As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    God I hope I get off of work early today.

I have plans for this weekend.

This game is my plans.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I've got monday and tuesday off.

I got a taste for it this morning but today I suffer at work.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    Got up at 5:30 to get a 1.5 hours in. Not much can drive me to that, so a good sign...

What do the three-star symbols mean for certain character skills? The up/down arrows are obviously the proficiency symbols...

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Got up at 5:30 to get a 1.5 hours in. Not much can drive me to that, so a good sign...

What do the three-star symbols mean for certain character skills? The up/down arrows are obviously the proficiency symbols...

That's their hidden talent. If you teach them in that skill often enough, it'll turn into a strength. It might also give that character an additional bonus, for example a new combat art that they couldn't otherwise learn.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Budding talent.

If you train it enough it will become a strong proficiency and open up a special skill for them.

A list of said skills:

https://serenesforest.net/three-houses/characters/budding-talents/

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I know this thread is full of spoilers but I have one very important question.

Does Female Byleth ever get a fucking promotion with proper gloves or am I stuck with the hand fetish version forever?

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Does Female Byleth ever get a fucking promotion with proper gloves or am I stuck with the hand fetish version forever?

In battle every class will give them a different outfit.

Out of battle that is the outfit they wear other than DLC or maybe some other sort of unlockables.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular

In battle every class will give them a different outfit.

Out of battle that is the outfit they wear other than DLC or maybe some other sort of unlockables.

Thanks I am both happy and enraged.

I will consul myself knowing I get to serve “ MAH QUEEN” Eldgard.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    General themes of each route as per the Director:
    "Edelgard’s route realizes her ideals and ambitions.

Dimitri's involves him becoming a just king, through his story of searching for the light even in the darkness (thank you u/HidoranBlaze).

Claude’s explores out this world’s mysteries getting the closest to the truth."

DEER DEER DEER!

So Blue Lions are Persona 3, Golden Deer are Persona 4, and Black Eagles are Persona 5.

The colors line up. Huh.

Which means Persona 1 and 2 don't exist, also accurate.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    General themes of each route as per the Director:
    "Edelgard’s route realizes her ideals and ambitions.

Dimitri's involves him becoming a just king, through his story of searching for the light even in the darkness (thank you u/HidoranBlaze).

Claude’s explores out this world’s mysteries getting the closest to the truth."

DEER DEER DEER!

So Blue Lions are Persona 3, Golden Deer are Persona 4, and Black Eagles are Persona 5.

The colors line up. Huh.

Which means Persona 1 and 2 don't exist, also accurate.

They're the pre-Awakening games and fanbase.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    UPS, I am counting on you not to punk me... I want that game waiting for me when I get home :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    UPS, I am counting on you not to punk me... I want that game waiting for me when I get home :P

I...may have the live delivery tracker showing the UPS truck location running in the background on my work machine right now...

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Durinia wrote: »

I...may have the live delivery tracker showing the UPS truck location running in the background on my work machine right now...

How do you set that up?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Well, the game has arrived, so I'll probably be disappearing for a bit.

Also, scanning my Lucina amiibo unlocked Conquest (Ablaze) for me to play during the side battles.

• Options
    Also, scanning my Lucina amiibo unlocked Conquest (Ablaze) for me to play during the side battles.

Anything besides music?

How do you set that up?

UPS MyChoice

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    The art in the chapter introductions (or whatever they are) is really lovely

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

Anything besides music?

Couple of items. Some tea, some ingredients, some healing items, that kind of thing. Nothing spectacular.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

...Which amiibo unlocks Id?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I still need to finish Awakening, start Fates and then buy Shadows.

I might be a lil behind on this series just abit.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    So I went with hard classic since reviews made it seem like normal is a bit too much of a cakewalk where hard you definitely have to use some strategy. I did double check, you can lower the difficulty (but not raise it back up) if things are a little too intense. I don't even remember the last Fire Emblem I really tried to play but this one has a lot of stuff I'm into going on. Just reached the point where I'm actually teaching and quickly hitting a "oh god I should have planned this out better there's too many choices" point.

I think it's generally hard to mess up since the game is pretty clear about strengths/weaknesses and goals will keep you on the right path, but dang there's gonna be some tough choices.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

...Which amiibo unlocks Id?

Smart money's on Robin.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    So, stealing students from other houses. Do I need someone with those stats in my house, or does Byleth need those stats?

Early spoilers.
    I like how the church people are occasionally super sinister about the church, and how the history of the church is super brutal and horrible but couched in heroic terms.

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    So, stealing students from other houses. Do I need someone with those stats in my house, or does Byleth need those stats?

Early spoilers.
    I like how the church people are occasionally super sinister about the church, and how the history of the church is super brutal and horrible but couched in heroic terms.

Only Byleths stats matter.

Other notes on that.
    Byleths friend rating lowers it a lot. It seems if you just get to around C first(sometimes you need a few points above as it isn't the letter rank that matters but the point value) the requirements seem to drop from needing Bs to steal them to needing Cs. And supposedly if you get up to A rank you can even steal them for free. So B rank probably starts dropping requirements to the Ds by that logic.

• Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Hard seems pretty tough so far. Had to restart the mock battle like 5 or 6 times before I could do it without losing somebody. On the final attempt, it’s not like I did anything different, it’s just that the crits were in my favor and there were no misses at critical moments, in particular

(This was as black eagles)
    any time claude would get an attack/follow up attack on literally any of my guys, even Edelgard, it was a one shot kill. The only time I beat him was when I didn’t miss at all and got him before he could even act

Really burning through those weapons with the combat arts though...

Guess I won’t lower the difficulty just yet.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    Alright judging by these comments here I think I'll be fine on normal.

I have never once played an FE game on normal and thought it was too easy and always been plenty challenged. And I will be just using a 7 person group max without gambits on at least 6 of them and all just playing the classes I think they are the coolest at... so it's probably fine.

I imagine a lot of the ease comes from a combination of people who tend to be better at these games and even just people using all the tools available to them at all times. Which makes sense! That's what those tools are for! But I'm a weirdo and only use stuff I think is cool even if detrimental.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I'm looking forward to playing on Classic and actually am open to the idea of the rewind function. I don't like being able to lose people willy-nilly, but I also hate hitting reset when I spend an hour+ on a fight and lose a character right at the end due to a dumb move.

This is like... high stakes, but not absolutely unforgiving. There's a slim margin for occasional error. I think I'll be happy with that.

Pretty sure that every FE I've abandoned has been at a point where I tried a battle multiple times and had to reset near the end. So I am hoping to get all of the way through this one.

Edit: I also hope that I can allow myself to lose a character or two if the story kinda permits it. Like, I'm going to try to be a big boy and let some dead people stay dead, if I think it will enhance my personal story.

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    New Fire Emblem, who dis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiRUaqWNBoQ

Also, got a promotional "FE:3H is here!" e-mail from Nintendo. They apparently have been tracking house selection on the website, and the results...

kSnSA8s.png

I would have assumed Claude would be ahead of Dmitri based on chatter here, but apparently that's not universal. Edelgard is still #1 though.

Durinia on
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or is the text in handheld mode tiny. Like, I have really good eyesight and it's sometimes hard to make out.

And the on the Lite its going to be even smaller

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Damn right Edelgard is number one.

BLACK EAGLES STAND TALL!

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    New Fire Emblem, who dis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiRUaqWNBoQ

Also, got a promotional "FE:3H is here!" e-mail from Nintendo. They apparently have been tracking house selection on the website, and the results...

kSnSA8s.png

I would have assumed Claude would be ahead of Dmitri based on chatter here, but apparently that's not universal. Edelgard is still #1 though.

Honestly that list doesn't surprise me and is what I expected.

As for Claude you have to remember we are on but a niche site full of nerds and in no way represent the greater fanbase.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I'll note that the phrasing is about favorite house leader, even if the options are highlighted with the house themselves. In terms of philosophy, I absolutely prefer the coalition of free states that band together to protect themselves from the larger political powers. As a house leader, I'd probably go with Edelgard because pink hair and she's a lady who can split you in half with an axe. What's not to love?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Golden deer gives you hilda, so they cover that as well!

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I’m not surprised Edelgard is out in front but I AM surprised Dimitri is second over Claude, given that Claude is so immediately charming and Dimitri is so immediately corny

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    my beeeyooootiful seasons of warfare edeition just arrived. great shape, which is always a fear when something is shipped.

gonna start it up tonight but I'm going away next month and kinda want to save it. I'm sure there's enough content haha, I won't be finishing it fast. so I at least wanna get dug in.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    ronzo wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is the text in handheld mode tiny. Like, I have really good eyesight and it's sometimes hard to make out.

And the on the Lite its going to be even smaller

Nintendo's typically been better about this than most multiplatform games, but I guess not all their studios got the memo.

Excepting BotW which is still a Wii U game.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Beat the mock battle. Not that difficult on Hard, but I definitely had to carefully plan every move.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Man, this silent protagonist schtick is just super awkward. The more involved the story/voice acting for a game is, the more jarring I find the random mime acts.

• Options
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Man, this silent protagonist schtick is just super awkward. The more involved the story/voice acting for a game is, the more jarring I find the random mime acts.

I have never liked silent protagonist self-inserts. It's especially jarring for me in complete blank slates like Elder Scrolls games. It's slightly more tolerable in the Personas and SMTs and Dragon Quests where characters at least have physical attitudes and identities.

I've never done self-inserts in pencil and paper role-playing games either. I play characters that are different than myself.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I’m not surprised Edelgard is out in front but I AM surprised Dimitri is second over Claude, given that Claude is so immediately charming and Dimitri is so immediately corny

Claude is the exact opposite of charming to me. His entire act reminds me of people who work in sales or marketing, just completely fake and slimy.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Hmm. Hard is kind of a meatgrinder and I'm only on chapter 3. I feel I have to burn weapon arts nonstop to kill things fast enough.

Need to look into who to poach for this run.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.