lions release him to another team or something

being a lions fan does weird things to your brain

Yeah apparently Pittsburgh was seeing if it could happen.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Uh, Yahoo....

qVSgK

"Sir Landshark"

wow that's weird!

Whoops!

aww you guys should use game time waivers

that way players don't lock until their individual game starts

This is a pretty casual league. No money involved or anything. We just use the default settings.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm just gonna start making up wild rumors about Atomika's job and stating them as fact, I mean that post is basically a challenge right

i heard she got recruited by NASA for a top secret space mining operation

• Options
    Oh right, I'm 8 points ahead, he'd have to throw a shitton of interceptions and/or fumble a lot.

Like, GB's backup QB goes down, and it turns out Mason Crosby played some QB in college, so they start him and he throws 3 interceptions and loses a fumble.

you can in many yahoo leagues tho. it's a setting that your commissioner can change.

but it doesn't explain it being 100% earlier in the day so *shrug emoji*

• Options

i heard she got recruited by NASA for a top secret space mining operation

why? apparently she's only good at covering shit up, not unearthing it

• Options

you can in many yahoo leagues tho. it's a setting that your commissioner can change.

but it doesn't explain it being 100% earlier in the day so *shrug emoji*

Well, the explanation is definitely some version of "Yahoo's win percentage predictive algorithm has no fucking idea how to handle bye-week players in the starting lineup."

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    And yes, in my worldview hospitals just have donor heads lying around in cold storage.

Not bodies

just heads

• Options
    Could also be some major scoring adjustments as well, but no way does that account for 1% either.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    translation
    "watch your back. These days walls have ears. It's not far from idle chat to treason. Don't chatter!"

I love soviet propaganda poster aesthetic

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    And yes, in my worldview hospitals just have donor heads lying around in cold storage.

Not bodies

just heads

Just like in Walt Disney World!

• Options
    Atomika accidentally learned how to cure cancer but big pharma doesn't want you to know so she's been bought off. It was that or death so don't be mad at her

This discussion has been closed.